3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Men Hair Loss, Advice needed

views

TSdarrdarr
post Mar 20 2017, 02:16 PM, updated 7y ago

5 posts

Hi,

Is there any recommended (effective) shampoo to be used for men hair loss? male pattern baldness to be exact, age 30.

Preferred if you have use before and can recommend based on your feedback.

I hope if you can share certain useful lifestyle or diet to help in this as well.

Thank you.
itekderp
post Mar 20 2017, 03:37 PM

On my way
674 posts

A lot of it is due to genetics. Ever imagined what it's like to be bald?
TSdarrdarr
post Mar 20 2017, 05:14 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Mar 20 2017, 03:37 PM)
A lot of it is due to genetics. Ever imagined what it's like to be bald?
#foreveralone ?
SUSVape [On]
post Mar 20 2017, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,098 posts

Look at your father
itekderp
post Mar 20 2017, 05:17 PM

On my way
674 posts

QUOTE(darrdarr @ Mar 20 2017, 05:14 PM)
#foreveralone ?
A lot of women like bald men what. What you worry.
TSdarrdarr
post Mar 20 2017, 05:30 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(Vape On @ Mar 20 2017, 05:15 PM)
Look at your father
I thought mine is genetic but my dad and mum, although they have hair loss too but not as young as me. their hair starts to lose after 50 years and my dad is not male pattern baldness but rather random, not specific to one part only.

QUOTE(itekderp @ Mar 20 2017, 05:17 PM)
A lot of women like bald men what. What you worry.
if the bald men are rich.
itekderp
post Mar 20 2017, 05:31 PM

On my way
674 posts

QUOTE(darrdarr @ Mar 20 2017, 05:30 PM)
I thought mine is genetic but my dad and mum, although they have hair loss too but not as young as me. their hair starts to lose after 50 years and my dad is not male pattern baldness but rather random, not specific to one part only.
if the bald men are rich.
See, there's your problem. You think like that, cannot see the big picture of course end up as loser what.
TSdarrdarr
post Mar 20 2017, 05:46 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(itekderp @ Mar 20 2017, 05:31 PM)
See, there's your problem. You think like that, cannot see the big picture of course end up as loser what.
hmmm... maybe i should be more optimistic then. but still, i wanna cure my hair loss issue regardless got people want me or not..
ariffdude
post Mar 20 2017, 05:55 PM

On my way
628 posts

Get buff and swole, then the chicks wouldn't mind the baldness.
McF7y
post Mar 23 2017, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(darrdarr @ Mar 20 2017, 02:16 PM)
Hi,

Is there any recommended (effective) shampoo to be used for men hair loss? male pattern baldness to be exact, age 30.

I hope if you can share certain useful lifestyle or diet to help in this as well.

Thank you.
Hey buddy (firstly, sorry if this is too long to read),

Hope all is well on your end. I can understand what you may be going through; although truthfully we experience things differently as individuals. Some of us may not think too much about this issue while others may want to resolve it to the best of their abilities.

Firstly, may I ask how you know you are experiencing male pattern baldness? Did you consult with a dermatologist or was it mainly googling about male baldness and looking in the mirror?

I am no expert in this field but I would like to share a little of what I've experienced with this issue.

My first recommendation is to go see a dermatologist; because that is what I did.

I've always had a widows peak (and still do) and I'm not sure how to describe my hair type but I guess you could say that it is moderately thick but the individual hair strands are fine. You'll see others with a lot of hair AND their individuals strands are super thick like fibre optic cable thick (a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea). Those guys are blessed, let me tell you that.

So when I was younger like in my teens, I didn't know what a widow's peak was and I when I reached my mid to late teens my friends kept teasing me that I was going to lose my hair by my mid 20s because of the widow's peak 'v' line they saw on my hairline. Most of my friends had straight hair lines so maybe that's why my widow's peak kinda stood out?

Anyway, I didn't do much research but instead got worried about losing my hair by my 20s. So I tried all sorts of stuff, from thickening shampoos to ointments to hair tonics and on the diet end I ate biotin, lots of greens, soya milk what have you.

Thankfully my hair stayed with me throughout my 20s and I figured maybe it was because I tried all that stuff - is why it stayed with me.

Then there was a particular time in my late 20s just pushing 30 that work got really stressful and I myself noticed my hair thinning. I panicked of course, I thought heck, maybe my friends were right but they were just a decade wrong on the timeline haha.

First thing I did was went to the hair care centres and it may work for some people but I highly doubt those who diagnosed me were doctors or dermatologists. All they did was take the magnifier and look at my scalp, told me something along the lines of 'most people with thick hair have two or more strands per root' and I only had one strand per root and it is a sign of balding/thinning. But their package and treatment cost too much so I didn't even go for it.

I decided to do something about it and visited this dermatologist in KL, on Jalan Imbi. I can give you the name via PM if you'd like, or if you google 'Jalan Imbi Dermatologist' the clinic name will show up. He told me that actually it is hard to say whether I am truly experiencing male pattern baldness, but that there definitely is some thinning going on. He said not to worry and prescribed me with 5% Minoxidil to start with.

Thankfully the Minoxidil worked because my family and friends actually noticed something different about my hair although they kept saying they could not really pin-point it. I only went to the dermatologist a second time for a follow up consultation and second bottle of minoxidil. After that I bought minoxidil from Mudah and thankfully no issues so far.

If you are concerned about side-effects, it's better to see a dermatologist, thankfully I had none except that my eye brows got thicker and longer brows.gif which I'm not complaining about. Also, about how long you have to use it, well, they say basically it's not a cure and you'd have to keep using it or the thinning will start again. There was a period between 2014-2016 that I didn't use it for close to a year and a half because I wanted to test whether the thinning would start again and thankfully it didn't. Now I use it sparingly, like 2-3 times a week sometimes I skip a few weeks.

At the same time, I was also researching shampoos to combat thinning and among the many options, I tried Nioxin. So far these two have worked for me. The Nioxin I don't use everyday because it is expensive for a shampoo, I use other brands on the days I don't use Nioxin.

Diet wise, biotin I have stopped because I didn't really see the differences.

Hope this helps bro and again, sorry if too long to read.

PM me if you have any questions.

All the best and I hope you manage to find a solution.
HairMax+ Malaysia
post Mar 30 2017, 03:14 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(darrdarr @ Mar 20 2017, 02:16 PM)
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi darrdarr,

Please check out HairMax+ Malaysia on Facebook. Our products are easy to use, cheap and results can be seen within 2 to 3 weeks.
Https://www.facebook.com/hairmaxplusmalaysia
#hairlosssolution #naturalingredients #chemicalfree #nontoxic #fastresults

Regards,
Sean
HairMax+ Marketing Executive

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Ewww!
post Apr 9 2017, 04:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,010 posts

CG210 Hair And Scalp Essence is pretty effective i heard
user posted image

This post has been edited by Ewww!: Apr 9 2017, 04:56 AM
crabjim
post Apr 10 2017, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Go to De Quarter Hair Studio at Kota Damansara. I bet the help you are looking for is there. The manager has 20+ years of experience dealing with hair thinning problem. My brother went there to get consultation. It's located opposite chilli pan mee. Just say Jimmy recommended you there.
ftf87
post Apr 10 2017, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Side effect is only eyebrow getting longer and thicker? Will we get longer hair in arms, legs and other funny places?

This post has been edited by ftf87: Apr 10 2017, 03:05 PM
McF7y
post Apr 11 2017, 06:44 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(ftf87 @ Apr 10 2017, 03:05 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Side effect is only eyebrow getting longer and thicker? Will we get longer hair in arms, legs and other funny places?
Haha, that's a good point! However, for me at least, no increase in amount or length of hair in funny places. So far just my eyebrows.

I think firstly different people respond differently to the drug and secondly the solution is only applied topically and it doesn't get into the bloodstream so it's not being circulated throughout the body.
*7*
post Apr 20 2017, 08:26 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(McF7y @ Mar 23 2017, 08:58 AM)
Hey buddy (firstly, sorry if this is too long to read),

Hope all is well on your end. I can understand what you may be going through; although truthfully we experience things differently as individuals. Some of us may not think too much about this issue while others may want to resolve it to the best of their abilities.

Firstly, may I ask how you know you are experiencing male pattern baldness? Did you consult with a dermatologist or was it mainly googling about male baldness and looking in the mirror?

I am no expert in this field but I would like to share a little of what I've experienced with this issue.

My first recommendation is to go see a dermatologist; because that is what I did.

I've always had a widows peak (and still do) and I'm not sure how to describe my hair type but I guess you could say that it is moderately thick but the individual hair strands are fine. You'll see others with a lot of hair AND their individuals strands are super thick like fibre optic cable thick (a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea). Those guys are blessed, let me tell you that.

So when I was younger like in my teens, I didn't know what a widow's peak was and I when I reached my mid to late teens my friends kept teasing me that I was going to lose my hair by my mid 20s because of the widow's peak 'v' line they saw on my hairline. Most of my friends had straight hair lines so maybe that's why my widow's peak kinda stood out?

Anyway, I didn't do much research but instead got worried about losing my hair by my 20s. So I tried all sorts of stuff, from thickening shampoos to ointments to hair tonics and on the diet end I ate biotin, lots of greens, soya milk what have you.

Thankfully my hair stayed with me throughout my 20s and I figured maybe it was because I tried all that stuff - is why it stayed with me.

Then there was a particular time in my late 20s just pushing 30 that work got really stressful and I myself noticed my hair thinning. I panicked of course, I thought heck, maybe my friends were right but they were just a decade wrong on the timeline haha.

First thing I did was went to the hair care centres and it may work for some people but I highly doubt those who diagnosed me were doctors or dermatologists. All they did was take the magnifier and look at my scalp, told me something along the lines of 'most people with thick hair have two or more strands per root' and I only had one strand per root and it is a sign of balding/thinning. But their package and treatment cost too much so I didn't even go for it.

I decided to do something about it and visited this dermatologist in KL, on Jalan Imbi. I can give you the name via PM if you'd like, or if you google 'Jalan Imbi Dermatologist' the clinic name will show up. He told me that actually it is hard to say whether I am truly experiencing male pattern baldness, but that there definitely is some thinning going on. He said not to worry and prescribed me with 5% Minoxidil to start with.

Thankfully the Minoxidil worked because my family and friends actually noticed something different about my hair although they kept saying they could not really pin-point it. I only went to the dermatologist a second time for a follow up consultation and second bottle of minoxidil. After that I bought minoxidil from Mudah and thankfully no issues so far.

If you are concerned about side-effects, it's better to see a dermatologist, thankfully I had none except that my eye brows got thicker and longer  brows.gif which I'm not complaining about. Also, about how long you have to use it, well, they say basically it's not a cure and you'd have to keep using it or the thinning will start again. There was a period between 2014-2016 that I didn't use it for close to a year and a half because I wanted to test whether the thinning would start again and thankfully it didn't. Now I use it sparingly, like 2-3 times a week sometimes I skip a few weeks.

At the same time, I was also researching shampoos to combat thinning and among the many options, I tried Nioxin. So far these two have worked for me. The Nioxin I don't use everyday because it is expensive for a shampoo, I use other brands on the days I don't use Nioxin.

Diet wise, biotin I have stopped because I didn't really see the differences.

Hope this helps bro and again, sorry if too long to read.

PM me if you have any questions.

All the best and I hope you manage to find a solution.
any negative side effect on men sexual system? i asked coz hairstylist recommend taking pills but he said will affect your manlyhood down there
TSdarrdarr
post Apr 20 2017, 11:08 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(*7* @ Apr 20 2017, 08:26 PM)
any negative side effect on men sexual system? i asked coz hairstylist recommend taking pills but he said will affect your manlyhood down there
if you are not taking the right dose, yes it will. this is what the doctor told me too. but again, i am not sure what is the right dose because as far as i know, the pill is used to decrease the men hormone. better ask from different doctors before taking it.
McF7y
post Apr 21 2017, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(*7* @ Apr 20 2017, 08:26 PM)
So far no negative side-effects bro. Minoxidil is used topically and not ingested. Even I would be more careful if it comes down to ingesting supplements etc.
Strength
post Sep 3 2017, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

I'd rather shave bald than taking pills or treatments that can cause side effects.
sonypshomer
post Sep 5 2017, 01:01 PM

Regular
1,577 posts

user posted image

After i use this one, less hair caught on the floor outlet cover

user posted image

This post has been edited by sonypshomer: Sep 5 2017, 01:01 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled