Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xiaomi Mijia Dashcam (Review)

blurjoey
post Mar 31 2017, 09:59 AM

Sumo Hammy!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(t3n @ Mar 30 2017, 11:50 PM)
Actually there is a comparision video between mijia and yi on the you tube.. Find yourself, coz i dont wan to hijack TS thread hehe...

From the video, mijia is much more clearer than yi.. day or night mijia still a clear winner..
I think I got share that video in the dashcam thread in fast and furious section... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I know some want to see latest and local vid comparisons...
t3n
post Mar 31 2017, 11:16 AM

Regular

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Mar 31 2017, 09:59 AM)
I think I got share that video in the dashcam thread in fast and furious section... laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif I know some want to see latest and local vid comparisons...
So do it!!! haha.. hope you post it asap rclxms.gif
I also wanna see the vs biggrin.gif
Dwango
post Apr 2 2017, 08:18 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

What video resolution do you guys usually set for everyday driving? I watched some videos here and only the 720p gives clear and sharp video quality. 360p is not clear and rather blurry.
blurjoey
post Apr 2 2017, 11:48 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Dwango @ Apr 2 2017, 08:18 AM)
What video resolution do you guys usually set for everyday driving? I watched some videos here and only the 720p gives clear and sharp video quality. 360p is not clear and rather blurry.
Minimum nowadays is 1080p... 720p was long time ago... Anyway minia dashcam only have 1080p 30fps resolution...
Dwango
post Apr 3 2017, 07:34 AM

Casual

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 2 2017, 11:48 AM)
Minimum nowadays is 1080p... 720p was long time ago... Anyway minia dashcam only have 1080p 30fps resolution...
I see. But 1080p will take up considerably more storage. Usually a full storage of video will last how many days before they have to be deleted for new videos? Assuming you are on the road for 3 hours average a day. With 1080p video, how many days will it take for the storage to reach full capacity? If it is 9 hours, then by 3 days the old videos will have to be deleted to make way for new videos.
blurjoey
post Apr 3 2017, 09:40 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Dwango @ Apr 3 2017, 07:34 AM)
I see. But 1080p will take up considerably more storage. Usually a full storage of video will last how many days before they have to be deleted for new videos? Assuming you are on the road for 3 hours average a day. With 1080p video, how many days will it take for the storage to reach full capacity? If it is 9 hours, then by 3 days the old videos will have to be deleted to make way for new videos.
To calculate on how long a sd card can store is depends on the sd card size and the bit rate of the video...

To calculate, take the sd card capacity in GB, divide it by the bit rate, and multiply the result by 2. The result is 10% less than the actual recording time as this is a quick formula.

Mijia dashcam has an overall bit rate of 16.3 Mb/s.

32gb roughly about 4 hours & 64gb about 9 hours...

Most dashcams can only use 32gb but only a handful of newer dashcams can use 64gb or 128gb sd cards...

Dwango
post Apr 4 2017, 11:32 AM

Casual

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 3 2017, 09:40 AM)
To calculate on how long a sd card can store is depends on the sd card size and the bit rate of the video...

To calculate, take the sd card capacity in GB, divide it by the bit rate, and multiply the result by 2. The result is 10% less than the actual recording time as this is a quick formula.

Mijia dashcam has an overall bit rate of 16.3 Mb/s.

32gb roughly about 4 hours & 64gb about 9 hours...

Most dashcams can only use 32gb but only a handful of newer dashcams can use 64gb or 128gb sd cards...
Right, thanks. So for this Mijia, if the SD card in the Mijia is 32GB, when recording in 1080p the SD card can only fit 4 hours of video? That means the card will have to re-write the videos in every 2 days assuming that the driver is on the road for an average 2 hours a day.
t3n
post Apr 4 2017, 01:45 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Dwango @ Apr 4 2017, 11:32 AM)
Right, thanks. So for this Mijia, if the SD card in the Mijia is 32GB, when recording in 1080p the SD card can only fit 4 hours of video? That means the card will have to re-write the videos in every 2 days assuming that the driver is on the road for an average 2 hours a day.
yes the card will auto rewrite every 2 days base on your situation... Just buy a good SD card to avoid SD card premature damage... Avoid Sandisk Ultra...
weilik
post Apr 5 2017, 05:57 PM

Hi I've just got my Mijia.

However, can anyone let me know where can I get the password to login to the cam using Mi Home app?

BTW, are there any third party portable mount for two-car usage?

This post has been edited by weilik: Apr 5 2017, 06:03 PM
t3n
post Apr 6 2017, 08:05 AM

Regular

QUOTE(weilik @ Apr 5 2017, 05:57 PM)

However, can anyone let me know where can I get the password to login to the cam using Mi Home app?

use the wifi password in the setting....

This post has been edited by t3n: Apr 6 2017, 08:06 AM
t3n
post Apr 6 2017, 08:06 AM

Regular

blurjoey is there anyway to fully utilize the sd card for normal recording only? Right now i have around 20GB for normal recording and 10 GB for emergency recording... So theoretically I only have 20 GB space for recording which is too little...

This post has been edited by t3n: Apr 6 2017, 08:09 AM
NLCH880215
post Apr 6 2017, 08:13 AM

Getting Started

hi i just got mine yesterday, is there anyone connect it with iphone which apps did you ppl use to connect i download the one in it user manual but i didn see the mijia dashcam in the apps..
xswatch
post Apr 6 2017, 08:26 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 4 2017, 01:45 PM)
yes the card will auto rewrite every 2 days base on your situation... Just buy a good SD card to avoid SD card premature damage... Avoid Sandisk Ultra...
y avoid sandisk ultra? is it no gooding? warranty 10yrs maa. last time I use 4gb for 2yrs on cheap dvr. after 2yrs it's spoiled, claim warranty but sandisk Malaysia no more 4gb card, they gimme 8gb (twice capacity) for replacement. now using 32gb for my eken h9r, so far so gooding for me. as long as u keep the receipt for 10yrs, u r good to go with sandisk. usually, after I buy something, I quickly snap picture of the receipt then email it to myself. that way, I can just throw away the receipt. if want to claim, just search inside my email. hehe
t3n
post Apr 6 2017, 10:00 AM

Regular

QUOTE(xswatch @ Apr 6 2017, 08:26 AM)
y avoid sandisk ultra? is it no gooding? warranty 10yrs maa. last time I use 4gb for 2yrs on cheap dvr. after 2yrs it's spoiled, claim warranty but sandisk Malaysia no more 4gb card, they gimme 8gb (twice capacity) for replacement. now using 32gb for my eken h9r, so far so gooding for me. as long as u keep the receipt for 10yrs, u r good to go with sandisk. usually, after I buy something, I quickly snap picture of the receipt then email it to myself. that way, I can just throw away the receipt. if want to claim, just search inside my email. hehe
they accept softcopy receipt?

This post has been edited by t3n: Apr 6 2017, 10:00 AM
blurjoey
post Apr 6 2017, 10:13 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(weilik @ Apr 5 2017, 05:57 PM)

Here you go! It's in the wifi settings screen. FYI - The wifi password will change after update firmware.

Got more screenshot of the translated menus in my blog
user posted image

https://jwtechsite.wordpress.com/2017/03/22...-mijia-dashcam/

At the moment, the mounting hole looks proprietary...

QUOTE(t3n @ Apr 6 2017, 08:06 AM)
blurjoey is there anyway to fully utilize the sd card for normal recording only? Right now i have around 20GB for normal recording and 10 GB for emergency recording... So theoretically I only have 20 GB space for recording which is too little...
Don't think can as all the settings in the Mijia and the MiHome app is limited...

QUOTE(NLCH880215 @ Apr 6 2017, 08:13 AM)
hi i just got mine yesterday, is there anyone connect it with iphone which apps did you ppl use to connect i download the one in it user manual but i didn see the mijia dashcam in the apps..
Search for Mi Home in the App store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mi-home-xia...d957323480?mt=8

QUOTE(xswatch @ Apr 6 2017, 08:26 AM)
Sandisk Ultra can't last long when used in dashcams. Too much writing to the card.

When you're using your Eken H9R, it's only recording the video when you asked it to and stop when you asked it to.

Dashcam is recording when you start your car until you off your car in 1/3/5 minutes files until the card is full. Then overwrite the older files when full. If you use your Eken H9R as a dashcam, your sandisk ultra will eventually die also.

Eventhough both is cameras but the 2 is different types of cameras.

I have 2 Sandisk Ultra 32gb and 64gb died when used in my dashcams. Was working fine on my phones before cause less read and write.

Anyway, now Sandisk doesn't cover warranty when their cards is used in dashcam or any surveillance cam...

I stopped buying Sandisk d... Now use mostly Samsung Evo+ and Netac cards...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 6 2017, 11:27 AM
xavi5567
post Apr 6 2017, 03:57 PM

\(●'β„«'●)/

I somehow felt mijia cam is overated compare to xiaoyi.. spec by spec the xiaoyi offer more, angle shot xiaoyi is wider, mijia is much contrast compare to xiaoyi, at the same parking lot, mijia always very dark 1, but xiaoyi u can see clearer... then the notification light at mijia is at the side, very difficult to see whether it is recording or not.. there was 1 time it hang up for a good 1hr only found out when wife notify why screen dark but light got backlight.. then tekan tekan all no response.. need to reset. if xiaoyi at least u as driver u directly can see infront there is two diode notifying us.. but it was just my 2 cent after having these two dash cam.. mijia is also much more expensive than xiaoyi youth edition.
blurjoey
post Apr 6 2017, 04:28 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Apr 6 2017, 03:57 PM)
I somehow felt mijia cam is overated compare to xiaoyi.. spec by spec the xiaoyi offer more, angle shot xiaoyi is wider, mijia is much contrast compare to xiaoyi, at the same parking lot, mijia always very dark 1, but xiaoyi u can see clearer... then the notification light at mijia is at the side, very difficult to see whether it is recording or not.. there was 1 time it hang up for a good 1hr only found out when wife notify why screen dark but light got backlight.. then tekan tekan all no response.. need to reset. if xiaoyi at least u as driver u directly can see infrontΒ  there is two diode notifying us.. but it was just my 2 cent after having these two dash cam.. mijia is also much more expensive than xiaoyi youth edition.
The darker video could be due to the firmware... Think mi need to tweak the firmware more...

Mine haven't hang yet though... Have you update the firmware of the mijia?

But 11street selling the mijia for rm230 now which is almost same as yi dashcam...

This weekend, I'll take the yi dashcam from my wife's car to do a day/night comparisons...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 6 2017, 04:35 PM
xavi5567
post Apr 6 2017, 05:39 PM

\(●'β„«'●)/

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 6 2017, 04:28 PM)
The darker video could be due to the firmware... Think mi need to tweak the firmware more...

Mine haven't hang yet though... Have you update the firmware of the mijia?

But 11street selling the mijia for rm230 now which is almost same as yi dashcam...

This weekend, I'll take the yi dashcam from my wife's car to do a day/night comparisons...
yea update to version 1.08... got any further new version kah? the app from android hor... if download from google play is different 1... have to download from the qr code 1.. I have issue detecting the mijia cam if using the mijia app from google play...
blurjoey
post Apr 6 2017, 10:28 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(xavi5567 @ Apr 6 2017, 05:39 PM)
yea update to version 1.08... got any further new version kah? the app from android hor... if download from google play is different 1... have to download from the qr code 1.. I have issue detecting the mijia cam if using the mijia app from google play...
You need the Mihome app for China... The 1 from playstore is for outside of China...

I use mi app store to download mine...
Attached Image

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 6 2017, 10:44 PM
abu.shofwan
post Apr 7 2017, 08:00 AM

Enthusiast

parking for awesome thread

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version