Fanboy? Naw.
1,061 posts

How about LG 24MP68VQ? 24" though.

Okay derailing to monitor discussion tongue.gif
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 7 2016, 06:28 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

I think this is the biggest driver update AMD have done in the past years, bigger than Omega imo.

user posted image

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And now you can run Freesync in windowed mode which is my biggest complain about Freesync. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Acid_RuleZz: Dec 7 2016, 07:04 PM
S4PH
post Dec 7 2016, 07:04 PM

adam_s4ph
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Acid_RuleZz @ Dec 7 2016, 06:28 PM)
I think this is the biggest driver update AMD have done in the past years, bigger than Omega imo.

user posted image

And now you can run Freesync in windowed mode which is my biggest complain about Freesync.  rclxm9.gif
all these to prep new tech offered by rx 490 thumbup.gif AMD is looking good now hope they make a comeback
skylinelover
post Dec 7 2016, 07:33 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(S4PH @ Dec 7 2016, 07:04 PM)
all these to prep new tech offered by rx 490  thumbup.gif AMD is looking good now hope they make a comeback
I want a 490xxx to counter in coming 1080ti laugh.gif icon_idea.gif
skylinelover
post Dec 7 2016, 07:35 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(rav3n82 @ Dec 7 2016, 03:11 PM)
That is a good price and good specs. Tempted now. Just that I am not sure if I can get used to TN panel, coming from IPS. Dilemma.
QUOTE(S4PH @ Dec 7 2016, 03:34 PM)
hahahahaha i was also tempted ,im also from IPS to go to TN i also in a dilemma, color reproduction could be an issue . But the price is super cheap for 27"
Once ips forever ips mang laugh.gif rclxms.gif never look back hahahahaha
S4PH
post Dec 7 2016, 10:30 PM

adam_s4ph
1,167 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 7 2016, 07:33 PM)
I want a 490xxx to counter in coming 1080ti laugh.gif icon_idea.gif
lets hope the hype train is real rclxm9.gif
arifhasim85
post Dec 7 2016, 11:05 PM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(rav3n82 @ Dec 7 2016, 03:11 PM)
That is a good price and good specs. Tempted now. Just that I am not sure if I can get used to TN panel, coming from IPS. Dilemma.
QUOTE(S4PH @ Dec 7 2016, 03:34 PM)
hahahahaha i was also tempted ,im also from IPS to go to TN i also in a dilemma, color reproduction could be an issue . But the price is super cheap for 27"
just find any TN panel and stare at it for 5 mins.. you will know either you can accept TN or not. In my case, im so used to IPS, it make me wanna puke when i use my office normal TN monitor.. even now im currently using VA 144hz panel, im still kind of missing my old IPS monitor.. i wish i dont sold it haiz.. cry.gif
S4PH
post Dec 8 2016, 01:39 AM

adam_s4ph
1,167 posts

QUOTE(arifhasim85 @ Dec 7 2016, 11:05 PM)
just find any TN panel and stare at it for 5 mins.. you will know either you can accept TN or not. In my case, im so used to IPS, it make me wanna puke when i use my office normal TN monitor.. even now im currently using VA 144hz panel, im still kind of missing my old IPS monitor.. i wish i dont sold it haiz..  cry.gif
refresh rate sold you out eh lol mega_shok.gif
arifhasim85
post Dec 8 2016, 11:02 AM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(S4PH @ Dec 8 2016, 01:39 AM)
refresh rate sold you out eh lol  mega_shok.gif
yeah its true gaming with 144hz is like a whole new level of silky buttery smooth compared to normal 60hz panel.. but somehow i still prefer accurate vibrant colour of IPS rather than fast TN or VA panel.. hmmm maybe xb27ihu is the solution? rclxms.gif
skylinelover
post Dec 8 2016, 12:26 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(arifhasim85 @ Dec 8 2016, 11:02 AM)
yeah its true gaming with 144hz is like a whole new level of silky buttery smooth compared to normal 60hz panel.. but somehow i still prefer accurate vibrant colour of IPS rather than fast TN or VA panel.. hmmm maybe xb27ihu is the solution?  rclxms.gif
Then get now làh laugh.gif laugh.gif
SUSTheHitman47
post Dec 8 2016, 05:24 PM

Nuke
1,053 posts

QUOTE(arifhasim85 @ Dec 7 2016, 11:05 PM)
just find any TN panel and stare at it for 5 mins.. you will know either you can accept TN or not. In my case, im so used to IPS, it make me wanna puke when i use my office normal TN monitor.. even now im currently using VA 144hz panel, im still kind of missing my old IPS monitor.. i wish i dont sold it haiz..  cry.gif
few months ago(iinm) i heard the news about samsung releasing their new VA monitor lineup CFG70 series. its 144hz and curved.
im about to buy XG2401 but just like master rav3n82 im afraid i cant coop with TN panel color reproduction.

clicking submit button to fast, forgot to add:
but now its all seems so quiet, no shop bring that samsung monitor here?.

This post has been edited by TheHitman47: Dec 8 2016, 05:26 PM
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 9 2016, 06:53 AM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

New driver is alive people. Highly recommended for Polaris GPUs.
You can download it here. 500MB download lel.

The changelog is quite big so i snip some into spoiler.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Highlights

New Features
Radeon ReLive(1): Capture, stream and share your greatest moments and gaming wins on your computer system with Radeon ReLive. Modify settings quickly, conveniently, and play seamlessly with the easily accessible in-game toolbar. Express yourself in bold new ways with custom scene layouts. Upload your latest highlights and let them be a conversation piece. It's never been easier to build and grow your online community at anytime, anywhere.

Radeon Chill(2): A power-saving feature that dynamically regulates frame rate based on your in-game movements. Radeon Chill can improve power efficiency and can lower temperatures for supported products and games when enabled through Radeon Settings.

Radeon WattMan(3): Added support for AMD Radeon R9 Fury series, R9 390 series, R9 380 series, R9 290 series, R9 285, R9 260 series, R7 360, and R7 260 desktop graphics products

Radeon Software Installer(4): New user interface and intuitive Radeon Software Installer that includes options for express install, custom install and clean uninstall. The new installer will also show options for the latest available driver for your system configuration during the install process.

Display Connectivity(5): New advanced display settings and diagnostics page within Radeon Settings with better detection for HDMI® cable issues and fallback for end users experiencing display issues.

AMD FreeSync™ Technology(6): Now supports Borderless Fullscreen Mode for applications and gaming with AMD FreeSync™ technology displays and supported products. Now supports Gradual Refresh Rate Ramp for mobile configurations with AMD FreeSync™ technology displays and supported products.

Upgrade Advisor(7): Provides a system requirement evaluation for Steam® games in your Radeon Settings library.

HDR Gaming Support(8): Experience the benefits of HDR gaming with Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition. Support for games with HDR 10 or Dolby Vision™ capabilities.

VP9 Decode Acceleration(9): 4K 60Hz GPU-Accelerated Video Streaming enabled on supported Google™ Chrome web browsers.

Skype Performance Enhancements (10): Lower CPU usage during Skype™ calls for select AMD APU Family products.

How to enable ReLive, courtesy of TPU.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Acid_RuleZz: Dec 9 2016, 07:19 AM
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 9 2016, 07:18 AM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

Review from TechPowerUp.
www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Radeon_Crimson_ReLive_Drivers/1.html

Radeon ReLive.

user posted image

Radeon Chill.

user posted image
Normally, you would expect gameplay to consist of a permanent stream of input, which means Chill would never be active. In reality, you can see short pauses where Chill can drop FPS, resulting in significantly reduced power consumption. Subjectively, this is not noticeable during active gameplay; remember, we were playing, not standing around. I'm also happy to report that Chill reacts to keyboard, mouse, and gamepad input, instantly raising the FPS.

If you stand around in a game like World of Warcraft that has animations all over the screen even while you are idle, you can definitely see some stuttering in those movements across your screen. Once you start interacting with the game, the stutters will instantly disappear and you will be back to your maximum framerate. The bonus is that your card is cooler at this point, which means higher clocks can be maintained.

Borderless Freesync.
user posted image

"Performance improvement".
user posted image

New installer?
user posted image

AMD ReLive is another surprise. NVIDIA has had a huge headstart in maintaining a feature like this, although AMD's implementation is reasonably functional. We're particularly impressed at just how little performance is affected when you're gaming at a high resolution and with juiced-up details, and while you're recording/streaming at a different resolution (or even the same resolution). With performance costs well under 5% in most cases, AMD has made streaming/recording of gameplay practically free (of overhead). Here, just like with Chill, the feature still seems a little buggy and unpolished UI wise. Several times during our testing, we had to clean the drivers using DDU because the ReLive options would not show up in Radeon Settings, or they would, but recording would not start. DDU helped, AMD clean uninstall did not.

The new drivers don't particularly offer significant performance gains over previous drivers; however, AMD's 4-6 % performance gain claims over the 16.7 drivers its Polaris 10 hardware launched with do appear to hold true. Performance isn't really the focus of this release, and they seem to have fixed a few game-specific bugs, so this isn't a major area of concern for us.

This post has been edited by Acid_RuleZz: Dec 9 2016, 07:35 AM
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 9 2016, 08:07 AM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

From GamerNexus.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2710-amd...play-benchmarks

Filesize
user posted image

GTA:V
user posted image

Dirt Rally laugh.gif
user posted image
Darksorrow3010
post Dec 9 2016, 12:20 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

cant wait for vega + xg2401 biggrin.gif
k!nex
post Dec 9 2016, 01:36 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

Anyone tested the new drivers already ? I not interested in ReLive. I just want to know whether "Wattman" has taken over the "Overdrive" for non RX series cards .
To me, Wattman seems more complicated than Overdrive
freakenstein
post Dec 9 2016, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

I'm interested in Relive , but then again after installing , I don't even see the Tab for ReLive , maybe my old card doesnt support it? 7850 here. Anyone can clarify?

AMD's site said ReLive is supported on GCN supported cards , why don't I see the option in there? Lol.

Edit : It's there already after restarting computer.

This post has been edited by freakenstein: Dec 9 2016, 02:43 PM
freakenstein
post Dec 9 2016, 03:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

It doesn't seem ReLive is anything to shout about , OBS with the same HEVC is much better because OBS provides a large variety of settings.
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 9 2016, 03:38 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

QUOTE(k!nex @ Dec 9 2016, 01:36 PM)
Anyone tested the new drivers already ? I not interested in ReLive. I just want to know whether "Wattman" has taken over the "Overdrive" for non RX series cards .
To me, Wattman seems more complicated than Overdrive
From supported device it is seem older cards will use Wattman as well, it's not that complicated imo. =p Overdrive only touch State 7 voltage when you adjust it.
TSAcid_RuleZz
post Dec 9 2016, 03:42 PM

ミウ ❤
6,610 posts

QUOTE(freakenstein @ Dec 9 2016, 03:13 PM)
It doesn't seem ReLive is anything to shout about , OBS with the same HEVC is much better because OBS provides a large variety of settings.
Getting a good video quality without sacrificing performance can be daunting with OBS. Often the performance hit is pretty significant.

138 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:24 PM