Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Walking distance condo for upcoming MRT 2 Line, Less than 500meters walking distance

views

coolguy99
post Nov 25 2019, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 25 2019, 01:11 PM)
If build the office, mall, redevelopment next to the station, today will be different story..many youngsters look for the job next to the train nowadays
They should have done that from day 1? Like mytown and sunway velocity..
TSplanc
post Nov 25 2019, 02:57 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Nov 25 2019, 12:54 PM)
They should have done that from day 1? Like mytown and sunway velocity..
Every morning u can see how's the MRT users across the dangerous and dusty road from pusat bandar damansara station to Hong Leong hq..from this you can know that they are very inconsiderate or no intention to improve themselves
coolguy99
post Nov 25 2019, 03:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 25 2019, 02:57 PM)
Every morning u can see how's the MRT users across the dangerous and dusty road from pusat bandar damansara station to Hong Leong hq..from this you can know that they are very inconsiderate or no intention to improve themselves
Yeah I can picture that. There seems to be lack of planning in every mrt station in the country.

It’s like they never put in much thought about what comes after. Just build the station and that’s it. No covered walkway or whatsoever.
matkewl
post Nov 25 2019, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

Thank you BN
nexona88
post Nov 25 2019, 04:23 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,815 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Nov 25 2019, 03:31 PM)
Yeah I can picture that. There seems to be lack of planning in every mrt station in the country.

It’s like they never put in much thought about what comes after. Just build the station and that’s it. No covered walkway or whatsoever.
unless private companies involved & build one..
I mean for their benefits (Malls, Office tower etc. operators/owners)

This post has been edited by nexona88: Nov 25 2019, 04:24 PM
DesRed
post Nov 26 2019, 10:13 AM

Delta Echo Sierra Eight Five
2,866 posts

The only MRT station I know where it's built in the middle of nowhere is Kwasa Damansara. I believe there are plans to develop those nearby empty plots of land. But by and large, almost all of the stations are serving matured housing and commercial areas, with the alignment obviously parallel to the highways and main roads, similar to the majority of public transportation lines here. It would've been nice if some of these underground lines can travel underneath buildings like those in London and New York, but I don't think Prasarana would want to go through the pain of getting various building owners opinion on it.

Anyway, the Transport Ministry, Prasarana and the relevant ministries should have planned the routes better, but the public should also shoulder the blame as well due to their own selfishness. Still recall how the TTDI residents objected to an MRT pedestrian bridge from Bandar Utama to their neighbourhood? In the end, MRT Corp complied with their objections and allowed increased bus frequencies to and from the station to their neighbourhood instead. Even those who supported it got sidelined instead. One member in this forum did blast them for their selfishness, though.

And how about those Temasya Anggun folks who are glad that Temasya LRT3 station was gone? Well, they're certainly happy about it, but other folks were miffed at some of the stations cancellation. Read more here.

I seem to notice that landed house owners take issue with public transportation, regardless if it's a GnG or individual titled one. rolleyes.gif
TSplanc
post Nov 26 2019, 10:53 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Nov 26 2019, 09:13 AM)
The only MRT station I know where it's built in the middle of nowhere is Kwasa Damansara. I believe there are plans to develop those nearby empty plots of land. But by and large, almost all of the stations are serving matured housing and commercial areas, with the alignment obviously parallel to the highways and main roads, similar to the majority of public transportation lines here. It would've been nice if some of these underground lines can travel underneath buildings like those in London and New York, but I don't think Prasarana would want to go through the pain of getting various building owners opinion on it.

Anyway, the Transport Ministry, Prasarana and the relevant ministries should have planned the routes better, but the public should also shoulder the blame as well due to their own selfishness. Still recall how the TTDI residents objected to an MRT pedestrian bridge from Bandar Utama to their neighbourhood? In the end, MRT Corp complied with their objections and allowed increased bus frequencies to and from the station to their neighbourhood instead. Even those who supported it got sidelined instead. One member in this forum did blast them for their selfishness, though.

And how about those Temasya Anggun folks who are glad that Temasya LRT3 station was gone? Well, they're certainly happy about it, but other folks were miffed at some of the stations cancellation. Read more here.

I seem to notice that landed house owners take issue with public transportation, regardless if it's a GnG or individual titled one. rolleyes.gif
After the MRT1 experiences, MRT2 route improved alot...keep our finger crossed for MRT3 biggrin.gif
coolguy99
post Nov 26 2019, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 26 2019, 10:53 AM)
After the MRT1 experiences, MRT2 route improved alot...keep our finger crossed for MRT3 biggrin.gif
At least mrt2 pass by areas that will have high ridership like kepong, not areas like ttdi where most people would rather drive to work.
beleebala
post Nov 27 2019, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

I am working in the metro industry. It's a chicken and egg thing. You need a high population density to sustain more metro lines; you need more lines before density can grow and many would take metro instead of driving their own cars. For current KL situation, you need more feeder buses and link bridges.

This post has been edited by beleebala: Nov 27 2019, 10:49 AM
TSplanc
post Nov 27 2019, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(beleebala @ Nov 27 2019, 09:48 AM)
I am working in the metro industry. It's a chicken and egg thing. You need a high population density to sustain more metro lines; you need more lines before density can grow and many would take metro instead of driving their own cars. For current KL situation, you need more feeder buses and link bridges.
Couldn't agree all..our LRT completed more than 20years, up till today still got many empty land next to it
jhuitan
post Nov 27 2019, 06:40 PM

Enthusiast
765 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Nov 24 2019, 11:28 PM)
It’s the last mile connectivity that is lacking. Many of us can’t get to the lrt station without going through a lot of hassle. Walking, waiting for bus etc
Wil have Gojek next year biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jhuitan: Nov 27 2019, 06:40 PM
coolguy99
post Nov 27 2019, 08:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(jhuitan @ Nov 27 2019, 06:40 PM)
Wil have Gojek next year biggrin.gif
Better buy more life insurance biggrin.gif
DesRed
post Nov 27 2019, 11:12 PM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 26 2019, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Nov 26 2019, 01:00 PM)
At least mrt2 pass by areas that will have high ridership like kepong, not areas like ttdi where most people would rather drive to work.
There are companies and commercial buildings near the TTDI station itself such as Deloitte and Menara LGB. And not all the companies there will subsidise or allocate parking for the employees. I was ever interviewed by one company based there last year and they don't even provide parking, so you'll definitely have to rely on the MRT to commute if you're working there.

As for the TTDI folks, well, it still boils down to perception on public transportation. We still have a long way to go to get everyone, especially the rich, to accept it as an alternative form of transportation to personal vehicles when compared to other developed nations where the folks, regardless of social status, accepts and use them daily.

To be fair to the MRT SBK line, it did connect many areas of Cheras all the way to Kajang to the south and Kampung Selamat and Sg. Buloh to the north. Just wonder if there's any progress on the developments around both Kwasa Sentral and Damansara station as these two look like they're built in the middle of nowhere. hmm.gif

QUOTE(beleebala @ Nov 27 2019, 10:48 AM)
Yeah, kinda agree here. I remember reading that even major cities around the world such as New York still need to construct new lines, even to the point of going under buildings and houses.
SUSMNet
post Nov 28 2019, 07:43 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Nov 27 2019, 11:12 PM)
There are companies and commercial buildings near the TTDI station itself such as Deloitte and Menara LGB. And not all the companies there will subsidise or allocate parking for the employees. I was ever interviewed by one company based there last year and they don't even provide parking, so you'll definitely have to rely on the MRT to commute if you're working there.

As for the TTDI folks, well, it still boils down to perception on public transportation. We still have a long way to go to get everyone, especially the rich, to accept it as an alternative form of transportation to personal vehicles when compared to other developed nations where the folks, regardless of social status, accepts and use them daily.

To be fair to the MRT SBK line, it did connect many areas of Cheras all the way to Kajang to the south and Kampung Selamat and Sg. Buloh to the north. Just wonder if there's any progress on the developments around both Kwasa Sentral and Damansara station as these two look like they're built in the middle of nowhere. hmm.gif
Yeah, kinda agree here. I remember reading that even major cities around the world such as New York still need to construct new lines, even to the point of going under buildings and houses.
u can buy the season pass around there
DesRed
post Nov 28 2019, 09:52 AM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Nov 28 2019, 07:43 AM)
u can buy the season pass around there
Nice to know that, and how much do they cost per month?

In Q Sentral itself, the season parking is RM 300/month and I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies around the TTDI commercial buildings. As for those open parking lots, I recall that they're operating on a per hour charge instead of a per entry basis, so after calculating the total for the month, it'll be no different than paying for a season parking.

With this kind of pricing, you'd might as well take Grab to the nearest MRT station and commute there or park at the Park n'Ride for this. Or find a per entry carpark elsewhere and do the same.

This post has been edited by DesRed: Nov 28 2019, 11:29 PM
warface
post Nov 28 2019, 11:06 AM

Enthusiast
856 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 26 2019, 11:53 AM)
mrt3 covers where? macam no news leh
TSplanc
post Nov 28 2019, 11:23 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(warface @ Nov 28 2019, 10:06 AM)
U try to PM Bossku whistling.gif
warface
post Nov 28 2019, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast
856 posts

QUOTE(planc @ Nov 28 2019, 12:23 PM)
U try to PM Bossku whistling.gif
whos ur boss? biggrin.gif
coolguy99
post Nov 28 2019, 09:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

QUOTE(warface @ Nov 28 2019, 11:06 AM)
Don't hope for it to be revived anytime soon with the state our country is in at the moment. Money is better spent elsewhere.
DesRed
post Nov 29 2019, 09:38 AM

2,866 posts

QUOTE(coolguy99 @ Nov 28 2019, 09:09 PM)
Don't hope for it to be revived anytime soon with the state our country is in at the moment. Money is better spent elsewhere.
Funny thing is that our gov't is willing to spend to purchase the LDP, KESAS, Sprint and SMART highways for RM 6.2 billion. That money could've been used to upgrade some of the older public transportation stations, especially the LRT.

Even our transport ministry didn't announce anything significant outside of the KTM double-tracking project and the RTS. Even the National Transport Policy 2019 - 2030 didn't really outline anything significant for public transportation outside of some general goals.

Looks like our gov't priorities are elsewhere...

27 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0230sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:34 AM