Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Plan to buy a NEW/USED car?(V3),, ASK HERE for recommendations

views

suadrif
post Aug 21 2016, 08:37 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Jun 27 2016, 01:35 PM)
2008 Toyota Estima 2.4 unreg - i'm guessing the oldest (2008) model would be where the starting price of RM118k starts. So what do you think? 20k extra from your budget but would be your dream car, right?

2005 Toyota Alphard 3.0 - it is cheap and recon, but prepare for a pretty hefty roadtax  sweat.gif

Anyway I think your choice of Wish/Stream is good, but actually they're in the same class as the Livina, so space wise they're not far apart. Anyway, new Livina and unreg Stream/Wish would all be using 1800cc at maximum spec. Talking about spec the Wish has a slight advantage over the Steam as the Wish/Livina has doouble aircon blowers while the Steam only has one so it will get pretty hot for the back row of seats.

2016 Toyota Sienta 1.5 - you might have seen this so let me just tell what it is, basically it is the Toyota version of a Perodua Alza. A b-segment sized MPV. So, yeah, space wise it sucks. End.

2016 Chery Eastar 2.0 and 2016 Chery Maxime 2.0 - well actually the Maxime is the replacement model for the Eastar. I think you might have come across it. Based on specs and looks I'm quite suspicious it is some cetak rompak/JV version of an older Toyota Wish but I can't be too sure. There also is no crash test information for this car so driving it on highways often is a risk but spec wise it looks good. You might see these cars for sale so you have my two cents.

2010/2011 Toyota Wish 1.8 - i suppose end of the day the most wise choice would be picking up a car like this, the facelift model of the Wish, since it has a pretty good spec -- upgraded gearbox with 7AT, Eco mode, touch screen DVD, and limited warranty (normally for recon/grey import cars they'll give you a years worth of warranty for the major components like engine/gearbox). But of course it lacks the power doors and boot. Less headache with a Wish as maintenance and parts will always be cheap.
Hi Zenix

Thanks for your previous suggestion 🙂

After long time considering your suggestion, i narrow down my selection into these two:
http://m.mudah.my/view?ca=9_3_s&cg=1020&q=...&ad_id=48035513

http://m.mudah.my/view?ca=9_3_s&cg=1020&q=...&ad_id=48022807

Looking for your advice, Which one is better?
I drop out Wish & Stream because some user told that it doesn't have rear aircond.
suadrif
post Aug 25 2016, 04:48 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Aug 25 2016, 03:47 PM)
I cannot see the first link, the second link is a mazda5 mpv i see.
That Mazda is a good car, is well spec'ed and depreciated alot from it's original price.
Quite a good buy but of course the only thing you might have to content with is the maintenance.
It isn't as common as an Avanza but not as rare as a Scenic, so expect maintenance and parts to be above average in price if you compare to anything from Toyota (budget asswipes like to talk about this) but be reminded you're in a car much nicer to drive and be inside than most Toyota's of this price range.

Wish got rear aircon, stream doesn't.
unfortunately the first link was dropped out sweat.gif
i am comparing between an old Toyota Estima Year 2002 with Mazda 5 since it is within my annual budget range.
RM50k for initial cost for either both of this but unable to decide which is better.

But so far i haven't seen any Wish with rear aircond? confused.gif
suadrif
post Jul 23 2018, 04:03 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

1. Brand : Any reputable brand except continental or Haval
2. Budget : RM60k or monthly around RM600
3. New/Used/Unreg : New or Used Car
4. Specs : Any
5. Transmission : Automatic
6. NA or FI : any
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks : looking for a reliable, not so expensive maintenance, comfort car for outstation.. already owned Honda Stream and Saga BLM (more than 200k mileage). now want to replace my SAGA BLM because will be frequently outstation to east coast. most important is for highway cruising/long range outstation like kl-kuantan, kl-tganu, kl-jb on same day return trip..

My priority:
Good NVH to reduce tiredness, comfy, good FC, good handling, frequent cruising speed 120-140.
Currently looking for New Myvi 1.5 full spec or Used Subaru XV.
Based on review, the XV fuel consumption is more or less similar to my current Saga which is around 8.3 to 9.0 L/100km.
If go for Myvi, the fuel consumption is 50% but is smaller.
suadrif
post May 19 2019, 03:49 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

1. Brand : Toyota/Mazda/Conti
2. Budget : 70k~ or monthly less than rm900
3. New/Used/Unreg : New
4. Specs : any
5. Transmission : any
6. NA or FI : any
7. Type : sedan or hatchback
8. Remarks : now i am using Saga & Honda Stream. Wanna try something else than Honda. Now aiming for Toyota Yaris/Mazda 2 or Volkswagen Vento.

My dilemma is:
Yaris have 7 airbag but maintenance is normal
Mazda 2 is less airbag but maintenance is free for 5 years
Vento is prestigious car but may not reliable for long term..

Which one is overall better?

I m not concern bout space because i already had my Honda Stream.
This car is only for my work purposes (enter town and long distance outstation more than 300km every week)

Hope can get a good advice.

suadrif
post May 23 2019, 02:43 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ May 22 2019, 05:56 PM)

Vento has two variants.
1) 1.4 TSI & 7 speed DSG gearbox
2) 1.6 MPI & 6 speed Aisin gearbox

While (1) is more fun to drive with better pickup and power, (2) is more reliable. You can go wrong with Aisin gearboxes, and the 1.6MPI is similar to Toyota's VVTI engine technology. But the strong point about the Vento is the size and comfort, the Vento will have a slightly more stiff suspension but it doesn't feel harsh but it does give you confidence at corners. And for long 300km drives it is a decent replacement if you can't go for C-segment cars like Civic as road noise, vibrations, etc on B-segment cars will make you more tired. e.g. I felt very tiring driving GCE highway on a Kelisa but that same highway on a Vios was a breeze.

Yaris suspension like most Toyota's are floppy like spaghetti. Mazda 2 has a good conti inspired interior, skyactiv engine has good FC and power but the rear seats are almost as usable as coupe rear seats -- leg space is very cramped. Also the Skyactiv engine is quite complicated so do enjoy the 5 years with Mazda but maintenance outside will be on the higher side compared to simpler ones in the Vento and Yaris.
thanks zenix for the explanation
but Mazda maintenance is higher than Vento?
based on above, i would prefer Mazda but if Vento is less expensive for maintenance, then i might go for Vento

QUOTE(Slyp @ May 23 2019, 01:57 AM)
Any suggestion which would be a better pick?

Toyota Yaris J Variant Vs Honda City S Variant.

Travel to outstation once in a while.
Prefer good FC, comfort and reliable.
i guess your requirement is same as mine above except that i dont want City laugh.gif
suadrif
post Nov 1 2019, 12:48 PM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

1. Brand : Any
2. Budget : 30k
3. Used
4. Specs :
5. Transmission : Any
6. NA or FI : NA
7. Type : Any
8. Remarks :2nd car to go around city and daily highway for outstation

Currently aiming for New Full Spec Saga or Used Full Spec Iriz. Which one is better buy? Or any other car is better?
suadrif
post Apr 29 2022, 08:27 AM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

QUOTE(julesfss @ Apr 23 2022, 11:35 PM)
Hello, sifus!

It's my first time buying a car and I'm looking to get opinions on the best choice I can do in my situation.

Brand: No preference
Budget: Looking to pay maximum RM1,200 a month
Condition: New
Type: Sedan
Transmission: Auto
Usage: City driving, occasional interstate travel (maybe like once every few months)
Remarks: Reliability and safety

Here is my current list, ranked from most likely to get to the least likely:

1. 2022 Proton Persona

Pros: Looks nice, fits my budget (around ~RM700 per month), has an overall good feel for the driving and comfort
Cons: Doesn't have Apple CarPlay, no backseat headrest, concerns over reliability and maintenance

2. 2020 Bezza

Pros: Looks nice, fits my budget, good driving experience
Cons: Concerns over safety and strength, like the Persona design more

3. 2022 Vios

Pros: Interior and driving experience feels a lot nicer
Cons: Not too sure if it's worth the price

I'd like to know if the Persona is the best option for my situation and requirements. Happy to know if there are other recommendations in this price range too. Thank you!
i was in same condition as you.
but my eye was on New Almera Turbo.
not suit to your preferences?
suadrif
post Apr 29 2022, 08:32 AM

<Safe Online Trader>
2,646 posts

1. Brand: Any
2. Budget: RM99k
3. New/Used/Unreg: Prefer new
4. Specs: No preference
5. Transmission: Auto
6. NA or FI?: No preference
7. Type: Preferably SUV or Sedan.
8. Remarks:
now comparing all these 5 but seems prefer New Almera Turbo. but is there any better option?

Honda City Sedan - OK, interior and exterior. but too common
Honda City Hatchback - space not enough for family car
Toyota Vios - OK but exterior not to my liking. driving feels bored.
Mazda 2 Sedan - OK but too pricy. beyond my budget
New Almera Turbo - OK, fuel consumption better than all, almost comparable to Axia. beats down vios. Interior is spacious. seat is better than Honda. but i got no experience in turbo car.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:49 PM