post Apr 21 2016, 01:03 AM, updated 8y ago

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

Forumer you are complaining against: Roger89

Item being sold/bought: Cornell Water cooler

Original thread link: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3922798&hl=

Date of transaction: 17 April 2016

Details of the complaint :

I've contacted seller on Saturday and COD the next morning at Caltex Taman Melawati.

Due to the location, I couldn't test the item before buying but he assured me that the item is working fine and he gave me 7 days warranty for it.

That evening I return home and tested the fan and discovered that the water container plug has hardened and is leaking water.

Two of the button doesn't work - timer & swing. The Water button need to be press hard to function.

I can accept the cosmetic look as wear and tear damage over time. However, the item is being advertised as excellent but is indeed semi faulty.

I have contacted the seller again informing the issues and requesting a refund, but he replies that the leak can simply be fix by replacing a "tape".

And he only mention that the ionizer function is too old to work.

I reply again telling him, simply replacing a tape will not do. You are plugging a hole with water with a normal tape.

And I told him if he didn't want to accept the return, at least refund me half the amount because I have to fix the issues myself.

Until today he didn't reply my text. Last SMS sent 17 April 2016 18:57:22.

Attached Image

P.S. With this kind of attitude, I just want to return back the fan and get a full refund.

28/04/2016 Update
----------------------

Last communication with him was on the 21st April. He asked for my bank account to partially refund but I insist to return the product.

And I have provided my Maybank acc. No reply and no money received until today.

I've checked he was online earlier today as well.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

03/05/2016 Update
-------------------------

Roger still refuse to take back the fan. He still insist on partial (50%) refund. Since I don't want to drag this matter longer, I told him to refund me RM80. I'll bear the RM20 loss for this shitty fan. And yet until today he still didn't reply nor bank in the amount. I am requesting Apis_LuaLua to assist in this matter. You can even check his thread. His advertisement was misleading and yet he refuse to take responsibility.

This post has been edited by even_steven: May 3 2016, 09:26 PM
nasrulbond
post Apr 21 2016, 12:18 PM

Nothing better to do
690 posts

Did you try call @ whatsapp him? I deal with him few days ago and he replied in whatsapp also. Or maybe you could meet him and return the water cooler back?
even_steven
post Apr 21 2016, 02:09 PM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(nasrulbond @ Apr 21 2016, 12:18 PM)
Did you try call @ whatsapp him? I deal with him few days ago and he replied in whatsapp also. Or maybe you could meet him and return the water cooler back?
Either he is ignoring my text or he ran out of credit to reply to my text. Im not using whatsapp due to my phone cannot support it.
even_steven
post Apr 21 2016, 05:03 PM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

I have texted him again notifying him regarding the dispute thread.

P.S. He is online today but he didn't reply anything here.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by even_steven: Apr 21 2016, 05:06 PM
Roger89
post May 16 2016, 09:32 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

1. I have done the partial refund on 4th May.

2. This is a COD transaction. Buyer takes responsibility in ensuring he is paying the right price for the product. HE AGREED.

3. I agreed to his resolution thus this is no longer in dispute from my point of view.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
even_steven
post May 18 2016, 03:17 PM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(Roger89 @ May 16 2016, 09:32 PM)
1. I have done the partial refund on 4th May.

2. This is a COD transaction. Buyer takes responsibility in ensuring he is paying the right price for the product. HE AGREED.

3. I agreed to his resolution thus this is no longer in dispute from my point of view.
You gave me 7 days of your personal warranty. Mind you the COD location is preventing me from fully testing the product when I was with you.

I went home and test it. The same day I found the fault and I did contact you about it. The resolution given was if you settle it the same day.

You didn't want to accept it. And upon further testing, more fault was found and I requested to return the item and get a full refund.

And what did you do? Nothing. You didn't even reply until I opened a thread here.

Now you selectively selected a resolution that was given earlier as solution?

NO, I will not accept that. I have given you my last offer. Refund RM80 to me if you didn't want to take this crap back.

I will not consider this case as closed until you pay the balance.

You started this by falsely advertising the condition of the item. You put there as "Excellent". Not my word. Your word on the advertisement.

Now you are avoiding to take full responsibility for the item, and is refusing all the solution that I have offered to you.

And now you purposely pick the resolution that you refused earlier to avoid losses on your side for selling me this junk.

Apis_LuaLua this is the 2nd time I have tagged you for assistance regarding this matter. Please do assist or put a dispute tag on him. This behavior can be considered as cheating as well.
dewill
post May 18 2016, 03:23 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

roger the rabbit 69 really have poor after sales service.
dei!!! play hide and seek ah?
kopiride
post May 18 2016, 03:30 PM

On my way
694 posts

Looks like Roger is selling semi spoil product. Should have mentioned that before selling. The rest up to mod to decide.
abubin
post May 18 2016, 03:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

item is not working as advertised. Hence it is seller's fault. Want to provide 7 days personal warranty but don't want to take responsibility then throw away that warranty. The person has not credentials to provide any sort of personal warranty. These are people who will say anything to get rid of their junk. For RM100 you know this guy is willing to sell his soul. So yeah..the seller is cheap basket that will do shit for RM100.
victorian
post May 18 2016, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,816 posts

I know you feel cheated because the condition is not as mentioned bro, but this kind of thing can happen during COD. Asking for a RM 80 partial refund is abit off IMO, you might as well return him the fan and bear the small loss.
even_steven
post May 18 2016, 03:42 PM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ May 18 2016, 03:35 PM)
I know you feel cheated because the condition is not as mentioned bro, but this kind of thing can happen during COD. Asking for a RM 80 partial refund is abit off IMO, you might as well return him the fan and bear the small loss.
I did asked him for it. He didn't want to take the fan back. Now he simply pick off any solution that is convenience to him and simply said that it is considered closed without asking me if I agree to it. My last offer for him was to refund me RM80 and I will consider this case as closed. The RM20 consider his fuel money to meet me. I'll bare that loss since it will cost me around the same to go and meet up with him again to return the item. So up till this point, he still owe me RM30 and seriously a dispute tag should be put on this guy for false advertising in the first place.
victorian
post May 18 2016, 03:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,816 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ May 18 2016, 03:42 PM)
I did asked him for it. He didn't want to take the fan back. Now he simply pick off any solution that is convenience to him and simply said that it is considered closed without asking me if I agree to it. My last offer for him was to refund me RM80 and I will consider this case as closed. The RM20 consider his fuel money to meet me. I'll bare that loss since it will cost me around the same to go and meet up with him again to return the item. So up till this point, he still owe me RM30 and seriously a dispute tag should be put on this guy for false advertising in the first place.
Well there's always risk buying online and sometimes we do need to take responsibility for it. I think a partial refund of RM50 is quite reasonable for a semi-working air cooler, of course its totally up to you if you still want it. RM80 is just too much bro and I think you are taking advantage from the situation. And I don't think false advertising is serious enough to warrant a dispute tag. There's so many of us that have had worse, but we have no choice but to suck it up. It happens.
even_steven
post May 18 2016, 04:05 PM

Perut Jauh Kedepan (PJK)
634 posts

QUOTE(victorian @ May 18 2016, 03:56 PM)
Well there's always risk buying online and sometimes we do need to take responsibility for it. I think a partial refund of RM50 is quite reasonable for a semi-working air cooler, of course its totally up to you if you still want it. RM80 is just too much bro and I think you are taking advantage from the situation. And I don't think false advertising is serious enough to warrant a dispute tag. There's so many of us that have had worse, but we have no choice but to suck it up. It happens.
Not just false advertising. He even refused to honor his 7 days warranty term. I want to return the item and get a FULL refund, but he didn't want to accept it even during that 7 days warranty period. Hence why I am asking for the RM80 refund instead. To use this fan properly, I need to spend more money and time to fix it. Either that or into the bin it goes. Any way both are going to cost me something. So why must I give leeway to him since he is the one that is selling me this crap?
victorian
post May 18 2016, 04:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!!
4,816 posts

QUOTE(even_steven @ May 18 2016, 04:05 PM)
Not just false advertising. He even refused to honor  his 7 days warranty term. I want to return the item and get a FULL refund, but he didn't want to accept it even during that 7 days warranty period. Hence why I am asking for the RM80 refund instead. To use this fan properly, I need to spend more money and time to fix it. Either that or into the bin it goes. Any way both are going to cost me something. So why must I give leeway to him since he is the one that is selling me this crap?
Sometimes shit happens bro. I hope you can work out a solution with him amicably, by compromises from both parties. Its better if you just return the air cooler to him, since you think its crap anyway. Settle with a Rm80 or Rm90 possibly if he doesnt want to refund in full. It's still better than seeing something everyday that makes you sad.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:37 PM