Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
808 Pages « < 320 321 322 323 324 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ultimate Discussion of ASNB (47457-V)发 8ight 发, Wholly owned subsidary of PNB (38218-X)

views

veera77
post Dec 5 2017, 06:31 PM

Regular
1,229 posts

cool plan savvyaunty cool2.gif

PIDM i heard hv maximum limit they will insurance...i think around 250k..not sure

buying stock...nowadays need a lot of time to do homework before buying...sometimes whole weekend gone on this ...itu pun kdg2 kantoi jugak bangwall.gif belum lagi Bitcoin another mother of all risks devil.gif

QUOTE(savvyaunty @ Dec 5 2017, 06:19 PM)
No but I personally split my deposit into 2 type:

1. Cash savings - put in about 75% in ASx and remaining in FD (planning to move FD to ASx when they mature)
My savings are only ikan bilis so stuck with just 3% interest for FD and to think of it, if ASx/PNB collapse, the whole Malaysian economy probably also mati d. I doubt those PIDM protection will be able to return me my money from the bank

2. Savings for investment - ASx is sort of like my parking place for the money meant for investment
Parking in ASx for temporary dividend while increasing my warchest. not worth wasting on all the fees to buy stocks with small amount of capital
This post has been edited by veera77: Dec 5 2017, 06:35 PM
saitong09
post Dec 5 2017, 06:35 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,791 posts

QUOTE(paogeh @ Dec 5 2017, 04:53 PM)
someone mentions kids accounts can be seen in myasnb ?

but i login , i still failed to see my son account .
we have to go to asnb branch to enable ?
You need to click the "Bijak/Remaja' tab on the menu bar.
Btw, make sure your kid's account guardian is you.
savvyaunty
post Dec 5 2017, 07:20 PM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(veera77 @ Dec 5 2017, 06:31 PM)
cool plan savvyaunty cool2.gif

PIDM i heard hv maximum limit they will insurance...i think around 250k..not sure

buying stock...nowadays need a lot of time to do homework before buying...sometimes whole weekend gone on this ...itu pun kdg2 kantoi jugak  bangwall.gif belum lagi Bitcoin another mother of all risks  devil.gif
yeah PIDM has maximum limit but I won't hit the limit anyway. my consideration is more on the interest rate. ikan bilis here so don't qualify for all those FD promo. been getting the standard 3% FD rates so seriously considering moving whatever FD i have to ASx

not a believer in bitcoin despite its meteoric rise. starting to study stocks and hoping to make correct choices
Ramjade
post Dec 5 2017, 07:52 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Trulyasia@ @ Dec 5 2017, 06:20 PM)
Why? I don't know much about investing.
I know many recommend fsm and etc. But I think I will lose out . What should I do
Reasons
1) Returns are dropping every year
2) RM is strong now until god knows when.Take this opportunity to change RM. Can convert to SGD for long term plan.

Do what you are comfortable. No need to follow people. Is better to sleep well at night than worry that you are losing money.

If you can stomach losses, then good time to move into FSM as all market is in red. drool.gif drool.gif

QUOTE(savvyaunty @ Dec 5 2017, 07:20 PM)
yeah PIDM has maximum limit but I won't hit the limit anyway. my consideration is more on the interest rate. ikan bilis here so don't qualify for all those FD promo. been getting the standard 3% FD rates so seriously considering moving whatever FD i have to ASx

not a believer in bitcoin despite its meteoric rise. starting to study stocks and hoping to make correct choices
Good choice. I moved from Promo FDs and never look back.

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Dec 5 2017, 07:53 PM
Ramjade
post Dec 5 2017, 08:58 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Trulyasia@ @ Dec 5 2017, 08:52 PM)
Do u think very dangerous if I put all in Amanah Saham?
I am not good in investing
All investments are dangerous. With amanah saham,
1) big companies like Maybank going bankrupt (yes, it's entirely possible),
2) decreasing returns to the point that it's only FD rate
3) Malaysia economy is sluggish/ downwards (in the last 3 years) which makes amanah saham unable to generate enough cash to give high returns.
4) change from fixed price fund to variable price fund (happened before but was given notice beforehand)

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Dec 5 2017, 08:59 PM
savvyaunty
post Dec 5 2017, 09:03 PM

On my way
617 posts

there's always risk in everything. even banks can go bankrupt and nobody really knows if PIDM can guarantee everyone's FD

At 6% it's my preferred choice of savings now. I don't really consider ASx as investment but look at it more as savings account with very good interest rate
veera77
post Dec 5 2017, 09:30 PM

Regular
1,229 posts

In the investment, there are four categories:

1. Low risk investment - FD, Fixed Price ASx

2. Medium/moderate investment - moderate risk Unit Trust, non-fixed price ASx, blue chips stock.

3. High risk investment - non-blue chip stocks, aggressive mode unit trust.

4. Very high risk investment - structured warrant (derivative stock), forex, cryptocurrency.

‘Low risk’ is very good start for investing, then slowly learn ‘moderate/high risk’ investment with demo/dummy/portfolio apps (e.g KLSE Screener), at least for six months..once gained some confident..start invest with not more than 10% of your saving (nvr nvr get greedy/emotional)..easy to say but not easy to follow tongue.gif

Finally, Never go into ‘very high risk investment’ till u gained at least 5-10 yrs experience in moderate & high-risk investment.

Good luck in Investing smile.gif

Rule # 1 : Never loss money/capital
Rule # 2 : Never forget Rule #1
(~Warran Buffet)

This post has been edited by veera77: Dec 5 2017, 09:40 PM
chung1412
post Dec 6 2017, 01:30 AM

26 posts

Good day everyone, I just open my account for ASW2020.
It stated that the annual interest is 6% but I do not understand how to calculate. Could someone be kind enough to provide me a scenario so that I can understand the calculation better?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am totally new in investing, sorry for the stupid question
veera77
post Dec 6 2017, 04:19 AM

Regular
1,229 posts

Welcome chung1412 to ASNB !

ASW 6% div was for the period Sept 2016 - August 2017, which generally known as ASW 2017 dividend, and deposited on 1Sept 2017.

How to calculate?
Take 6% divide by 12 months = 0.5% per month.
Then, u need to check the lowest balance amount for each individual month and times with 0.5%. Total from each months is your total dividend.

Thats why, its highly recommended to deposit in ASx certain amount every month (treat like another EPF), to maximize your return, and slowly grow ur investment via compunding interest (there are a lot videos on youtube about magic of compounding interest). Happy investing !

QUOTE(chung1412 @ Dec 6 2017, 01:30 AM)
Good day everyone, I just open my account for ASW2020.
It stated that the annual interest is 6% but I do not understand how to calculate. Could someone be kind enough to provide me a scenario so that I can understand the calculation better?

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I am totally new in investing, sorry for the stupid question
This post has been edited by veera77: Dec 6 2017, 06:03 AM
Ramjade
post Dec 6 2017, 08:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

QUOTE(Trulyasia@ @ Dec 6 2017, 08:10 AM)
Thank you very much. I think will probably dump all into Amanah Saham at the moment. That the highest interest rate at the moment with lowest risk. Better than fd
Make sure to pick the right amanah saham. Don't get conned by banks agents to buy ASG and ASN3.

Next question you will be asking is how to open amanah saham since banks won't open for you
Go to asnb branches and open.

After that, the other question you will be asking, how is the dividend calculated?
It's based on the lowest amount of the month. Best time to topup is on the 1st of every month. If you can't make it on the 1st, the other best time is on the last few days of the previous month.

You are welcome biggrin.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ramjade: Dec 6 2017, 09:01 AM
elea88
post Dec 6 2017, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(paogeh @ Dec 5 2017, 04:53 PM)
someone mentions kids accounts can be seen in myasnb ?

but i login , i still failed to see my son account .
we have to go to asnb branch to enable ?
i can see and i can top up too. tried yesterday.
MY REMAJA ac
chung1412
post Dec 6 2017, 09:17 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(veera77 @ Dec 6 2017, 04:19 AM)
Welcome chung1412 to ASNB !

ASW 6% div was for the period Sept 2016 - August 2017, which generally known as ASW 2017 dividend, and deposited on 1Sept 2017.

How to calculate?
Take 6% divide by 12 months = 0.5% per month.
Then, u need to check the lowest balance amount for each individual month and times with 0.5%. Total from each months is your total dividend.

Thats why, its highly recommended to deposit in ASx certain amount every month (treat like another EPF), to maximize your return, and slowly grow ur investment via compunding interest (there are a lot videos on youtube about magic of compounding interest). Happy investing !
Thank you for your advice, makes me have a clearer insight on how the calculation works.
I read it somewhere in the forum that stated it we should invest in the following order

ASW2020 - ASM - ASD - AS1M

But i checked the interest fee is the same for ASW2020, ASM and AS1M, why is ASW2020 better than ASM?

bearbear
post Dec 6 2017, 09:53 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(chung1412 @ Dec 6 2017, 09:17 AM)
Thank you for your advice, makes me have a clearer insight on how the calculation works.
I read it somewhere in the forum that stated it we should invest in the following order

But i checked the interest fee is the same for ASW2020, ASM and AS1M, why is ASW2020 better than ASM?
ASD is for bumi only, if you are bumi then ASB is the choice dont need to think

to me all 3 ASW, ASM & AS1M are the same with different payout date.
paogeh
post Dec 6 2017, 10:33 AM

Regular
1,534 posts

QUOTE(elea88 @ Dec 6 2017, 09:14 AM)
i can see and i can top up too. tried yesterday.
MY REMAJA ac
I login to myasnb,
search for "remaja" or "bijak" ,
but cannot find anywhere .

??? ???? ????
elea88
post Dec 6 2017, 10:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

QUOTE(paogeh @ Dec 6 2017, 10:33 AM)
I login to myasnb,
search for "remaja" or "bijak" ,
but cannot find anywhere  .

??? ???? ????
HV NO idea... maybe u go bank and check.
Bijak/Remaja mine got. Its on the right hand side.

then i go tambah RM100.. just to test and it went through...

This post has been edited by elea88: Dec 6 2017, 10:48 AM
veera77
post Dec 6 2017, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,229 posts

Generally people believe more matured fund would performe better...thats peope usually advise ASW > ASM > AS1M..and also same reason why more difficult get ASW, compared to ASM/AS1M.

Since u just started to invest...dont bother much all above theories...just put in any fixed price ASx (nvr go to ASG or ASNx for now)...after few years you will understand how to re-adjust your portfolio. smile.gif

QUOTE(chung1412 @ Dec 6 2017, 09:17 AM)

yahiko
post Dec 6 2017, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

Hi guys

I go over counter to update pass book n banker told me no longer update passbook available. I can check statement online.

Any link I can check for my statement? Next time go counter book also no need. Just bring Ic
savvyaunty
post Dec 6 2017, 11:45 AM

On my way
617 posts

QUOTE(Trulyasia@ @ Dec 6 2017, 11:41 AM)
I have an enquiry. Assume I buy AS1M already rm5k in jan18. Then I withdraw all 4.9k on jun18. Then I buy ASW on jun18 also. Will I lose out jun18 dividend for AS1m? And when I withdraw , interest for jan18-jun18 will be credited pro rate for me or not?
dividend is calculated based on the lowest monthly balance. so it depends on when you buy or withdraw the money from AS1M.

eg. Buy on/before 1 Jan and sell on/after 1 July - dividend pro-rated for Jan-June
Buy after 1 Jan and sell on/before 30 June - dividend pro-rated for Feb-May

similar rule applies to ASW. buying before/on 1st of the month without any withdrawal for the month will be entitled to the pro-rate dividend for the month
nexona88
post Dec 6 2017, 11:47 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,833 posts

QUOTE(yahiko @ Dec 6 2017, 11:36 AM)
Hi guys

I go over counter to update pass book n banker told me no longer update passbook available.  I can check statement online.

Any link I can check for my statement?  Next time go counter book also no need.  Just bring Ic
MyASNB portal.. Can top up online & see all the statement..

Before that.. Do update your details first at asnb & agents bank (including your HP number)..
yahiko
post Dec 6 2017, 11:49 AM

Regular
1,215 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Dec 6 2017, 11:47 AM)
MyASNB portal.. Can top up online & see all the statement..

Before that.. Do update your details first at asnb & agents bank (including your HP number)..
Thanks. The banker already update for me. Will try login.

Update.. Successful login. Questions.. The tambah perlaburan. Need to wait 1day like we we do online with bank previously or immediate results?

N they charge rm1.06 for trying too?

This post has been edited by yahiko: Dec 6 2017, 12:34 PM

808 Pages « < 320 321 322 323 324 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0289sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:23 PM