Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Christian Fellowship V13 (Group), ALL about Jesus Christ.

views

Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 06:48 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Oooh yay V13 congrats! rclxm9.gif

I really hope Tina's baby is well, healthy, and happy.

Last night I blew my top over a discussion. out of 10 people in the room, 8 say earth is due for a mass depopulation and war/famine/plague is necessary to 'bring balance' back, otherwise earth will run out of resources.

It's already arrogant enough to think that only other people will die, it's a next level of arrogant to say that even if humans have feeling nothing ultimately matters because of entropyscience.jpg mad.gif

Sah these people never experienced extreme hunger/thirst or having to watch their kids starve to death.

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Jun 8 2017, 06:50 PM
Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 08:04 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 07:29 PM)
laugh.gif

Learn to relax and don't let discussion or people to affect your feelings. Discuss with objectivity in mind so that people can understand.

But those who keep on stirring trying to provoke, you just ignore lah...your life doesn't revolve what these people say. Your revolves around what God says. icon_rolleyes.gif
It wasn't an open forum. More like the end of a chain of discussion between friends. Now I'm starting to mistrust the value of 'friend' also, if I'm so readily disposable in the name of planet Earth rclxub.gif

Aiyoh. When it really happens, expect a lot of screaming to the sky, existential crisis, 'god don't exist', and whatever negativity shakehead.gif I keep warning my friends be careful for what you wish for.

Heh wodues, I'm not surprised either if they deep down wanted opportunity to climb up top. Right now many people feel like everything's rigid and stagnant.
Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 08:19 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 08:13 PM)
Sometime people just talk....u know. Don't think they'll dispose anyone.
Hard to tell. I had to block someone in the chat for being creepily intrusive, writing down detailed steps on how to make a virus to kill every single human being on planet earth.

Another person said "soph you got trolled so hard". And then the person said "No I'm absolutely serious". Whenever topic about human population appears confirm will have plans of extermination peppered at the side.

I don't think this person had a happy family life, if any.

I sure hope for the rest, it is just talk. Not really believing what they say as truth...

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Jun 8 2017, 08:20 PM
Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 08:31 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 08:26 PM)
Nah don't worry too much about it. Time to get back on talking about our Christian Life...living the life, the Faith, the challenges. More importantly to understand Christ Jesus our Lord better.
Right nod.gif

With that said...

I SUPER RECOMMEND THIS PODCAST SERIES

https://thebibleproject.simplecast.fm/

I really need to get through them to understand how people read the bible in their time.
Sophiera
post Jun 8 2017, 09:13 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 8 2017, 09:00 PM)
biggrin.gif Cool. I saw a documentary once. Octopus in Small Fish Tank, food in an enclosed Jar lid.

It was left alone camera recording the whole thing. It just came out, open the jar lid with it's tentacle, ate the food and tried to escape the room, laboratory perhaps.

It's scary to think how intelligent they are.
Octopi are both cute and terrifying. There was this octopus who kept shooting hot light bulbs for fun. Each time the aquarium folks fixed the light bulb, the octopus will shoot it again. And again. And again. Eventually they moved the lights elsewhere.

and then there's this

Sophiera
post Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 10 2017, 08:35 AM)
I just want to testify and give glory to God, that He answered my prayer with regards to my work.

Had a predicament with regards to penalty matter from a vendor. Now it's settled.

Thank you Lord Jesus.
What is a penalty matter blink.gif ?
Sophiera
post Jun 15 2017, 11:28 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 15 2017, 09:36 AM)

Verifiable evidence for the existence of God.
shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif

i didn't know stainless steel and google from them also
Sophiera
post Jun 16 2017, 05:38 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Tina! Glad your baby is healthy. Baby boy or girl?

Thanks for the devotionals uw.

And guys, I've been doing daily prayers based on this website. They're from the book.of common prayers. Maybe this source is useful for you too smile.gif

http://prayer.forwardmovement.org
Sophiera
post Jun 19 2017, 01:22 AM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(tinarhian @ Jun 19 2017, 12:27 AM)
Baby girl.  thumbsup.gif
rclxms.gif congrats on first daughter
Sophiera
post Jun 20 2017, 05:34 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Owl city! That's the guy with the firefly song.

Alamak his lyrics about dads made me crai cry.gif

About your devotional... Its something i agree in theory but in practice I find it difficult. Because, I feel the effects daily. Old cruelties are affecting how I think, what I do, and how i behave more than I'd like to admit.
Sophiera
post Jun 21 2017, 05:34 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Ahmighads people I found something interesting and funny!

http://sophtopus.tumblr.com/post/162079405...rmer-fatty-roah

Basically the majority of the disciples were.... TEENAGERS! Cue a lot of punk rock jokes.

The only two official adults in the group were Peter and Jesus, with Jesus probably ten whole years older than Peter.

Here's the copy pasta

Why this is possible:

Probaly they were all underage except for Peter. In Exodus 30:14-15, Jewish law states that every male over the age of 20 is to pay a half-shekel as census offering when they visit the temple of God. In Matthew 17:24-27, Jesus instructs Peter to “fish up” this tax. Peter finds a shekel in the mouth of the fish he catches; enough to pay the tax for two men, himself and Jesus. You could conclude that the others were underage and did not need to pay.

In Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, and John 13:33, Jesus calls his disciples little children .
We learn that Peter had a wife when Jesus healed his mother-in-law. In those ancient times, a Jewish man receives a wife after the age of 18. Again, no other disciples’ wives are mentioned, so they are unmarried and probably under 18.

Jewish children began intensive study at young ages, but education for most concluded by age 15. For those bright (or wealthy) enough, higher education consisted of studying under a local rabbi. If they didn’t find a rabbi that accepted them as a student then they entered the workforce by their mid teens. The disciples, already working-men, must have been rejected by other rabbis when Jesus hand-picked them for further education as his disciples. In light of this, a younger age is more probable than older. A youth would be in the mindset of continuing his education. A man over 30 leaving his trade to follow a rabbi would be counter-cultural , although not impossible.

The behavior of the disciples, as detailed in the gospels, fits well with the zealous nature and foolishness of adolescence. Picture a gang of teens instead of work-hardened men in the boat when the storm hit, fear-stricken and waking up Jesus for help. The forgetful and distracted nature of youth helps me understand how they could hear Jesus say he would die and come back to life, yet act as they did when these things happened. When we age them under twenty, we can understand Jesus’ patience with them, his low expectations of their behavior, and his teaching style.

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Jun 21 2017, 05:35 PM
Sophiera
post Jun 24 2017, 09:11 AM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Guys i have a serious question hat bothered me for years.

http://crochecottage.tumblr.com/post/16217...lacktones/embed

How do you convince or talk to people who had a lifelong abuse from Christians? Either as a church, a family, or in school?

They don't believe God is love. They see Him as an abuser. Since they don't believe in any love exists from Jesus or Christians, how do we even approach?
Sophiera
post Jun 26 2017, 06:58 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Praying that you'll be okay. Amen.
Sophiera
post Jun 27 2017, 05:52 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

UW in response to your devotional i want to ask... Who're the Orthodox? How are they different from Catholics?

Lately the Reddit got guys saying Orthodox is the only say, the sola scriptura is false doctrine, Protestants are going to hell ect ect. And I'm like, who are even these people rclxub.gif?

Everyone tell him to chill of course. But i still have no idea why they're called Orthodox and us Hetrodox. Why are they different?

Also there's always one guy saying nobody is sure of their salvation until they die. Is that a Catholic idea?

Sophiera
post Jun 27 2017, 08:50 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Kesian. That guy lawan people for no reason then...
Sophiera
post Jun 27 2017, 09:46 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Jun 27 2017, 09:43 PM)
Let us not waste time talking about other people but to spend time talking about our Lord Jesus Christ.  smile.gif
Betul

Ah for those who have paypal money, there's this charity that gives directly to people in need. I'll paste the link here if anyone's interested.

https://www.givedirectly.org/

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Jun 27 2017, 09:49 PM
Sophiera
post Jun 27 2017, 11:21 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

I wonder if myway is okay now...
Sophiera
post Jun 29 2017, 06:39 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Ha, i remember reading that one of the bad teachings had the term "Golawsple" because it's enphasis on the law. I'll share the bigger list when I get on pc.

edit: wait I got it wrong

http://www.christsiouxfalls.org/index.php/...=50:listeners-..

Check this page out. Very interesting stuff. Thoughts about it?

This post has been edited by Sophiera: Jun 29 2017, 07:09 PM
Sophiera
post Jun 30 2017, 06:29 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Today's prayer had something that confuses me. It's from Psalm 107

23 Some went down to the sea in ships *
and plied their trade in deep waters;
24 They beheld the works of the LORD *
and his wonders in the deep.
25 Then he spoke, and a stormy wind arose, *
which tossed high the waves of the sea.
26 They mounted up to the heavens and fell back to the depths; *
their hearts melted because of their peril.
27 They reeled and staggered like drunkards *
and were at their wits' end.
28 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, *
and he delivered them from their distress.
29 He stilled the storm to a whisper *
and quieted the waves of the sea.
30 Then were they glad because of the calm, *
and he brought them to the harbor they were bound for.
31 Let them give thanks to the LORD for his mercy *
and the wonders he does for his children

Did God cause a storm to demonstrate his saving grace instead of preventing it? If a human tried to cause trouble to show their good later, it would have been called a conspiracy. So i don't get what this means.
Sophiera
post Jun 30 2017, 07:12 PM

Sophtopus
706 posts

Oh i see. Skeptics and ex Christians always bring up the OT as their proof that God is cruel. So knowing the context is comforting.

Another question to ask

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comme...comment/djlitdn

I think this commenter going out of a limb? Whatever i studied of the NT, isn't Church all members of the body of Christ? Of course they support community and encourage people to come together. But to say not going to Church as a building or group makes you not Christian... Seems to me is totally off the mark.

The sole requirement should be the blood of Jesus Christ.

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1111sec    0.13    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:00 PM