Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RPG Chatroom, Chat about RPG's old and new.

views

midnight_plue
post Apr 5 2016, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 12:00 PM)
i like how you still dont share spoilers hahahah. dont wanna ruin it for the next generation of FFVII players.  rclxms.gif

for X, i forgot which summon i got, like the sisters or something. with that i owned the game. they were dealing crazy damage yo.

hmm really should revisit chrono cross. seems you all think quite highly of it. i guess same way i look at suikoden and wild arms hehe.

my most hated RPG is Beyond the Beyond. i mean it was ok, story was good. but so many damn encounters. and one of the mains i forgot his name is supposed to be super strong but loses his powers. then when you get the powers back... hes still about the same as my main character!!!!!! doh.gif damn them! ahhaha
lol cuz I learn enough from various site that you don't share spoilers, no matter how obvious it is HAHAHAHAHA

magus sisters? yeah they do deal high dosage of damage, but they are uncontrollable in the sense you can't pick what they use! I prefer using Anima for consistent damage, and Yojimbo IF you raise the stats and relationship properly. Other that that, Tidus and Wakka's overdrive + ultimate weapon is good enough for most enemies.

chrono cross was fun, so many characters and combo to play around with, and they each have their own personality. I really wish if a remake could be done, though... it isn't really likely.

beyond the beyond is something new! haven't heard of it tongue.gif but i don't think I wanna try that cuz I really hate random encounters. I prefer known encounters rather than random, random is just... tiring ahaha

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Apr 5 2016, 12:25 PM)
my favourite old classic JRPG:

FF8 - my first FF, maybe mostly about nostalgia, but it isn't half-bad at all

FF9 - the one that I considered true to the "Final Fantasy" name. Everything in it is fantasy - character design, the world & the storyline

Legend of the Dragoon - what can I say - it is just a great game - great character development, superb storyline. If there's one JRPG series that needs to be revive, this is the game
new school JRPG

of course Ni No Kuni, duh~  sweat.gif
ff8! love it too, but it falls short a bit in terms of junctioning magic to your stats, to raise it to max stats naturally without junction is plain crazy. I like the GF teaching system, very awesome, and Triple Triad!!!

ff9 I always stop at Disc 4. The game is nice, but just somehow not enough pulling factor. The one FF i replay multiple times but never finish it. LOL

This post has been edited by midnight_plue: Apr 5 2016, 01:50 PM
deyamato
post Apr 5 2016, 01:46 PM

Casual
418 posts

All these ive played so far from ps1 till current console .

1.Arc the Lad

2.Final fantasy series (Hardcore fan)

3.Star Ocean

4.Tales series

5.Persona

5.Shin Megami Tensei

6.Xenosaga

7.Grandia

This post has been edited by deyamato: Apr 5 2016, 01:49 PM
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 01:53 PM

PSN: hutazi
2,687 posts

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Apr 5 2016, 01:44 PM)
lol cuz I learn enough from various site that you don't share spoilers, no matter how obvious it is HAHAHAHAHA

magus sisters? yeah they do deal high dosage of damage, but they are uncontrollable in the sense you can't pick what they use! I prefer using Anima for consistent damage, and Yojimbo IF you raise the stats and relationship properly. Other that that, Tidus and Wakka's overdrive + ultimate weapon is good enough for most enemies.

chrono cross was fun, so many characters and combo to play around with, and they each have their own personality. I really wish if a remake could be done, though... it isn't really likely.

beyond the beyond is something new! haven't heard of it tongue.gif but i don't think I wanna try that cuz I really hate random encounters. I prefer known encounters rather than random, random is just... tiring ahaha
yeah the magus sisters. spammed that quite a bit. i didnt use yojimbo much. dont remember why though...
beyond the beyond, story and stuff was good. just the random encounters. like going through hell.... if only back then games can do OTA updates hahaha. thats the benefit of next gen. can fix games.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(deyamato @ Apr 5 2016, 01:46 PM)
All these ive played so far from ps1 till current console .

1.Arc the Lad

2.Final fantasy series (Hardcore fan)

3.Star Ocean

4.Tales series

5.Persona

5.Shin Megami Tensei

6.Xenosaga

7.Grandia
star ocean was good. never got into arc the lad though.

forgot to addddddd

LUNAR! ahhh banyak gooding.
user posted image
SculptureX
post Apr 5 2016, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Apr 5 2016, 01:44 PM)

ff8! love it too, but it falls short a bit in terms of junctioning magic to your stats, to raise it to max stats naturally without junction is plain crazy. I like the GF teaching system, very awesome, and Triple Triad!!!

ff9 I always stop at Disc 4. The game is nice, but just somehow not enough pulling factor. The one FF i replay multiple times but never finish it. LOL
OMG! It is the same with me! It is fun to just restart the game, because the pacing is great from Disc 1-3, but starting from disc 4, it's all business rclxub.gif
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 01:55 PM

2,687 posts

i kinda liked FF9. i dont remember stopping. just plow through to the end.
happyking4ever
post Apr 5 2016, 01:59 PM

Casual
354 posts

No one mentioned ultima... sad.gif
midnight_plue
post Apr 5 2016, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(SculptureX @ Apr 5 2016, 01:54 PM)
OMG! It is the same with me! It is fun to just restart the game, because the pacing is great from Disc 1-3, but starting from disc 4, it's all business  rclxub.gif
yeah! Disc 4 is kinda like... so so so so slowwwwwwww.

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 01:55 PM)
i kinda liked FF9. i dont remember stopping. just plow through to the end.
did you try getting the Excalibur? LOL it is a crazy run! I am trying my luck to overflow time to 100+ hours and run into Memoria to see if I can get the excalibur that way ahahahaha

but until I finish FFVII, not likely for me to touch the PS3 for it.

eh... anyone played Child of Light ah?
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 02:02 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Apr 5 2016, 01:59 PM)
apa itu?

QUOTE(midnight_plue @ Apr 5 2016, 01:59 PM)
yeah! Disc 4 is kinda like... so so so so slowwwwwwww.
did you try getting the Excalibur? LOL it is a crazy run! I am trying my luck to overflow time to 100+ hours and run into Memoria to see if I can get the excalibur that way ahahahaha

but until I finish FFVII, not likely for me to touch the PS3 for it.

eh... anyone played Child of Light ah?
nah haha. those days i just go from point A to B. play purely for the story. i think thats why i didnt finish FFXII, got sidetracked with quests and then got bored sweat.gif

i got child of light on my ps3 but havent finished it because got sidetracked with watchdogs. a pretty good game. side scrolling and very pretty. i think i put in like 3-5 hours only.
madmoz
post Apr 5 2016, 02:03 PM

4,250 posts

QUOTE(happyking4ever @ Apr 5 2016, 01:59 PM)
playstation thread.
greyshadow
post Apr 5 2016, 02:11 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

My very 1st proper RPG is on PC : Eyes of the Beholder
then tonnes of other great western RPGs like Ultima series, Lands of Lore & etc

1st RPG on console is FF3, never complete the game as the final boss are unbeatable (didn't know you need to defeat the 4 mini-boss first until many many years later doh.gif)

Then on MD, hooked on Phantasy Stars 2, 3 and so on
(Weapon duplicate FTW!)

SNES, truly hooked on FF6, my all time fav JRPG
That time we hav Jap version only, non of us can read Jap, but somehow we still kinda understand the storyline and managed to complete it icon_rolleyes.gif

then on PS, FF7 for me it's ok only, didn't understand what's the hype with it tongue.gif
but love the FFX on PS2, FFX-2 is kinda weird for me, didn't finish it

But my fav JRPG on PS2 is still DQ8
Great graphic, fun story, great gameplay, and fantastic system

Then the horror of FF13 on PS3
After that, most of the JRPG are kinda going down hill

Was sticking to western sandbox RPGs like Fallout for quite a while, and once a while picking up the classic JRPGs like older FFs, Suikoden, and DQ series on my NDS/3DS and PSV handheld

Now the only JRPG I'm looking forward to is DQ8 re-release on 3DS, and the DQ11 on PS4

This post has been edited by greyshadow: Apr 5 2016, 02:19 PM
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 03:38 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(weretiger @ Apr 5 2016, 03:34 PM)
turn based.... ahhh......
breath of fire I II III IV
Suikoden
Xenogears
Crono Cross...

......... childhood.....
i move it here heheh.

damn forgot about BOF! damn good.

why these days there arent any good turn based RPG's huh? is it just over and done with?
Mr.PostMan
post Apr 5 2016, 03:49 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 11:28 AM)
was chatting a lot in FFXV topic about all kinds of RPG (on playstation i guess). made a new topic here so doesnt kacau too much that one. dunno if it will pick up but yeah. hahah. anyways.

feel free to chat here about RPG. for me favourite RPG's of all time

1. WILD ARMS (only the first one) - i think i played it like 6 times from start to finish. the only game ive played where after 1 hour it shows the game credits. first time i played i was like WTF and then turned off the game. doh.gif heheh. played a month later after a friend mentioned theres more hahahah.
2. Suikoden (ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of them. nothing like a good turn based RPG with large scale war battles, build own castles, build army of 108 characters, gambling, plot twists, gambling, etc... so damn gooding. Y U NO MAKE NEW ONE!?!!) - the only game that actually made me cry...
2. Final Fantasy VII - of cos.
3. Final Fantasy X & X-2 - great story and battle systems for both. the dress thing was weird, in the end just used 1-2 dresses till max level and can finish the game. ahhh love rikku.
OMG these titles are so nostalgic. My favorite of all time is the first Wild Arms and the Suikoden I & II
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 03:53 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Apr 5 2016, 03:49 PM)
OMG these titles are so nostalgic. My favorite of all time is the first Wild Arms and the Suikoden I & II
great minds think alike hahahahah
Mr.PostMan
post Apr 5 2016, 03:54 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 03:53 PM)
great minds think alike hahahahah
hahaha true that, i should add you on psn tonight. maybe we have more games in common.
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 03:58 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Apr 5 2016, 03:54 PM)
hahaha true that, i should add you on psn tonight. maybe we have more games in common.
that i dunno i hardly have any games just got the console few months ago. right now active on The Division (started yesterday) and Helldivers. Black Ops im kinda bored already. was thinking to get the old dragon quest heroes game but seems its just hack and slash yawn.gif
Mr.PostMan
post Apr 5 2016, 04:03 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 03:58 PM)
that i dunno i hardly have any games just got the console few months ago. right now active on The Division (started yesterday) and Helldivers. Black Ops im kinda bored already. was thinking to get the old dragon quest heroes game but seems its just hack and slash  yawn.gif
i'm active in The Division, grinding in darkzone currently. Dragon Quest is good title thinking of getting it too but i rather play this on my 3DS biggrin.gif
TSpanda-man
post Apr 5 2016, 04:04 PM

2,687 posts

QUOTE(Mr.PostMan @ Apr 5 2016, 04:03 PM)
i'm active in The Division, grinding in darkzone currently. Dragon Quest is good title thinking of getting it too but i rather play this on my 3DS  biggrin.gif
yeah im only level 6. still dunno what the hell im doing in that game. add me up lah. thumbup.gif
Mr.PostMan
post Apr 5 2016, 04:07 PM

On my way
501 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Apr 5 2016, 04:04 PM)
yeah im only level 6. still dunno what the hell im doing in that game. add me up lah.  thumbup.gif
haha definitely will add you up later tonight.
AstonCheah
post Apr 5 2016, 04:20 PM

Casual
383 posts

the rpgs that i can still remember that i finished them:

ff6 - my 1st ever rpg, this also dragged me into the games world till now.
legend of mana 3 - 1st action rpg i have played.
chrono trigger - who would have missed this if you are a rpg guy.
ff7 - introduced me into the 3d world
xeno gear - because it looked the same as ff7 series
ff8 - because it was ff series
ff9 - because it was ff series
ff10 - because it was ff series and in new ps2
ff12 - because it was ff series
dragon quest 8 - long time didnt have the fairy tale rpg feeling, and this game touched me so much notworthy.gif , and i can fly around the world with their 'bird'
ff13 - because it was ff series and in new ps3, this was also where i could hit the giant turtle into the sky and keep hitting bruce.gif
ff14 - because it was ff series and 1st time ever able to play online thumbsup.gif
skyrim - 1st time playing western rpg, was shocked on how big and open world it had, so enjoyable.
demon souls - thought it was big open world but.....
wild hunt - saw the demo trailer, looked the similar to skyrim, bought it and...... the best rpg i have played rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

the rpgs that looking forward to play:

horizon zerodawn - looks nice and big open world
ninokuni - i like fairy tale rpg and can fly around the world
i am Setsuna - i like fairy tale rpg and can fly around the world
ff15 - because it is ff series
cyberpunk - because it is from the developer of cdpr thumbsup.gif
the new middle earth series - great battle system and i like the lord of the rings world
the new elder scroll series - like it since skyrim
the new witcher series - if it ever happens

This post has been edited by AstonCheah: Apr 7 2016, 09:21 AM
SculptureX
post Apr 5 2016, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(AstonCheah @ Apr 5 2016, 04:20 PM)
the rpgs that i can still remember that i finished them:

ff6 - my 1st ever rpg, this also dragged me into the games world till now.
chrono trigger - who would have missed this if you are a rpg guy.
ff7 - introduced me into the 3d world
xeno gear - because it looked the same as ff7 series
ff8 - because it was ff series
ff9 - because it was ff series
ff10 - because it was ff series and in new ps2
ff12 - because it was ff series
dragon quest 8 - long time didnt have the fairy tale rpg feeling, and this game touched me so much notworthy.gif , and i can fly around the world with their 'bird'
ff13 - because it was ff series and in new ps3, this was also where i could hit the giant turtle into the sky and keep hitting bruce.gif
ff14 - because it was ff series and 1st time ever able to play online thumbsup.gif
skyrim - 1st time playing western rpg, was shocked on how big and open world it had, so enjoyable.
demon souls - thought it was big open world but.....
wild hunt - saw the demo trailer, looked the similar to skyrim, bought it and...... the best rpg i have played rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

the rpgs that looking forward to play:

horizon zerodawn - looks nice and big open world
ninokuni - i like fairy tale rpg and can fly around the world
i am Setsuna - i like fairy tale rpg and can fly around the world
ff15 - because it is ff series
cyberpunk - because it is from the developer of cdpr thumbsup.gif
the new middle earth series - great battle system and i like the lord of the rings world
the new elder scroll series - like it since skyrim
the new witcher series - if it ever happens
OMG, how could I ever forget about Dragon Quest 8? Just the artwork by Toriyama-sensei got many interested to play that game

if Sony ever brought this to PS4 (via their PS2 games on PS4 program), I would instantly buy it, if it got trophies la, hehe~ brows.gif

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0583sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 PM