Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Photography Canon EOS Family, One Big EOS Family - V59, The White Paladins' Territory!

views

Grajindo
post Apr 20 2016, 02:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

Help needed!

I have this image that I process in LR, but the export image is quite far from what I see in LR. Is there any way that I get the exported image as it appears in LR? In particularly the sharpness and clarity. The exported image seems to have a lot more noise, with lots of colour noise at the roof of the church.

In LR
Attached Image

Export image
Attached Image

Thanks

This post has been edited by Grajindo: Apr 20 2016, 06:19 PM
Grajindo
post Apr 20 2016, 06:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Apr 20 2016, 05:21 PM)
You need to calibrate your monitor. Theres an option to change the color profile to sRGB.

Ps: i cannot really see anything cause im on phone but im guessing to do with why lightroom has yelllow tint on the picture.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry that I did not specify clearly about my dissatisfaction of the export image. They are the losing of clarity/sharpness and noise of the export image that I got frustrated with, rather than the colour. And the colour profile is already in sRGB all the while.

About the yellow tint, I couldn't really get you. You mean the image appears to yellowish to you?

This post has been edited by Grajindo: Apr 20 2016, 06:26 PM
Grajindo
post Apr 20 2016, 07:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Apr 20 2016, 06:56 PM)
Sometimes Lightroom does that when the monitor profile is not in sync. One way to tell is when you convert to B&W (press V), the grey area will look yellowish. In case you are looking at lightroom 'sRGB' setting, I mean the monitor profile, like you type search "Color Management" on search window (the magnifying glass icon) and set the profiles to "sRGB Color Space Profile" though I can't remember the procedure.

Try googling "How to assign an sRGB ICC Profile to your monitor "

Another reason maybe because of export setting where your jpeg quality setting is set low.
Okay, I got you now. I changed the colour profile to sRGB and see differences in colour.

I set the quality to 100 with no limit of file size. And thing appears to be even stranger now. With the same image in LR, the image appears to be different when I switch between 'Library' and 'Develop'. When I am in 'Develop' tab, the image is what I want it to be, good clarity and sharpness. But when I switch to 'Library', it appears to be like the export image.
Grajindo
post Apr 22 2016, 08:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(DaddyO @ Apr 20 2016, 07:39 PM)
That's cause library use downgraded flat img as cover so you don't have to wait for load time lah. Why not tell us if any change to exported jpeg after you set up the monitor profile? If still cannot fix, then only way is to re-install and hope it gets fixed.
i see. thanks for the clarification.

don't really see any difference. i manage to get a more similar result by slightly reducing the exposure and the stars and milky way look a lot better now.
Grajindo
post May 5 2016, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ May 3 2016, 04:20 AM)
Wow loads of photographers at the Church of Good Shephard @ Tekapo. Especially bus loads of China photographers which most deserves to get their equipment trashed. Bunch of mongrels...
Tourists rather than photographers.. But well, it's a tourist attraction anyway so that's what you should've expected.. I was lucky enough to have some extra bit of time spend there at Tekapo so managed to get shot without people in the frame during the day time..
Grajindo
post May 6 2016, 04:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ May 5 2016, 07:29 PM)
No as in real photographers with their tripods, infra red, etc. A whole bunch of them in groups. Day time not as bad as night time for Milky Way shots.
I was lucky enough to have my thick clothing with me and managed to stay until after midnight when most of the photographers were gone. biggrin.gif
Grajindo
post May 13 2016, 08:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Rice_Owl84 @ May 8 2016, 01:02 AM)
Had that problem with the Tamron 17-50mm VC and it sucked.  All I could do is pull out the camera battery and put it back in to reset the camera and also eject and reconnect the lens.  Like a total reset of the camera and then it works again.  Lucky I had zero crash errors while it is recording.  I do notice it crashes when VC activates during liveview.  I do feel something inside the lens there is a problem.  It did eventually stop working and it cost rm500 for sent in repair sad.gif .  After fixing the problem it was perfect for few months and then once a while I do see the error again.  Eventually sold it off.  I understand that VC is really awesome for handheld video with superior unmatched stabilization.  But when you're more serious about video better invest in a good monopod then it won't matter what lens you use.

If still under warranty maybe send it in for a check and repair. 

Now upgraded to the Tamron 24-70 VC and ZERO problems!  Which is good because this one is way more expensive!
I had sent my Tamron into service centre twice in three years time sweat.gif and both of the time there were problem with focusing. maybe the one i got is lemon copy though
Grajindo
post May 15 2016, 01:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

any idea of how much it costs to replace 40D shutter?
Grajindo
post May 16 2016, 08:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

Question about SD card. I'm quite tired of waiting after long exposure shots. Will the speed be quicker if I change to a faster sd card? Or is it because of the capability of my camera body? I'm currently using Sandisk Extreme Pro
Grajindo
post May 16 2016, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ May 16 2016, 10:46 PM)
or did you turn on the Long Exposure Noise Reduction? I did a 35 minutes of exposure once with my nikon d7000 on a basic class 10 sd card and the file shows up as fast as normal shot.
yea it's on. thank you for pointing it out. i just did a test with noise reduction off and it's normal now. doh.gif wasted too much time for waiting in the past
Grajindo
post May 16 2016, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(goldfries @ May 16 2016, 09:07 PM)
If you want faster card you'll have to study in greater detail their write speed.

What's written on the card front is only the read speed.
thanks for pointing that out. i'm aware of that.
Grajindo
post May 16 2016, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ May 16 2016, 10:59 PM)
that's one thing i don't like about canon, without the noise reduction turned on the image is really noisy. with it turned on, you waste a lot of time.  doh.gif
but i suppose the noise reduction doesn't affect on raw file?
Grajindo
post Jul 25 2016, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Jul 25 2016, 04:37 PM)
last year i sold off the 24-105 to fund the 6d, and i got the awesome tamron 28-75 as a cheaper alternative...

this year, i have a feeling that i may trade in the 28-75 back to the 24-105, i think i am nuts lol doh.gif
tamron 24-70 tongue.gif overall good experience with it other than needing to visit service centre quite often during the past as i got the early batch which did not go well with 6d
Grajindo
post Jul 25 2016, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(adam_lss @ Jul 25 2016, 04:48 PM)
no complains, no regrets, in fact, everything is perfect with this tamron! i just prefer to have that extra 70-105mm and i cant find the tamron 70-200 anywhere :'(
or maybe if you can wait wait until the 24-105 F4 II is out and you might able to get one 24-105 for a better price?
Grajindo
post Jul 26 2016, 10:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(devil94 @ Jul 26 2016, 09:08 PM)
Plan to buy one for travelling use. But i might not use it often. Any alternative to recommend ?  biggrin.gif
I have a Sirui T1025x. I use that more than my gorillapod because most of the time I am having hard to find rail to secure it.
Grajindo
post Jul 26 2016, 11:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Woon Ann @ Jul 26 2016, 11:29 PM)
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 is good but will not function normally during video shoot.
I spend some money on new lens for 70D for video shoot just because the tamron keep giving me error.
doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
I saw cheap gorillapod and i own one. Just rm50 when i bought it.
But i still love Joby's. Its bigger and better in quality. I will get that when my current one rosak or sell it when cant satisfied me.
I think its worth to invest even if you didnt use it often.
This thing wont expired if you put it there. Rm50 or less for something that you might need to use in urgent or spontaneous, why not?
JUST BUY IT
Depends on which Gorillapod he is into with. The SLR zoom is quite expensive.
Grajindo
post Jul 26 2016, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(Lego Warfare @ Jul 26 2016, 11:32 PM)
+1 on Sirui, either the 1205x or 025x. It's the lightest compact full size tripod I've seen so far.
Yea, I have good experience with it as well. Backpack throughout NZ for 3 months and it hardly fail me. But most of the time I remove the centre column for greater stability.
Grajindo
post Dec 21 2016, 12:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(munak991 @ Dec 20 2016, 11:49 PM)
What's the reason I shift?

I want the face AF. Cause a camera not user friendly enough to let other people use. A face AF can auto expose the face, and make sure face is focus.
I teach my GF to recompose and use AE lock to get sharp and proper exposure when taking people face. Very trouble some when she fail to recompose and fail to capture the exposure.

5 axis stabilizer.
I swap from f4 to f2.8 canon 24-70 best lens ever...
Lack of the IS. Now with Sony I gain 1 stop of light and also with IS.

5fps, now I can try to shoot on other things like sport. I will try one day

I lose few hundred to try new system. I gain how to use other system instead of sticking one brand.and also now I got new choice of getting FD and Zeiss

When I shift to Sony I miss few luxurious setting from canon
Aperture priority in canon is superb well optimised. I miss that.
Low ISO performance, 6D with ISO 6400 still usable, sony 3200 consider very noisy.
pretty surprise to know that a7ii iso 3200 is worse than 6d shocking.gif

please do let me know how a7ii perform for sport as i shoot sports in lowlight with 6d and one of my hold back to change to a7 series is not too sure how good it performs for sport..
Grajindo
post Dec 21 2016, 01:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

QUOTE(munak991 @ Dec 21 2016, 01:06 AM)
how to shoot with 6D, with 4fps and 11 AF point?
if want to upgrade now, i think A7rii is the best choice, it is better than a lot of top series DSLR.
The AF tracking for Ai-Servo is amazing. just that the buffer at 6 images then it will start to stuck ( shooting at uncompressed RAW)

But just that it is not build for Pros.. no weather seal( means u cant shoot at rain, many complains how fragile it is)

6D low light performance is slightly better than A7ii
might not be the most ideal but prob just enough for me to shoot for uni sports team.. or probably if i have a better camera will be a lot better..

good to know the af tracking is very good but 6 images is rather little even for uncompressed raw i reckon.. easily shoot to 10 images per time for sports..
Grajindo
post Jan 10 2017, 11:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,171 posts

and im diving all the time...

want to jump but no money to jump sad.gif so now let's see what canon has to offer for its ff mirrorless, if it will ever come..

This post has been edited by Grajindo: Jan 10 2017, 11:15 AM

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0972sec    0.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 PM