Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maxis Surfmore 30 change to Maxis ValueSurf 2, RM38 for 3gb data per month

HippyTony
post Mar 9 2017, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(CTU @ Mar 9 2017, 01:10 PM)
Well of course the GB has gond up but for customers like me, i have 5 supplementary lines under me, that's an increase of RM40. My supplementary lines are used by parents who just use wifi at home and then the 1gb was enuf. I was already planning to port to celcom bfore this. Now think i might just do it.
Don't mind me asking, have you tested Celcom network at your place? It may show 4G but the speed is really slow at my place.
chanmickey
post Mar 9 2017, 06:01 PM

QUOTE(stevenX @ Mar 1 2017, 04:59 PM)
So, the new surfmore upgrade to RM38 with 3GB ?

Does it have unlimited call and sms as well. ?
No it's just rm38 for 3gb data. Unlimited calls and SMS between family lines only.

Not worth it. Go for digi rm28 supplementary line. Rm28 for 3gb data 50 minutes all network. 50 sms all network. Free SMS and calls between family.

I just switched all my family lines to digi. With Maxis nearly 20 years. Only when I submitted for port out they called me to counter offer. Don't bother listen the offer is not worth it.

Maxis is indirectly trying to up their arpu by forcing everyone to take high priced packages.
CTU
post Mar 9 2017, 06:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HippyTony @ Mar 9 2017, 02:45 PM)
Don't mind me asking, have you tested Celcom network at your place? It may show 4G but the speed is really slow at my place.
Yes. 4G for my place but I really dont mind 4G or 3G. Im at home most of the time wifi unifi 50mbps. So only when i go out i use my mobile data.

Im on 128 plan so moving to celcom and getting the same amount of data with much cheaper rate and simillar coverage makes sense. My supplementary line will also benefit with more data than now with the same rate.
PeowYong
post Mar 11 2017, 09:46 AM

PeowYong
Group: Senior Member

planned to switch to RM20 plan with 500MB, called maxis but maxis told me that the call rate will be different. It will be rm0.30 per minute instead of the current rm0.15 per minute.... what da heck....
cskean
post Mar 13 2017, 11:02 AM

Regular

What about Digi Prepaid with InternetPlus Plan?

Rm38 p/m, 4gb data, unlimited calls to all network & unlimited FB & Twitter...

Looking into this plan and will port in if the signal is ok at my parent's area~

Maxis is pushing too much on their customers!!!
Wan888
post Mar 14 2017, 12:19 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(stevenX @ Mar 1 2017, 04:59 PM)
So, the new surfmore upgrade to RM38 with 3GB ?

Does it have unlimited call and sms as well. ?
no free call and sms. the rate for call and sms still the same with the surfmore 30
the different only Data from 1gb to 3 gb
NV20
post Mar 14 2017, 05:30 PM

Casual

QUOTE(chanmickey @ Mar 9 2017, 06:01 PM)
No it's just rm38 for 3gb data. Unlimited calls and SMS between family lines only.

Not worth it. Go for digi rm28 supplementary line. Rm28 for 3gb data  50 minutes all network. 50 sms all network. Free SMS and calls between family.

I just switched all my family lines to digi. With Maxis nearly 20 years. Only when I submitted for port out  they called  me to counter offer. Don't bother listen  the offer is not worth it.

Maxis is indirectly trying to up their arpu by forcing everyone to take high priced packages.
Hi, do u subscribe RM50 postpaid digi plan for the principal line before can apply for rm28 supp line?

chanmickey
post Mar 18 2017, 12:46 AM

QUOTE(NV20 @ Mar 14 2017, 05:30 PM)
Hi, do u subscribe RM50 postpaid digi plan for the principal line before can apply for rm28 supp line?
Yes, you subscribe for any main line. Cheapest main line now is rm50 per month. There's ongoing promotion until month end where it offers unlimited calls, 3+7gb. And there is their other rm50 main line with 5+5gb, 100 minutes call, 100 sms. Then you add rm28 for a supplementary family line and you will get for this supp line 3gb, 50 minutes, 50 sms, per month.

Worth it. Switch from maxis. Too expensive.
Aeon_Clock
post Mar 28 2017, 03:26 PM

Caped Crusader

hmm...only found out this morning when my data got renewed...to a new plan....LOL
weileong
post Apr 18 2017, 05:06 PM

"The Idea Is To Die Young As Late As Possible"

my first sub line received this offer called Value Surf 2 3GB -RM38 , yesterday i had received another new offer from maxis which dif with this .

i'll show it later.
HippyTony
post Apr 18 2017, 09:34 PM

Getting Started

Well, well, well last year you Maxis told me and my family the other choice is MOP OR NOTHING when u changed our plans under enhancements! We all MNP. What's changed your mind?
weileong
post Apr 18 2017, 10:18 PM

"The Idea Is To Die Young As Late As Possible"

new plan called " Talk and surf 1" supplementary
Same RM38 :-

1GB
200mins
50 sms
cwtong
post Apr 21 2017, 01:56 PM

Getting Started

as they need to offer a package that do not need any data.
fuyichin
post Jun 2 2017, 12:00 PM

I only found out recently that Maxis has changed my subscription plan, after my bill increased. I am subscribing to a very old package with 30 per month without any data.

I thought Maxis are not allow to change package for me if I don't want to do so. I was told it is a rule and regulation that all telco must follow. Once the package is created, it must always be there, until no users subscribed to it.

I talk to Maxis customer service. I want to file a complain, the customer service said they can't file the complain for me. I was so shock. I try again, and was rejected again, until I told them last year the Maxis CEO apologised for upset customer not being treated fairly.

Maxis yet to come back to me, not sure the outcome, may be not much different.

Is so much different compare Maxis with 10 years ago. Maxis was more polite and more helpful.

All mobile telcos will do the same thing if there is no complains. Basically they try to copy each other. I don't hope they become another United Airlines.

As quoted by the others, "If we can't beat our competitors, we beat our customers".
fkinmeng
post Jun 27 2017, 01:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

heads up to those that change to RM20 value surf 1, maxis charged me RM4 for call waiting function even though i didnt sign up for it.

when i call to cancel the function, they said ok, but they still charge me for the current billing cycle. needa wait for 2 months only can totally get over it.
PeowYong
post Jun 28 2017, 09:44 AM

PeowYong

yes, i got the call waiting function also, it will be removed, waived and deducted on the next bill if you requested to remove it.
fkinmeng
post Jun 28 2017, 03:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Jun 28 2017, 09:44 AM)
yes, i got the call waiting function also, it will be removed, waived and deducted on the next bill if you requested to remove it.
i called maxis, they refused to waive for me. doh.gif

i called on april 18th to change to value surfmore 1, my billing cycle is 23rd.

i only noticed i kena charge for call waiting on 23rd may, i called them to cancel on 28th may.

then just receive my may bill, kena charge also, called them to query, they say it's chargeable since i only cancel on 28th may. doh.gif
PeowYong
post Jun 28 2017, 04:07 PM

PeowYong

weird, your situation should be similar like mine, found out call waiting billed in the statement, then call and complaint that i did not subscribe or ask for it, then maxis say i have to pay first cause it has been billed and say it will be deducted on the next bill. When the next bill arrive, the call waiting was removed and i got refunded.

fkinmeng
post Jun 28 2017, 04:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Jun 28 2017, 04:07 PM)
weird, your situation should be similar like mine, found out call waiting billed in the statement, then call and complaint that i did not subscribe or ask for it, then maxis say i have to pay first cause it has been billed and say it will be deducted on the next bill. When the next bill arrive, the call waiting was removed and i got refunded.
thanks, time to call maxis again.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0823sec    6.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:25 PM