Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

128 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working with Petronas?, Work environment, benefits and culture?

views

keii-kun
post May 29 2008, 09:53 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(cktwai @ Mar 15 2007, 12:39 AM)
I gotta say i'm with Dreamer on this...

You may be able to name this person.. but do a background check on him and you'll see who he's "related" to...

Those who knows and realize the situation will not post stupid posts like this.

Added on March 15, 2007, 12:41 am
SM at Petronas is not pretty high up...
cktwai,

personally, i am a bit offended for you saying this person having "relation". blink.gif

this guy started off in PETRONAS as an engineer, from Sarawak. now he is the CEO of one of the PETRONAS Refinery that turns a money-losing company to a 2 billion net profit a year, and growing.

based on your comments, i think your posts is the stupid one, and have racist perception.

talk to any non-bumis in petronas and ask them about racism in petronas...everyone have the equal , fair chances to upgrade themselves, unless they do not want to upgrade themselves. rolleyes.gif

pc123,

slb do offer higher salary compared to pet, but again, they're US-based company , where they already giving higher paycheck compared to pet. again, if you want more money, you must be ready to be squeezed harder by your employer...got also friends who join slb, then go back to petronas because tak tahan working at slb...
pc123
post May 29 2008, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
Validating
126 posts

QUOTE(keii-kun @ May 29 2008, 09:53 PM)
pc123,

slb do offer higher salary compared to pet, but again, they're US-based company , where they already giving higher paycheck compared to pet. again, if you want more money, you must be ready to be squeezed harder by your employer...got also friends who join slb, then go back to petronas because tak tahan working at slb...
gulps..i juz noe a tip of an ice berg bout slb...seriously tru? yeah lor...nth is free...the tougher it is..the higher the pay..so many ppl choose pet? wat bout shell? i heard ppl usually take slb as a stepping stone for career ladder..then jump here n there..

Btw,TS y dun u go read tru the OnG thread..tat shud provide u mor information..

This post has been edited by pc123: May 30 2008, 12:02 AM
Vervain
post May 30 2008, 08:26 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

SLB's pay is good or should i say one of the few highest paid service company, but expect to work hard for that amount of money.

Shell's benefit is better but you have to ensure there's improvement in terms of personal capabilities where else in Petronas, the working pressure is a bit laid off and you can spend most of your time with family and friends. Well its based on my dad's years of experience with both companies, both in SSB and in Brunei as well as permanent Pet and contract based in Pet
HBK-reloaded
post Sep 3 2008, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

tis thursday i will hv an interview with petronas, in the Corporate planning&business development department, particularly Merger and acquisition..
i was told that it was structure interview with appropriate case studies, i just wonder if tis case studies are related to M&A which i hv no idea much for example asset valuation,etc..plus the salary is quite attractive too for fresh grad..i rejected bursa last week hopefully tis would be better prospect..
steventanls
post Sep 3 2008, 01:12 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(HBK-reloaded @ Sep 3 2008, 01:39 AM)
tis thursday i will hv an interview with petronas, in the Corporate planning&business development department, particularly Merger and acquisition..
i was told that it was structure interview with appropriate case studies, i just wonder if tis case studies are related to M&A which i hv no idea much for example asset valuation,etc..plus the salary is quite attractive too for fresh grad..i rejected bursa last week hopefully tis would be better prospect..
hi, how did you secure the interview with petronas? thru its "discover petronas" ? how long it took for them to contact you?
yssee85
post Sep 3 2008, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Ita a good chance, get the jobs and don't change jobs anymore.
you cannot beat the challenge outside once your in, they divided the department too much, so too little jobs is done for the bigger paid.
my uncle is in the company with RM 7k paid, he said he wanted to switch company but he scare he cant take the challenge from other private company.
he told me every day so little thing to do, 2 to 3 finish work, then surf net till 6, go home. every day like this. All up to you, A Challenging jobs? A secure jobs?
Well, im more to challenging side.. haha..
steventanls
post Sep 3 2008, 01:40 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(yssee85 @ Sep 3 2008, 01:19 PM)
Ita a good chance, get the jobs and don't change jobs anymore.
you cannot beat the challenge outside once your in, they divided the department too much, so too little jobs is done for the bigger paid.
my uncle is in the company with RM 7k paid, he said he wanted to switch company but he scare he cant take the challenge from other private company.
he told me every day so little thing to do, 2 to 3 finish work, then surf net till 6, go home. every day like this. All up to you, A Challenging jobs? A secure jobs?
Well, im more to challenging side.. haha..
yssee85, can u please ask ur uncle how can i get in? biggrin.gif
please i really need the job.
HBK-reloaded
post Sep 3 2008, 08:14 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

i apply through its website..it takes 2month finally got screening..if u can get insider,i think should be fast.. drool.gif
steventanls
post Sep 4 2008, 12:25 PM

5 posts

HBK, i wish you good luck in your interview today. awaiting your good news to share with us.
pyareaishq
post Sep 7 2008, 04:08 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(Seventh7 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:36 PM)
here are some of the benefits.

1. annual contractual bonus
2. housing loan
3. car loan
4. dental coverage $500 / year
5. Unlimited medical coverage by ING insuranse..If you  have wife and kids, they are also covered.
5. Skim persaraan..when you retired, they will give you certain amount of money..

thats all i can think about now..

and the working environment depends on your position i can say..ive seen those involve in project is quite a stress environment..

Added on March 14, 2007, 8:38 pm
where did you heard this rumours?

no such thing..i u perform and passed the assessment, you will have an equally chance with the bumis.
Hi,

I just went for 1st interview at Petronas job related to OPI(Operating Performance Improvement), i have been informed that i was shortlisted and HR will call me for the 2nd interview where i will get the assesment also/...

Pls let me knw how the assesment like?
I heard its kinda long time to wait for 2nd interview. How long that can b?

Need SiFu advice

eyez98
post Sep 7 2008, 10:03 AM

Isaactan.Net
1,521 posts

one of my target companies by next year..

pyareaishq
post Sep 12 2008, 10:22 AM

13 posts

Hi,

I just went for 1st interview at Petronas job related to OPI(Operating Performance Improvement), i have been informed that i was shortlisted and HR will call me for the 2nd interview where i will get the assessment also/...

Pls let me knw how the assessment like?
I heard its kinda long time to wait for 2nd interview (HR sloww). How long that can b?

Need SiFu advice

Added on September 12, 2008, 10:23 amHi,

I just went for 1st interview at Petronas job related to OPI(Operating Performance Improvement), i have been informed that i was shortlisted and HR will call me for the 2nd interview where i will get the assessment also/...

I heard its kinda long time to wait for 2nd interview (HR sloww). How long that can b?

Need SiFu advice

Added on September 12, 2008, 10:24 amHi,

Need SiFu advice

This post has been edited by pyareaishq: Sep 12 2008, 10:24 AM
crapp0
post Sep 12 2008, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

U dont actually work with petronas, rather you work "for" petronas.

Btw their technical engineering ppl are nearly non-existent since they outsource most of the jobs to companies like shell, exxon mobile and contractors whom my father previously worked for which was conoco.

All they do now is just become supervisor and ask us how is the status and then go back to office and do reports.

This post has been edited by crapp0: Sep 12 2008, 10:38 AM
HBK-reloaded
post Sep 12 2008, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(pyareaishq @ Sep 7 2008, 04:08 AM)
Hi,

I just went for 1st interview at Petronas job related to OPI(Operating Performance Improvement), i have been informed that i was shortlisted and HR will call me for the 2nd interview where i will get the assesment also/...

Pls let me knw how the assesment like?
I heard its kinda long time to wait for 2nd interview. How long that can b?

Need SiFu advice
i dun know bout the 1st interview,all i know its about candidate screening or so called "chit-chat" session with ur departmental officer. around 2 weeks than they will call for ur structured interview which for me its really really pressure enough. there are 3 round.. consists of case studies, role play (be careful with tis one brows.gif )and normal interview..followed by math questions and job related questions.. which can be up to 48 questions..under less than 30minutes.. overall its a very long and tired day.. rolleyes.gif
danscsa
post Sep 12 2008, 11:30 AM

Casual
402 posts

applied for petronas last week and still awaiting for a reply.....hai long wait
pyareaishq
post Sep 12 2008, 10:50 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(HBK-reloaded @ Sep 12 2008, 11:23 AM)
i dun know bout the 1st interview,all i know its about candidate screening or so called "chit-chat" session with ur departmental officer. around 2 weeks than they will call for ur structured interview which for me its really really pressure enough. there are 3 round.. consists of case studies, role play (be careful with tis one brows.gif )and normal interview..followed by math questions and job related questions.. which can be up to 48 questions..under less than 30minutes.. overall its a very long and tired day.. rolleyes.gif
Thanks alot for the info. sweat.gif No wonder they say its gonna take the whole day.
So after dat how long its take for them to get back with you?
I heard the HR very SLOW in these stuff? is dat true??

smile.gif
Scrambler
post Sep 12 2008, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

can i know how to apply work with petronas is?
btw does petronas really need high qualification for the job?
mamadox
post Sep 18 2008, 12:30 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

new fresh graduate basic salary 3.5k increase 40%
Vervain
post Sep 18 2008, 12:40 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

shocking.gif l need to change job
SUSMichi
post Sep 18 2008, 01:06 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(mamadox @ Sep 18 2008, 12:30 AM)
new fresh graduate basic salary 3.5k increase 40%
wow drool.gif
thats nice (happy.gif) so lucky to those who can enter petronas =)
btw any position for accounting grads?

128 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0344sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:53 AM