Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM ÜniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V26

views

Zi-Tech
post Jun 14 2016, 01:15 PM

Eh, pangkat sudah tukar ka
768 posts

after so many derailed more than 50 pages, now v26 goes online...

feel itchy to upgrade unifi pro...but keep thinking suddenly tm given promo or what so ever later, rugi pula da bind 2 tahun...
Zi-Tech
post Jun 14 2016, 02:41 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 14 2016, 02:14 PM)
Well, in today's world, if you keep waiting, you will miss out a lot of good stuff. laugh.gif
Just apply based on your needs. biggrin.gif
then need to waiting or push time to install infra on landed properties will become worth waiting....hehehehe

but... this is boleh land... mimpi boleh, realiti takde boleh....hahahaha
Zi-Tech
post Jun 15 2016, 11:01 AM

768 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Jun 15 2016, 06:11 AM)
my unifi advance 50Mbps start on November. so my services contract start on November to0, since I upgrade to unifi pro I tot my contract will be change too april 2016 but in the system still showing November 2015. don't let your hand itchy more laa....it will turn your hand to skinless because you scratch too much.  biggrin.gif
having my biggest jump ever after 12 years with 1Mbps. upgrade to 100Mbps. the hardnest gone. but its depends on how your wanted too.I think no hidden premium cost they just monopolized the market.
how much does this router value? wanna to sell mine to laa.wah very lucky u got without tm router.
QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 15 2016, 09:25 AM)
Erm, the system shows that way but they can see it from their system. Mine shows Dec 2014 the one I upgraded from VIP5 to VIP10. laugh.gif The reality is I upgraded again in July 2015.
mine upgrade on september....but y date revert on when? on the earliest i registered unifi which is 26 April 2011...but on their system got the detail....they know any change on our account, this is i know as tried to ask rm20 discount....hehehehe
Zi-Tech
post Jun 20 2016, 08:59 AM

768 posts

QUOTE(kebeckham7 @ Jun 20 2016, 08:25 AM)
WT f2.8......raya discount or what? did they accept it? it is the price without hypptv. is like they get 50 ringgit of discount. unbelievable  cry.gif

*LYN server down for almost 16 hours...did something happen or LYN server getting an upgrade?
server upgrade....
Zi-Tech
post Jun 21 2016, 06:05 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(prominen @ Jun 21 2016, 02:54 PM)
hi guys,

I'm planning to get second unifi account under same name on different address.
Question is, will I get the same promo price RM179 which I get for first account to this second account?
no... promo sudah habis....
Zi-Tech
post Jun 22 2016, 01:13 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 22 2016, 10:12 AM)
Got my Unifi 30 yesterday. Not a smooth flow. Disappointed with TM's work practice with multiple unifi installers calling me to book the installation time. Later the installer did not come on time. Those who took time off from work for installation will be really pissed off. Ha.

When they came, it went smoothly. Impressed with their quality of work except a 2 by 3 inches wall cement piece came off on the outside wall as they used the hammering drill to drill the small hole. Should not use the hammering mode though slower with normal drilling.

I got the DL 850L. So far, happy with it. Can feel the faster browsing when turning pages on The Star, faster response when going from one menu to the sub menu in Kodi, watched Game of Thrones (season 2) 1080p without buffering (yes, I am a few years behind on this show), wife's HP browsing is faster now using the higher dual wifi speed on 850L.

Some questions:

AA
on the BTU, port 1 goes to 850L, 3 unused ports. OK to use these 3 LAN ports? One will say just plug it in and see. But I prefer to check first. Or are they utilised by the router?

BB
2 phone ports. Without any phone cable plugged it, tel 1 light is on. Does that mean only tel 1 is configured and can be used? Just plug in tel 2 and see! Ha.

CC
For the free iflix & viu for new Unifi ac, these do not sit inside HypTV right? Asked the installer, he does not know.

DD
Saw on the Service Acceptance Form today that they stated Business Registration. Should be for home use only. If no complication later (upgrade etc), I will just leave it. Signed that without reading the whole 3 pages. Tip for future friends who will be installing Unifi, read the 3 pages forms BEFORE they ask you to sign! Ha.

Cheerio.
P/S Learnt from the installer that the F Optic cable is 2 cores, ie 2 optic lines in 1 cable. Only 1 core is used. Maybe the 2nd core is used if they have problem with the first one or for future parallel usage? Like the multi CPU trend now?
some of the answer based on my understanding:

aa- lan port on BTU is reserved for another line if you want to add later... mean one btu can go up to 4 account...

bb- as above, if you have extra account, another will be attached to tel 2...

cc- you may use on any devices as long attached to unifi account... it is like auto subscribe... for iflix... viu not sure...

dd- user posted image

Zi-Tech
post Jun 22 2016, 03:57 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(mztang52 @ Jun 22 2016, 02:48 PM)
Because normally, the fiber cable only needs one to send data and the other one to receive data. TX and RX.
QUOTE(plumberly @ Jun 22 2016, 02:53 PM)
Interesting. I thought I read from somewhere that 1 core is for both downloading and uploading. I was reading that as I wanted to know whether uploading "eats" up your Mbps or not.

May be new tech is changing that now with dedicated core for each. That will be good.

Cheerio.
QUOTE(mztang52 @ Jun 22 2016, 02:58 PM)
Not sure because I always see the fiber optic cable with TX and RX. Also, one singlecore fiber cable can support up to 10Gbps. So... I think it wont affect your download speed.
actually single core capable to do the rx and tx....that is the way of light transmission where different wavelength can be used on tx and rx...

the core you see might be not a core, but the cable to strengthen the fiber cable as fiber are easy to break.

actually tm using GPON technology where at the pole, they distribute single core to 8 channel/point. one big cable normally had 8 core and the split each core to 8 point... that why when the port is is full, there is very hard to get port opening as they need to layout another cable...easy way is wait another people terminate unifi. (i already saw the 8 core fiber when stupid people cut fiber at my place. tm contractor need to rewire and to install back from last point to distribution point...)

hope you understand... this is based on my understanding on fiber. maybe got wrong info...
Zi-Tech
post Jun 24 2016, 05:00 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(kakaroct @ Jun 24 2016, 11:59 AM)
Just when I thought my decision to subscribe to Unifi would not be that bad after all despite the fact that I'm paying a ridiculous price for 30mbps internet and an average Hypptv service, I get hit with this pile of shit by TM. I subscribed on April and just when I thought I'll willingly pay more for the better channels on Jumbo pack instead of the shitty Varnam pack and decide to go ahead with the upgrade in June, TM drops this shitty bombshell requesting me to pay an extra of RM 342(miscellaneous fees) in this month's bill for terminating my Varnam pack subscription and upgrading it to the Jumbo pack. What kinda fuckery is this by TM? Literally daylight robbery. Is there anything I can do to dispute this? I will not bend and let TM screw me over for upgrading my pack.
[attachmentid=6926516]
you need a final bill to see the charges(or you already have?)

if you been charge more than what supposed being charged, you can escalated to cfm... fast action to skmm...
Zi-Tech
post Jul 1 2016, 08:23 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(CTU @ Jun 30 2016, 12:55 PM)
Hye everyone.

I am using unifi 10 mbps and paying rm210.95 including gst monthly. I started using on 1 may 2014 so my contract is finish.

I want to know is there a cheaper package that i can downgrade to becoz its hitting me hard in my wallet rite now. My in laws subscribe to unifi 5mbps rm160 including gst after me. I want to take that package but i can't find anything about it on d unifi website. Is d package no more?

Please help advise me. Very appreciated. Tq
you can ask at the counter... just said you want to terminate due to high cost today...ask them if they can give special discount for you... normally can get up to rm30 but it its depends on your luck...
Zi-Tech
post Jul 2 2016, 02:36 AM

768 posts

QUOTE(watabakiu @ Jul 2 2016, 01:51 AM)
On what basis TM decides when to suspend Unifi account?
Is it once it reaches Credit Limit, or after a missed 1 or 2 payments ?
missed one payment or outstanding...

even outstanding rm10 also the cut...
Zi-Tech
post Jul 13 2016, 06:27 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(jamkuwong @ Jul 13 2016, 05:56 PM)
Hi, would like to ask if I can get Hypp TV remote control anywhere? Mine spoil due to battery leaking. Thanks

Edit:
I'm on VIP 30 now and previously upgraded from VIP 5. Do i still get warranty for the remote control?
just go to tmpoint and said to them want to buy remote for hypptv... old one 26.50 ringgit... not sure new on, maybe higher 31.80...
Zi-Tech
post Jul 17 2016, 01:53 AM

768 posts

higher speed is a dream that maybe one day it will be happen...

but right now, the dream that must become to reality is unifi/internet price reduction.... that is the main dream and thing must TM done for all subscribers....

let say we hope like 100 for 30, 150 for 50 and 199 for 100(expensive already this figure...) and all streamyx are under 100 like 1 mbps 50, 2 for 60, 4 for 70, 8 for 80... this will be good news for all of us... sure tomorrow all will queue to be upgrade...
Zi-Tech
post Aug 8 2016, 10:34 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(soyusa @ Aug 8 2016, 09:35 PM)
For mine BTU (ALCATEL-LUCENT-I240G), the light for AUTH is stay on all the time.
Is it because the BTU for landed unit will have AUTH light on all the time? While the BTU for high rise buildings will not have AUTH light on?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

my AUTH also same no light during operation... only on after reboot then once get link, it will be off...It like AUTH only light on when initial start up and when got connection it will off...
Zi-Tech
post Aug 15 2016, 05:01 AM

768 posts

my hypptv also had intermittent lag and sometime blurry by half...

worst time is during peak time....

tot box issue due old box...
Zi-Tech
post Aug 15 2016, 08:16 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(zkteh @ Aug 15 2016, 07:03 PM)
blurry by half is? got picture?

it's the TM issue, tested with old and new TV box~ (refer my previous thread

Thanks for the feedback.
dunno what term to use... it like old tv where only top got clear picture and bottom grainy/pixelated/noise picture seem like incomplete data render....

dont have any picture... maybe can take later if happen...
Zi-Tech
post Aug 16 2016, 07:48 PM

768 posts

malaysia.... want to speed up things related to local council and so on, undertable money must be bigger...

sure today sent application, tomorrow approve already....
Zi-Tech
post Sep 2 2016, 06:01 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(yosheng @ Sep 2 2016, 05:58 PM)
hi , is there any way to make complaint to tm ? i already try phone call , email , chatroom and even cfm , they still din solve the issue , everytime i make the report they close it automically , and say your service been attended .

my issue is regarding cannot browse some of the china website.
if you can share what website, we can see what the problem either IP related or not...

just now my IP is range 60.x.x.x trying update from xiaomi server very slow under 200kBps... change to 175.x.x.x, bamm, shoot up 6.5-7MBps...

Zi-Tech
post Sep 2 2016, 11:09 PM

768 posts

yup no issue at all...

ip range 175.x.x.x...
Zi-Tech
post Sep 5 2016, 05:02 PM

768 posts

QUOTE(soyusa @ Sep 5 2016, 04:44 PM)
Probably you are right.  hmm.gif
Not sure can we request for rebate for this outages?  drool.gif
so far TM for hypptv is good, nomally giving free one month for all channel....unlucky for one who subscribe all channel...hihihi

internet? normally just give rebate based on number cannot use(based on their faults....)
Zi-Tech
post Sep 7 2016, 10:55 AM

768 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 7 2016, 09:17 AM)
Hope this will be the start of the ISP war:

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...-to-malaysians/
on the news said cost very high for internet in malaysia and it seem like opportunity for the bisnes...

the high cost is due to monopoly...if no monopoly and protection, sure we got a worth internet fee...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0917sec    0.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 PM