Chest discomfort, after sudden tachycardic episode

views

TSspeedfamgirl
post Aug 25 2017, 10:11 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(funniman @ Aug 25 2017, 03:11 PM)
Were you on any health supplements?
I once took glucosamine and that elevated my heart pressure and pulse rate for a week. I felt light headed after some exercise. Since then I stopped the intake, everything went normal.
Apart from Blackmore multivitamin & primrose oil, i dont have any medications.

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Aug 25 2017, 01:39 PM)
Hmmm, this sounds like really random. Have you looked up on PSVT before?
Yea i did spend lots of time researching about PSVT since i get that weird fast heart rate...but for the previous episodes the bpm was waaay less to be considered as SVT....hence i buat bodo je.

I tell my medic this morning about my 171 bpm episode, he was concerned and urged me to go check up. even offered to send me back (and that means non emergency medevac which put a red stamp on my safety passport. i dont want that!). the thing needs to be checked (and its not easy to detect coz it happens randomly) & there's medication to lower the heart rate, and we talked about possible A Fib...argh! no way im getting all those weird heart problems confused.gif sweat.gif

I refused to get checked because fear of the result & possible scrutiny...i still want to keep my job & thank goodness those things are brief & manageable. But my medic said it can get worse over time & may lead to complications.

Maybe it's just stress & lack of sleep...as im currently working night shift.

This post has been edited by speedfamgirl: Aug 25 2017, 10:21 PM
Staterrotor
post Aug 29 2017, 10:57 PM

49 posts

Discomfort in the chest area can appear as a result of many factors, so you should visit a doctor.
Kilohertz
post Aug 30 2017, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ Aug 25 2017, 10:11 PM)
Apart from Blackmore multivitamin & primrose oil, i dont have any medications.
Yea i did spend lots of time researching about PSVT since i get that weird fast heart rate...but for the previous episodes the bpm was waaay less to be considered as SVT....hence i buat bodo je.

I tell my medic this morning about my 171 bpm episode, he was concerned and urged me to go check up. even offered to send me back (and that means non emergency medevac which put a red stamp on my safety passport. i dont want that!). the thing needs to be checked (and its not easy to detect coz it happens randomly) & there's medication to lower the heart rate, and we talked about possible A Fib...argh! no way im getting all those weird heart problems confused.gif  sweat.gif

I refused to get checked because fear of the result & possible scrutiny...i still want to keep my job & thank goodness those things are brief & manageable. But my medic said it can get worse over time & may lead to complications.

Maybe it's just stress & lack of sleep...as im currently working night shift.
It gets worse if you keep getting it with the risk of weakening your heart. The frustration with arrhythmia is sometimes it's really difficult to diagnose sad.gif
TSspeedfamgirl
post Aug 31 2017, 01:05 AM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Aug 30 2017, 08:28 AM)
It gets worse if you keep getting it with the risk of weakening your heart. The frustration with arrhythmia is sometimes it's really difficult to diagnose sad.gif
Yes coz its involved in the electrical part of things...apart from that i believe my heart was pretty sound mechanically.
I dont get any racing pulse episode since the last one...but now constant palpitations & erratic pulse change! one beat at 60 then next one 85, sometimes i can feel a run of 3 beats per second. this can last for many hours even during sleep.

I'm taking note on what i eat & avoid what can trigger them...still to no avail. i only slept like 5 hours daily during working night shift coz its so noisy.

Well despite all the palpitations im still as calm & still function like a normal human being (i've been feeling palpitation for years only recently it was more pronounced)...and pray hard i dont get tachy when i need to go outstation at a remote jacket.

Going to a hospital now is out of the question, i still have another week on board then another busy week for trainings & such, then back to crew change.
The only place i can vent out is to my medic & through this forum sad.gif

Thanks all for your concern.
funniman
post Sep 5 2017, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

I am having a hyper BP case as of now. Over the last few days, I felt slight giddiness and went to see my doc yesterday. Found out my BP was 170/110. That put me in the hyper BP category. No choice but to take medication, in this case is Twynsta. Very fast acting and it went down to 135/85 this morning. Have to take and monitor for 1 week and see what happens.
Found out that if the BP is too high, blood vessels get ruptured and complications like kidney failure and stroke can set in. So if BP is too high, it is a cause for concern. In fact a diastolic reading of 110 as in my case, I should not drive.
I am a bit surprised at my readings as I am a very active person. I do jungle hiking every week. It is still a mystery why my BP spiked.

This post has been edited by funniman: Sep 5 2017, 01:49 PM
TSspeedfamgirl
post Sep 5 2017, 05:53 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(funniman @ Sep 5 2017, 01:47 PM)
I am having a hyper BP case as of now. Over the last few days, I felt slight giddiness and went to see my doc yesterday. Found out my BP was 170/110. That put me in the hyper BP category. No choice but to take medication, in this case is Twynsta. Very fast acting and it went down to 135/85 this morning. Have to take and monitor for 1 week and see what happens.
Found out that if the BP is too high, blood vessels get ruptured and complications like kidney failure and stroke can set in. So if BP is too high, it is a cause for concern. In fact a diastolic reading of 110 as in my case, I should not drive.
I am a bit surprised at my readings as I am a very active person. I do jungle hiking every week. It is still a mystery why my BP spiked.
Whoa man...how old are you if i may ask? Hope you feel better now..

Having high BP is one of my worries since both side of my parents all have BP problems, and cancer too. Stroke are common in the family..but i dont know if they had any arrhythmia problems that leading to their stroke.
Touch wood i did not get any racing episode since the last one....fuh! hated it & hopefully it wont came back. maybe its some bad days & too stressed out of nothing.
funniman
post Sep 5 2017, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ Sep 5 2017, 05:53 PM)
Whoa man...how old are you if i may ask? Hope you feel better now..

Having high BP is one of my worries since both side of my parents all have BP problems, and cancer too. Stroke are common in the family..but i dont know if they had any arrhythmia problems that leading to their stroke.
Touch wood i did not get any racing episode since the last one....fuh! hated it & hopefully it wont came back. maybe its some bad days & too stressed out of nothing.
I am 58 years old. The medication is working hard, my BP is now at 120/83. One pill a day. Finger crossed.
funniman
post Sep 12 2017, 08:38 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

Last Friday, I went for a medical checkup on my own. Happy to say the lipid profile is good with slightly high triglycerides. Kidneys and Liver are good. I was so worried that the high BP would affect them. There's one problem they found. I have this aortic knuckle calcination, which means my aorta has calcium deposits. If it is too big, it might block my bloodflow and affect the BP.

Yesterday went to see cardio. Dr happy to see the medicine worked and prescribed for another 3 months. Told me nothing to worry about that aorta calcination as it is a aging process and he did a echo on me before. And I can go hiking again...if my BP is well under control. So far so good. Very stressed out week.

TSspeedfamgirl
post Sep 13 2017, 07:09 AM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(funniman @ Sep 12 2017, 08:38 AM)
Last Friday, I went for a medical checkup on my own. Happy to say the lipid profile is good with slightly high triglycerides. Kidneys and Liver are good. I was so worried that the high BP would affect them. There's one problem they found. I have this aortic knuckle calcination, which means my aorta has calcium deposits. If it is too big, it might block my bloodflow and affect the BP.

Yesterday went to see cardio. Dr happy to see the medicine worked and prescribed for another 3 months. Told me nothing to worry about that aorta calcination as it is a aging process and he did a echo on me before. And I can go hiking again...if my BP is well under control. So far so good. Very stressed out week.
So glad to hear that all is ok with you.
Take good care of yourself & stay healthy smile.gif

More than 3 weeks passed and now im fine...no more annoying palpitations & racing beats. Feel much2 better if I managed to sleep up to 7 hrs everyday. I guess the gruelling keto diet induction has passed...hahaha laugh.gif
SUSNew Klang
post Sep 23 2017, 04:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ Sep 13 2017, 07:09 AM)
So glad to hear that all is ok with you.
Take good care of yourself & stay healthy  smile.gif

More than 3 weeks passed and now im fine...no more annoying palpitations & racing beats. Feel much2 better if I managed to sleep up to 7 hrs everyday. I guess the gruelling keto diet induction has passed...hahaha  laugh.gif
Is that because you have drastically changed your lifestyle and diet?

TSspeedfamgirl
post Sep 23 2017, 08:23 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(New Klang @ Sep 23 2017, 04:23 PM)
Is that because you have drastically changed your lifestyle and diet?
Not sure...maybe, because i started to get pronounced palpitations in my 4th week up until the grand finale of being hit by random 170+ bpm tachycardia on the 6th week.
After the episode between 6th & 7th week i still feel a bit sensitive, intermittent left chest tightness that makes me slightly uncomfortable. Everytime i intentionally take more sugar, carbs & coffee it may caused some long flipflop flutter vibrator feeling for hours. its hard to fall asleep with all the discomfort.

Im now in my 10th week of diet, no more food sensitivity but that doesn't mean that i can fall off the bandwagon of eating clean. I look at the symptoms as alarm from the body remind me not to eat junk food.
As nasty as the side effects in the past, i think its worth the pain. I lost approx 6-7 kg & looking more presentable, my resting HR now within 62-65. I felt real good & more agile!

I dont do much HIIT nowadays, i find it getting harder to even reach 150-160 bpm for peak zones....which for me is kinda boring.

YMMV

Kilohertz
post Jan 29 2018, 10:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

Been having discomfort on the left side of my chest since past few days.. it's not pain but a bit of a dull feeling.. not sure is it related to Heart..
SUSslimey
post Jan 29 2018, 08:07 PM

6,914 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Jan 29 2018, 10:17 AM)
Been having discomfort on the left side of my chest since past few days.. it's not pain but a bit of a dull feeling.. not sure is it related to Heart..
unlikely
funniman
post Jan 30 2018, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Jan 29 2018, 10:17 AM)
Many times it is muscle pull. Think back over the past few days, did you carry any heavy things like flower pots or big pails of water?
But do you feel short of breath or dizzy? Blood pressure ok? If you do, then better go to see a doctor.
Kekikan
post Jan 30 2018, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ Aug 24 2017, 08:57 PM)
I started to get these weird stuff since a few weeks back.
And today even more weird episode happened!
My heart rate shoot up to 171 from 120+ after shower...remained there for 2 minutes.
It was captured by my fitbit band  blink.gif
I started to get shaky & cough reflect, then the rate drops to 92 within 2 seconds.

This is very new indeed...i know how hard to reach 170+ pulse rate during exercising, but a simple shower throws me into anaerobic zone...wow.
The after effect on this one makes my left eye blurry, slight numb in joints, frequent urge to go to the toilet & of course the thumping feeling.
Were you showering in hot water?
rinsedpie
post Jan 30 2018, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

i am referring to the health supplement reply a few replies above; i really cant understand why people in malaysia are so serious into supplements. people in the west mainly just keep to balanced diet and believe me that is good enough.
TSspeedfamgirl
post Jan 30 2018, 07:49 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(Kekikan @ Jan 30 2018, 04:30 PM)
Were you showering in hot water?
umm not that hot....lol
expect an elevated pulse rate but not that fast...besides the episode starts 20 mins after shower, im already cool down dressed up ready to go to work.

oh well the dark days... im glad that its only a one time incident.

oh yeah, if you got some kind of discomfort like trapped wind...maybe it's GERD or just badan masuk angin. go have a massage...at least it works for me tongue.gif
TSspeedfamgirl
post Feb 9 2018, 08:52 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(Frode @ Feb 4 2018, 07:29 PM)
Discomfort in the chest may be the result of someone running quite a long distance, which he hadn't run before, or if he did something that shocked his body.
Maybe. When i wrote this post i was quite overweight & just started on HIIT with crash low carb diet...

Fast forward 7 months later i lose so much weight, and unfortunately basically stopped exercising tongue.gif
I dont have that much energy to do high intensity exercise due to just enough caloric intake daily. My kind of exercise nowadays was walking around doing chores or intense MOBA gaming (this one can make my heart races to 150+ bpm...hahaha)

Still have random tachy episodes during sleep with sudden spikes but not that high around 130+ bpm. only happens during ovulation cycle...which can be normal.
Otherwise caused by too much sugar stuff / too salty food or decongestant meds such as Clarinese (it has the amphetamines..no wonder).
Mr.Docter
post Feb 13 2018, 10:37 AM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

ECG
TFT
Stress test
Holter outpatient if still indicated

geno
post Feb 13 2018, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Probably just panic attacks from a change of lifestyle. Your body needs about 3 weeks to adapt to any new diet or workout regime.. With exercise its important to listen to ones body.

I have a friend who had just lost alot of weight through cycling and was too obsessed with it. Riding even when hes having some random flu/cough. And guess what.. He was diagnosed with severe arrhythmia and had to have a pacemaker implant. Apparently some flu/cold virus had attacked his heart becoz of high intensity exercise while he was sick. Now he cant do any form of strenuous exercise..

If you are restricting on carbs, try to do more lower intensity aerobic workouts. Very low carb diet and HIIT cant be mixed. High intensity burns glycogen/sugar, if you are not fueling enough with carbs there wont be enough fuel. Your body will go into a stressful mode due to elevated stress hormones cortisol. Fuel your workout properly and restrict your diet when you are more sedentary.

Bathing with cold water is also proven to boost the immune system. Read up on Wim Hof and his breathing method.

This post has been edited by geno: Feb 13 2018, 03:44 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.20    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 AM