Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
102 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Christian Fellowship V13 (Group), ALL about Jesus Christ.

views

Sophiera
post Nov 4 2017, 06:20 AM

Sophtopus
706 posts

https://relevantmagazine.com/article/5-thin...on-and-anxiety/

Stuff that Christians should know. Many stuff that are normal to others can intimidate people with psychological issues. It's a good read.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 4 2017, 08:12 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 4 2017, 02:30 AM)
hmm.gif Isn't that because of the betrayal?
From theological understanding, Judas hang himself out of self righteousness, He felt he needed to pay for his own sins by taking his own life.

If only he waited a little longer, Christ could have redeemed even him at the cross.

What God has punished on Christ, we have no right to punish ourselves, that would be dishonouring the great torture and sacrifice Christ went through.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 4 2017, 08:26 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 4 2017, 06:20 AM)
https://relevantmagazine.com/article/5-thin...on-and-anxiety/

Stuff that Christians should know. Many stuff that are normal to others can intimidate people with psychological issues. It's a good read.
Correct me if I'm wrong ........depression happens because the person felt unappreciated?

Because that was how I felt when I went through a bit of it.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 4 2017, 08:33 AM
g r a p e k e y
post Nov 4 2017, 10:32 PM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 2 2017, 08:38 AM)
The new covenant rest is not about physical resting from work but a rest of assurance in the salvation of God.

If you think I don't understand this, read whole chapter of hebrews 4.

Why it starts talking about "promises of God", that is No.1 then ends with a High Priest who empathize with our weaknesses, That's Point 2 and why it talks about good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience?

What has promises of God and High Priest and good news, that they cannot go in has to do with rest from work if the context were such?

Do you know? I'm asking because you seem to imply "Many don't understand". And before you answer, think carefully, because this requires theological understanding.
Thanks UW.

My church website for your ref https://tjc.org
Sophiera
post Nov 5 2017, 12:40 AM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 4 2017, 08:26 AM)
Correct me if I'm wrong ........depression happens because the person felt unappreciated?

Because that was how I felt when I went through a bit of it.
Clinical depression has a lot of factors, so there's no one-size-fits-all statement. Some people it's chemical-imbalance. Some people is lifestyle factors. Others come from poor coping skills to life stress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder

It's further complicated by 'co-morbidity'. Think of it as a 'compound illness'. Many mental disorders include depression as part of their symptoms. That's because it's all inter-related.

Cannot function in society > lack of freedom and/or finance> lack of friends > feel bad and/or suicidal > cannot function in society

People with mental disorders don't see the world in the same way as normal people. It's like showing colour to a blind person, or music to the deaf. It just doesn't connect. For really severe cases, layman attempts to help can cause more harm. We all know one busybody auntie/uncle who tries to make everything 'right'. For many patients, their methods only worsen the problem. That's why nowadays it's advised to seek professional help.

In the pre-modern era, psychological help tend to be in churches, temples, or tabibs. It's not accurate to say that people had less mental illness back then. They do. But because they didn't have the quality of doctors we have now, most of them died young. Like physical illnesses such as influenza, malaria, TB, ect was a big killer.

Edit: They still have a personal responsibility to get better, if they want. Just the road not easy at all.

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Nov 5 2017, 01:45 AM
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 5 2017, 12:09 PM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 4 2017, 10:32 PM)
Thanks UW.

My church website for your ref https://tjc.org
Based on what I've googled and your site

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Jesus_Church

I see, your church started from China during Pentecostal movement , you also believe Baptism has to be in natural living water, such as the river, sea, or spring. Okay. This is something new to me.

But that's alright. Every Church has difference of opinion all these secondary doctrine, your primary doctrine is the same as all the Church world wide.

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 5 2017, 12:40 AM)
Clinical depression has a lot of factors, so there's no one-size-fits-all statement. Some people it's chemical-imbalance. Some people is lifestyle factors. Others come from poor coping skills to life stress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder

It's further complicated by 'co-morbidity'. Think of it as a 'compound illness'. Many mental disorders include depression as part of their symptoms. That's because it's all inter-related.

Cannot function in society > lack of freedom and/or finance> lack of friends > feel bad and/or suicidal > cannot function in society

People with mental disorders don't see the world in the same way as normal people. It's like showing colour to a blind person, or music to the deaf. It just doesn't connect. For really severe cases, layman attempts to help can cause more harm. We all know one busybody auntie/uncle who tries to make everything 'right'. For many patients, their methods only worsen the problem. That's why nowadays it's advised to seek professional help.

In the pre-modern era, psychological help tend to be in churches, temples, or tabibs. It's not accurate to say that people had less mental illness back then. They do. But because they didn't have the quality of doctors we have now, most of them died young. Like physical illnesses such as influenza, malaria, TB, ect was a big killer.

Edit: They still have a personal responsibility to get better, if they want. Just the road not easy at all.
Thank you Sopie.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 5 2017, 10:04 PM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(mbqb11 @ Nov 5 2017, 08:33 PM)
"Bring me flesh and bring me wine
Bring me pine logs hither
Thou and I will see him dine
When we bear him thither."

TRA LA LA LA ! ! !    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY ! ! !   icon_idea.gif  rclxm9.gif

oooopss . . . blush.gif

lol, what in the world?
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 6 2017, 10:18 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

Being ready in REST

John 14:27 (NIV) - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Good Day fellow Christians,

When our Lord Jesus Christ tells us in Matthew 24:44 to be ready and be vigilant at all time, to be ready for his return, does not mean we need to be sad, to be downcast, or to cause ourselves to suffer unnecessarily all the time as a way to do penance. That was never the point of our Lord Jesus.

Back in the medieval age, Monks use to adhere to rituals of penance where they believe self-mortification is a way of repentance, where monks performed rituals designed to test their faith and endurance, and to show how humble they were before God.

These included fasting, manual labour, even sleeping on hard benches, without any blankets on. Martin Luther who lead the protestant revolution, used to sleeping or lying out in the snow, suffering in cold as a way to do penance. He later discovered the righteousness of Faith in the book of Romans that changed and revolutionized his theological understanding of the Christian Faith.

Being ready here simply means expecting the Lord's Return at all time, no where in the Bible does God commanded us to suffer while waiting. In fact it is the opposite.
Before I continue I just want to explain that, suffering or Martyrdom is a calling, not everyone gets. Just like not everyone is called by God to be pastors or evangelist. It's given to people whom God has chosen for his purpose and glory. And even those chosen for such calling are called to live a life of rest in God. You noticed that Jesus Christ whom we should keep our eyes on, was always cool, calm and collected even when persecuted by people who rejected Him.

Our God wants us to be at rest and to be restful all the time in the Lord. What does this mean? It means having a confident expectation of assurance in what God done in giving us Salvation.
So in there be at rest and breath easy and be in the peace of Christ at all time. When your foundation is assured, there are many wonderful things you can achieve, this is the much more expect of Salvation, some have yet to grasp hold of.

This Peace of Christ does not come as we wish, it only comes when you're constantly plug in, connected to God, believing in Him, in what He says.
Everyday, do you commune with the Lord? Because if you do, you will experience God's peace in your life and everytime you connect with God, you connect to his Grace and Love!

God Bless people.

Sophiera
post Nov 6 2017, 09:35 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Eh, unknown warrior have you watched this vid yet?

https://youtu.be/qwNfH_SOWKA?t=12m56s

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Nov 6 2017, 09:35 PM
Sophiera
post Nov 7 2017, 07:08 AM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Guys, please pray for my brother. He's having a lot of trouble getting a job despite all his efforts. It's eating into him.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 7 2017, 08:56 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 6 2017, 09:35 PM)
Eh, unknown warrior have you watched this vid yet?

https://youtu.be/qwNfH_SOWKA?t=12m56s
Good perspective. The Gospel has been grossly misunderstood by atheists and unbelievers alike.

It's refreshing to understanding how Heaven and Earth can overlap through Jesus.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 7 2017, 09:06 AM
zanness
post Nov 7 2017, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(Sophiera @ Nov 7 2017, 07:08 AM)
Guys, please pray for my brother. He's having a lot of trouble getting a job despite all his efforts. It's eating into him.
I've gone through this period..
I'll pray for him.
I think he needs a lot of comforting from God's word.

Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

TSunknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 08:50 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

People are not hearing the Gospel

Hebrews 9:14 (NIV) - How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Good Day believers of Christ.

The world out there is not hearing the gospel.

If I were to put a microphone and ask the average person on the street, there is a Heaven and there a Hell to shun, what qualifies you to Heaven.
Most likely you will hear things like, I'm not a bad person, I don't murder or kill. I don't blow people or building up. I take care of my own family, my own life, I don't disturb people.

It is always a sense of Work Based answer. I didn't do or I did this and that.

You will hardly hear it's by the blood of Christ.

Today God is restoring the Gospel, Grace is one of the restored truth as how God used Martin Luther to restore the Gospel, justification by Faith.

Apostle Paul says it like this. "And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace."

We need to share the Gospel, dear friends. What Christ did at the cross, the shedding of His Blood was done on the basis of God's Grace and Love.

We get to enter Heaven is because of what God has done, not what Man has done. So whenever you hear teachings like you MUST obey in order to qualify for Salvation, understand THAT is basically what the devil preach to the people in the street because ALL religion is work base.

We need to preach the right Gospel.

God Bless.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 8 2017, 09:00 AM
NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:09 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 08:50 AM)
People are not hearing the Gospel

Hebrews 9:14 (NIV) - How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Good Day believers of Christ.

The world out there is not hearing the gospel.

If I were to put a microphone and ask the average person on the street, there is a Heaven and there a Hell to shun, what qualifies you to Heaven.
Most likely you will hear things like, I'm not a bad person, I don't murder or kill. I don't blow people or building up. I take care of my own family, my own life, I don't disturb people.

It is always a sense of Work Based answer. I didn't do or I did this and that.

You will hardly hear it's by the blood of Christ.

Today God is restoring the Gospel, Grace is one of the restored truth as how God used Martin Luther to restore the Gospel, justification by Faith.

Apostle Paul says it like this. "And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace."
We need to share the Gospel, dear friends. What Christ did at the cross, the shedding of His Blood was done on the basis of God's Grace and Love.

We get to enter Heaven is because of what God has done, not what Man has done. So whenever you hear teachings like you MUST obey in order to qualify for Salvation, understand THAT is basically what the devil preach to the people in the street because ALL religion is work base.

We need to preach the right Gospel.

God Bless.

Good morning,

What about bad Christians?

Do they still go to heaven? Last two weeks, I attended a sermon by a female pastor and she said, Christians may not be saved if they do not follow Jesus's teaching.

TSunknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 11:14 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 8 2017, 11:09 AM)
Good morning,

What about bad Christians?

Do they still go to heaven? Last two weeks, I attended a sermon by a female pastor and she said, Christians may not be saved if they do not follow Jesus's teaching.
Jesus said the sum total of the Law is to Love God with all your heart, all your soul and with all your strength.

I ask you this one question. It was something that Jesus threw to the people of his time. Something to ponder upon.

Was there anyone in history is/was able to do that without failure?

The Bible tell us...there is no half way, it's either you obey the entire law, break one is as good as breaking all of them AND!.......

You cannot have both Grace and Works mixed.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 8 2017, 11:32 AM
NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:32 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 11:14 AM)
Jesus said the sum total of the Law is to Love God with all your heart, all your soul and with all your strength.

I ask you this one question.

Was there anyone in history is/was able to do that without failure?
That makes me ponder.

If bad people are also saved, then does that mean there are also bad people in heaven? Will they do the same what they did when they were in earth?

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Nov 8 2017, 11:33 AM
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 11:42 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 8 2017, 11:32 AM)
That makes me ponder.

If bad people are also saved, then does that mean there are also bad people in heaven? Will they do the same what they did when they were in earth?
Talking about Bad and Good.........

Jesus said something profound...why do you call me good And He threw the Law to the young Rich ruler. ( Luke 18:19/Mark 10:18)

Read the whole passage of Luke 18 or Mark 10 to understand this revelation.

See if people can attain/lose Salvation because they can obey, they don't need a Saviour.

From what you've been taught, do you know why and what is the purpose of The Laws of God?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me it's not the matter of good or bad people. the reason why people's life are not changed is because we are not preaching the gospel.
When we preach...you must obey God or Christ.(not arguing on that fact) you are preaching the Law.

But if we preach Grace, according to what the Bible says, Sin loses it's hold on people. <---- this is where we have missed in the Church.

This post has been edited by unknown warrior: Nov 8 2017, 11:48 AM
NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:47 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 11:42 AM)
Talking about Bad and Good.........

Jesus said something profound...why do you call me good And He threw the Law to the young Rich ruler. ( Luke 18:19/Mark 10:18)

Read the whole passage of Luke 18 or Mark 10 to understand this revelation.

See if people can attain/lose Salvation because they can obey, they don't need a Saviour.

From what you've been taught, do you know why and what is the purpose of The Laws of God?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me it's not the matter of good or bad people. the reason why people's life are not changed is because we are not preaching the gospel.
When we preach...you must obey God or Christ.(not arguing on that fact) you are preaching the Law.
Are Law of Gods referring to the law that was introduced by Moses?

Frankly speaking, I think it's to guide humans to be a good being. However, there are certain law that I feel weird.
TSunknown warrior
post Nov 8 2017, 11:50 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

QUOTE(NicoRobinz @ Nov 8 2017, 11:47 AM)
Are Law of Gods referring to the law that was introduced by Moses?

Frankly speaking, I think it's to guide humans to be a good being. However, there are certain law that I feel weird.
Well Jesus referred to the Old Testament commandments in those 2 verses.

Those weird laws are what we call ceremonial laws as well as the Levitical laws.

They are meant for the Israelites.
NicoRobinz
post Nov 8 2017, 11:55 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Nov 8 2017, 11:50 AM)
Well Jesus referred to the Old Testament commandments in those 2 verses.

Those weird laws are what we call ceremonial laws as well as the Levitical laws.

They are meant for the Israelites.
Just wanna make clear on something.

God only gave 10 commandments for everyone to follow, is it?

Was God responsible for those weird rules?

What does 'Remember the sabbath day' mean? Does it mean that we aren't supposed to work on Saturday?

This post has been edited by NicoRobinz: Nov 8 2017, 11:55 AM

102 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:35 PM