Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

102 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Bottom
Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Christian Fellowship V13 (Group), ALL about Jesus Christ.

zanness
post Nov 17 2017, 07:57 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 17 2017, 06:47 AM)
Hi Unknown Warrior,

Speaking of Bible, is there a version closest to the original script?

I'm now reading NIV, but some of them say the words used are for beginners and therefore, may not be accurate to true meaning to the original scripts which is in Hebrew.
That would be the King James Version Bible; the closest english translation to the original scripts
In fact, the NIV and other simplified versions of the Bible has hid away various other messages that can be told in a verse..
NicoRobinz
post Nov 17 2017, 08:19 AM

Casual

QUOTE(zanness @ Nov 17 2017, 07:57 AM)
That would be the King James Version Bible; the closest english translation to the original scripts
In fact, the NIV and other simplified versions of the Bible has hid away various other messages that can be told in a verse..
Zannes,

Do Catholics use their own version of Bible? There are verses quoted from Catholics cannot be found in my Bible.
unknown warrior
post Nov 17 2017, 08:33 AM

13 Years Member /k/ ELDER
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 17 2017, 06:47 AM)
Hi Unknown Warrior,

Speaking of Bible, is there a version closest to the original script?

I'm now reading NIV, but some of them say the words used are for beginners and therefore, may not be accurate to true meaning to the original scripts which is in Hebrew.
As far as I know, there isn't any because each translation has it's pro and con.

NIV has it's fault, so does King James.

But why I stick to NIV, because as what you said, it's good for beginners.

But I use bible.cc a lot because as you already know, there's Greek and Hebrew translation built into it, along with word explanation and exposition.
unknown warrior
post Nov 17 2017, 08:57 AM

NicoRobinz

There is another site which I can recommend

https://www.biblegateway.com/

If you drop down the translation button, you can see way more translation than bible.cc provides.

You can try NIVUK, that is what i heard from others...could be the best closest translation..but that is what people tells me.
NicoRobinz
post Nov 17 2017, 09:00 AM

Casual

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 17 2017, 08:57 AM)
NicoRobinz
There is another site which I can recommend

https://www.biblegateway.com/
If you drop down the translation button, you can see way more translation than bible.cc provides.

You can try NIVUK, that is what i heard from others...could be the best closest translation..but that is what people tells me.
Thank you.

I'll check out at stores for NIVUK as well as King James version.

BTW, I use this website when I go to church. I only limit my Bible to be used at home.
http://biblehub.com/
unknown warrior
post Nov 17 2017, 09:02 AM

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 17 2017, 09:00 AM)
Thank you.

BTW, I use this website when I go to church. I only limit my Bible to be used at home.
If you can't get NIVUK, NKJV (New King James version) is not too bad either.
zanness
post Nov 17 2017, 10:17 AM

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 17 2017, 08:19 AM)
Zannes,

Do Catholics use their own version of Bible? There are verses quoted from Catholics cannot be found in my Bible.
Yes.
Catholics use their own versions of the Bible.
This is because of the fact that they do not believe the Bible is fully written and completed. Hence, whatever scrolls or scriptures they dig out or managed to discover can be added into it.
zanness
post Nov 17 2017, 10:22 AM

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 17 2017, 09:02 AM)
If you can't get NIVUK, NKJV (New King James version) is not too bad either.
No offense but new KJV is then again a simplified version from KJV..
try comparing verses to verses.. for daily bread reading.. KJV reveals a lot more..
However, for bible studying.. yes.. referring back to the original scripture is the main way, and also to consider the grammer of the original scripture and its application back to that era.
unknown warrior
post Nov 17 2017, 10:26 AM

QUOTE(zanness @ Nov 17 2017, 10:22 AM)
No offense but new KJV is then again a simplified version from KJV..
try comparing verses to verses.. for daily bread reading.. KJV reveals a lot more..
However, for bible studying.. yes.. referring back to the original scripture is the main way, and also to consider the grammer of the original scripture and its application back to that era.
I can show you one difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKUU4waDTI&t=1174s

In the video it will explain on the word Hell used in KJV is not that accurate while NKJV used a more accurate one.
zanness
post Nov 17 2017, 10:27 AM

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 17 2017, 09:00 AM)
Thank you.

Try out this app Olive Tree Bible App.
It's good for bible studying.
Reading the bible and for parallel verses, dictionaries to look-up on words and its definitions..
zanness
post Nov 17 2017, 10:30 AM

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 17 2017, 10:26 AM)
I can show you one difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKUU4waDTI&t=1174s
In the video it will explain on the word Hell used in KJV is not that accurate while NKJV used a more accurate one.
Great video but unfortunately i couldn't go through it at the moment.
I'll look into it in a while.
In the mean time, could you share the bible verses involved?
unknown warrior
post Nov 17 2017, 10:33 AM

QUOTE(zanness @ Nov 17 2017, 10:30 AM)
Great video but unfortunately i couldn't go through it at the moment.
I'll look into it in a while.
In the mean time, could you share the bible verses involved?
You can skip to 8.00 for background explanation.
the word mention is around is about at 9.50

it's only 2-3 minutes of explanation of the word Hell being mistranslated.
yeeck
post Nov 17 2017, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(zanness @ Nov 17 2017, 10:17 AM)
Yes.
Catholics use their own versions of the Bible.
This is because of the fact that they do not believe the Bible is fully written and completed. Hence, whatever scrolls or scriptures they dig out or managed to discover can be added into it.
This is not true. The deposit of faith which Jesus Christ entrusted to the Church is made up of two parts: Holy Scripture, and Holy Tradition, this latter being composed of the truths passed down by word of mouth, and not written down till after the death of Christ's Apostles and disciples, principally by the Fathers of the Church.
Divine Revelation was completed at the death of the last of the Apostles (i.e. St. John). Since that time no new revelation has been made for the instruction of the whole of mankind. Whenever the Church decides a point of faith, it does so according to Scripture or Tradition. It simply finds out what has been revealed from the beginning.
unknown warrior
post Nov 18 2017, 05:14 PM

How you guys holding up? Everything Good?
unknown warrior
post Nov 18 2017, 05:15 PM

QUOTE(Hoka Nobasho @ Nov 8 2017, 08:14 PM)
Even as an atheist, I find this video and song beautiful and hopeful in its own merits (seeing that Christmas is coming and all), especially when it's sang by different languages:

Look at the man at 1:28 as he sighs in relief, truly a beautiful and poetic sight as he now realises his burden has been lifted. To an atheist like me, even with the lack of belief in a god, this is a very hopeful message to take in, and it reminds me of the following poetic and beautiful piece:

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30)

Many atheists love Christian Songs...I've seen the youtube comments. For you, I guess you still like the sense of belonging.
Sophiera
post Nov 18 2017, 05:38 PM

Sophtopus

Lol bf's family and myself getting sick on a hectic vacation.
unknown warrior
post Nov 18 2017, 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 18 2017, 05:38 PM)
Lol bf's family and myself getting sick on a hectic vacation.
I'm part of the worship team, some of my colleagues down with sore throat, flu, etc.

sigh. n tomorrow we are singing. double sigh.

Almost got me also..... I prayed....thank God...still holding up.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 18 2017, 05:53 PM
unknown warrior
post Nov 18 2017, 05:52 PM

QUOTE(yeeck @ Nov 17 2017, 05:11 PM)
This is not true. The deposit of faith which Jesus Christ entrusted to the Church is made up of two parts: Holy Scripture, and Holy Tradition, this latter being composed of the truths passed down by word of mouth, and not written down till after the death of Christ's Apostles and disciples, principally by the Fathers of the Church.
Divine Revelation was completed at the death of the last of the Apostles (i.e. St. John). Since that time no new revelation has been made for the instruction of the whole of mankind. Whenever the Church decides a point of faith, it does so according to Scripture or Tradition. It simply finds out what has been revealed from the beginning.
Hi Bro Yeeck. wave.gif wave.gif
Sophiera
post Nov 19 2017, 08:43 PM

Sophtopus

Ffffff need some prayers because bf and his sister kena food poisoning kau kau. Bf kena fever 39 - 38 c. Sister have some blood in urine.

Please pray for healing
Hoka Nobasho
post Nov 20 2017, 01:17 PM

On my way

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 18 2017, 05:15 PM)
Many atheists love Christian Songs...I've seen the youtube comments.  For you, I guess you still like the sense of belonging.
Any human being would like a sense of belonging, regardless of their affiliations or the lackthereof. But it is undeniable when something is beautiful.

102 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Top
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1199sec    3.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 11:17 PM