Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maxillofacial / Jaw Surgery

views

wawawi P
post Jan 13 2020, 01:11 AM

Probation
6 posts

QUOTE(purplelee @ Jan 12 2020, 12:37 PM)
Today is my 3rd week of post ops, underbite correction. I realise my bracket is falling off and the braces is shaking. However, I can’t open my mouth widely as per normal, Max capacity: 1 finger. Is it advisable to see orthodontist now?
I guess, thats normal. Even when i having my wisdom teeth removal, i can't open my mouth widely. It takes time. You can do jaw exercise.

If you feel insecure about your bracket then shouldn't be a problem see your ortho.
ianchng
post Jan 21 2020, 10:37 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(wawawi @ Jan 11 2020, 02:36 AM)
Hi mubin,

Seriosuly prudential insurance covered your surgery?,I did ask my insurance agent but why they said prudential can't cover for my surgery.. So sad. I've spent almost RM11k for plate, screw and hospitality. Thats weird..
Hi Wawawi,

Your RM11k included pre-surgical preparations like braces/implant? May i know who is your doctor for your surgery?

Thanks.
sallycinnamonnn
post May 30 2020, 06:26 PM

1 posts

Anyone did single jaw surgery only? How much does it cost in private hospital?
shaylovera P
post Jun 4 2020, 04:10 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hello everyone, I will have my surgery at the end of this year in PPUM but I am wondering, how successful is maxillofacial jaw surgery? also for underbite surgery?

shaylovera P
post Jun 4 2020, 04:12 PM

Probation
2 posts

and, is it worth it? like can you see the difference after the surgery? how much different?
MubinLoqman
post Jun 9 2020, 04:16 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(shaylovera @ Jun 4 2020, 04:12 PM)
and, is it worth it? like can you see the difference after the surgery? how much different?
Depends on your reason. For appearance, I'm not so sure. but for jaw pain or difficulty of eating, then a big YES.

In general, the major difference to me after the surgery is mainly my eating habits. It's much easier to eat nowadays. I can freaking bite a burger now and it actually cuts.

In term of my appearance, yes I do see quite a lot of difference. Since I used to have an overbite and an uneven jaw, my face looks long and I tend to subconsciously smirk a lot(in a bad way). But now I would say my face looks even and normal. My smile looks normal now and I can smile without being paranoid about how I look. Since my surgery, people I'm close with tend to not recognise me at first, but people that I'm not that close with does recognise me.

Recovery can be very diff from person to person, Like 70% of things I found on the internet doesn't occur to me which is why your Dr will always advise you to not read about the surgery on the internet.
TC KHIM P
post Jul 27 2020, 03:45 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(shaylovera @ Jun 4 2020, 04:10 PM)
Hello everyone, I will have my surgery at the end of this year in PPUM but I am wondering, how successful is maxillofacial jaw surgery? also for underbite surgery?
Can you share which doctor that will do surgery for u at PPUM ? because my son also will start to do the braces at next week and after 3 year will go for surgery also at PPUM.

Donalduckey P
post Sep 10 2020, 05:05 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(MRtoy @ Oct 15 2019, 12:35 AM)
Hi,

The Total cost of my surgery is RM 9000 (not inlcuded braces)

I took the first consultation when i first post about this topic and i just had my surgery on 9th October 2019.

I really recommend HUKM though. you can always just book an appointment for the consultation.
Does the price vary from case to case? I'm an expat, it seems to me getting it here in Malaysia is cheaper if not done in private institutions, but im not sure if Malaysian Government have extra charges for foreigners, or if foreigners can actually avail jaw surgery in government hospitals. Also it seems that the hospitals mentioned in this thread are all somewhere near if not on KL itself. Is there any government hospital that does jaw surgery near Penang?
dark_axl21
post Sep 10 2020, 05:11 AM

Casual
341 posts

QUOTE(Donalduckey @ Sep 10 2020, 05:05 AM)
Does the price vary from case to case? I'm an expat, it seems to me getting it here in Malaysia is cheaper if not done in private institutions, but im not sure if Malaysian Government have extra charges for foreigners, or if foreigners can actually avail jaw surgery in government hospitals. Also it seems that the hospitals mentioned in this thread are all somewhere near if not on KL itself. Is there any government hospital that does jaw surgery near Penang?
For a foreigner?
You're gonna be placed dead last on the list if you're not an "emergency" case for government institutions even if you get one. Why bother?
Considering with the current pandemic going on, elective treatments are not prioritized.

The term "cheaper" only applies if you're a citizen that is in dire need of surgery to correct the impairment with no or meager means to pay for it. So definitely expect a far different pricing compared to the locals.

This post has been edited by dark_axl21: Sep 10 2020, 05:17 AM
mashi.maro P
post Oct 18 2020, 04:24 AM

Probation
1 posts

anyone else who had their procedure done by Dr Rama, would you be so kind to share your experience? Like timeline, fees and whether you had any permanent numbness, asymmetrical face, etc biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i'd appreciate it! thanks a lot!

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    1.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 02:27 PM