Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Migrating to Australia. Skilled Migration PR/TR, Discuss & share your migration story

views

kenji1903
post Feb 17 2017, 06:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(zephyrus9999 @ Feb 17 2017, 03:43 PM)
I'm not judging him tho. As long he's happy with it then it's fine. Bangla coming our country and happy with min wage so... diff ppl diff views n path of success. If me I'll rather start locally with good prospects and move in after I build certain skills
That makes the bulk of the skilled migration... but it also depends on luck, unless u have niche skills, else it's still difficult to find a job overseas... why choose a foreigner over a local?
TSsendo7
post Mar 30 2017, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

Just wanna ask if anyone here got their Australian PR under Visa 190 State Sponsorship?
kenji1903
post Mar 31 2017, 07:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

QUOTE(sendo7 @ Mar 30 2017, 10:25 PM)
Just wanna ask if anyone here got their Australian PR under Visa 190 State Sponsorship?
This thread is more active
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry84331429
JENNY SURESH
post Jul 9 2018, 04:40 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kathlynn @ Oct 21 2016, 03:17 PM)
Yes, the rules are constantly changing and it's hard to keep track of these changes.

My advise, go to a few (not one) agent - get their advise specific to your situation and circumstances (esp the industry you are in).

Talk to family and friends who are already in Aus, better still if you have people whom you know who are in the same industry.

Pay a visit (holiday) for a couple of weeks to the place you intend to settle in - see if you like the people, culture, weather, etc (bearing in mind that there is a different being a tourist vs resident).

Ensure that you have enough buffer to come across. Decide if you want to go all in (i.e. sell off your house and move the whole family across) or keep one-leg still in Malaysia just in case you'd really don't like it.

Pray (if you are religious) about the move.

And then - take that leap of faith! smile.gif

Good luck smile.gif
JENNY SURESH
post Jul 9 2018, 04:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(JENNY SURESH @ Jul 9 2018, 05:40 PM)

Hi, its helpful... I am 32 and my husband is a IT professional would like to make a move to Australia on next
year end.

Few friends gave us some suggestions as below:

1) Go by TOURIST VISA, find a place to study..convert Visa to student Visa and get the husband and Child to be in dependent Visa

2) Go by STUDENT VISA for ME ( SHORT COURSE) , Go alone first .. get a job within 6 months and settle down after that get the husband and child to move

3) Get the PR here in Malaysia itself( which we are NOT AFFORDABLE ) at the moment

4) Get offer letter for my husband for MIT from any university and I go with dependent VISA

We have few friends and church members in Australia, definitely they could assist us once we are there .However we dont want to be Homeless
and as they are also in the stage of building own life, we dont want them to get interrupted by our presence too[/SIZE]
limeuu
post Jul 9 2018, 06:58 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(JENNY SURESH @ Jul 9 2018, 04:53 PM)
Hi, its helpful... I am 32 and my husband is a IT professional would like to make a move to Australia on next
year end.

Few friends gave us some suggestions as below:

1) Go by TOURIST VISA, find a place to study..convert Visa to student Visa and get the husband and Child to be in dependent Visa

2) Go by STUDENT VISA for ME  ( SHORT COURSE) , Go alone first .. get a job within 6 months and settle down after that get the husband and child to move

3) Get the PR here in Malaysia itself( which we are NOT AFFORDABLE ) at the moment

4) Get offer letter for my husband for MIT from any university and I go with dependent VISA

We have few friends and church members in Australia, definitely they could assist us once we are there .However we dont want to be Homeless
and as they are also in the stage of building own life, we dont want them to get interrupted by our presence too[/SIZE]
Non of the above will get you legal residency....
captivesim
post Sep 5 2018, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Anyone apply Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489). This is a 4 years provisional visa. Once granted, within 4 years, you or your spouse must live 2 years and work 1 year in a specified regional area in Australia?

limeuu
post Sep 6 2018, 06:53 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(captivesim @ Sep 5 2018, 03:10 PM)
Anyone apply Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489). This is a 4 years provisional visa. Once granted, within 4 years, you or your spouse must live 2 years and work 1 year in a specified regional area in Australia?
There are very few 489 invites each round....in single digits only....

Since July when they switch from fortnightly to monthly rounds of invitation, only 10 each....

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAus...tion-round.aspx

This post has been edited by limeuu: Sep 7 2018, 08:54 AM
rodeon
post Mar 7 2023, 03:39 PM

48 posts

HI All,

I am reinitiating this topic to know about the ACS process. If anyone recently done the ACS for computer related assessment, please advise.

May I know what is the right document for below category?

Official government tax records or documents that may include payment summaries, group certificates or notices of assessment (citing company and applicant name)

thanks in advance,

R

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:21 PM