Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xiaomi Mijia Dashcam (Review)

t3n
post Apr 7 2017, 01:04 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 6 2017, 10:28 PM)
You need the Mihome app for China... The 1 from playstore is for outside of China...

I use mi app store to download mine...
[attachmentid=8703563]
I downloaded Mi Home from Play Store... Just choose the region to China and you can use the app already...
t3n
post Apr 7 2017, 01:06 PM

Regular

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 6 2017, 04:28 PM)
The darker video could be due to the firmware... Think mi need to tweak the firmware more...

Mine haven't hang yet though... Have you update the firmware of the mijia?

But 11street selling the mijia for rm230 now which is almost same as yi dashcam...

This weekend, I'll take the yi dashcam from my wife's car to do a day/night comparisons...
Bought RM 214 from Lazada after discount rclxm9.gif
blurjoey
post Apr 7 2017, 02:53 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 7 2017, 01:04 PM)
I downloaded Mi Home from Play Store... Just choose the region to China and you can use the app already...
Found out it's actually the same version... Hahaha... But Mi app store have lastest version than Playstore by 2 versions...
MeToo
post Apr 7 2017, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Heard Mijia runs hotter compared to Yi? That might be an issue with our weather?

I wish they run on cap instead of a (pseudo) battery..
blurjoey
post Apr 7 2017, 05:15 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(MeToo @ Apr 7 2017, 05:11 PM)
Heard Mijia runs hotter compared to Yi? That might be an issue with our weather?

I wish they run on cap instead of a (pseudo) battery..
Feels warm to the touch only...

The mijia is for China market... Anyway still trying to find out if it is lithium ion or lithium polymer battery in the Mijia... Polymer can tahan heat better than ion...
foongchinboon
post Apr 8 2017, 09:16 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

plan to buy this model. Any suggestion where to buy is cheaper? or how much u guy bought?
t3n
post Apr 8 2017, 11:41 AM

Regular

QUOTE(foongchinboon @ Apr 8 2017, 09:16 AM)
plan to buy this model. Any suggestion where to buy is cheaper? or how much u guy bought?
Lazada got sell rm239.. if use citibank credit card can buy at rm214..
blurjoey
post Apr 8 2017, 10:32 PM

Sumo Hammy!

Testing... Hm...

Attached Image

foongchinboon
post Apr 9 2017, 08:08 AM

Casual

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 8 2017, 11:41 AM)
Lazada got sell rm239.. if use citibank credit card can buy at rm214..
thanks t3n, bought it with RM215.10 at Lazada (only able to grab the 10% discount) smile.gif
eddie2020
post Apr 9 2017, 08:34 AM

Trusted

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 4 2017, 01:45 PM)
yes the card will auto rewrite every 2 days base on your situation... Just buy a good SD card to avoid SD card premature damage... Avoid Sandisk Ultra...
I using 1 year plus already seems OK for SanDisk
QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 6 2017, 10:13 AM)
Here you go! It's in the wifi settings screen. FYI -  The wifi password will change after update firmware.

Got more screenshot of the translated menus in my blog
user posted image

https://jwtechsite.wordpress.com/2017/03/22...-mijia-dashcam/

At the moment, the mounting hole looks proprietary...
Don't think can as all the settings in the Mijia and the MiHome app is limited...
Search for Mi Home in the App store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mi-home-xia...d957323480?mt=8
Sandisk Ultra can't last long when used in dashcams. Too much writing to the card.

When you're using your Eken H9R, it's only recording the video when you asked it to and stop when you asked it to.

Dashcam is recording when you start your car until you off your car in 1/3/5 minutes files until the card is full. Then overwrite the older files when full. If you use your Eken H9R as a dashcam, your sandisk ultra will eventually die also.

Eventhough both is cameras but the 2 is different types of cameras.

I have 2 Sandisk Ultra 32gb and 64gb died when used in my dashcams. Was working fine on my phones before cause less read and write.

Anyway, now Sandisk doesn't cover warranty when their cards is used in dashcam or any surveillance cam...

I stopped buying Sandisk d... Now use mostly Samsung Evo+ and Netac cards...
Your SanDisk died after how long using? Btw if it dies how SanDisk know what we used it for? Current price SanDisk cheapest to get rite.? Rm30+- can get 32gb card
t3n
post Apr 9 2017, 10:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Apr 9 2017, 08:34 AM)

Your SanDisk died after how long using? Btw if it dies how SanDisk know what we used it for? Current price SanDisk cheapest to get rite.? Rm30+- can get 32gb card
When the Sandisk damage, it will goes into write protected mode which means u can't delete or write any new files anymore but you still can see what is in the micro sd card..
t3n
post Apr 9 2017, 10:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 8 2017, 10:32 PM)
Testing... Hm...

Attached Image
Is it safe to stick the camera on the black dot dot on the windscreen? I used to stick the plastic protector on the black dot dot but after few days the whole thing fell off.. now i just direct stick the mount onto the black dot..
btjunkster
post Apr 9 2017, 10:17 AM

Group: Newbie

Anyone knows if this model have lane assist and distance warning like the previous XiaoMi dashcam?
lionelchia1986
post Apr 9 2017, 11:42 AM

Getting Started

Following
blurjoey
post Apr 9 2017, 12:37 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Apr 9 2017, 08:34 AM)

If remember correctly, less than a year in my S3 and Note3 then a few months in dashcams before it died...

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 9 2017, 10:04 AM)
When the Sandisk damage, it will goes into write protected mode which means u can't delete or write any new files anymore but you still can see what is in the micro sd card..
Mine totally cannot read at all... Windows says unable detect...

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 9 2017, 10:09 AM)
Is it safe to stick the camera on the black dot dot on the windscreen? I used to stick the plastic protector on the black dot dot but after few days the whole thing fell off.. now i just direct stick the mount onto the black dot..
Actually can stick if using tape mount. Suction mount will fall off as in there have spaces under the tint... In the got sun, the air expand so there is a not a very flat surface for the suction mount to grip on...

QUOTE(btjunkster @ Apr 9 2017, 10:17 AM)
Anyone knows if this model have lane assist and distance warning like the previous XiaoMi dashcam?
Nope... It doesn't... Anyway the lane assist and distance warning only good when highway driving... City driving, it gives false warnings...
nimeewon
post Apr 9 2017, 05:16 PM

Casual

hi guys,

can't decide between Mijia and Xiaoyi dash cam. any reco? Since price is almost the same.

Also, I've been looking around and found out that there is many version of Xiaoyi (power, international). What's the difference other than the interface language? From some descriptions on the selling pages I see, the Power has lower fps rate than the international? Also I found out that the older version of the Xiaoyi is clearer than the newer ones? Does this have anything to do with firmware updates? I've been researching all night but still kelam kabut. rclxub.gif
t3n
post Apr 9 2017, 06:31 PM

Regular

QUOTE(nimeewon @ Apr 9 2017, 05:16 PM)
hi guys,

can't decide between Mijia and Xiaoyi dash cam. any reco? Since price is almost the same.

Also, I've been looking around and found out that there is many version of Xiaoyi (power, international). What's the difference other than the interface language? From some descriptions on the selling pages I see, the Power has lower fps rate than the international? Also I found out that the older version of the Xiaoyi is clearer than the newer ones? Does this have anything to do with firmware updates? I've been researching all night but still kelam kabut.  rclxub.gif
Wait TS do comparision video between mijia and xiaoyi.. coming soon..
blurjoey
post Apr 9 2017, 09:08 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(nimeewon @ Apr 9 2017, 05:16 PM)
hi guys,

Also, I've been looking around and found out that there is many version of Xiaoyi (power, international). What's the difference other than the interface language? From some descriptions on the selling pages I see, the Power has lower fps rate than the international? Also I found out that the older version of the Xiaoyi is clearer than the newer ones? Does this have anything to do with firmware updates? I've been researching all night but still kelam kabut.  rclxub.gif
Here you go...
user posted image

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 9 2017, 06:31 PM)
Wait TS do comparision video between mijia and xiaoyi.. coming soon..
All the day and night videos are recorded... Now got to learn how to do a side by side video first... Paiseh... Any video editing sifu can guide?
nimeewon
post Apr 9 2017, 09:31 PM

Casual

Is the 3m or suction cup better?
eddie2020
post Apr 10 2017, 12:49 AM

Trusted

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 9 2017, 10:04 AM)
Format?

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0853sec    3.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 12:06 AM