Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
131 Pages « < 100 101 102 103 104 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Maybankard 2 Gold & Platinum Cards V16, We want 5% cash back - GUARANTEED

views

stargate8
post Jul 30 2016, 02:36 PM

Live Long and Prosper
1,222 posts

for maybank atm card, few years ago i was using the atm card with debit card feature, then after the debit card expired i need to go replace and queue long long for the replacement...

so i told mbb i want to have the atm card without debit card feature, then they said no longer have atm card, now all atm with debit card feature, bla bla bla, then i told them i demanded to have the atm card, as per your website atm card is available...
then they quiet and give me atm card...

by the way anyone receive m2cards replacement for the pin&pay card yet?
limeuu
post Jul 30 2016, 03:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Jul 30 2016, 02:36 PM)
for maybank atm card, few years ago i was using the atm card with debit card feature, then after the debit card expired i need to go replace and queue long long for the replacement...

so i told mbb i want to have the atm card without debit card feature, then they said no longer have atm card, now all atm with debit card feature, bla bla bla, then i told them i demanded to have the atm card, as per your website atm card is available...
then they quiet and give me atm card...

by the way anyone receive m2cards replacement for the pin&pay card yet?
That's useful information...I also only want an ATM card, not a debit card....
mamamia
post Jul 30 2016, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Jul 30 2016, 03:55 PM)
That's useful information...I also only want an ATM card, not a debit card....
There is no way to keep ATM card since bnm has implement pin n pay to all bank.. Before this implementation, bank can still issue ATM card, but now, they must issue pin n pay debit card.. ATM card will become history soon..
fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 05:10 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

Yes, I spoke to the officer when I replaced my Debit Card. She told me no more ATM card, even the black and yellow card users need to get theirs changed and replaced to Debit Card. It's BNM's ruling not banks'. The only thing you can do is to assign 0 limit to your debit purchases which I have done my Debit Cards, they are just my ATM cards. Unfortunately on the expiry date, I will need to change again when the time comes. laugh.gif
sonnas
post Jul 30 2016, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

hi Fruitie, until when the Yellow/Black ATM can be used? I haven't get any notification of changing ATM to debit pun.
fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 05:50 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(sonnas @ Jul 30 2016, 05:28 PM)
hi Fruitie, until when the Yellow/Black ATM can be used? I haven't get any notification of changing ATM to debit pun.
If change by end of the year is free, next year is chargeable. It's everywhere on FB, Maybank page. Next year onward, could be ATM also not able to use anymore. Nobody knows for now but for sure will need to change as BNM already instructed to do so.
hurtedheart
post Jul 30 2016, 06:42 PM

On my way
663 posts

Hi all, Treats points have lifetime for 3 years. How could we check how many points we accumulated for EACH year in order to track when they gonna expire?

fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 07:35 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(hurtedheart @ Jul 30 2016, 06:42 PM)
Hi all, Treats points have lifetime for 3 years. How could we check how many points we accumulated for EACH year in order to track when they gonna expire?
You can see the expiring points in your statement.
mamamia
post Jul 30 2016, 07:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,928 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jul 30 2016, 07:35 PM)
You can see the expiring points in your statement.
But, the statement a bit tricky.. U must check every month, for eg, if u have points expired in 31 July, u can only c that in previous month statement, as following month statement will only show TPs that going to expired in 31 Aug.. If u have TP expired in 31 July, u can't see it at following month statement since it only show TP that going to expired on 31 Aug
saitong09
post Jul 30 2016, 07:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,791 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jul 30 2016, 05:50 PM)
If change by end of the year is free, next year is chargeable. It's everywhere on FB, Maybank page. Next year onward, could be ATM also not able to use anymore. Nobody knows for now but for sure will need to change as BNM already instructed to do so.
My ATM no annual fee, if change to Debit card still the same right?
fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 07:54 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(mamamia @ Jul 30 2016, 07:42 PM)
But, the statement a bit tricky.. U must check every month, for eg, if u have points expired in 31 July, u can only c that in previous month statement, as following month statement will only show TPs that going to expired in 31 Aug.. If u have TP expired in 31 July, u can't see it at following month statement since it only show TP that going to expired on 31 Aug
Ah! Now only I know this. Looks like I will need to check with CS if I really need to.

QUOTE(saitong09 @ Jul 30 2016, 07:44 PM)
Never noticed this for Maybank but I know CIMB charges me every year even for ATM card.
mitodna
post Jul 30 2016, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jul 30 2016, 05:50 PM)
Off topic, need to go to bank and change black and yellow for free? Thanks
fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 07:55 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 30 2016, 07:55 PM)
Off topic, need to go to bank and change black and yellow for free? Thanks
Yes, need to go to any Maybank and change the black and yellow ATM card to Debit Card.
saitong09
post Jul 30 2016, 08:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,791 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jul 30 2016, 07:54 PM)
Never noticed this for Maybank but I know CIMB charges me every year even for ATM card.
All my bank account no annual fee - Basic Saving Account smile.gif
HMMaster
post Jul 30 2016, 09:28 PM

10K Club
Group Icon
10,308 posts

Maybank ATM got the following term (if you pay annual fee, then you'll get unlimited withdrawal):

Fifth withdrawal and above in a month RM0.50 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)
*Fee waived if you have a balance of above RM5,000 at time of withdrawal (optional) or single transaction of maximum withdrawal of RM1,500 and above
*Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM : RM8 per annum
nothingz
post Jul 30 2016, 09:39 PM

6 Stars General
2,757 posts

QUOTE(HMMaster @ Jul 30 2016, 09:28 PM)
Maybank ATM got the following term (if you pay annual fee, then you'll get unlimited withdrawal):

Fifth withdrawal and above in a month RM0.50 per withdrawal (charge will be debited directly from account at the end of each transaction)
*Fee waived if you have a balance of above RM5,000 at time of withdrawal (optional) or single transaction of maximum withdrawal of RM1,500 and above
*Unlimited withdrawal at any Maybank ATM : RM8 per annum
i went to change my old atm card to new debit card recently, was told that the 'first 4 withdrawal free' option is not available anymore
limeuu
post Jul 30 2016, 09:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

QUOTE(mamamia @ Jul 30 2016, 04:58 PM)
There is no way to keep ATM card since bnm has implement pin n pay to all bank.. Before this implementation, bank can still issue ATM card, but now, they must issue pin n pay debit card.. ATM card will become history soon..
QUOTE(fruitie @ Jul 30 2016, 05:10 PM)
Yes, I spoke to the officer when I replaced my Debit Card. She told me no more ATM card, even the black and yellow card users need to get theirs changed and replaced to Debit Card. It's BNM's ruling not banks'. The only thing you can do is to assign 0 limit to your debit purchases which I have done my Debit Cards, they are just my ATM cards. Unfortunately on the expiry date, I will need to change again when the time comes. laugh.gif
QUOTE(saitong09 @ Jul 30 2016, 07:44 PM)
atm cards are already, by definition, pin based cards...at one point meps had an eftpos payment system, and it was pin based....so technically, there is NO need to change the pure atm cards...i have my 6 digit pin for atm access, and that can be used the same for pin based purchases, should i want to...

the issue is actually, what system our debit cards are based on nowadays...it appears msia has given up on national eftpos system, and adopted the visa/mc system....hence all the bankcards are visa/mc based...i suppose that makes sense, to ride on the very extensive visa/mc cc payment network...

my atm cards dates back to the early 90's and is a limited edition card with the picture of the Manara Maybank...and never expires...when they introduced the debit cards (cherry), i declined to "upgrade"....

my accounts are also annual charge free....never charged for the atm card use...

so i loath to have to change, and then have the bank negating on all the historical free nature of my accounts and cards...

p/s i just checked, the old atm card is actually plus enabled, so should be compatible with the visa network, i have actually withdrawn cash in foreign atms with the card, via the plus/visa network.....there is REALLY no need to force people like me to change, and it CANNOT be bnm's directive...as bnm's directive is purely to move payment system at pos into a pin based system...nothing to do with atm cards, which is already pin based anyway.... vmad.gif

This post has been edited by limeuu: Jul 30 2016, 10:05 PM
fruitie
post Jul 30 2016, 10:30 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,994 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Jul 30 2016, 09:55 PM)
atm cards are already, by definition, pin based cards...at one point meps had an eftpos payment system, and it was pin based....so technically, there is NO need to change the pure atm cards...i have my 6 digit pin for atm access, and that can be used the same for pin based purchases, should i want to...

the issue is actually, what system our debit cards are based on nowadays...it appears msia has given up on national eftpos system, and adopted the visa/mc system....hence all the bankcards are visa/mc based...i suppose that makes sense, to ride on the very extensive visa/mc cc payment network...

my atm cards dates back to the early 90's and is a limited edition card with the picture of the Manara Maybank...and never expires...when they introduced the debit cards (cherry), i declined to "upgrade"....

my accounts are also annual charge free....never charged for the atm card use...

so i loath to have to change, and then have the bank negating on all the historical free nature of my accounts and cards...

p/s i just checked, the old atm card is actually plus enabled, so should be compatible with the visa network, i have actually withdrawn cash in foreign atms with the card, via the plus/visa network.....there is REALLY no need to force people like me to change, and it CANNOT be bnm's directive...as bnm's directive is purely to move payment system at pos into a pin based system...nothing to do with atm cards, which is already pin based anyway.... vmad.gif
Useless to rant or throw your tantrums here. We just said based on what the officers told us or based on our knowledge. You can always check with CS or walk in to any branch to know further. I was also using the black and yellow ATM card but I changed it in 2013 to avoid any issue when I was in overseas as I was posted to China for 3 months assignment. Ever since then I am already using a debit card as my ATM card. Gotta change my CIMB ATM card (Bumiputra Commerce) version to the red CIMB debit card as well.
limeuu
post Jul 30 2016, 10:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,924 posts

I have not received any notice to change my ATM card....

Well....if people are happy to accept any rubbish throw at them, that fine....but I know there is no need to change pure ATM cards based on the remit of the pin based move....and I will want to know why the banks wants to....I bank with their private banking, and even they don't know the reasons....other than 'bank policy's and 'orders from above'...

Our of topic anyway, so I stop here....
stargate8
post Jul 30 2016, 10:58 PM

Live Long and Prosper
1,222 posts

http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...sonal/CRD-Cards

well currently i'm holding this atm card, mbb didn't inform me in black n white that i need to change to debit card by end of this year...

131 Pages « < 100 101 102 103 104 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0296sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 PM