Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nissan reputation in Malaysia

views

amar_arifin
post Jan 25 2018, 12:05 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(ckwhy @ Jan 23 2018, 09:13 PM)
Aiyo, when I go China, those Nissan new models looks great. How I wish there are all here in Malaysia
then u know how bad Msia try to do to plotek plotek own brand.. ranting.gif doh.gif
ckwhy
post Jan 30 2018, 10:36 PM

Casual
367 posts

Nissan Kicks is most likely going to be launched in Malaysia in 2018. This car is going to sell like hot cakes if Tan Chong knows how to priced it nicely. Just look how HRV push Honda to Malaysia top Non National Car makes. Toyota also will launch CHR soon if not mistaken. Let’s see know launch first. This will be the greatest fight among Toyota, Honda and Nissan in Malaysia.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
gcmming
post Jan 31 2018, 12:25 PM

4 posts

Nissan tan chong forget it, worst car dealer, they always ignore problems, their cars has more problem than myvi
dannychen
post Jan 31 2018, 09:07 PM

Regular
1,158 posts

QUOTE(gcmming @ Jan 31 2018, 12:25 PM)
Nissan tan chong forget it, worst car dealer, they always ignore problems, their cars has more problem than myvi
can't agree more.
gcmming
post Feb 1 2018, 11:16 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Jan 31 2018, 09:07 PM)
can't agree more.
lousy shit tan chong, their cars always fail.
goandloveyourself
post Feb 1 2018, 05:46 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(roocarroll @ Jun 1 2017, 09:56 AM)
IMO, the problem with Nissan in Malaysia is that they don't bring in the right cars. The Juke and the Note are their most popular cars and they don't sell them in Malaysia.
true also
ckwhy
post Feb 2 2018, 09:03 PM

Casual
367 posts

It’s really difficult to understand what is Tan Chong trying to do, perhaps spending too much time developing other markets such as Vietnam and Myanmar. But I believe they are now back to push sales in Msia as the ringgit is now much stronger and it’s already 4 years without new model launching in Msia market. It’s about time to bring something exciting to disrupt the market.
DarkNite
post Feb 19 2018, 11:00 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(ckwhy @ Feb 2 2018, 09:03 PM)
It’s really difficult to understand what is Tan Chong trying to do, perhaps spending too much time developing other markets such as Vietnam and Myanmar. But I believe they are now back to push sales in Msia as the ringgit is now much stronger and it’s already 4 years without new model launching in Msia market. It’s about time to bring something exciting to disrupt the market.
Fark la, TC Msia is like a black sheep among the Nissan Japan partners.
Every year also tok kok sing song about bring in New Models!
Ya new 4-5 years old base models!
Currently selling old 2014 nissan models in 2018!
What innovation!!! doh.gif
What excitement!!! doh.gif
seand19
post Feb 20 2018, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

my dad's pa used to drive a gran livina and for awhile before my dad sold it, i drove the 2.5 xtrail.
from what i have gathered from others and in my opinion:
-nissan engine is reliable as heck
maybe too reliable as the car broke down before the engine would , even the whole car is in bad shape, the engine would keep running.
- somehow on the road, almeera drivers in general are petpet drivers
from what i notice, most of the drivers are on their phones, love cutting without signal and do all sort of things that as a normal driver ticks me off
but almeera is cheap as heck compared to other japanese brands like toyota and honda.
-the sc are reliable and quick but not sure the cost as, bill sent to office

i heard almeera is the cheapest in terms foreign brand intro model, i contemplated getting the city which is about 70-80k i think and vios was about 80-90k.
from a financial point, go with the new myvi, its economical, cheap and very reliable.
maintenance, service and spare parts are all affordable. even the monthly installments too.
55k for top spec 1.5, why pay an extra 10-50k just for a foreign brand?
essentially what matters is the performance, which is about the same. all are 1.5l engines only, the others like interior, safety features and reliability are decisive on you.
if you see it worth to pay extra money then go ahead, because more 'yeng' to own foreign brand than local ma.
but imo, add the other accesories i want that foreign brands have myself which wont even cost as much and use the rest to save in something that doesnt depreciate in value.

This post has been edited by seand19: Feb 20 2018, 11:13 AM
Antzfield
post Feb 20 2018, 12:11 PM

Casual
496 posts

from those early days of Nissan Sunny which my dad bought, pretty happy with it, no major issue

Moving fast foward the clock, i got myself Grand Livina, starting to curse as the parts not lasting and even bolts and nuts rusty, failed suspension despite weekend car, SC ok no complaint but not the best.

Then CBU Serena comes in, price is good and it ticks most of my requirements, thought CBU should be more reliable than local TC. Again, disappointed, under carriage / drive shaft / EPS steering with sound whenever on uneven road, SC say just tightened it but problems continue and i give up.

So, no more Nissan for me (just like proton, no more for me since those days wira time)

riezzien
post Feb 20 2018, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(amar_arifin @ Jan 25 2018, 12:05 PM)
then u know how bad Msia try to do to plotek plotek own brand..  ranting.gif  doh.gif
Zzz. Its tanchong la stupid didnt bring in new model fast enough.

SUSNew Klang
post Feb 20 2018, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

How is Nissan cars resale value?
amar_arifin
post Feb 21 2018, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Feb 20 2018, 08:26 PM)
Zzz. Its tanchong la stupid didnt bring in new model fast enough.
like i said...Tan chong got alliances more with gomen..
they tunduk to gomen n loyal.. ahhaha..
what u expect frm them maa...with out gomen ..they also be like Proton now..probably..
GOmen xbagi..xbagi laa..haha..
Nissan Worldwide focus all segment..not like Honda fcus more on sedan vehicle..
DarkNite
post Feb 23 2018, 11:05 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(knnhenry @ Feb 23 2018, 10:11 AM)
have u guys just come out from cave ? tan chong launched a lot of new cars from subaru and renault.

captur
koleos
megane
xv
outback
brz
levorg

all these are exciting innovative brand new global models.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha so exciting & innovative that sales figures are shooting off the charts!
..... Oh wait....
riezzien
post Feb 23 2018, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(knnhenry @ Feb 23 2018, 10:11 AM)
have u guys just come out from cave ? tan chong launched a lot of new cars from subaru and renault.

captur
koleos
megane
xv
outback
brz
levorg

all these are exciting innovative brand new global models.
Diamlah, we are talking about NISSAN.
Title says NISSAN
NISSAN
NISSAN..
NISSANNNNNNN
DarkNite
post Feb 23 2018, 12:30 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(knnhenry @ Feb 23 2018, 11:45 AM)
you cannot deny that all the models i mentioned above and brand new global models, exciting and innovative.
Just in case you dun understand ...... all these new global models are really NOT making waves or selling like hot cake globally!

Renualt should have died long ago!

and FYI my 1st car is 160J SSS! thumbup.gif

DarkNite
post Feb 23 2018, 01:05 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(knnhenry @ Feb 23 2018, 12:57 PM)
hot cake or not is besides the point. a lot of idiots here are claiming that tanchong did not bring in new models and i have proven them wrong.

Renault nissan alliance is top 3 globally. you must be so disappointed
I am disappoint that I cant buy Nissan Serena C27 NISMO Edition in Malaysia! whistling.gif
apekgoh
post Feb 25 2018, 12:48 PM

13 posts

Bought nissan navara VL black series. Sales experience quite unpleasant, promise this and that and at end quite disappointing.

The truck is a bad experience, i dont understand wh some owner not willing to admit its a inferior product. Partly my own fault of not doing more test drives.

Can PM me if you really wants to know the details that car reviewer never writes it in their page and forget about reading any bad comments in their car club.

This post has been edited by apekgoh: Feb 25 2018, 12:48 PM
ckwhy
post Feb 26 2018, 02:24 PM

Casual
367 posts

I guess every car brands will have their own issues. Nissan basically is doing pretty well worldwide, but in Malaysia, it’s always behind Toyota and Honda. Perhaps Tan Chong have been focusing on other brands and other countries.
All Tan Chong need is just to release 1 brand new model this year. Tan Chong, if you are reading this, please bring in the New Qashqai or Kick. Sure sell like hot cakes.
Gen-T
post Mar 1 2018, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Am a loyal supporter to Toyota, but their cars are getting less spec compared to others.
Considering to buy Nissan Serena.. now waiting for C27... curious too.. is Nissan car reliable or not?

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:55 PM