> Kodi Official Discussion Thread V2, Free and Open Source (GPL) Media Center

voncrane
post Mar 12 2019, 02:47 PM

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(GuyM @ Mar 12 2019, 08:11 AM)
Now will attempt
icdrama
Of course native app the best but Netflix has ban mecool hence was thinking of Netflix via kodi to get HD stream
Ban? Oh.. as in not even the official Netflix app will run at lower res? I thought that was the minimum.. Only getting FHD+ isn't official..
GuyM
post Mar 12 2019, 05:24 PM

Regular

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 12 2019, 02:47 PM)
Ban? Oh.. as in not even the official Netflix app will run at lower res? I thought that was the minimum.. Only getting FHD+ isn't official..
Meant the original Netflix native that plays HD is no longer working lor

Have to use the mobile streaming at SD very sien and ma fan
Cloudx
post Mar 18 2019, 04:24 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have some problem with my Kodi after I reinstall my MiBox. The previous pendrive that was supplied got corrupted, so I had to reinstall everything. When I installed Kodi again, I couldn't get it to install on my USB drive. The default installation is the MiBox root directory which only has 4GB of disk space.

I have to use the solution of migrating my Kodi data folder to my USB drive so I won't run into disk space problem when my cache grows. Unfortunately this also resulted in Kodi unable to perform any updates on the addons. Has anyone encounter this problem before? Would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide a solution.
lyc1982
post Mar 18 2019, 05:08 PM

ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(Cloudx @ Mar 18 2019, 04:24 PM)
I have some problem with my Kodi after I reinstall my MiBox. The previous pendrive that was supplied got corrupted, so I had to reinstall everything. When I installed Kodi again, I couldn't get it to install on my USB drive. The default installation is the MiBox root directory which only has 4GB of disk space.

I have to use the solution of migrating my Kodi data folder to my USB drive so I won't run into disk space problem when my cache grows. Unfortunately this also resulted in Kodi unable to perform any updates on the addons. Has anyone encounter this problem before? Would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide a solution.
i never get to install kodi on external hdd before...only managed to install on the internal hdd within the tv box
AVFAN
post Mar 18 2019, 06:40 PM

10k Club

your mibox, like other devices that run on androidtv os suffers from this restriction due to androidtv.

it does not allow certain things to be installed on external hdd, incl certain apps like astrogo and unifi playtv.

it affects mibox most since it has only 8gb base, i.e. 3-4gb as working storage.

do read mibox and nvidia shield threads.

devices with 16 or 32gb running on generic android have more internal storage to play with.

plus, many can set to ext hdd to do any file size with any app.

voncrane
post Mar 18 2019, 10:44 PM

Noir et fier!

TLDR..Want Kodi max use? Ditch the MiBox or work within it's restrictive parameters..

Do a search of this thread for Mibox.. 99.99% it's to report problems with it and Kodi.. That 8GB that the Mibox ships with has always been it's downfall. It's way too little for today's average usage. Couple that with Android TV's security feature of sand-boxing apps and their data, defaulting to internal storage. Either try to trim the fat and use as is or you have to find a way to merge the ext drive with the internal storage, to make a "single drive". Kodi grows to 1GB+ very easily. You already know this, so no use repeating myself..
veron4best
post Mar 21 2019, 08:30 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(voncrane @ Mar 18 2019, 10:44 PM)
TLDR..Want Kodi max use? Ditch the MiBox or work within it's restrictive parameters..

Do a search of this thread for Mibox.. 99.99% it's to report problems with it and Kodi.. That 8GB that the Mibox ships with has always been it's downfall. It's way too little for today's average usage. Couple that with Android TV's security feature of sand-boxing apps and their data, defaulting to internal storage. Either try to trim the fat and use as is or you have to find a way to merge the ext drive with the internal storage, to make a "single drive". Kodi grows to 1GB+ very easily. You already know this, so no use repeating myself..
second to this.

after give it a try, MiBox is not that good to run with Kodi or Popcorn time.

i have return my MiBox due to the space restriction and bought this Mecool KM9 32gb.

voncrane
post Mar 21 2019, 09:30 PM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(veron4best @ Mar 21 2019, 08:30 PM)
second to this.

after give it a try, MiBox is not that good to run with Kodi or Popcorn time.

i have return my MiBox due to the space restriction and bought this Mecool KM9 32gb.
32GB is just nice... Though I'd like to see flagship boxes shipping with 64GB or 128GB options too.. Cuz some people would like to install and play games off them.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1147sec    7.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 10:44 AM