Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Considering on Toyota Innova, 120k budget for MPV Car advise.

views

askm3
post Aug 18 2016, 03:32 PM

Casual
382 posts

Space in Serena Hybrid is quite good for 2 adults 4 kids.

I'm driving a T.Wish with 2 Adults 3 kids btw.

My next baby is out end this year or early next year.

Plans to get a recon alphard, or budget a bit Serena. smile.gif

Toyota Innova is quite bumpy while in highway.. don't like that very much. And kinda underpower I would say.

This post has been edited by askm3: Aug 18 2016, 03:33 PM
TSHealerC
post Aug 18 2016, 03:52 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Aug 18 2016, 03:17 PM)
Innova does have higher height than Exora but that also makes Innova less stable during cornering at higher speed.

I would agree Serena would be a good choice. But some people don't like the look just like some people look down on all Proton.
Thanks for sharing......
Previously didn't get to test drive Serena because thought of it as out of my budget.... Will seriously consider on this... After hearing all this valuable comments...
TSHealerC
post Aug 18 2016, 03:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(askm3 @ Aug 18 2016, 03:32 PM)
Space in Serena Hybrid is quite good for 2 adults 4 kids.

I'm driving a T.Wish with 2 Adults 3 kids btw.

My next baby is out end this year or early next year.

Plans to get a recon alphard, or budget a bit Serena. smile.gif

Toyota Innova is quite bumpy while in highway.. don't like that very much. And kinda underpower I would say.
Thanks for sharing 😉
jfcheong
post Aug 18 2016, 04:17 PM

44 posts

IMO, Innova is very comfort for passengers. However it is too heavy too pulled by its engine. I rented Innova during my visit to Penang, fetching 6 adults 2 kids comfortably. But totally can not make it uphill, feel like a snail crawling. FC very bad. But it indeed comfort for passenger.

You can try look around on Toyota Wish.
Pro:
Within ur budget, decent power, enough cabin space for you family, easy to maneuver, good FC
Con:
Recon unit
TSHealerC
post Aug 18 2016, 04:37 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(jfcheong @ Aug 18 2016, 04:17 PM)
IMO, Innova is very comfort for passengers. However it is too heavy too pulled by its engine. I rented Innova during my visit to Penang, fetching 6 adults 2 kids comfortably. But totally can not make it uphill, feel like a snail crawling. FC very bad. But it indeed comfort for passenger.

You can try look around on Toyota Wish.
Pro:
Within ur budget, decent power, enough cabin space for you family, easy to maneuver, good FC
Con:
Recon unit
Kinda worry about recon car maintance fees.... Just in case so unlucky..... If u know what I mean..... I'm not affordable...
New car at least got few years warranty... 😆
amad108
post Aug 18 2016, 04:49 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

Estima is the best.. recond estima or used for year 2010 is around rm90k too..
but its used or recon.. for new hardly to fit comfortably for adult in 3rd row seat, need to extend ur budget to rm150k
TSHealerC
post Aug 18 2016, 05:00 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Aug 18 2016, 04:49 PM)
Estima is the best.. recond estima or used for year 2010 is around rm90k too..
but its used or recon.. for new hardly to fit comfortably for adult in 3rd row seat, need to extend ur budget to rm150k
No $$$$ or else I need to eat Maggi or bread everyday 😂😂😂😂
SUSOptiplex330
post Aug 18 2016, 05:22 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(HealerC @ Aug 18 2016, 05:00 PM)
No $$$$ or else I need to eat Maggi or bread everyday 😂😂😂😂
If the RM 80K Exora CFE suits your need, you can have steak instead of maggi mee.

There are pros and cons.
Pros
1. Much better chassis dynamic than Innova and ride comfort.
2. Powerful air cond with 3 rows of blowers.
3. Perfect height for old folks to get in and out of car.
4. Powerful enough engine due to turbo charging.

Cons.
1. Brand name.
2. Fuel consumption but I doubt it will be worst than Innova but I am not sure.
3. The CVT at low speed is noisy and rubber band feel.

Can't remember how the 3rd row seats compare.

Ginny88
post Aug 18 2016, 06:47 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(ashmanbigma @ Aug 18 2016, 04:43 PM)
innova is very under powered

true story - don't believe give it a drive but have at least 3 to 4 ride together then
youll know
I won't say it's very underpowered. I've driven it with 5 adults and 2 kids with luggage up to Cameron Highlands and it was a breeze. Never felt the engine was underpowered.
SleeplessEyes
post Aug 18 2016, 07:03 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Aug 18 2016, 06:47 PM)
I won't say it's very underpowered. I've driven it with 5 adults and 2 kids with luggage up to Cameron Highlands and it was a breeze. Never felt the engine was underpowered.
Just my humble opinion, no offense,

You should try the same amount of passengers and luggage up Uncle Lim's hill to really stretch the VVTI engine to the limit.
180NM of torque at 4000RPM means at 2000RPM-2500RPM probably you are using half of it only, to carry heavy loads.

Cameron Highland, regardless Tapah or the Simpang Pulai, both the hill incline is not that steep compared to Uncle Lim.

I dont own a Innova, but I've test driven the Innova (not the latest generation) at one showroom and I find the auto gearbox tune to be quite relaxed. Not as spirited as the older generation Camry 2.0L (yes I know, 2 different cars and engine).

SUSOptiplex330
post Aug 18 2016, 07:43 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Aug 18 2016, 07:03 PM)

You should try the same amount of passengers and luggage up Uncle Lim's hill to really stretch the VVTI engine to the limit.
180NM of torque at 4000RPM means at 2000RPM-2500RPM probably you are using half of it only, to carry heavy loads.

Cameron Highland, regardless Tapah or the Simpang Pulai, both the hill incline is not that steep compared to Uncle Lim.

I dont own a Innova, but I've test driven the Innova (not the latest generation) at one showroom and I find the auto gearbox tune to be quite relaxed. Not as spirited as the older generation Camry 2.0L (yes I know, 2 different cars and engine).
Innova has such so low torque? if so, that means the Exora CFE is a lot more powerful at 205 NM at 2000 rpm onward

yattnana
post Aug 18 2016, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

Innova is showing its age already....even the exhaust sound bad. Sound more like lorry than an mpv. And the spare wheel mounted like a truck.....with chain and all
amad108
post Aug 18 2016, 08:45 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(ashmanbigma @ Aug 18 2016, 04:43 PM)
innova is very under powered

true story - don't believe give it a drive but have at least 3 to 4 ride together then
youll know
3-4 adults innova 2.0 underpower already? compare with 3-4 people inside exora?
so then how about grand livina and alza? nissan serena s-hybrid?

at least make comparison..
amad108
post Aug 18 2016, 08:46 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Aug 18 2016, 06:47 PM)
i would say CRV 2.0 is underpower.. even with latest model
yattnana
post Aug 18 2016, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Aug 18 2016, 08:45 PM)
3-4 adults innova 2.0 underpower already? compare with 3-4 people inside exora?
so then how about grand livina and alza? nissan serena s-hybrid?

at least make comparison..
RWD setup like on innova typically saps more power than the more efficient FWD configuration like on Serena.....couple that with Nissan's excellent CVT transmission, the difference is like night and day
kluseng
post Aug 18 2016, 09:05 PM

Casual
473 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Aug 18 2016, 07:03 PM)

You can say a car is underpowered if it feels sluggish carrying a load of say 4-5 adults on the flat. To test it with full load on a steep hill isn't fair even if it goes up sluggishly as many other average cars would feel the same.

I'm no expert but 2.0L engine seems about right for the size of the Innova although it may not give a spirited drive. If 1.5L is good enough for the Sienta why is 2.0L on the Innova considered under powered? If you compare their curb weights Innova is 33% heavier than Sienta and has 33% more engine capacity. This is a rough rule of thumb - we could compare max HP but a car isn't driven at max HP all the time.
yattnana
post Aug 18 2016, 09:13 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ Aug 18 2016, 09:05 PM)
You can say a car is underpowered if it feels sluggish carrying a load of say 4-5 adults on the flat. To test it with full load on a steep hill isn't fair even if it goes up sluggishly as many other average cars would feel the same.

I'm no expert but 2.0L engine seems about right for the size of the Innova although it may not give a spirited drive. If 1.5L is good enough for the Sienta why is 2.0L on the Innova considered under powered? If you compare their curb weights Innova is 33% heavier than Sienta and has 33% more engine capacity. This is a rough rule of thumb - we could compare max HP but a car isn't driven at max HP all the time.
Sienta is FWD with CVT......the driveline loss is way lesser than innova with its ancient truck based rwd layout and ancient 4spd at
SUSOptiplex330
post Aug 18 2016, 09:29 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(kluseng @ Aug 18 2016, 09:05 PM)

Must also look at max torque coming at what rpm. Someone posted saying for Innova, it came at 4000 rpm whereas a Exora came at 2000 rpm and hold that till 4000 rpm so it's more derivable. And the Exora CVT probably helps also.

This post has been edited by Optiplex330: Aug 18 2016, 09:30 PM
haturaya
post Aug 18 2016, 09:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(HealerC @ Aug 18 2016, 11:38 AM)
Hi everyone, 

We need a car that fit 2 adults and 4 kids.... Hence,  we are considering Toyota Innova since our budget is 120K.
I always hear lots of complaints about the fuel consumption issue.

I looking for full honesty from people who had experience with current Toyota innova about the comfort of ride ,practicality and performance for the price...... 

Or any suggestions for the budget of 120k ?

Tried grand living,  alza and avanza before....  3rd row seating is torturing if ride for long distance.......  Therefore these 3  is out.
How about 2nd hand / recon Odyssey? The third row seats any average adult comfortably. AC vents on 2nd and 3rd row. It's within your price range. Can service in any Honda SC. Plenty of power (2.4L).

This post has been edited by haturaya: Aug 18 2016, 09:36 PM
therain01
post Aug 18 2016, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(HealerC @ Aug 18 2016, 11:38 AM)
Hi everyone, 

We need a car that fit 2 adults and 4 kids.... Hence,  we are considering Toyota Innova since our budget is 120K.
I always hear lots of complaints about the fuel consumption issue.

I looking for full honesty from people who had experience with current Toyota innova about the comfort of ride ,practicality and performance for the price...... 

Or any suggestions for the budget of 120k ?

Tried grand living,  alza and avanza before....  3rd row seating is torturing if ride for long distance.......  Therefore these 3  is out.
Go check Hyundai starex. Luxury, comfort, roomy, and the best part, diesel power.

Around rm 100k for a 2 years used car.

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:21 PM