Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iHerb Pharmacy Deparment clearance, Pharmacy Department

views

Moji1362
post Mar 23 2021, 02:33 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(IceBikers @ Mar 22 2021, 03:32 PM)
y not
Thank you for your reply, how about seeds like the below item:

>> https://my.iherb.com/pr/Go-Raw-Organic-Spro...-oz-397-g/33191

Is this prohibited too?

Hobbez
post Mar 29 2021, 08:06 PM

Casual
365 posts

iHerb has confirmed they are blocked in Malaysia, at least from Unifi/TM

I wonder why nobody here even notices this? I think they were blocked since like weeks or maybe 1-2 months ago.

Malaysians.....oh Malaysians..... doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by Hobbez: Mar 29 2021, 08:07 PM
G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 02:18 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 29 2021, 08:06 PM)
iHerb has confirmed they are blocked in Malaysia, at least from Unifi/TM

I wonder why nobody here even notices this? I think they were blocked since like weeks or maybe 1-2 months ago.

Malaysians.....oh Malaysians.....  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
Some pharma crony pulling their weight again, I suspect.

I had no idea the site was blocked. Been using alternative DNS and VPNs for years.
Hobbez
post Mar 30 2021, 02:52 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 02:18 AM)
Some pharma crony pulling their weight again, I suspect.

I had no idea the site was blocked. Been using alternative DNS and VPNs for years.
Why don't you try going there and see if you can go or not. I tried with Celcom line on my mobile phone, (different device/different connection) and they also will not allow the redirect to https://my.iherb.com

Only can go to the US website. https://iherb.com

The MY version seems blocked. And you will find it hard or maybe impossible to buy anything because you have to change your region to Malaysia, which will trigger the redirect again, and again will be blocked.

This post has been edited by Hobbez: Mar 30 2021, 02:55 AM
G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 03:16 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 30 2021, 02:52 AM)
Why don't you try going there and see if you can go or not. I tried with Celcom line on my mobile phone, and they also will not allow the redirect to https://my.iherb.com

Only can go to the US website. https://iherb.com

The MY version seems blocked. And you will find it hard or maybe impossible to buy anything because you have to change your region to Malaysia, which will trigger the redirect again, and again will be blocked.
I bought my usual supplements from them recently (delivery arrived last week). Also just tried on phone (iOS, Safari) on Celcom 4G. If VPN is turned off, my.iherb.com does not load. But you can just use the Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 mobile app. Use the DNS function (no need to pay). If you turn that on, you should be able to access the MY iHerb site. I just tried and the site loads properly, I can log in, reorder my past order, selected shipping, and reached the CC input page. Didn'y complete the order of course, but I see no issues.

I usually order on laptop though, connected to home wifi (Unifi), VPN turned off (if not iHerb will email me saying someone accessed my account from whichever country my VPN exit node is based in) but my router is set to use Cloudflare DNS.

Also, iHerb has an app (on iOS, not sure about Android), so maybe you can try that.

Hope this helps.

P.S - I wonder if there's some online list we can check to see all the websites MCMC/ISP/Telco have blocked?

This post has been edited by G-17: Mar 30 2021, 03:22 AM
Hobbez
post Mar 30 2021, 03:22 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 03:16 AM)
I bought my usual supplements from them recently (delivery arrived last week). Also just tried on phone (iOS, Safari) on Celcom 4G. If VPN is turned off, my.iherb.com does not load. But you can just use Cloudflare 1.1.1.1. Just use the DNS function (no need to pay). If you turn that on, you should be able to access the MY iHerb site. I just tried, can log in, reorder my past order, selected shipping, and reached the CC input page. No issue.

I usually order on laptop though, connected to home wifi (Unifi), VPN turned off but my router is set to use Cloudflare DNS.

Also, iHerb has an app (on iOS, not sure about Android), so maybe you can try that.

Hope this helps.

PS.S - I wonder if there's some online list we can check to see all the websites MCMC/ISP/Telco have blocked?
I don't know anything about this Cloudflare DNS. Can you explain more?

Anyway, it is looking like really this tyrannical gomen is blocking.

And you can wonder why they would block. But for me, I can guess why..... dry.gif

mad.gif ranting.gif

This post has been edited by Hobbez: Mar 30 2021, 03:23 AM
G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 03:30 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 30 2021, 03:22 AM)
I don't know anything about this Cloudflare DNS. Can you explain more?

Anyway, it is looking like really this tyrannical gomen is blocking.

And you can wonder why they would block. But for me, I can guess why..... dry.gif

mad.gif  ranting.gif
I already linked (in red) the app in my previous post. Just follow link, install for your platform (either from App Store or Google Play, depending on your phone type), launch the app and follow instructions. it's quite easy. After it's working, just re-launch your browser and try the my.iherb.com

iHerb used to be blocked during the Najib-era too, fyi. That KKM excuse is just bullshit, The real reason is either; 1. someone close to current government is a crony of Malaysian pharma companies and doesn't like the rakyat saving money, or 2. some idiot in MCMC saw the word "herb" and thought the site was selling marijuana and decided to block it. My bet is on reason 1.

This post has been edited by G-17: Mar 30 2021, 03:31 AM
Hobbez
post Mar 30 2021, 03:45 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 03:30 AM)
I already linked (in red) the app in my previous post. Just follow link, install for your platform (either from App Store or Google Play, depending on your phone type), launch the app and follow instructions. it's quite easy. After it's working, just re-launch your browser and try the my.iherb.com

iHerb used to be blocked during the Najib-era too, fyi. That KKM excuse is just bullshit, The real reason is either;  1. someone close to current government is a crony of Malaysian pharma companies and doesn't like the rakyat saving money, or 2. some idiot in MCMC saw the word "herb" and thought the site was selling marijuana and decided to block it. My bet is on reason 1.
I don't order things from my phone, only from my desktop.

So I tried to set my DNS using Cloudflare DNS which is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 but again failed to get to the MY iHerb.

How come you say you can go and order from your laptop and summore using the Wifi from your Unifi?

As a sidenote, how come I am the first person to notice this block? Nobody orders from iHerb?

They are the cheapest BY FAR for any health supplements.

Really SMH at Malaysians.....

This post has been edited by Hobbez: Mar 30 2021, 03:47 AM
G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 03:55 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 30 2021, 03:45 AM)
I don't order things from my phone, only from my desktop.

So I tried to set my DNS using Cloudflare DNS which is 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 but again failed to get to the MY iHerb.

How come you say you can go and order from your laptop and summore using the Wifi from your Unifi?

As a sidenote, how come I am the first person to notice this block? Nobody orders from iHerb?

They are the cheapest BY FAR for any health supplements.

Really SMH at Malaysians.....
Oh, you said Celcom so I thought you were using the phone. I don't know what OS you're using on your laptop, or whether you want to set it for your laptop only or your whole house via the router. Best to search/ask in the Networks and Broadband section of the forums. Also, it's a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies, since sometimes the browser retains the old iHerb cookies for the global site. Lastly if you're changing the DNS addresses manually on your router, make sure you're input both the ipv4 and ipv6 addresses. The Cloudflare link I shared also has apps for Windows and macOS, which is probably the easiest route for most people.

I can order from Unifi because my home router is set to override TM's DNS settings with my personal choice. I use a special DNS assigned by my VPN provider as primary, and Cloudflare's DNS as secondary. Not sure what router you're using, but I believe recent TM-issued routers don't allow users to disable remote management and override DNS, so you'll have to do it in your lapop's OS settings if that's the case (or buy a better router)

Yes, you might be the first person to notice this new block, but I believe a lot of Malaysians order from iHerb. They just use alternative DNS since the old days (Najib-era), I think, that's why they don't notice. Like I stated earlier, I've been ordering from iHerb for a few years already and never noticed it was blocked because I always use a VPN or alternative DNS.

This post has been edited by G-17: Mar 30 2021, 04:03 AM
Hobbez
post Mar 30 2021, 04:03 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 03:55 AM)
Oh, you said Celcom so I thought you were using the phone. I don't know what OS you're using on your laptop, or whether you want to set it for your laptop only or your whole house via the router. Best to search/ask in the Networks and Broadband section of the forums. Also, it's a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies, since sometimes the browser retains the old iHerb cookies for the global site. Lastly when changing the DNS addreses, make sure you're input both the ipv4 and ipv6 addresses.

I can order from Unifi because my home router is set to override TM dns with my personal choice. I use a special DNS assigned by my VPN provider as primary, and Cloudflare's DNS as secondary.

Yes, you might be the first person to notice this new block, but I believe a lot of Malaysians order from iHerb. They just use alternative DNS since the old days (Najib-era), I think, that's why they don't notice.
Ah I see, so you are using a VPN after all. I had the impression that simply changing the DNS in my router to the Cloudflare one is enough to bypass this block.

But looks like in the end have to use a VPN still (which I don't like the idea of).

What VPN you use? I assume you have been using it for years now? So it should be safer lar.... blush.gif
G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 04:09 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 30 2021, 04:03 AM)
Ah I see, so you are using a VPN after all. I had the impression that simply changing the DNS in my router to the Cloudflare one is enough to bypass this block.

But looks like in the end have to use a VPN still (which I don't like the idea of).

What VPN you use? I assume you have been using it for years now? So it should be safer lar.... blush.gif
No, no, simply changing dns works. I'm sure, because I tried it just now. Disabled my VPN and used Cloudflare's DNS settings only. You don't need a VPN for this. I use a VPN full-time for many reasons, but it's not necessary to simply get past MCMC block currently. If you're inexperienced, don't mess with your router. Just change the settings in Windows or macOS (or easier, install the app) and make sure to clear your browser cookies and cache before trying to access my.iherb again. I should work. Check the Networks & Broadband section of this forum. You should be able to get help there.

Also, I edited my previous post, so you might want to re-read again.

Edit:
Try reading here; https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/setting-up-1.1.1.1

This post has been edited by G-17: Mar 30 2021, 04:13 AM
Hobbez
post Mar 30 2021, 11:44 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 04:09 AM)
No, no, simply changing dns works. I'm sure, because I tried it just now. Disabled my VPN and used Cloudflare's DNS settings only. You don't need a VPN for this. I use a VPN full-time for many reasons, but it's not necessary to simply get past MCMC block currently. If you're inexperienced, don't mess with your router. Just change the settings in Windows or macOS (or easier, install the app) and make sure to clear your browser cookies and cache before trying to access my.iherb again. I should work. Check the Networks & Broadband section of this forum. You should be able to get help there.

Also, I edited my previous post, so you might want to re-read again.

Edit:
Try reading here; https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/setting-up-1.1.1.1
Why do you always say "install the app", as I am not using my mobile phone at all and don't intend to order thru it.

I did try just using the Cloudflare DNS but couldn't. I haven't tried with other laptop yet but....this is getting tiring. Will test later but not having high hopes.

I think it's odd you are the only one in this forum who seems to be buying from iHerb (besides me).

G-17
post Mar 30 2021, 03:27 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 30 2021, 11:44 AM)
Why do you always say "install the app", as I am not using my mobile phone at all and don't intend to order thru it.
You know, the word "app" (short for application) is universal and has existed long before smartphones were invented, right?

If you went to https://1.1.1.1/ like I asked you to earlier, you would have seen the clickable buttons (and install instructions below them) for macOS and Windows applications as well.

Edit:
If you are using Firefox as your browser on laptop, there's another easier method. In Preferences (hamburger button), under the General section, scroll down to Network Settings and click the Settings button, and in the window that appears scroll down and tick the "Enable DNS over HTTPS" option and then select Cloudflare as the provider and click OK.

This post has been edited by G-17: Mar 30 2021, 03:29 PM
Hobbez
post Mar 31 2021, 01:40 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Mar 30 2021, 03:27 PM)
You know, the word "app" (short for application) is universal and has existed long before smartphones were invented, right?

If you went to https://1.1.1.1/ like I asked you to earlier, you would have seen the clickable buttons (and install instructions below them) for macOS and Windows applications as well.

Edit:
If you are using Firefox as your browser on laptop, there's another easier method. In Preferences (hamburger button), under the General section, scroll down to Network Settings and click the Settings button, and in the window that appears scroll down and tick the "Enable DNS over HTTPS" option and then select Cloudflare as the provider and click OK.
Thanks for the guidance in resolving this.

But I'm still pissed that TM and Celcom and even U-Mobile would appear to be blocking iHerb MY (in secret). Based on replies from some people at the Networks subforum....

G-17
post Mar 31 2021, 02:12 AM

Securely Paranoid
1,748 posts

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Mar 31 2021, 01:40 AM)
Thanks for the guidance in resolving this.

But I'm still pissed that TM and Celcom and even U-Mobile would appear to be blocking iHerb MY (in secret). Based on replies from some people at the Networks subforum....
Well, that's what we get for living in a third-world country. If possible, you should never use TM-issued router or let TM staff use your computer (even if they claim to "help" you set up). Frankly, I didn't even know iHerb was blocked until I saw your post because I've been using a VPN for many years, and even before that I was using alternative DNS providers. After searching, it seems iHerb was also blocked in the past, around 2017 to early 2019. Then it was unblocked. Now blocked again.

As for Celcom and U-Mobile, you can always install the CloudFlare app (or also the NextDNS app) to use encrypted DNS on your smartphone if you want to order from iHerb on your phone one day.

Tip: Maybe you already know this, but just in case you don't; Always use SkyNet as your delivery provider. DHL packages will almost always get inspected (because customs knows DHL customers pay more, so they'll suspect luxury goods), and then after that you'll get all sorts of headache due to the bottles not having the stupid KKM approval sticker. Also, try not to make single big orders. If you want to order a lot of products, try to split them up. Add just enough to each cart until you qualify for free SkyNet delivery, and then when that order has shipped, you confirm the next one. Better for your orders to come in multiple small boxes compared to one big box which customs may open up.

My last order from iHerb was March 12 and delivered on March 22 according to my iHerb Account order history page. I don't know if March 12 was before or after this new block by TM.

Keep us updated on your latest order. Let us know if there were any problems.

Best of luck.

hihihehe
post Apr 8 2021, 02:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,451 posts

i wonder if those reviews in iherbs are genuine?
there are some supplements that i want to try but never heard of and seeing those reviews is like from bot
Moji1362
post Apr 29 2021, 03:05 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(hihihehe @ Apr 8 2021, 02:20 PM)
i wonder if those reviews in iherbs are genuine?
there are some supplements that i want to try but never heard of and seeing those reviews is like from bot
I see no reason that they are bots. The iherbs does not allow you to write a review without buying that item before. However, you can also check the same product in Amazon to compare the reviews there for peace of mind shopping smile.gif
tenable
post Apr 29 2021, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

Just received my parcel from iherb without any issue. As what one of the people in here said before.. Purchase under rm200 tend to be safe.. Yes my items below rm200..if u plan to purchase a lot do in stages perhaps... I found their price is quite competitive even reasonable compared to local products including shipping fees... Might be reason for its website blockage in Malaysia.. Lol
gbsters
post May 8 2021, 12:37 PM

31 posts

Hi all,

Just received my order from iHerb. Ordered on 1st May.

Orders:
1x Now Foods Fine Bark Extract
1x Now Foods Saw Palmetto Extract
1x CGN, Omega 3
1x CGN, vitamin C

Totals: RM256. 31
Via SkyNet.

😁
jutamind
post May 13 2021, 03:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,203 posts

What's the recommended high dosage fish oil that you buy from iHerb preferably in triglyceride form?

This post has been edited by jutamind: May 13 2021, 03:19 PM

11 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:47 PM