Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

USA Stock Discussion v8, Brexit: What happens now?

views

Barricade
post Mar 9 2024, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,049 posts

Pullback already…. Thread lightly
brokenbomb
post Mar 10 2024, 12:48 PM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Barricade @ Mar 9 2024, 04:48 PM)
Pullback already…. Thread lightly
Finally.. been waiting since January.. let it sleep until June..
Hansel
post Mar 13 2024, 03:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(Medufsaid @ Mar 7 2024, 03:58 PM)
Hansel I bought & sold. now harder to determine the future direction since $BTC hit ATH.

if really want to short, can use $BITI
Thank you for all earlier replies, bros,...

I am playing 'in both directions', bro Medufsaid,....I bought-in on 'BITI' and am now at 16.23% RED.

Too bad,... I took profit on many spot BTC etfs earlier, thinking that BTC price would reverse,... I have left ONLY 'IBIT' now, at 36.62% GREEN.

With BTC price breaking new highs everyday,.....................

Shld I buy-up any etfs again,... average down on 'BITI' more to capture on the pullbacks,... can't decide what to do,.............. sad.gif

And I've got a new gf distracting me !!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif ,..... can't concentrate,... biggrin.gif

Edited by adding : what would you guys do if you're in my situation ? I still have USDs standing-by to deploy,...

This post has been edited by Hansel: Mar 13 2024, 04:04 PM
lamode
post Mar 15 2024, 01:07 PM

anything could happen!
3,797 posts

TSLA boat coming back, anyone buying ticket?
I bought a $200 call option yesterday brows.gif
MasterConfucion
post Mar 16 2024, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
909 posts

Quick question plz. Any reason not to have Microsoft, apply, google and visa/master in your stock portfolio? Every investors have them..
mois
post Mar 16 2024, 10:25 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(lamode @ Mar 15 2024, 01:07 PM)
TSLA boat coming back, anyone buying ticket?
I bought a $200 call option yesterday  brows.gif
Tesla still downtrending isnt?
Barricade
post Mar 16 2024, 10:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,049 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Mar 16 2024, 08:12 PM)
Quick question plz. Any reason not to have Microsoft, apply, google and visa/master in your stock portfolio? Every investors have them..
Those are pretty strong companies. But I’m a bit worried about Apple lately. Their products no longer attractive, no new innovation and you can see the sales are declining. 30% of my US portfolio is AAPL and I’m not looking to add any at the moment
MasterConfucion
post Mar 17 2024, 12:24 AM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(Barricade @ Mar 16 2024, 10:57 PM)
Those are pretty strong companies. But I’m a bit worried about Apple lately. Their products no longer attractive, no new innovation and you can see the sales are declining. 30% of my US portfolio is AAPL and I’m not looking to add any at the moment
I see. So it's consider safe stock but not super growth I assume
brokenbomb
post Mar 17 2024, 08:18 AM

Regular
1,167 posts

QUOTE(Barricade @ Mar 16 2024, 10:57 PM)
Wait for WWDC around June.
john123x
post Mar 18 2024, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,850 posts

Alphabet is impressive today
ozak
post Mar 18 2024, 10:10 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(john123x @ Mar 18 2024, 09:37 PM)
Alphabet is impressive today
Maybe this ?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5446081
ozak
post Mar 20 2024, 07:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Has you broker change the rule?

Nice. thumbup.gif

Trades executed on or after May 28, 2024 will settle on the next business day (T+1) for most U.S. and Canadian securities traded on U.S. exchanges. Currently, the settlement period is two business days after the trade date (T+2).
ozak
post Mar 21 2024, 10:56 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

That should clear the rumor FED only cuts 2 rate this yrs.

Buy buy buy, up up up.

Federal Reserve holds interest rates steady, maintains forecast for 3 rate cuts in 2024

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday held interest rates steady and made no changes to its forecast that it will be necessary to cut rates three times in 2024.

The central bank's benchmark interest rate remained in a range of 5.25%-5.50% at the conclusion of its latest policy meeting on Wednesday, the highest since 2001.

While maintaining forecasts the Fed would need to lower this rate by 0.75% by the end of this year, the Fed's policy announcement said the central bank does "not expect it will be appropriate to reduce the target range until it has gained greater confidence that inflation is moving sustainably toward 2%."

Nine officials who offered forecasts on Wednesday see the central bank needing to cut rates three times this year; five officials believe two cuts will be needed.

The decision to stay the course for three rate cuts this year — the same number of cuts forecast in December — comes after sticky inflation data was thought to push officials to scale back the number of cuts for 2024.

Those hotter-than-expected inflation readings in January and February, Fed Chair Jay Powell said at a Wednesday afternoon press conference, "haven’t really changed the overall story, which is that of inflation moving down gradually on a sometimes bumpy road toward 2%. I don’t think that story has changed."

The readings, however, did "very broadly" suggest that "we were right to wait until we're more confident."

He declined to provide a time frame on when any cuts could begin, saying the Fed could begin dialing back policy restraint "at some point this year."

Investors are still betting on a first cut in June, and those odds rose following the Fed's decision Wednesday — as did the stock market.

The Fed forecasts for 2025 interest rate cuts, however, were tempered slightly in Wednesday's updated projections, with officials now expecting that three additional rate cuts will be needed next year, down from the four expected in December.

Officials also upped their inflation outlook to 2.6% this year from 2.4%; FOMC members still expect inflation to reach 2.2% next year.

"Inflation has eased over the last year but remains elevated," the statement reiterated. "The Committee remains highly attentive to risks."

Core consumer prices based on the Consumer Price Index showed an annual increase of 3.8% in February after rising 3.9% in January. These readings, while down from levels closer to 5.5% last year, are still nearly double the Fed's 2% inflation target.

But the Fed's preferred inflation gauge, the core Personal Consumption Expenditures index, has showed better progress on the inflation front, rising 2.8% in January after a 2.9% rise in December.

Powell said Wednesday that "we are not going to overreact to these two months of data. Nor are we going to ignore them."

The Fed also sharply revised up its outlook for the economy this year, with officials now expecting growth to reach 2.1% in 2024, up from the 1.4% forecasted in December.

Officials also see the unemployment rate ending this year at 4%, down from a previous estimate of 4.1%, as the job market, while cooling, continues to show signs of strength and consumers continue to spend albeit at a slower clip. The statement noted job gains have "remained strong."

As officials raised their growth outlook, they also increased their expectations for the longer-run neutral rate, or the interest rate at which they believe they are neither boosting nor slowing economic growth, to 2.6% from 2.5%.

Separately, Powell said in his press conference that central bank officials discussed a strategy for slowing the shrinking of the Fed’s balance sheet, a lesser-known policy tool it has been using to tighten financial conditions.

Over the last two years, the Fed has shed roughly $1.5 trillion in Treasury and mortgage bonds that it accumulated while trying to stimulate the economy during the early parts of the pandemic, at a pace of roughly $100 billion every month. The strategy is known as "quantitative tightening," or QT.

Allowing those bonds to mature acts to push up long-term interest rates as more bonds have to be snapped up by other investors.

In discussing a slowing of that runoff, policymakers hope to avoid the sort of messy upheaval in financial markets that happened the last time the Fed tried to wind down its balance sheet, at the end of last decade.

Powell said the committee did not make a decision Wednesday. But he expects it will be appropriate to start that slowdown "fairly soon."
hedfi
post Mar 21 2024, 11:28 AM

On my way
543 posts

"Allowing those bonds to mature acts to push up long-term interest rates as more bonds have to be snapped up by other investors."
Does this mean we can buy more T-bills?
TOS
post Mar 25 2024, 10:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,882 posts

NVDA 2.4 trillion USD... 200 billion behind AAPL...

Convergence trade anyone? Short AAPL, long NVDA lol
ozak
post Mar 25 2024, 10:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

Look like bull run will continue for sometime. That is farking a lot of money on the market.

March correction doesn’t happen and April is a bullish month.

Bbb,uuu

user posted image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 PM