Nissan reputation in Malaysia

views

benson92
post Jun 2 2017, 11:17 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(afoka @ Jun 2 2017, 11:14 AM)
owe bank 22k, nissan offered 19k

other second hand dealer offered 14k, perodua n toyota 15k.

mileage 200k over, persona highline.
wow thats very good price
Eilrach
post Jun 2 2017, 11:18 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ May 31 2017, 08:26 PM)
I'm thinking of buying my first brand new car soon, and I'm kinda gravitating towards getting a Nissan.

While I'm going my research and asking around, I thought I could drop by here and seek input from the knowledgeable people of this sub-forum.

1) As a brand, how are Nissan's cars viewed at in terms of reliability in Malaysia?

2) What about their after sales support and servicing? Is it decent?

3) Overall, for the lower end segment, assuming I am fine with the looks and pricing is it fine to go with a Nissan or is there good reason I should be forgoing it and going for a Toyota/Honda?

Thanks!
Honestly speaking, if you want to go for the Almera just because of the low price, I'd suggest getting the new Persona Premium instead. Its a better car in almost every aspect.

If you can pay more, then a Honda City or Mazda 2 would make more sense.
zstan
post Jun 2 2017, 11:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

My family had nissan cars over the past 10 years. and as other forummers mentioned, TC after sales service is really good. Even during Sunday you can send in your car for service for a full day ( at least at the PJ branch).

But just that comparing their car specs and techs to all the latest cars from other Japanese companies, Nissan just feels really underwhelming.
putra23
post Jun 2 2017, 01:26 PM

On my way
652 posts

I think more reliable than Honda but Toyota is the winner.

Service level quite good and flexible too.

Their reputation not as strong due to absence of models after the Sunny.

Nissan parts is cheaper than Toyota or Honda SC. There are also TanChong parts for those on the budget.

allanlee89
post Jun 2 2017, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

QUOTE(Jet23sky @ Jun 2 2017, 08:54 AM)
I have Nissan Almera from Tan Chong. To tell you the truth, the after sale is really really good. These car dealers are not just people like, after you bought the car and they will ignore you. They will help you if you need help like, car break down, some issue with cars etc.

According the car dealer, Slyphy is going to obsolete and replaced with another car, but not sure when. The spare parts wise, so far I have not had any issue that required the parts to be change until now ( Around 5 years already ). So I can say, Nissan is quite durable at my end.
Agree, even when they fail to fix, they will entertain with a smile till problems solved. Not like other brand, can't fix then taichi back to customers, give 10 yrs warranty also useless.
Jessieccy
post Jun 2 2017, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Yes Nissan the after sales service is good. I would say the cars like x-trail or teana is worth it. Almera is a cheap car so its not a looker or for driving fast. Most Nissan is family n very Japanese, so comfort at legal speed limits is great. I personally think Honda feels cheap n plastic.
You could consider a VW if you drive on highways alot and want a 2nd car. Vento is really worth it now. Allstar/Comfortline 1.6 is below RM80k. 5 yrs warranty n free maintenance. Go check it out. Of course design even more boring.

This post has been edited by Jessieccy: Jun 2 2017, 08:19 PM
vexus
post Jun 3 2017, 09:33 AM

Master of Eatery & Sleeping
6,626 posts

QUOTE(Jessieccy @ Jun 2 2017, 08:17 PM)
Yes Nissan the after sales service is good. I would say the cars like x-trail or teana is worth it. Almera is a cheap car so its not a looker or for driving fast. Most Nissan is family n very Japanese, so comfort at legal speed limits is great. I personally think Honda feels cheap n plastic.
You could consider a VW if you drive on highways alot and want a 2nd car. Vento is really worth it now. Allstar/Comfortline 1.6 is below RM80k. 5 yrs warranty n free maintenance. Go check it out. Of course design even more boring.
VW maintenance cost very high. Minor service rm800++, Major rm2k++ Cheap car but slaughtering after sales service, what the point?????
Jessieccy
post Jun 3 2017, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(vexus @ Jun 3 2017, 09:33 AM)
VW maintenance cost very high. Minor service rm800++, Major rm2k++ Cheap car but slaughtering after sales service, what the point?????
15k km per service. Its about the same with the Nissan maybe extra rm100 to 300. I own an Almera, on paper if you can stick to minimum service price of course it is cheap. But as a new car owner u tend to spend more than that. My minor approx rm400 - 600. Major approx rm700 - 1200.
That was why I suggested Vento, it comes with 5yrs free maintenance. Also VW can drive better than my almera at least. Well different needs different preferance. Unless u plan to own the car more than 5 yrs wich does not comes with free maintenance. Then dont get the VW.
bob
post Jun 3 2017, 01:28 PM

* hari2mau *
1,707 posts

nissan is a good car ... to drive , comfort & realibility
SC also good & part price is reasonable and some part cheaper than other japanese car brand.
only the exterior design is bit different but that up to personal taste.
Interior space & material is also better.
DarkNite
post Jun 3 2017, 05:25 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(mlamlam @ Jun 2 2017, 10:46 AM)
Nissan no bad but TC is doing what here?
already 18 months and no new car released, just have some NISMO kit or upgrade kit like this
HK already have Nissan Serena C27 and here no news
some Nissan great car such as Nissan note also not available here
Yup.
I saw the C27 and feel in love with it!
Came back to Msia and WTF!!!!
No C27!!!! vmad.gif
kyen
post Jun 3 2017, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

To my knowledge, only Nissan SC's allow you to bring in your own parts and they will charge labor for the replacement.
Anyone know if that has changed recently ?
Jessieccy
post Jun 3 2017, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(kyen @ Jun 3 2017, 05:29 PM)
To my knowledge, only Nissan SC's allow you to bring in your own parts and they will charge labor for the replacement.
Anyone know if that has changed recently ?
I dont think any offical SC will do that unless its a 3rd party "approved SC". Beacuse the offical SC hv a limited time warranty for ori parts compared to other workshops. They need to do business, impossible they let u do that.
ckwhy
post Jan 23 2018, 04:22 AM

Casual
367 posts

When is Nissan Malaysia releasing new model? Only heard going to launch Serena and Leaf soon. How about Qashqai and Kicks? Sure will win CHR and HRV
pg84
post Jan 23 2018, 07:50 AM

Getting Started
288 posts

Sorry but nissan design looks hedious only qasqai looks ok

This post has been edited by pg84: Jan 23 2018, 07:51 AM
destee88
post Jan 23 2018, 11:47 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(ckwhy @ Jan 23 2018, 04:22 AM)
When is Nissan Malaysia releasing new model? Only heard going to launch Serena and Leaf soon. How about Qashqai and Kicks? Sure will win CHR and HRV
kicks no more edy same as Qashqai... no need hope i can let u know nissan malaysia is hopeless for new product launching.. u can consider baoteng boyue loh if want all new suv

This post has been edited by destee88: Jan 23 2018, 11:47 AM
Platonic
post Jan 23 2018, 09:11 PM

20 posts

I drive a Teana XL 2014,
It's a reliable car that gives no problem at all.
However the only set back is servicing fee at Tan Chong is on the high side.
ckwhy
post Jan 23 2018, 09:13 PM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Jan 23 2018, 11:47 AM)
kicks no more edy same as Qashqai... no need hope i can let u know nissan malaysia is hopeless for new product launching.. u can consider baoteng boyue loh if want all new suv
Aiyo, when I go China, those Nissan new models looks great. How I wish there are all here in Malaysia
TScontestchris
post Jan 23 2018, 09:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

This year Tan Chong management has confirmed that there will be one brand new model introduced into the Malaysian market. According to MIDF research, this hints closely to the Nissan Kicks. I doubt it will be the Nissan Qashqai, though you never know.
EnergyAnalyst
post Jan 24 2018, 06:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,279 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...ing-a-comeback/
amar_arifin
post Jan 25 2018, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(jimmybcmy @ Jun 2 2017, 09:03 AM)
Nissan cars are not selling well here or other Asian countries...so there must be something there that make the brand unpopular.
ya dude..
others brand too also kena..volkswagen..
others countries look ok jer after sale division..
but in Msia..so many fishy..mmm..

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:32 PM