Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 >Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Christian Fellowship V13 (Group), ALL about Jesus Christ.

NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:47 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 11:42 AM)
Talking about Bad and Good.........

Jesus said something profound...why do you call me good And He threw the Law to the young Rich ruler. ( Luke 18:19/Mark 10:18)

Read the whole passage of Luke 18 or Mark 10 to understand this revelation.

See if people can attain/lose Salvation because they can obey, they don't need a Saviour.

From what you've been taught, do you know why and what is the purpose of The Laws of God?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me it's not the matter of good or bad people. the reason why people's life are not changed is because we are not preaching the gospel.
When we preach...you must obey God or Christ.(not arguing on that fact) you are preaching the Law.
Are Law of Gods referring to the law that was introduced by Moses?

Frankly speaking, I think it's to guide humans to be a good being. However, there are certain law that I feel weird.
unknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 11:50 AM

12 Years Member /k/ ELDER
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 8 2017, 11:47 AM)
Are Law of Gods referring to the law that was introduced by Moses?

Frankly speaking, I think it's to guide humans to be a good being. However, there are certain law that I feel weird.
Well Jesus referred to the Old Testament commandments in those 2 verses.

Those weird laws are what we call ceremonial laws as well as the Levitical laws.

They are meant for the Israelites.
NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 11:50 AM)
Well Jesus referred to the Old Testament commandments in those 2 verses.

Those weird laws are what we call ceremonial laws as well as the Levitical laws.

They are meant for the Israelites.
Just wanna make clear on something.

God only gave 10 commandments for everyone to follow, is it?

Was God responsible for those weird rules?

What does 'Remember the sabbath day' mean? Does it mean that we aren't supposed to work on Saturday?

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Nov 8 2017, 11:55 AM
unknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 12:05 PM

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 8 2017, 11:55 AM)
Just wanna make clear on something.

God only gave 10 commandments for everyone to follow, is it?

Was God responsible for those weird rules?

What does 'Remember the sabbath day' mean? Does it mean that we aren't supposed to work on Saturday?
1 Corinthians 15:56 (NIV) - The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

God gave the 10 commandment....to provoke sin...in lay term..to show up our sins.

meaning to say, the more you try to adhere, the more you will fail.

This may be something you've never thought of but that is what 1 Corinthians 15:56 is saying.

Sabbath Day if you want to follow the technicality of it...is just to rest in God on that particular day. To be mindful of Him, enjoy God on that day along with your family. BY all means go out and have a rest.

Try not to handle weighty matters on that day, any problems or argument, take it on the next day.

IF you want to follow this technically. biggrin.gif
Sophiera
post Nov 8 2017, 07:11 PM

Sophtopus

Without Jesus, everyone is 'bad' by God's standards. Doesn't matter you good christian or good non-christian or bad christian or bad non-christian.

The easiest example would be something like this.

"I don't kill people so I'm a good person"

Then the next question God asks is "Ok but do you resent others? Unjust anger is the root of murder."

And if the convo goes on "No I don't resent others."

"Fine then. Do you lust over others?"

"No, I don't lust or rape."

"Then, do you use people for your own benefit?"

Let's be realistic. There's no way a human can fulfil both external and internal conduct. That's why if you break one law, you break all.
unknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 07:37 PM

When God gave the law, 3000 people died.

This is to testify the revelation of the New Testament.

Particularly 1 Corinthians 15:56.

The 10 commandment is a ministry of death as opposed to life.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 8 2017, 07:39 PM
Hoka Nobasho
post Nov 8 2017, 08:14 PM

Casual

Even as an atheist, I find this video and song beautiful and hopeful in its own merits (seeing that Christmas is coming and all), especially when it's sang by different languages:

Look at the man at 1:28 as he sighs in relief, truly a beautiful and poetic sight as he now realises his burden has been lifted. To an atheist like me, even with the lack of belief in a god, this is a very hopeful message to take in, and it reminds me of the following poetic and beautiful piece:

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30)

This post has been edited by Hoka Nobasho: Nov 8 2017, 08:25 PM
Sophiera
post Nov 10 2017, 03:55 AM

Sophtopus

Ok this question is Christians only. If someone jump in to kacau with a personal crusade, I will press the report button.

How do you handle disappointment where the promises of God didn't happen in your life? People raising from the dead? Awesome! I believe that is happening. People healing completely? Awesome, I believe that too!

But uh, they didn't happen in my personal reality.

If tell other people only hear from third party, they might go 'how you know this is not fake?'. Um. If question until like that macam mana answer?

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Nov 10 2017, 03:55 AM
Sophiera
post Nov 10 2017, 04:50 AM

Sophtopus

Oh by the way for those who're still wondering about the translations of the Bible...

https://youtu.be/QmqREFEmxbI?t=1h50m10s

Here is Nabeel explaining the history of it. First time I heard the story behind this. 16 ways to say the same sentence in Greek.
unknown warrior
post Nov 10 2017, 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 10 2017, 03:55 AM)
Ok this question is Christians only. If someone jump in to kacau with a personal crusade, I will press the report button.

How do you handle disappointment where the promises of God didn't happen in your life? People raising from the dead? Awesome! I believe that is happening. People healing completely? Awesome, I believe that too!

But uh, they didn't happen in my personal reality.

If tell other people only hear from third party, they might go 'how you know this is not fake?'. Um. If question until like that macam mana answer?
Let's establish the fact that you're able to come to Christ, have no animosity towards Christ and that you still hold on despite many people trying to influence you to disbelieve is already a miracle by itself, bearing in mind there are many people unable to and would have fallen easily because of the bondage and the hinderance of which the devil has his hold on their life. I don't say this just to motivate you but it's real. This by itself is a real miracle because the times are crazy and I've seen the work of the devil so evident.

Secondly stop being disappointed and change your mind (repent) that if there's anything, you as a child of God can experience God's miracle too.

Thirdly, stop trying to guestimate anything but to make it a point to spend time with God everyday, to practise his presence wherever you go. I promise you, the miracles will come and the breakthrough will come the moment you stop pursuing the miracles first but to pursue God first.

The problem with this predicament is that the emphasis focus is heavily relied based on what the giver can give as a sign of assurance when the giver does not want you to miss out knowing the person who gives it.

Understand the verse below..even wisdom, might and riches all comes from the Lord, if it was not given in the first place, the person would not have it.

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NIV)
23 Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches;
24 but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 10 2017, 08:49 AM
unknown warrior
post Nov 10 2017, 10:49 AM

Who you mix with

1 Corinthians 15:33 (NKJ) - Be not deceived: evil companions corrupt good morals.

Hello Friends.

It's important to know who you mix around with.

When you mix around with the wrong crowd, inevitably, you will get yourself into trouble.

The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:33, who you mix with, will influence your thinking.

If you want to keep your spiritual life intact, choose your friends carefully, mix with people of like minded Faith.
Because being around with people of like minded faith will cause faith to be contagious in your life.

Even among Christians, when you mix with negative Christians, it will impact your spiritual life negatively, as different people grows differently.
This does not mean we have to shun with people who differs from our ideals. It just simply means choose who you mix frequently to be close with.

Therefore with that being said and The Bible also tells us, to be careful with what you allow to come into your ears and eyes. There is a reason why for verse

Philippians 4:8 (NIV) - Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

What you allow to come into your life can either cause a bright light or a dark shadow so to speak shine your life.

God Bless people.

unknown warrior
post Nov 10 2017, 01:42 PM

unknown warrior
post Nov 13 2017, 10:27 AM

What is a Prayer of Faith?

Mark 11:24 (NIV) - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Good Day Fellow Believers.

There are times when we pray, we seem to beg God, sometime with sadness or tears, with much desperation and the implication is that, it's as IF God has to be persuaded. Friends, that is not a prayer of Faith. We make God to seem as if He's folding his arms, looking at us, how much we can convince God.

A prayer of Faith comes when we understand revelation. The Bible says in Ephesians 1:3:.................... who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. The word blessing there in the greek is "eulogia" where the word eulogy comes from. Eulogia here means " adulation, praise, blessing, gift." It can be an invocation of blessings. Invocation means spoken words.

Before anyone say, it is just "spiritual" blessings to affect our holiness, character and conduct, let me be the first to say..to affect us is to affect us here in the physical realm. It is NOT affecting just in the spiritual realm somewhere. It touches where we are. God is a spirit being, when He spoke from His spirit being...in the beginning, it changes and affected the physical realm. When Christ demonstrated "spiritual blessings" on the ungodly, it affected the physical realm. When apostle Paul invoke spiritual prayers for healing, it affected the physical.

The blessings are not limited and neither stuck in the spiritual realm. So this notion that it is only affecting "spiritual" has very little merit when you look from the entire perspective of the Bible why, Christ came to set us free, to wash away our sins, gave us salvation, demonstrated his powers and then teaches us about prayers to advance his kingdom.

We need to repent of such notion. And of course there are teaching that tells you, Christ miracles are only meant for his credential and no more, if you are going to believe that, then make no blame, no critique neither any judgement when you cannot receive and see others receive.

Christ gave us very simple words to understand in Mark 11:24. If you cannot believe that, you will end up praying in trying to coax or persuade God when the implication there is the opposite. God does not have to be coaxed or persuaded. A prayer of Faith is one of thanks giving, believing God has already done it. That is a prayer of Faith.

I leave you with a scripture verse. Read Matthew 8:2-3 over and over again until it get into your spirit.

God Bless

Sophiera
post Nov 14 2017, 09:58 AM

Sophtopus

Thanks for your response, uw.

Today i was reading the verse of the day and

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Galatians 6:7‭-‬8 NIV

I don't understand what is the mocking in context of the Galatians. Someone teaching them something else?
unknown warrior
post Nov 14 2017, 10:39 AM

Who makes Jesus seem like God?

Luke 10:42 (NIV) - but few things are needed or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Luke 10:38-42 is the well known passage on 2 sisters, Martha and Mary. It's also typically a scenario that depicts how some Christians unfortunately persecute other Christians for not loving or doing enough for God.

The Lord has given this passage for a revelation.... for us Christians to learn to humble ourselves and not judge others for this matter. It would seem that what Martha did was correct and right by tradition. In that day and age, the women are suppose to get ready all the preparations for invited guests. And it would seem what Mary did seems wrong and lazy for a woman and especially in the middle eastern culture to just sit there and do nothing. Mind you this was not a story book concept but it really happened and I feel Christians don't seem to take this narration serious enough to apply in reality and in practical.

No my friends, what Mary did, is something by which our Lord Jesus said, would NOT be taken away from her. Martha blame 2 person at 1 go by saying; "“Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”.

Doesn't that sound familiar in the Christian setting? One person depicts he/she needs to give to God, it resonate and sounded.. blaming others...of not loving God enough or not doing worthily enough. One person depicts he/she resting before his/her God, RECEIVING from the Lord and this position of grace is being persecuted by Christians who believe God is one who puts demand on others and they in turn put demands on other Christians.

Who makes Jesus seem like God, Martha or Mary?

Didn't Martha know the one she's trying to serve could multiple 2 loaves and 5 fives and feed more than 5000 people. What did Martha saw? Christ as someone who is tired, who needed her and I ask What does Christians who are like Martha feel he/she could give to the Lord?

Mary knew and saw through the veil of Christ hidden identity and sat to receive from the Lord. She depicts as Christians who knew they have nothing and needed the Lord more than she can give.

Again I ask; Who makes Jesus seem like God, Martha or Mary? One who felt God needed her or the one who saw the inexhaustible supply and needed God?

I leave this devotion for your spiritual digestion.

God Bless.

unknown warrior
post Nov 14 2017, 11:10 AM

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 14 2017, 09:58 AM)
Thanks for your response, uw.

Today i was reading the verse of the day and

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
Galatians 6:7‭-‬8 NIV
I don't understand what is the mocking in context of the Galatians. Someone teaching them something else?
The fault of the Galatians was that they wanted to go back to external observation of the Law, like observing certain special days and months and seasons and years. Observing rituals...aka religion as the ways of attaining/forfeiting Salvation, they were rebuke by apostle Paul (also citing there are no other gospel) and what Peter did was a similar problem (read Galatians 2). Peter was rebuked by Paul in the same sense of where the Galatians have missed it. It will be good for you to read, so that you understand where I'm coming from. Maybe take this as your devotion reading.

Mocking here means that One cannot ridicule God and God is not fooled even by contempt. If the person invest to the nature of the flesh such as: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like, the person will reap destruction. And the definition for destruction in the Greek is quite a mouthful; corruption, destruction, decay, rottenness, decomposition.

It goes without saying, as Christians we should seek the Life of God's Kingdom, which primarily is about loving others as we love ourselves as we love God. We would be mocking God to do otherwise; thinking everything is alright. This is the implied sense that we seek to please the flesh as the way of our living. And that is different as opposed to Christians who has the desire and wants to live right but may fail here and there. Big difference.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 14 2017, 12:58 PM
unknown warrior
post Nov 16 2017, 01:14 PM

God Defined Repentance

Hello dear Christians,

Everybody knows how we define repentance, that is to turn from doing wrong (sinning) and start doing right. And we quote matters like turning away from, idolatry, rage of anger, lust, etc.
But do you know how God define repentance?

God gave a very simple illustration in the parable of the lost sheep in Luke 15 and at the end of it, in verse 7 our Lord Jesus said;
"7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."

So obviously this verse is talking about repentance but wait a minute. If you read from verse 1 to 6, you find nothing that is said on how the way "we" define repentance.
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

And yet the revelation of repentance is there? Would you like to know how Jesus sees repentance? If you have spiritual eyes to see this;

The lost sheep must consent to be:

1. Found
2. Carried by God

That's it. I don't see anywhere in this verse that talks about suffering, carrying our own cross, give up all we have, etc. And Yet this is repentance. If anything the one who does all the work here is God.

God is the one
1. Search the sheep
2. Carry the sheep
3. brings sheep home
4. Call his friends and neighbours to celebrate.

And the one who is Joyful is God.

No where do you see the focus of repentance is born on the sinner.

Dear people of God, if you still do not understand, the covenant that God cuts with his people, is a covenant of Grace and that is the Gospel. The new covenant repentance is about being connected to God as the true vine for Heaven's Life. In of yourself, there is no power to change. For far too long the devil has used the pulpit to twist the focus on ourselves, the focus message is always about us needing to repent instead of us focusing on God for the divine life. And sadly some denomination still hang on that notion. No wonder in some part of the body of Christ, some church is not growing in number and in spirit, only more finger pointing and judgmental persecution of other christians.

God Bless.

NicoRobinz
post Nov 16 2017, 03:10 PM

Casual

Hi Unknown Warrior,

Is Saturday Sabbath day or Sunday?

I heard from a pastor that Christians no longer follow those law in old testament except ten commandments from God.

Since the fourth commandment is 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy', does that mean people cannot work on that day or else, it's a grave sin?
unknown warrior
post Nov 16 2017, 07:11 PM

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 16 2017, 03:10 PM)
Hi Unknown Warrior,

Is Saturday Sabbath day or Sunday?

I heard from a pastor that Christians no longer follow those law in old testament except ten commandments from God.

Since the fourth commandment is 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy', does that mean people cannot work on that day or else, it's a grave sin?
Hi Nico,

I need to start by asking;

Why should Christians follow what God calls the Old Testament law as a ministry of death? (2 Corinthians 3:7)

Have you not read Romans 14:5-10

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Verse 5-10 is in the context, being a Christian is not about following rules and regulations; It is no longer about following the OT Law, it is about looking to Christ as his/her Savior & God by faith as justification. Read the rest of the chapter until you come to verse 22. That is key. Key importance of what God wants you to apply in practice.

No such thing that to follow/disobey observing Sabbath = grave sin. God has nullified the Old Covenant (for the believer) and has cut a new One, a New covenant based on his GRACE. <----everything depends on this. Read Hebrews 8:13.

The Old Testament law still stands against unbeliever...though...but that is another matter.

Note what I've said in the bracket...For the believer and unbeliever.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 16 2017, 08:25 PM
NicoRobinz
post Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Casual

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 16 2017, 07:11 PM)
Hi Nico,

I need to start by asking;

Why should Christians follow what God calls the Old Testament law as a ministry of death? (2 Corinthians 3:7)

Have you not read Romans 14:5-10

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
Verse 5-10 is in the context, being a Christian is not about following rules and regulations; It is no longer about following the OT Law, it is about looking to Christ as his/her Savior & God by faith as justification. Read the rest of the chapter until you come to verse 22. That is key. Key importance of what God wants you to apply in practice.

No such thing that to follow/disobey observing Sabbath = grave sin.  God has nullified the Old Covenant (for the believer) and has cut a new One, a New covenant based on his GRACE. <----everything depends on this. Read Hebrews 8:13.

The Old Testament law still stands against unbeliever...though...but that is another matter.

Note what I've said in the bracket...For the believer and unbeliever.
Hi Unknown Warrior,

Speaking of Bible, is there a version closest to the original script?

I'm now reading NIV, but some of them say the words used are for beginners and therefore, may not be accurate to true meaning to the original scripts which is in Hebrew.

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Yesterday, 06:48 AM

43 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0739sec    3.91    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 09:00 AM