Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

AMD Ryzen, AM4 Platform

views

Vigilant
post Feb 9 2017, 11:09 PM

Be ever vigilant, but never suspicious
1,284 posts

Pricing issue, AMD tend to compete with the pricing, but it's not that cheap. Rather spend a couple of hundreds MYR more to get maximum performance from Intel.

This post has been edited by Vigilant: Feb 9 2017, 11:14 PM
Vigilant
post Feb 12 2017, 12:03 AM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(herojack41 @ Feb 11 2017, 09:39 PM)
dear ketum bro

AMD is always about value for money and performance of coz is far cry if you compare it with intel.

no matter how AMD still have upper hand in pricing and performance is targeted at every segment of intel, in this ryzen

so...go topup yours
How do you compare RM900 retail price for FX9000 Bulldozer to RM1000 6600k Skylake Ivy Bridge?

http://www.techspot.com/review/1180-overwa...arks/page5.html

Intel's performance per core is way better. You can also check other CPU benchmark in gaming. AMD is still inferior to Intel for these past years. Of course they have the cheaper price, but not worth it. I used to have both systems, ended up selling away my AMD platform for Intel upgrade.

So IF Ryzen has a good price point, then AMD can compete. IF. Then again, from the leaked benchmark, Ryzen is still behind

So get your ketum's fact right first.

This post has been edited by Vigilant: Feb 12 2017, 12:04 AM
Vigilant
post Feb 22 2017, 11:20 PM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(superdog @ Feb 22 2017, 11:10 PM)
amd is good choice for those do not have budget for dedicated gc, but desired to play game
Huh?
Vigilant
post Mar 3 2017, 11:22 AM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(Yottabyte @ Mar 3 2017, 07:28 AM)
Well, I see Zen as a whole as disruptive architecture. It's not the best gaming CPU I admit, and that's okay. Because desktop enthusiast markets are rather small. Today, mobile and server segment where the real money is. After reading this very detailed post, looks like AMD power efficiency could seriously hurt Intel. No wonder AMD could design 32C/64T server CPU within 180W TDP.

I wouldn't be surprised if next Surface Book/Pro or Macbook would be powered by AMD apu.
As always, it's about the hype.

After so many years, there's nothing much on Ryzen. Might as well reduce their pricing more to compete.
Vigilant
post Mar 3 2017, 11:02 PM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ Mar 3 2017, 05:18 PM)
Nothing much?

An RM 2,599 processor outperforms some RM 6,000 processor by ~50%.

How is that not much?

You must understand that Ryzen is a whole new architecture and as of now, it works fine for games (a little behind Intel stuff) but it benefits content creators a lot more because now the initial cost is less but you get a lot more performance.
Yes, thing is consumer like me dominate the market, not content creator. I'm paying to game. So despite the benchmark shows a very large performance for content creator. That isn't what I want. What I'm expecting for is just a cheap quad core which has better single thread performance. Heck I don't even want to buy a CPU for over MYR 2k price.

Feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

Vigilant
post Mar 4 2017, 01:40 AM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(nkl5499 @ Mar 3 2017, 11:30 PM)
IMHO, since the fps is not very big. 8c/16t is more future, without any optimisation Ryzen still run as good Intel. It's just matter u want risk 3-5 fps for better future gaming.
Like I said, of course it's future proof, corporate and data center servers would love them. But me as a normal consumer who spends tiny amount of money represents the largest base customer they can get. So even they have 10 cores with 20 threads won't be much for me. All I need is just cheap 4 powerful cores.

Unless if they can catch up in their next release and improve their single thread performance at lower price than Intel.

This post has been edited by Vigilant: Mar 4 2017, 01:47 AM
Vigilant
post Feb 7 2021, 05:32 PM

1,284 posts

Hi guys how many times I can RMA my Ryzen CPU? Is there a limitation like the CPU can be rma-ed once only during 3 years warranty period?
Vigilant
post Feb 7 2021, 05:54 PM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(Bonchi @ Feb 7 2021, 05:48 PM)
unlimited but depending on reason and stock availability. If you wanna OC but the lottery is bad, forget it. They will just test your chip, see that it can hit the base speeds and send you back the same one lol (or someone else’s RMA unit with the same reason)... and youve just wasted on the delivery fee.

Only best chance is exchange with shop but that depends on how well you know the salesperson/owner.

Despite all that, if you still wanna change then there’s no other way but to sell yours and buy a new one .. when you buy enough from the same shop and build a regular customer base then you can do the step above. rclxms.gif
I'm trying to get myself a used RMA-ed Ryzen CPU. Hence my concern is, if the processor is faulty one day, can I still RMA, because last time if I'm not mistaken on this, Intel can only RMA once. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't been into PC building for so long.
Vigilant
post Feb 7 2021, 06:08 PM

1,284 posts

QUOTE(sai86 @ Feb 7 2021, 06:04 PM)
AFAIK, nothing can only be RMA once. as long as its under warranty period, you can definitely send in for warranty claim.
I see, noted that thanks.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:55 PM