Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

YES 4G voice , sms and Internet

views

LostAndFound
post May 17 2021, 10:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

Is anyone here actually using Yes as their primary data line? Coverage enough ah
LostAndFound
post May 25 2021, 09:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ May 24 2021, 04:13 PM)
Im on my 2nd month of Yes4G KasiUp b40, and so far it has been proven with sufficient coverage. No issues of lack of coverage.
I have been to deep inside Sepang kampung district (Note: before the Inter District ban) and it survives there.

Unlike the other line, Unifi mobile which sometimes goes into 3G, a bit annoying. But only my particular area.
Thanks, I already activated my free YES line and it seems to work fine in my home area. Unfortunately with inter district I can't (yet) test it out at my work area...
LostAndFound
post Jun 15 2021, 01:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

Currently all the shopee vouchers for Yes do not extend validity right? Just extra data?
LostAndFound
post Jun 16 2021, 08:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Jun 15 2021, 04:00 PM)
Depends how you read it. Those that work with the government before knows that the mark ups are normally higher (2x - 3x is not uncommon) than MSRP because the company need to finance the equipment before they get paid 3-4 years later. Even the quote for the equipment can be delayed for 2 years or more before approval. This is a norm. No slandering here because we all know that is a sensitive issue. Thanks for giving the heads up.

admin .. if there is any hint of slandering, please delete my post as I do not want to get anyone in trouble. Your discretion is much appreciated.
Can ignore that guy la, simply say 'slander' for anything is a lazy boomer's thinking.
LostAndFound
post Jul 5 2021, 12:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Jul 5 2021, 11:50 AM)
Yes I get triggered when people have no clue what they talking about like majority of those in YES 4G FB... because what they are basically is saying for RM 180 or RM 300, they want a flagship phone .. wait .. deserve/entitle to a flagship phone. Very few actually are being practical. Good for you if you can afford a flagship phone.

Haha .. work for YES.. if that is the only conclusion you can come up with so be it. Better to say I am the son of YES/ YTL boss  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
The original phone that was given out was unusable. Not about flagship or not. Unusable for any educational purpose. Whatsapp also lag, zoom/google meet then how? 1GB ram is below budget phone range (especially when compared to what you can buy on open market for RM300).
LostAndFound
post Jul 5 2021, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Jul 5 2021, 01:18 PM)
Yes it is not worth it if you are comparing it to a RM 300 new phone but it is a RM 180 phone and RM 120 is transferred to increasing the data from 15 GB to 30GB.

If you read the Jaringan Prihatin details, what I see YES did was this

Tebus RM180 : Altitude Phone + 15GB data

Tebus RM 300 : Tebus RM180 + 15GB (RM 120 is used to pay for this for 15GB x 12 months).

So actually the phone price is the same for both Tebus if you calculate it out based on the details from Jaringan Prihatin. i believe this is correct because any business would not sell a product at 2 different price points without a ton of added benefit on the more expensive option.

Whatsapp, wechat and Tiktok are heavy apps. I haven't tested zoom/google meet. How Android GO handles multitasking, I will know when I receive my unit.
Its only fair if compare within Yes' own offerings. And heavy or not, Whatsapp and Zoom and Google Meet are necessary for the primary purpose of the prihatin plan. If YTL give out devices which can't fulfill those basic requirements then they're scamming government's prihatin money.
LostAndFound
post Jul 6 2021, 08:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Jul 5 2021, 04:46 PM)
But what are the apps required by local government schools ? Please share as I also want to know.

And as I read the reply from MCMC before, telcos are based on willing buyer willing seller. So basically there are options but if you choose wrong, then it is buyer's fault.

The few telcos I checked did display what their Prihatin smartphone offerings were but YES 4G only mentioned "Free phone" (YES did later on put the details in the FAQ) but with no details whatsoever and the buyer willingly accept it. So when buyer's remorse kicks in its too late.

I am aware of this also when I willingly click the YES Free Phone + data rather than option 2 which is 30GB data no phone because I do not want money out of pocket and I need a VoLTE phone due to Jendela. With low expectations, I was happy that it came with Android Go rather than Android 7 or below. I am on Tebus RM180.

I don't know how Android Go memory management is yet as there is no much data online. But leaving a few apps in the background will not be good and with a quad core CPU, it will be a bit laggy as you can also see with the Samsung A02.

These are based on expectations and what data I have gathered.
Depends on schools. Majority is google meet for the actual class, and google classroom for homework. Some teachers prefer to use zoom as google meet has no good moderation (mute all students) functionality.

Dunno why you so keen to blame buyer and absolve telco, and use your own prihatin-ness to justify. By the same logic just because you avoid buying in to an MLM scam means those who got conned into it for whatever reason have to bear the blame, and the actual scammer is blameless?
LostAndFound
post Jun 9 2022, 09:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

Anyone else having zero connectivity (indoor or outdoor) last 2 days?

From Avenue K to Subang Jaya I just got no connection at all. Got full or only one less bar, phone shows LTE2.
LostAndFound
post Jun 9 2022, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jun 9 2022, 12:41 PM)
What phone is this? Tim Team Apple?
Kimchi team, Galaxy Note 20 Utra.
LostAndFound
post Jun 9 2022, 03:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jun 9 2022, 01:49 PM)
Ensure to put the Yeoh Tiong Lay's SIM card inside SIM1 slot...
I have been using it in sim2 slot for more than a year di....

EDIT: Anyway moving it to sim1 sloit same thing. Reception ada, signal ada, but no connection.

This post has been edited by LostAndFound: Jun 9 2022, 06:13 PM
LostAndFound
post Jun 29 2022, 04:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jun 28 2022, 11:34 PM)
3) Once the Shopee Databack finished (within 30 days period), buy 10GB LTE add-ons for RM15 (from the step 1 reload earlier. No need reload anymore),
Ya'll can finish the 100GB databack in 30 days?
LostAndFound
post Jul 1 2022, 11:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(dgboy @ Jul 1 2022, 10:34 AM)
second time port out is smooth now that I know Yes tricks already
What tricks they apply?
LostAndFound
post Aug 19 2022, 04:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

If don't care about the number.... can just terminate one and order sim card for the other right?
LostAndFound
post Sep 7 2022, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Sep 6 2022, 03:12 PM)
Shopee having free YES 5G SIM again so go get it before its gone. Last night finished then check just now, it is available again.

The YES website free SIM I cannot claim already even with different phone numbers that is not YES number as they already locked out my IC I think. I order, then the status will be cancelled after like 15 minutes... shiit.

The thing with using YES for data is there is some sort of a firewall. Not all websites can be access as it will time out... or it will take forever just to load. This is the downside of YES if use as main line.
Even you get the sim card, how you gonna register your IC on their system?

So far I'm not sure what website is it that cannot access, haven't experience you, do you have any example? I been using their free education line since last year pandemic.
LostAndFound
post Sep 7 2022, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(jycy98 @ Sep 7 2022, 10:48 AM)
Have to download their MyYes app from app/play store. Then activate you sim card from there. Need to take picture of your ic and selfie.
Uh yes I know as I also am a YES user... but the user I was replying to said buy from shopee because can't get from website di. Was just pointing out that if YES really blocked your IC, even you get the sim card from shopee is waste of time also, because to activate it need IC....
LostAndFound
post Sep 8 2022, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Sep 7 2022, 09:32 PM)
That is a long time already. The databack approval is from Shopee side and Shopee do not follow their own T&C .. based on Completed Status. Shopee count it how ever way they want. I also kena before .. suppose to get 30GB but only got 15GB. Complaint but to no avail even when I provided screenshots based on their T&C .. Shopee just ignore.
I've gotten the 100GB every month for a while already. In fact in YES app I'm not sure why it is not expiring correctly (currently shows 263GB available). Their system buggy I think.
LostAndFound
post Sep 8 2022, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(alpha @ Sep 8 2022, 03:33 PM)
for the same category yes data redeem amount, let say 100gb expire on 8 september (still leftover 40gb), if you redeem  another same category free shopee yes data, in this case is 100gb, the leftover 40gb from previous redeemed 100gb will stack up with the newly redeemed 100gb and total amounting to 140gb with another new 30days expiry date, which is 8 oct,

the conclusion, for the same category free yes shopee data, as long as redeeme before expiry date, the data will stack up and the expiry date wiill extend another 30 days.

the condition is using the same simcard to redeem every month.
So can be almost infinite rollover? That's cool!
LostAndFound
post Sep 9 2022, 10:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(kit2 @ Sep 8 2022, 11:17 PM)
wow, so every month must make the same total amount of purchase on shopee? not an easy feat to me.
Just make sure more than 1k every month tongue.gif

QUOTE(mlamlam @ Sep 9 2022, 09:54 AM)
managed to get 8 sim cards from shopee without paying anything, enough for me to use for 8 months

using a sim card can keep the number but need to pay RM 15 to extends its validity.

my area coverage is still bad, only 800Mhz are in coverage, 2300Mhz only have 1 of 5 bar signal near the windows, but taman main road have 2600Mhz full bar signal

but my taman area both Maxis and Digi has 4CA and speed can be 160Mbps - 200Mbps ++
Same question I had previously, so what if you have 8 sim cards, when activating don't you have to provide IC details? Won't you be blocked from activating after 5?
LostAndFound
post Sep 29 2022, 10:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(JohnnyWKY @ Sep 29 2022, 10:34 AM)
wow, look like a powerful never die SIM  shocking.gif
hopefully I not yet throw away my dad sim  drool.gif
and can reload in future some years  brows.gif  if network coverage come back in Sibu  brows.gif
They not interested to take back the number meh? That's why sim die after a while ma.
LostAndFound
post Oct 25 2022, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(mlamlam @ Oct 25 2022, 02:28 PM)
So in conclusion, cannot only topup RM15 keep maintain SIM active and use databack ..
Can, but you will only get to use 4G not 5G.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1439sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:52 AM