Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 【Micro Four Thirds】Olympus & Panasonic Thread V8, Welcome post your shooting or question.

Rice_Owl84
post Yesterday, 03:27 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 21 2017, 12:55 PM)
I'm a videographer since 2010, made a living out of it.
my first camera was GH4 and due to my company's preference towards Canon back then i had to buy Metabones Speedbooster S. Back then had no Speedbooster Ultra, but works perfectly.

Fast forward till now, I bought a GH5 and thinking about getting the native lens.
I love prime lenses, great choice for commercial work and conceptual shooting.
But Zoom Lenses is damn useful for run and gun shooting solo.

Now I'm torn with a prime or a zoom lens.
Let's say if i have 6k,
and i have to choose between
Olympus Zuiko PRO F2.8 12-35 IS, Veydra Prime 12mm T2.2, Leica Nocticron 42mm (damn tight 85mm but beautiful), or Leica Lumix 12-60 mark II.

The reason I'm considering zoom lenses is because the Dual IS, having a gh5, i want to fully utilize my gear. But, the Primes are freakin' awesome in terms of cinematic quality.
So many sacrifices, so many trade offs for each of them.

which one is the best?
I have the GH5 and the 12-35mm F2.8 IS to bring out the Dual IS 2 is a must. You can leave Monopod and even tripod at home. It's that stable. And the tracking movement with a bit of practice looks like shoulder rig movement. To me, this lens is quite a strong foundation for the system. This lens is going to be on my gh5's body most of the time until it needs a specialty lens to bring something more magical. Also, the Dual IS on a gimbal makes the glide so smooth.

Then you can go buy all the F0.95 primes to deal with low light and DOF stuff. I have a Voigtlander 10.5mm F0.95, super bright, very wide while looking still linear. But these Voigtlander lenses are a bit too expensive (and also somewhat big for m43 lenses) so trying Mitakons, which are not bad at all. The focus peaking works well so these lenses so them focus pulls easily.

Native m43 lenses are great because they are so small you can bring your whole collection to a shoot without thinking it will take up too much space. DSLR lenses with speed booster you'll probably only want to bring no more than 3 lenses.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Sep 25 2017, 03:27 PM)
I have the GH5 and the 12-35mm F2.8 IS to bring out the Dual IS 2 is a must.  You can leave Monopod and even tripod at home.  It's that stable.  And the tracking movement with a bit of practice looks like shoulder rig movement.  To me, this lens is quite a strong foundation for the system.  This lens is going to be on my gh5's body most of the time until it needs a specialty lens to bring something more magical.  Also, the Dual IS on a gimbal makes the glide so smooth. 

Then you can go buy all the F0.95 primes to deal with low light and DOF stuff.  I have a Voigtlander 10.5mm F0.95, super bright, very wide while looking still linear.  But these Voigtlander lenses are a bit too expensive (and also somewhat big for m43 lenses) so trying Mitakons, which are not bad at all.  The focus peaking works well so these lenses so them focus pulls easily.

Native m43 lenses are great because they are so small you can bring your whole collection to a shoot without thinking it will take up too much space.  DSLR lenses with speed booster you'll probably only want to bring no more than 3 lenses.
Yeah! I fell in love with gh5 photo quality. Mindblown (before this with Gh4 I'm not even impressed and used my canon mark IV instead). So for run and gun solo shoot I'll save money to get that Pany 12-35mm IS.
For videography I'll get laowa 7.5mm wide lens, i'll use the Voigtlander 17mm for portrait (most probably the most used lens for my video), and some other primes from sigma or olympus.
Lucky for me, i got the Nokton 17mm used for 1700 at Times Square.

About the Speedbooster, i'm ditching everything behind as I'm realizing the potential of small lenses.
GH5 hands down is the best camera I've ever gotten hold on to. Don't care if i held some FS7, RED, C300, whatever, nothing beats GH5 and it's package. So reliable.

Mind if i ask how many batteries u have for GH5?
I got 3, and i feel like it drains faster than GH4.

This post has been edited by meamth: Yesterday, 04:30 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
incubus_skj
post Yesterday, 04:42 PM

On my way

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 25 2017, 12:58 PM)
Thank you bro. I ended up bought this instead:

user posted image

i'll find fixed wide lens at least 7mm and fixed zoom lens 40mm to 60mm.

Anyway anyone wants to purchase my Metabones speedbooster?

Carousel
I was in Akihabara last weekend and both Bic Camera and Yodobashi had display units of the 25mm 0.95, but no stock sad.gif
+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 04:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(incubus_skj @ Sep 25 2017, 04:42 PM)
I was in Akihabara last weekend and both Bic Camera and Yodobashi had display units of the 25mm 0.95, but no stock sad.gif
Got another one here at times square 99% condition, 17mm Nokton for just 2095 ringgit. (retail price 5-6k if buy in Malaysia brand new)

This post has been edited by meamth: Yesterday, 04:45 PM
+Quote Post
incubus_skj
post Yesterday, 04:48 PM

On my way

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 25 2017, 04:44 PM)
Got another one here at times square 99% condition, 17mm Nokton for just 2095 ringgit. (retail price 5-6k if buy in Malaysia brand new)
I already have the 15mm 1.7 and it's good enough liao

Just wanted to replace my aging 25mm 1.4 since the price is only like Rm3k converted in Japan, just that I can't find them in stock now fuuuuu
+Quote Post
iman_210
post Yesterday, 04:50 PM

1.0 bar @ 221WHP

looking for a used 40-150 f2.8. anybody wanted to trade thiers for cash?
+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(incubus_skj @ Sep 25 2017, 04:48 PM)
I already have the 15mm 1.7 and it's good enough liao

Just wanted to replace my aging 25mm 1.4 since the price is only like Rm3k converted in Japan, just that I can't find them in stock now fuuuuu
haiyo if Japan got no stock, where else? sad the price is that cheap for Voigtlander. sad.gif
+Quote Post
iJoel
post Yesterday, 05:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 25 2017, 04:44 PM)
That's such a steal, anymore stock left? Really wanted to get one
+Quote Post
Rice_Owl84
post Yesterday, 05:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 25 2017, 04:10 PM)
Yeah! I fell in love with gh5 photo quality. Mindblown (before this with Gh4 I'm not even impressed and used my canon mark IV instead). So for run and gun solo shoot I'll save money to get that Pany 12-35mm IS.
For videography I'll get laowa 7.5mm wide lens, i'll use the Voigtlander 17mm for portrait (most probably the most used lens for my video), and some other primes from sigma or olympus.
Lucky for me, i got the Nokton 17mm used for 1700 at Times Square.

About the Speedbooster, i'm ditching everything behind as I'm realizing the potential of small lenses.
GH5 hands down is the best camera I've ever gotten hold on to. Don't care if i held some FS7, RED, C300, whatever, nothing beats GH5 and it's package. So reliable.

Mind if i ask how many batteries u have for GH5?
I got 3, and i feel like it drains faster than GH4.
Two originals and four 3rd party batts. Testing out different third party brands and they seem all fine with gh5. Gh5 is not picky on its battery. Originals seem to last 20% longer so not a big deal.

Whole day shoot is about 3 batteries. I have a portable micro usb charger that can use power banks. So I kind of have unlimited power. Can rotate with just 2 batteries for the whole day. One in the camera and the other in the charger.
+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 06:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(iJoel @ Sep 25 2017, 05:32 PM)
That's such a steal, anymore stock left? Really wanted to get one
YES! They got one left! such a steal man, Crispy lens. Here's the address:

Acce camera centre
Level 8 east wing
Berjaya Times Square

+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 07:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Sep 25 2017, 05:43 PM)
Two originals and four 3rd party batts.  Testing out different third party brands and they seem all fine with gh5.  Gh5 is not picky on its battery.  Originals seem to last 20% longer so not a big deal.

Whole day shoot is about 3 batteries.  I have a portable micro  usb charger that can use power banks.  So I kind of have unlimited power.  Can rotate with just 2 batteries for the whole day.  One in the camera and the other in the charger.
I see, I noticed with the IBIS on, the battery drains twice as fast, i feel i need to get 2 more battery, coz i tend to shoot excessively. What portable micro USB charger you use? can you show us?
+Quote Post
Rice_Owl84
post Yesterday, 08:14 PM

On my way

QUOTE(meamth @ Sep 25 2017, 07:04 PM)
I see, I noticed with the IBIS on, the battery drains twice as fast, i feel i need to get 2 more battery, coz i tend to shoot excessively. What portable micro USB charger you use? can you show us?
Used this:

Attached Image

A big Power bank and a charger that accepts micro usb. So I don't always have to find a wall with a power outlet. I can charge it in my bag while on the go. I bought it in Hong Kong.

This post has been edited by Rice_Owl84: Yesterday, 08:19 PM
+Quote Post
Someonesim
post Yesterday, 09:22 PM

In my way

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Sep 25 2017, 08:14 PM)
Used this:

Attached Image

A big Power bank and a charger that accepts micro usb.  So I don't always have to find a wall with a power outlet.  I can charge it in my bag while on the go.  I bought it in Hong Kong.
wow didnt knew got such type charger. What's the rate of charging ? Coz even with wall outlet charging will take few hours.
+Quote Post
meamth
post Yesterday, 10:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Sep 25 2017, 08:14 PM)
Used this:

Attached Image

A big Power bank and a charger that accepts micro usb.  So I don't always have to find a wall with a power outlet.  I can charge it in my bag while on the go.  I bought it in Hong Kong.
Holy smokes that's nice. I'll try to get it.
+Quote Post
Rice_Owl84
post Yesterday, 10:47 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Sep 25 2017, 09:22 PM)
wow didnt knew got such type charger. What's the rate of charging ? Coz even with wall outlet charging will take few hours.
Says its output is 800mAh. Yeah I guess it can take between 2-3 hours to charge from empty to full depending on the battery. I'm not sure about charging mathematics. Usually, my battery lasts me anywhere between 2-4 hours so just in time to swap a fully charged one.
+Quote Post
zzzxtreme
post Today, 12:09 AM

Synth Freak

does anyone know if I could trade-in my em5 for em1 at olympus malaysia? haha

+Quote Post
zzzxtreme
post Today, 12:10 AM

Synth Freak

QUOTE(Someonesim @ Sep 25 2017, 09:22 PM)
outlet charging few hours really? the usb one charges in about 90 minutes from 0 to full
wall outlet less than that
the usb based charger is around RM10
+Quote Post
Someonesim
post Today, 07:37 AM

In my way

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ Sep 25 2017, 10:47 PM)
Says its output is 800mAh.  Yeah I guess it can take between 2-3 hours to charge from empty to full depending on the battery.  I'm not sure about charging mathematics.  Usually, my battery lasts me anywhere between 2-4 hours so just in time to swap a fully charged one.
Ya, it'll be useful for emergency. I have 3 batteries and can last me 8-10 hours of non-stop shooting, USB charger will be useful if you need more biggrin.gif

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ Sep 26 2017, 12:09 AM)
does anyone know if I could trade-in my em5 for em1 at olympus malaysia? haha
Your better bet will be YL. I know shashinki also accept used item but they based at Johor so you need to send there.

QUOTE(zzzxtreme @ Sep 26 2017, 12:10 AM)
outlet charging few hours really? the usb one charges in about 90 minutes from 0 to full
wall outlet less than that
the usb based charger is around RM10
Yeah around 2-3 hours, battery for EM1/EM5 sweat.gif
+Quote Post
bobds78
post Today, 11:33 AM

Regular

A shot I took of Penang Seafront from Mansion One tower about 2 months back while on a short family holiday trip, can't remember the floor number now doh.gif The floor has an open air verandah.

Some PP done with DxO Optics Pro 9(FREE!), shot taken with the venerable Olympus 12mm f2.0.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

69 Pages « < 67 68 69Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0793sec    3.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 08:48 PM