39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taoism, Tao discussion thead

views

TSconxtion
post Sep 22 2017, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

True. Up to the 16th century, science and magic were indistinguishable. Science at that time was called "natural magic".
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

From my understanding, Tao is the Way of Natural.

This post has been edited by JasonAubama: Sep 23 2017, 12:18 PM
empatTan
post Sep 23 2017, 12:36 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(fkmfkm @ Sep 23 2017, 11:04 AM)
what did Tao mentioned about physics ?
Yr question terbalik... wat does modern physics say about d Tao...
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 12:55 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

From Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hocking to Quantum Physics, there are many discoveries that benefited to mankind. From unknown to known, the Natural exists & new frontier kept expanding. When Lao Tzu 老子 wrote the Tao De Jing 道德經,he just use the Tao 道 to discribe as the Natural way. The recent Gravitational Wave discovery of LIGO project used extensive TaiQi 太極 concept. Is that your question?
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 01:40 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

55% or 4 billion of human being belongs to Abrahamic religions 亞伯拉罕諸教 believed their only God made every things. Most of the top scientists do not believe in God & Oriental philosophy inclusive Tao is their favorite leads.
sportivo
post Sep 23 2017, 01:52 PM

31 posts

Taoism presently is pseudo Tao created by Zhang Tian-Shi
Wiki source
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

That is religion organization, ZhengYi 正一道教,their top reference is Lao Tzu Tao De Jing 老子道德經。
My dad is the student of 63th Celestial Master Zhang 第六十三代天師張恩溥 in Southeast Asia.

https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/張恩溥

This post has been edited by JasonAubama: Sep 23 2017, 02:18 PM
redisthcan
post Sep 23 2017, 02:40 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ Mar 13 2017, 10:47 AM)
definitely a religion

here we practice a mix of buddhism and taoism..

but i always consider buddhism to be non-religion..
There is no such thing as a mix of Buddhism and Taoism.

What you are encountering is actually a third religion known at Shenism or Chinese folk religion, which predates both Buddhism and Taoism but incorporates some elements of both, interpreting them in its own unique way that both religions often find heretical.
redisthcan
post Sep 23 2017, 02:41 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(conxtion @ Mar 13 2017, 10:42 AM)
Tao  ...  Taoism
Sometimes spelt Dao  ...  Daoism

What are they?  Let's discuss here.
1. Your understanding of what Tao and Taoism are
2. Your experiences of Tao and Taoism
3. What you heard from others / read from somewhere .. about Tao and Taoism
4. Various Taoism practices worldwide
5. Is Taoism a religion?
Taoism is a religion that is often mistaken for the religion that I practice.

People need to realise that not all non Buddhist Chinese religious practices are Taoist practices, and that Taoism actually rejects the existence of many commonly prayed to Chinese gods.
empatTan
post Sep 23 2017, 05:04 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(fkmfkm @ Sep 23 2017, 01:11 PM)
ah ok...what is modern physics say about Tao ?
Donno haha

But Niels Bohr, one of modern physics founders, adopted d Tao Yin Yang symbol as his personal symbol. That says a lot...
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

According to the big bang theory, all the matter in the universe erupted from a singularity. Time, Space, Matter, Energy all begins at this single point.
Back in 2,700years ago, human technology & knowledge so much immature but yet, Lao Tzu clearly described the Tao & where he acquired his knowledge?
The shining stars we see could be millions light years away where we are looking at “history”?
From my point of view, spacetime & Quantum Physics of Entanglement could help us better understand Tao soon.
JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(conxtion @ Mar 13 2017, 10:42 AM)
Tao  ...  Taoism
Sometimes spelt Dao  ...  Daoism

What are they?  Let's discuss here.
1. Your understanding of what Tao and Taoism are
2. Your experiences of Tao and Taoism
3. What you heard from others / read from somewhere .. about Tao and Taoism
4. Various Taoism practices worldwide
5. Is Taoism a religion?
My uncle in-law was in USA for decades & we have totally lost contact for years. Out of sudden, his friend managed to call us & we had a video conferencing where he was in hospital for years. I knew that is our bon voyage & encouraged to leave the world bravely. Within half a day, he rested in peace.
My wife asked to organize a Tao Ritual to salvage him where all my Taoist seniors felt uncomfortable as the body in USA.
I took the full responsibility as the Ritual Leader & organise the ceremony as normal. As soon as our ritual begun, his soul arrived without boundary of space & one of my public company’s CFO relative told my wife where he is. Both my son & daughter already sensed it (inherited from my family) where the Ritual run smoothly with peace of mind. Thanks to all the relevant officers beyond conctributed to the suscessful event 😅

JasonAubama
post Sep 23 2017, 09:41 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

I tends to explore Tao at philosophy height instead of religion level which is rather strict forward. As a junior Taoist at mainstream (63th Celestial Master Zhang is my Grand Guru 張恩溥是我的師公), I would like to learn from each of you to expand insightful knowledge with open mind.
TSconxtion
post Sep 24 2017, 01:28 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

Oh wow, so many family members have the ability to sense. Great !!!

Do you have a temple or meeting place where one can learn more?

Furthermore, does one need to be able to read Chinese?

Thanks.

QUOTE(JasonAubama @ Sep 23 2017, 06:39 PM)
My uncle in-law was in USA for decades & we have totally lost contact for years. Out of sudden, his friend managed to call us & we had a video conferencing where he was in hospital for years. I knew that is our bon voyage & encouraged to leave the world bravely. Within half a day, he rested in peace.
My wife asked to organize a Tao Ritual to salvage him where all my Taoist seniors felt uncomfortable as the body in USA.
I took the full responsibility as the Ritual Leader & organise the ceremony as normal. As soon as our ritual begun, his soul arrived without boundary of space & one of my public company’s CFO relative told my wife where he is. Both my son & daughter already sensed it (inherited from my family) where the Ritual run smoothly with peace of mind. Thanks to all the relevant officers beyond conctributed to the suscessful event 😅
empatTan
post Sep 24 2017, 02:54 AM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(fkmfkm @ Sep 23 2017, 11:45 PM)
says a lot of what ?
Sigh... is it my England bad or yours...?...
JasonAubama
post Sep 24 2017, 07:28 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(conxtion @ Sep 24 2017, 01:28 AM)
Do you have a temple or meeting place where one can learn more?

Furthermore, does one need to be able to read Chinese?

We have no temple & I have temporary on leave for service led to severe lungs infection.
Traditional Chinese Characters is a must.
JasonAubama
post Sep 24 2017, 09:07 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

There are 1,000+ Professional Cantonese Taoist Master scattered in Hong Kong, Macao, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore. We have close coordination in the past 60 years for mutual improvement & upholding the continuity of Tao Practice. We are providing service in major Temple Ceremonies, ZhongYuan PuDu, Feneral Service & others.
AznRicy
post Sep 24 2017, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(conxtion @ Mar 13 2017, 02:25 PM)
Come to think of it, there used to be some great swordsman movies regarding Taoist Wudang and Huashan warriors.
Zzz. U watch too much C-drama.

The Way of Tao.

Elixir of Life! drool.gif

JasonAubama
post Sep 24 2017, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Understanding of Yin/Yang is vital, just like in Physics +/- equal forces Co-exist for equilibrium balance or harmony.
gonfeeces
post Sep 24 2017, 08:53 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

sun wu kong is Taoism?

39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0292sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th May 2020 - 09:01 AM