Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

128 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working with Petronas?, Work environment, benefits and culture?

views

stanley_85
post Sep 18 2008, 01:53 PM

Testing
1,050 posts

you so good luck. i pass my resume for 2 time but still haven't get reply... i got friends work in petronas and shell sarawak. really good benefit..
cCyyCc
post Sep 18 2008, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(Michi @ Sep 18 2008, 01:06 AM)
wow drool.gif
thats nice (happy.gif) so lucky to those who can enter petronas =)
btw any position for accounting grads?
Heard that 3.5k for fresh grad is not come just like that.. Those fresh grad won't have the retirement benefit or less retirement benefit as compared to previous batch employee.. blink.gif

Fresh grad student I think is harder to get into Petronas since mostly they take from their own sponsored student at Universiti Teknologi Petronas.. Every 6months more than 150++ Petronas sponsored graduated from UTP.. Heard from friends who intern at Petronas, the culture there is not good but think the culture may vary from dept and dept.. While UTP sponsored malays students tried to absorb into Petronas, most UTP sponsored chinese student tried to escape from being absorb by Petronas coz they aim for other oil n gas company or simply because does not like be in the Petronas culture.. icon_question.gif

For the interview structure, it's the same for recruiting fresh grad and experienced candidate where need to undergo:-
1. Writing Test (More to ethical questions)
2. Numerial Test
3. Verbal Test (sort of english comprehension test)
4. Occupational Personality Questionaire (Personality test for them to know in detail about your personality)
5. Interview (Have 4 stages)
5.1. Background Check
5.2 Case Study
5.3 Competency based Interview
5.4 Role Play

I agree on a thing.. The HR is slow.. sweat.gif
ashkamz
post Sep 19 2008, 12:25 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(pyareaishq @ Sep 12 2008, 10:50 PM)
Thanks alot for the info.  sweat.gif  No wonder they say its gonna take the whole day.
So after dat how long its take for them to get back with you?
I heard the HR very SLOW in these stuff? is dat true??

smile.gif
3 - 4 weeks. I was interviewed last month, and got the result early this week. Btw you have to call them for recommendation status if you want to get the result faster.
pyareaishq
post Sep 20 2008, 12:27 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(ashkamz @ Sep 19 2008, 12:25 AM)
3 - 4 weeks. I was interviewed last month, and got the result early this week. Btw you have to call them  for recommendation status if you want to get the result faster.
IC... so hows things got the offer... thumbup.gif congrats inadv
LEVIATHAN
post Sep 20 2008, 10:36 PM

Master Chief Carl M. Brashear
2,281 posts

PETRONAS is one of The New Seven Sisters. I'm so proud of it.
fedsz
post Sep 21 2008, 04:35 AM

4 posts

i am not a petronas scholar..
but i got a chance to do my internship at petronas OPU..
will petronas give me a job position after i graduated???
will i get higher probability to join petronas???
i'm just curious...
my senior who is now working with petronas carigali said my chance just also 50-50...
gfunk11
post Sep 21 2008, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

It all depends. Make sure you get recommendation letters from your superior during the internship. That'll help quite abit. If they have areas within the division that needs your expertise, then they can make a case for you. It'll still be 50-50, but at least if during your interview you can run examples of how you performed during your internship, the ins & outs of Petronas and knowing the various other OPU's help too. All the best!
fedsz
post Sep 22 2008, 01:18 AM

4 posts

thank you for your advise gfunk11..
i just hope can be more confident to compete with petronas's scholar..

bananageek
post Sep 22 2008, 01:30 AM

5 posts

if u r a malay, ignore this question.

if u r a chinese, give me 10 GOOD reasons y u wanna join petronas as freshie.

This post has been edited by bananageek: Sep 22 2008, 01:40 AM
ramdrag
post Sep 22 2008, 01:33 AM

49 posts

i suggest u guy to join MURPHY oil or TALISMAN for more benefit...
squall_kay
post Sep 24 2008, 04:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,696 posts

QUOTE(mamadox @ Sep 18 2008, 12:30 AM)
new fresh graduate basic salary 3.5k increase 40%
so mamadox, u r getting the new basic salary at 3.5k or the old scheme 2.5k?
nway, hows ur work at kerteh? brows.gif

Added on September 24, 2008, 4:45 pm
QUOTE(bananageek @ Sep 22 2008, 01:30 AM)

emm..bumis dont mind working under non bumis (alhough if they mind, but they understand, industries like, OnG, semicon, mostly the higher ups are non bumis) but it seems non bumis really mind to work under bumis... hmm.gif hmm.gif

This post has been edited by squall_kay: Sep 24 2008, 04:45 PM
darrelltanh78
post Sep 24 2008, 05:41 PM

11 posts

What so special for Petronas? I really cannot understand. Looking for the reply above... It look good for UTP/ Bumis student

By the ways, do you know how Petronas make profit?

Hock1942
post Sep 24 2008, 08:19 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(darrelltanh78 @ Sep 24 2008, 05:41 PM)
What so special for Petronas? I really cannot understand. Looking for the reply above... It look good for UTP/ Bumis student

By the ways, do you know how Petronas make profit?
Petronas wealth basically runs this country. 20 to 30 percent of this country's budget comes from Petronas.

It gave the Federal Government RM62.4bil and disbursed RM4.8bil in royalties to Terengganu, Sabah and Sarawak, bringing the total to RM403.3bil paid to the Government and the relevant state governments. Oil-related revenue from Petronas came in the form of dividend, corporate tax, petroleum income tax (Pita), royalty payments and export duties.

Source

Sad thing is its a bumi "exclusive" company.
pyareaishq
post Oct 21 2008, 01:53 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(steventanls @ Sep 3 2008, 01:40 PM)
yssee85, can u please ask ur uncle how can i get in?  biggrin.gif
please i really need the job.
Hi,
Need ur help. I went for assesment last month on 3rd week jus got an mail saying that.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Interviewed Date: 23 September 2008

Thank you for participating in the above interview.

Please be informed that you have been placed in our list of potential candidates.

Should there be a suitable position available within six (6) months that commensurate with your qualification and experience, we will notify you.

Yours sincerely,
on behalf of
Group Talent Sourcing
PETRONAS

Dont really understand.. is dat mean that i dint get the job now n i need to wait for the further reference or how... need ur help
thkls alot

Added on October 21, 2008, 1:54 am
QUOTE(HBK-reloaded @ Sep 3 2008, 08:14 PM)
i apply through its website..it takes 2month finally got screening..if u can get insider,i think should be fast.. drool.gif
Hi,
Need ur help. I went for assesment last month on 3rd week jus got an mail saying that.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Please be informed that you have been placed in our list of potential candidates.

Should there be a suitable position available within six (6) months that commensurate with your qualification and experience, we will notify you.

Yours sincerely,
on behalf of
Group Talent Sourcing
PETRONAS

Dont really understand.. is dat mean that i dint get the job now n i need to wait for the further reference or how... need ur help
thkls alot

Added on October 21, 2008, 1:56 am
QUOTE(ashkamz @ Sep 19 2008, 12:25 AM)
3 - 4 weeks. I was interviewed last month, and got the result early this week. Btw you have to call them  for recommendation status if you want to get the result faster.
Hi,

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Yours sincerely,
on behalf of
Group Talent Sourcing
PETRONAS

thkls alot smile.gif

This post has been edited by pyareaishq: Oct 21 2008, 01:56 AM
cCyyCc
post Oct 21 2008, 10:43 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(pyareaishq @ Oct 21 2008, 01:53 AM)
Hi,

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Yours sincerely,
on behalf of
Group Talent Sourcing
PETRONAS
thkls alot
Hi,

I'm not that sure what's happening but the almost the same happened to graduating Petronas scholar in UTP. All Petronas scholar in UTP are obligated to attend the Petronas structured interview and they will be notify either they are "recommended" for any Petronas position after they report to klcc upon receiving their final sem result. I think you are now "recommended" for a position in Petronas and they are finding for a suitable position for you. Similar to UTP Petronas scholar, when they being notify that they are "recommended", they need to wait up to 6months period in order to get a Petronas job. However, for UTP Petronas scholar, it's not 100% guarantee that they will get a offer from Petronas within the 6 months. If they do not receive any offer within 6 months, they are consider being release from bonding obligations. Petronas offer might eventually come after 6 months period but at this point of time, a Petronas scholar are not obligated and required to work with Petronas (Of course if they want, they can chose to work at Petronas even receiving the offer after the 6 months period).

So, in your case I think what can you do is wait. Hopefully they will reply you a.s.a.p. However, I'm not sure either they will consider offering you a position after the 6 months period.

p/s:- I thought such uncertainty and gray area only happened for Petronas UTP scholar. Never expect that they are using the same procedure for recruiting professionals. Really no comment on it. shakehead.gif
firvictory7
post Oct 21 2008, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(bananageek @ Sep 22 2008, 01:30 AM)

hrmmm....maybe the same way goes to...

if u r a chinese, ignore this question.

if u r a malay, give me 10 GOOD reasons y u wanna join a semicond company as freshie.

pretty sad....after 50yrs of independence....we still have this 3rd class mindset....wake up guys!!!
ron4
post Nov 9 2008, 10:03 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

I heard before, that Petronas will restructuring again their IT Department, means iPerintis will absorb into Petronas IT Department, no more outsourcing company. Is this true?, who can confirm bout this?
nabelon
post Nov 9 2008, 10:31 PM

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

im in the semiconductor industry and im malay, im in finance and im one of the 4-5 malay out of 340 chinese. I don't see any issue, why suddenly kick in a racial issue here ?
crapp0
post Nov 9 2008, 10:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(nabelon @ Nov 9 2008, 10:31 PM)
im in the semiconductor industry and im malay, im in finance and im one of the 4-5 malay out of 340 chinese. I don't see any issue, why suddenly kick in a racial issue here ?
Coz semicon company which is usually mnc dont have a stringent policy about race, petronas on the other hand practices it like how najib practices hindu rituals.

I had a few friends and even my dad used to work under petronas as sub-contractors which was the only way they could get a job doing work for petronas, working directly for petronas was impossible becoz of the bumi quota they set.
sugarbaby
post Nov 11 2008, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
152 posts

just wondering..am thinking of applying for a job in petronas, to try my luck.

However, i'm not an engineer nor from any technical background. Mine is more on the soft skill type i.e. business communictions. does that mean my chances will be extremely slim?

the only method of trying my luck is depositing my resume via their website?

128 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 PM