11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Malaysia Home Appliances & Furniture Forum Household

views

TSkw
post Mar 20 2007, 11:13 PM, updated 18y ago

Enthusiast
781 posts

Hi all, am setting up my home soon and is searching around for some home appliances and furniture. Does anyone know any good home appliances & furniture local forum, which is actively discuss & review the appliances & furniture that can found in Malaysia? Thanks.
stormchaser
post Mar 21 2007, 10:24 AM

love your neighbour, help serve society
594 posts

Why not we start it here..... I'm waiting for my developer to clear up my defective list, before i start renovations and moving in.. btw, some good reference is www.cavenzi.com (i found it reasonable if u r in tight budget like me), www.panasonic.com.my (they provide the retail price, usually u can get cheaper or free gift outside, where u can budget your expenses..)
aaronpang
post Mar 21 2007, 10:34 AM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(kw @ Mar 20 2007, 11:13 PM)
Hi all, am setting up my home soon and is searching around for some home appliances and furniture. Does anyone know any good home appliances & furniture local forum, which is actively discuss & review the appliances & furniture that can found in Malaysia? Thanks.
Only one comes in my bookmark http://renotalk.20.forumer.com/ but I havent been there in awhile...

Anyway I'm sure got others but I wasn't looking I just go to the shops and try try... or drive along until a see a furniture shop that I like.

Electrical I'll go to harvey normal, best, hsl... then go find the cheapest price possible somewhere else tongue.gif
stormchaser
post Mar 21 2007, 10:39 AM

594 posts

After a few months survey, i found that electrical like Fridge, washing machine, it's always cheaper in carrefour or jusco.. hsl and harvey is more expensive ler... IMHO...
aaronpang
post Mar 21 2007, 10:55 AM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Hi kw, this might be useful so I just tot I'd share it.

Its my spreadsheet of stuff that I've got or going to get for my new house. If you don't want the price info. you can just delete or use it as a guide to come up with your own list biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Home_Fixtures2.zip ( 4.86k ) Number of downloads: 3923
adrianocy
post Mar 21 2007, 01:29 PM

Enthusiast
907 posts

hey guys...do u know where can i buy the wood grain laminate material? i know its something like a layer and stick to the board.

This post has been edited by adrianocy: Mar 26 2007, 05:09 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
stormchaser
post Mar 21 2007, 02:30 PM

594 posts

I'm planning to get a better wooden door.. where can i find the cheapest but solid wooden door? usually how much is it? I know jusco home centre got, but a bit pricey ler.. anyone can recommend? thanks..
aaronpang
post Mar 21 2007, 02:50 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Try sandor

http://www.wm.com.my/2nd/jurusanwa_intro.html

They got really good doors and alot of designs to choose from...
stormchaser
post Mar 21 2007, 02:57 PM

594 posts

Thanks.. where can i find it? the website doesn't show its product, strange...keke

I found another one.

http://www.doormart.com.my/

Thanks to aaron, found it in the forum posted by aaron.

This post has been edited by stormchaser: Mar 21 2007, 03:02 PM
TSkw
post Mar 22 2007, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
781 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Mar 21 2007, 10:55 AM)

Its my spreadsheet of stuff that I've got or going to get for my new house. If you don't want the price info. you can just delete or use it as a guide to come up with your own list  biggrin.gif
Thanks bro, seems like you really prepare your shopping list well. maybe I should have start compile a similar list later smile.gif

BTW, I also love to do the same practice, i.e. shopping at those Harvey Norman, HSL, Best to get the normal market price, then only goto those electrical shop to nego lower prices. So far I found that most of the Puchong electrical shops (along the Tesco main road) can offer very good price.
jootat
post Mar 23 2007, 12:07 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Mar 21 2007, 10:55 AM)

Its my spreadsheet of stuff that I've got or going to get for my new house. If you don't want the price info. you can just delete or use it as a guide to come up with your own list  biggrin.gif
errr ... after download ur attachment but i can't open, can u upload again?
aaronpang
post Mar 23 2007, 01:25 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(jootat @ Mar 23 2007, 12:07 PM)
errr ... after download ur attachment but i can't open, can u upload again?
Try to downlaod it again, should be ok coz others have managed to download the file... its a zip file so you need to unzip first then open with excel...
adrianocy
post Mar 28 2007, 03:38 PM

Enthusiast
907 posts

QUOTE(adrianocy @ Mar 21 2007, 01:29 PM)
hey guys...do u know where can i buy the wood grain laminate material? i know its something like a layer and stick to the board.
anybody knows? thanks
jootat
post Mar 28 2007, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(aaronpang @ Mar 23 2007, 01:25 PM)
Try to downlaod it again, should be ok coz others have managed to download the file... its a zip file so you need to unzip first then open with excel...
Still not able to open the zip file after download. screenshot attached.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
aaronpang
post Mar 28 2007, 08:46 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(adrianocy @ Mar 28 2007, 03:38 PM)
anybody knows? thanks
I think unless someone is in the furniture business most wont know about laminates or where to buy it...

I've asked the gents where I bought my furniture from and they advised laminates comes in several form one being the paper laminate (cheap stuff), wood laminate and those plastic laminates.

They also said outside of furniture factories and contractors the stuff is hard to come by for consumers coz its usually sold in bulk to industries.

It's also possible you can try to contact rezzz see my siggy basically he was selling those carbon fiber stickers that you could use as a laminate maybe he can source for the wood grain design you're looking for. Or you could go modern and carbon fiber everything brows.gif

QUOTE(jootat @ Mar 28 2007, 04:11 PM)
Still not able to open the zip file after download.  screenshot attached.
No worries I'm updating my list and will upload it soon... later! Purchased some furniture and stuff...
aaronpang
post Mar 28 2007, 10:06 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Well since this thread is about furniture and appliance reviews I would like to write a short review on a furniture shop I had the pleasure of patronizing recently its called Grand Teak S/B it's located in a row of shop lots behind Tesco Puchong next to Angel Veterinary.

http://www.grandteak.com/images/product_mis_2_07.gif

The furniture they typically feature is made of hard woods like Mahogany and Teak. In addition to hardwood furniture they also have seagrass furniture and various knick knacks like table lamp shades, wood statues and other misc. ornamental decorations.

I stumbled on them by accident whilst I was surveying the furniture shops along the Puchong stretch of the LDP highway. They are located somewhat far from the main road and tucked away in a bunch of nondescript shops.

I was greeted by their staff Munif who is very attentive and gone to lengths to explain and promote their products. Its great coz you also get to chat and at the same time haggle for price reductions alto several items are already too low for discounts and I agree whistling.gif

I've purchased several pieces furniture from them including this lovely wub.gif Teak 4 Poster King size bed

user posted image

A 6'ft Mahogany TV Cabinet with 6 Drawers and huge cast iron handles.

user posted image

2 Feng Shui Mirrors

user posted image

The mirrors are a bargain I got them at RM88 a piece and its only RM68 for smaller 60'x70' mirrors.

Visit their website http://www.grandteak.com for pictures of their products.

I recommend you visit their shop coz the pictures don't do justice to the products in real life, their shop also has some one-off pieces not shown online.

BTW they're having a clearance sale till end of this month (March) so if you love rustic wooden furniture or just can't stand the crap furniture from Ikea pay Grand Teak S/B a visit.

PS: jootat try this attachment...

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Mar 28 2007, 10:14 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Home_Fixtures3.zip ( 5.52k ) Number of downloads: 447
??!!
post Mar 29 2007, 09:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

QUOTE(adrianocy @ Mar 21 2007, 01:29 PM)
They are called veneers. Cheap version call paper laminates also got. Try kedai jual plywood; but most of them do wholesale only..have to find one that sells retail.

QUOTE(stormchaser @ Mar 21 2007, 02:30 PM)
I'm planning to get a better wooden door.. where can i find the cheapest but solid wooden door? usually how much is it?  I know jusco home centre got, but a bit pricey ler.. anyone can recommend? thanks..
again try those shops that sells plywood. Some of those shops that sells furniture hardware stuff like handles, glue, screws,etc also sells doors.

Added on March 29, 2007, 10:03 amI remember Jln Ipoh and along the main thoroughfare in Setapak (long long time ago...dunno if they are still there) got lots of these type of shops.

This post has been edited by ??!!: Mar 29 2007, 10:03 AM
stormchaser
post Mar 29 2007, 12:16 PM

594 posts

Thanks... I've found a shop near to my home now.. It's not-so-great wooden door, but at least it's not ply-wood (and empty-inside) provided by the developer.

It costs RM360 including door-noob, celic (dunno how to spell) and installation.
It's the second-lowest end door.
??!!
post Mar 29 2007, 01:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

QUOTE(stormchaser @ Mar 29 2007, 12:16 PM)
Thanks... I've found a shop near to my home now.. It's not-so-great wooden door, but at least it's not ply-wood (and empty-inside) provided by the developer.

It costs RM360 including door-noob, celic (dunno how to spell) and installation.
It's the second-lowest end door.
ya better get someone to install it sekali, unless you know carpentry work!

BTW, if the door is your entrance, pastikan itu fire-rated door..At RM360, I doubt it is. Anyway, if developer provided plywood flush door, unlikely it's the entrance door lah.

P/s the varnish they use on the door is known as shellac...just in case you want to buy it next time! smile.gif
stormchaser
post Mar 29 2007, 02:05 PM

594 posts

It's for the main door to my apartment, that's the problem..

the door itself is RM170 but installation+ shellac total-up RM360.
I'm thinking of colour it by myself, coz i dun like shellac wooden colour... and i tot shellac is cheap..

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:43 PM