Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone 7/7+ Thread | V6, This is 7

views

jumpstat
post Feb 17 2017, 10:16 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Feb 17 2017, 09:25 AM)
I think it also depends on the type of cover you use. Some wont lift the edges of the full tempered glass but most will. The one I'm currently using doesn't so far (see previous post above).
Best is to look out for brands thats do cases as well as tempered glass under the same brand.That will give assurance for best fitment/compatibility.
jumpstat
post Feb 20 2017, 10:28 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

Morning all,

For those having reliability issues with the Finger Print system, at what percentage (%) of the time would the FP access fail on you and had to use the 4 pin password to enter home screen?

I myself assigned 4 fingers, r.thump & r.index and l.thumb & l.index and come to think back had only about 2 occasions that it failed to register and both of them was when i had it on a phone stand on the dashboard holder. I deduced that it failed due to the shaking of the unit. Thanks.
jumpstat
post Feb 21 2017, 07:49 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Feb 20 2017, 10:42 PM)
keep us updated.
If it is still switched on and working, it should be ok. I have gone through this scenario a couple of times smile.gif
jumpstat
post Feb 23 2017, 03:38 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(lyrilmaki @ Feb 23 2017, 10:47 AM)
guys.. need your opinion on 32gb or 128gb?

I'm currently on Android. Using Note 5 32gb, current storage still have 10-14gb left. Not sure is it enough on iPhone..

and should I get 6s or 7? for long term, will the newest update actually causing 6s become slower/lagging?
Definitely more memory better lah. Camera also higher megapixel so bigger files, same goes for videos, so more means good.

Furthermore down the road, if need to sell the phone 128gb version more attractive than 32gb.
jumpstat
post Feb 23 2017, 03:42 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(ace-user @ Feb 23 2017, 03:38 PM)
I've kinda figure out how to make the fingerprint more accurate. After I use those fingerprint sticker/ protector, touch ID now works better. Maybe it's because those stickers doesn't get dirty so easily.
Do these come in like per piece or multiple pieces? What brand is it bro and where can get them?

Thanks.
jumpstat
post Feb 24 2017, 08:39 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Evilson @ Feb 24 2017, 08:34 AM)
I'm sorry if this have been discuss before, because the unit I saw display in retail are better than the unit I bought. So I'm wondering my unit are defect/so much warmer than other 7+?
Probably the unit at the store has been adjusted. But generally they are abit warmer out of the box. Anyway you can adjust the tint in settings.
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2017, 02:49 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Kinetics @ Feb 28 2017, 02:34 PM)
Why does the Iphone box behind is written Made in China?
Is that the actual manufacturing country? Sprry for noob question.
Ya loh....noawadays most things made in china
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2017, 03:01 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Kinetics @ Feb 28 2017, 02:54 PM)
Means nothing is wrong? The original manufacturing country is really China?
The design is in California, manufacturing although done in China, quality assurance and control following the designers' standards.

Another reason is due to geogrphical region, asian gets the ones manufactured in China. Samsung phones also have made in vietnam, china. So long as they fit with their QA/QC standards, logistics wise cheaper lah....

This post has been edited by jumpstat: Feb 28 2017, 03:06 PM
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2017, 03:10 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Kinetics @ Feb 28 2017, 03:04 PM)
Your box also written Made in China?
My box not with me at the moment...

But on the phone it should say like ... 'Designed in California, Assembled in China'

This post has been edited by jumpstat: Feb 28 2017, 03:12 PM
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2017, 03:23 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(A4pApEr @ Feb 28 2017, 03:19 PM)
[attachmentid=8535155]

Apple iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB = RM 3719 (RM 580 off from RRP)

Consider a good deal?  hmm.gif
Put it this way..... You pay for a 32gb 7+ but you get a 128gb 7+

I already have 1, If i have not, I'll take on the offer. rclxms.gif
jumpstat
post Feb 28 2017, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(A4pApEr @ Feb 28 2017, 03:30 PM)
Yeah! I'm thinking to upgrade from my iPhone 6+ ... damn tempting with the promotion now! >"<
I too upgraded from 6+ to a 7 (as I realised 7+ was to big of a screen). Personally, I am having such a wonderful time using it as is substantially faster, the button works flawlessly, games also no hiccups, etc . Only dofference apart from the camera and larger screen, is the additional 1gb ram the 7+ have over the 7. But still which ever you choose the 7 or 7+ you will be amazed. biggrin.gif
jumpstat
post Mar 1 2017, 07:41 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(ace-user @ Feb 28 2017, 08:45 PM)
Yes, on the spot exchange. Took about 2 hours.
I called Apple Care and explained to them first, a few angmos talk to me and handled my case, plead to them to have on the spot exchange cuz it's my one and only phone. They open a case number for me, approve on the spot exchange (after going through diagnosis and all that).
Btw I exchanged mine at QCD Technologies Time Square, cuz I called a lot of service centres most of them will take 7 working days, only Time Square can exchange on the spot if problem is found.
Good news congrats. There are indeed lemons in the batch. Probably those with this issue can head down there.
jumpstat
post Mar 1 2017, 08:15 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(666devil @ Mar 1 2017, 08:02 AM)
Trust me. They won't. Lighting connector is they proprietary port. USB c is universal. They will lose out in the end of the change port. U know Apple la, everything want to "proprietary"
Yaloh... Apple being Apple, but I do wonder if Steve Jobs was still around, what might apple be pushing out.
jumpstat
post Mar 2 2017, 09:07 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Mar 2 2017, 07:31 AM)
On the topic of blocked caller,
If I blocked a number and delete it from the phone.
Does it mean that the caller will be permanently blocked from contacting my number?

Later if I don't want my number and it goes to a new user.
Will the caller number be be still blocked from contacting the new user?
When there is a number, we can use the phone to block. When the number is private it will still go through. So rather than rely entirely from blocking, might I suggest you use an app, such as 'Showcaller', that have a world wide database which you can contribute, do checking, etc etc. Nowadays there are too many telemarketers and they are such an annoyance. By using this app, all those unknown can be checked whether is spam or telemarketers or genuine. So when these 'people' calls, the caller id will have extra info if the number already reported to the database. So you can chose not to answer.

BTW blocking is specific to your phone and not your account/carrier. If you do sell your phone, just do a full reset to clear away all those info. Also if you do not use or access your voicemail, might as well you disable it, I have noticed that calling own voicemail is extra cost (maxis).
jumpstat
post Mar 2 2017, 10:21 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Mar 2 2017, 10:15 AM)
What happen if I blocked many numbers and delete them from my phone?
Can I still able reset the blocked numbers?
Will they get blocked forever from my number?
If the numbers is in your Call Blocking list, then they are blocked until such time you remove them.
jumpstat
post Mar 2 2017, 10:40 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Mar 2 2017, 10:24 AM)
Are the blocked numbers tie to my number or to my phone?
After I blocked those numbers, I deleted them from my phone.
Does it means that once I deleted them, those numbers are considered unblocked to my number?
to your phone bro.

Its still in your Call blocking list. Remove it from the list then only able to reach you.
jumpstat
post Mar 2 2017, 12:45 PM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(syncomp @ Mar 2 2017, 12:24 PM)
I am using Spigen Glas.TR almost RM 100 for 2 units in a packet. Cracked on the night I applied. because I forgot  my earphone is in the pocket along with the iphone and I fall on it while doing plank.
Luckily got another ones.
I am using the same as above. Nise rounded and chamfered corners. Also it is a bit small so no issues with using cases with these SP. Easy to apply and easy to clean too.
jumpstat
post Mar 3 2017, 09:11 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Mar 3 2017, 01:27 AM)
Just decide to turn on iCloud Photo Library backup. It is far better and not that confusing now.

Now at Photos only show "All Photos" and not like previous got "Camera Roll" and "My Photo Stream".

The bad thing is no longer can copy photos from computer via iTunes to iPhone.
Bro, how big is the storage (free one lah) available? Does it utilize the same storage as iCloud backup (5Gb free)?

This post has been edited by jumpstat: Mar 3 2017, 09:12 AM
jumpstat
post Mar 3 2017, 10:03 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(s7ran9er @ Mar 2 2017, 04:27 PM)

So guys, would you please suggest any brands that curve around the iPhone and isn't thick?

Bro, the curve portion is the most hardest to really get a perfect finish. Furthermore the screen, in fact the whole phone do flex which also will effects the corners. Due to this, I chose Spigen Glazz SP (also made by SGP). This SP is not fully enclosed end to end but a a bit smaller. So it is compatible with all spigen cases. The corners are curved and chamfered thus minimising any sharp corners. They comes in two packs for around RM100 So far it is holding up very well.
jumpstat
post Mar 6 2017, 08:47 AM

Regular
1,352 posts

QUOTE(mivecv6 @ Mar 6 2017, 12:04 AM)
No wonder... hehehe

thank you so much.
Probably for Iphones, applecare is like given to telco, iirc Maxis have a service where the handphone is insured for accidental damages and cost like RM20 per month. But I am not sure whether it can be applied to those hphones bought outside from maxis etc.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0875sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 PM