Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Considering on Toyota Innova, 120k budget for MPV Car advise.

views

Deja Vu
post Nov 2 2017, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,851 posts

QUOTE(yattnana @ Nov 2 2017, 09:29 AM)
Just a bring a mechanic along to inspect the car
QUOTE(0300078 @ Nov 2 2017, 08:50 AM)
honestly speaking recon vellfire and alphard are way more than any other new mpv in the market. Innova recently pickup abit... but this model already launch for a year, and it is much slower to gain traction compare to the previous models where it was hot selling back then.
Buying new or used depends on personal preference, including how comfortable one is when it comes to loan eligibility, hidden wear and tear, and perhaps most importantly for recon vehicles, the willingness to accept that its used and stuff like a tempered odometer is just the tip of the iceberg among items 'refurbished' by a group of people specializing in handling recon vehicle before the resale.

Personally as an owner of 4 cars bought used with the newest purchased when it was 9yrs old, there will never be any sort of guarantee that a used vehicle is fine, even if you brought a mechanic to inspect the vehicle. From experience, cars taken and traded in to be resold will have the most obvious damages fixed or at least 'patched' aka temporary-fix with the least cost and expected last until the so-called dealer's 'warranty period' expires. It is these 'patch repairs' that is the hardest to detect (not to mention often more costly) and most likely surface after a few months from the purchase.

Therefore the basic preparation I usually tell anyone willing to take up this option to be ready for unexpected repair hassles.

But back to topic, RM120K would only be sufficient for a 08/09 made Alphard or an even older Vellfire, which even if cash-purchased, isn't really worth a gamble given the vehicle's age.
post Nov 2 2017, 11:22 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

QUOTE(Deja Vu @ Nov 2 2017, 10:52 AM)
Buying new or used depends on personal preference, including how comfortable one is when it comes to loan eligibility, hidden wear and tear, and perhaps most importantly for recon vehicles, the willingness to accept that its used and stuff like a tempered odometer is just the tip of the iceberg among items 'refurbished' by a group of people specializing in handling recon vehicle before the resale.

Personally as an owner of 4 cars bought used with the newest purchased when it was 9yrs old, there will never be any sort of guarantee that a used vehicle is fine, even if you brought a mechanic to inspect the vehicle. From experience, cars taken and traded in to be resold will have the most obvious damages fixed or at least 'patched' aka temporary-fix with the least cost and expected last until the so-called dealer's 'warranty period' expires. It is these 'patch repairs' that is the hardest to detect (not to mention often more costly) and most likely surface after a few months from the purchase.

Therefore the basic preparation I usually tell anyone willing to take up this option to be ready for unexpected repair hassles.

But back to topic, RM120K would only be sufficient for a 08/09 made Alphard or an even older Vellfire, which even if cash-purchased, isn't really worth a gamble given the vehicle's age.
for that price i do agree u better off buying something u can afford which is new. A recon and 08/09 car most likely will need a lot of replacement.
genyou90
post Nov 2 2017, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(Deja Vu @ Nov 2 2017, 10:52 AM)

Agreed. Once u have decided to get an used or recon car, then u have well prepare the money for repair. Not said that it must have part have issue but chances to be is higher than the new car. Of course, new car also have the risk to be broke as well. That's why have those 3 years or 5 years warranty period.

For conclusion, just take risk warranty or risk without warranty.
Cheryl227
post Nov 3 2017, 01:51 PM

2 posts

Already place booking for Innova X. Very excited while waiting for loan approval and car only available by Dec (Red colour).
genyou90
post Nov 3 2017, 02:08 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(Cheryl227 @ Nov 3 2017, 01:51 PM)
Already place booking for Innova X. Very excited while waiting for loan approval and car only available by Dec (Red colour).
wow, any year end rebate now ? as i know X type is more expensive, with the pilot seat. But with pilot seat then the last row seat will be less space. How is last row seat flip up ? before i know is flip to both left and right side when is 2 seat at last row.

amad108
post Nov 3 2017, 06:12 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

With recond, you never knew what will happen.. sometimes you need to fork out your own money to repair when the dealer just "lepas tangan" like that..
Maintenance also play a major role fir buyer to buy a car.. with bigger car sure the maintenance is higher..
amad108
post Nov 3 2017, 06:13 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(Cheryl227 @ Nov 3 2017, 01:51 PM)
Wow, congrats bro.. the red sure looks nice
Cheryl227
post Nov 4 2017, 12:29 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(genyou90 @ Nov 3 2017, 02:08 PM)
wow, any year end rebate now ? as i know X type is more expensive, with the pilot seat. But with pilot seat then the last row seat will be less space. How is last row seat flip up ? before i know is flip to both left and right side when is 2 seat at last row.
Only the second row is pilot seat, while the third row is same 3 seats, and yes is flip to left and right side.
I got the rebate is 6k now.
dstl1128
post Nov 4 2017, 06:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

I prefer 2nd row bench more than pilot seats. Nicer to sleep.
MonsterPips
post Nov 18 2017, 02:58 PM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Oct 31 2017, 11:09 AM)
Because its SUV, comfort is lesser compare any MPV.. Estima i can say the best comfort level for MPV, spacious too..

but maintainance can be on higher side, with 2.4 engine, recond, 17-18 inch sport rims and many more.. i end up with Sienta with smaller engine and it size similar with Alza but much more spacious and premium.. Sienta is true poor man Alphard coz have power sliding door for V n G spec..
how is the sienta so far? How many family member you have?
The boot looks too small. How many bags you can fit with full seater?

Went to showroom today. Boot space big concern to me. So went back undecided
amad108
post Nov 18 2017, 07:05 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(MonsterPips @ Nov 18 2017, 02:58 PM)
how is the sienta so far? How many family member you have?
The boot looks too small. How many bags you can fit with full seater?

Went to showroom today. Boot space big concern to me. So went back undecided
Well i rarely use all seats, 3rd row normally just put below 2nd row to use the bigger area.. when travel balik kampung, a lot of stuff i wanna bring so its really spacious with 3rd row hiding below 2nd row seats
I got me n my wife and 3 kids (4 years old, 5 years old and 1 1/2 years old)
If u r fully use all seats, the space its quite small where only 2-3 small luggage is possible.. BRV better with 3rd row up.. while Innova is far more bigger..
wrc123
post Nov 20 2017, 10:29 AM

14 posts

I have seen the new Toyota Innova 2.0 GX.
Spacious and the interior is much luxury than old innova.
It can comfortably seats 7 adults.
There are individual aircon vent for all passengers.
It also have higher ground clearance than a sedan and sit and drives smoothly like a SUV.
I like the Toyota Innova 2.0GX as its really value for money.

The cons is its boxy design exterior.
nickl3ss
post May 25 2018, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Bros... Is innova really a bumpy ride and high fuel consumption... Any feedback from the new innova owners
nickl3ss
post May 27 2018, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Cheryl227 @ Nov 4 2017, 12:29 AM)
Only the second row is pilot seat, while the third row is same 3 seats, and yes is flip to left and right side.
I got the rebate is 6k now.
Can pm sales contact

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:39 PM