Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Care & Detailing [V5], Caring for your car apprearance

views

celciuz
post Aug 28 2016, 09:13 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

Hello sifus, would like to seek advise. My Honda City has a lot of scratches on piano black finish, plastic I guess. Would Meguiar's PlastX help?Attached Image
celciuz
post Jun 21 2017, 12:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

I have a lot of watermark on my windscreen as the car is parked outdoor. How can I remove them? Any recommended product or method?
celciuz
post Jun 21 2017, 12:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Jun 21 2017, 12:23 PM)
Check out this item I found on Lazada! Soft99 / Soft 99 Glass Stain Cleaner - Glass Refresh Oil Film /
Water Spots Remover - 80ml
http://www.lazada.com.my/soft99-soft-99-gl...l-26171599.html

This is a good product i used before, it better to apply ultra glaco soft99 after polish the windscreen

How to use to item? Just check out youtube there is a tutorial for their soft99 product
Thanks! Will check out your recommendations 😄

Worth getting this package? RM108

[PACKAGE DEAL] Soft 99 GLACO Ultra Car Mirror Windshield Glass
Coating Agent 70ml + SOFT 99 Glaco Mirror Coat Zero ( Mirror Coat )
40ML + Glass Stain Cleaner 80ML

This post has been edited by celciuz: Jun 21 2017, 12:29 PM
celciuz
post Jul 20 2017, 08:37 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

Expecting to receive my new ride next week, like all new ride owners... motivated to keep it clean and new haha. Any newbie friendly product I could consider? Is the fusso coat 12 months recommended? It is a silver color.
celciuz
post Jul 30 2017, 12:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

So just received my new car and my meter panel plastic has scratches... very minor one most likely thanks to the guys who cleaned my interior with the same exterior clothes dry.gif. Is tehre anything I could do? Or just leave it since would make it worse?
celciuz
post Jul 30 2017, 08:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Jul 30 2017, 05:37 PM)
Erm, as I know there isnt much u can do, unless u are willing to take risk. There are products that can polish plastics, such as Meguiars PlastX, but u should test first. If it works then the scratch will clear with no side effects, but if it doesnt then the plastic will look blur. All the best.
Big difference, namely KP600 doesnt have much power to do anything compared to most other forms of DA. Maybe it can wax a car, but thats about it. Other DAs can wetsand/compound/polish the car with variable speeds.

The other difference is that most other DA polishers have much better pads compatibility than KP600. Typical standard DA runs on a velcro backing plate that uses pads with velcro back.
QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Jul 30 2017, 07:17 PM)
meguiars plas-x
Seen some... bad results from it, since its really minor and car is new actually haha. just live with it puke.gif
celciuz
post Aug 28 2017, 01:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 28 2017, 10:25 AM)
Think firstly u need to define how detailed do u want to go into car detailing. Do u want to just keep your car clean? Do u want to keep your car shiny? Do u have extra time to spend to make your car glow like showroom car? Do u like to do DIY stuff at home? Different Yes/No answers to these questions will determine what u should buy to achieve what u want.
Tumpang hijack.

Yes to all biggrin.gif. I'm going to drop by Osren this Saturday to grab my "starter pack". Was communicating with them but guess if I could see the stuffs can directly grab it.

Got my wife's car with lots of scratches and dents (works at a bank and the amount of idiots opening the doors is shit load) which I need to "restore". Also the watermarks on the glass is damn horrible sad.gif tried the soft99 glass refresh but like need to do multiple pass to reduce it...
celciuz
post Aug 28 2017, 02:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Aug 28 2017, 01:45 PM)
Maybe lets start by wash and vacuum first. Basic things that u need:

1) Wash bucket
2) Wash mitt (preferably microfiber, not sponge)
3) Microfiber drying towels (1 big one for wiping overall car, 2-3 small ones for wiping doorjambs/wheels/interior, dont use interchangbly)
4) Wash soap
5) Wheel brush and sponge

This should start u off. Watch some videos on youtube on basic car wash techniques, some best practices, etc.

For tar removal, u can try get a bottle from ACE Hardware or Osren, tar removers quite generic, not much specialty. Use a separate cloth to wipe clean tar, dont use that cloth for drying or any other purpose.
Yes, if Osren office is convenient to u, then drop by and get what u need. They have good support in their products usage and prices are reasonable.

For glass water spots, I believe your best chance is to use machine to polish it off. Just hand polish will require alot of effort.
I'm from Melaka, but Henry/Johnson has been replying me a lot on FB... so will make a visit there this coming Saturday hehe. One shot buy the stuffs required... and since restoring wife's ride is priority, then gonna drive it there let them take a look and recommend product. Hopefully don't break my piggy bank haha!

QUOTE(therain01 @ Aug 28 2017, 01:50 PM)
Another way to remove water mark from glass is to use works ( see attached) or Clr. Cost around rm 30 to 50 from ace hardwares. Spray some of those on the glass then paste and soak with kitchen paper towel for 10 mins.  wipe off to clean. Hope that help.
I bought 3M glass cleaner, didn't work sad.gif But the car is 3 years now and I guess the watermark is pretty bad.
celciuz
post Aug 30 2017, 08:18 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Aug 30 2017, 12:20 AM)
Seen like ur windshield condition is really bad
Previously im using soft99 glass cleaner to polish,  it work for me as my car is new car , not sure those heavy water mark and stain will work or not, maybe u can try autoglym as gfwong mention that it work better than any other product in market
Tried the glass refresh on my 2014 car, need do several pass and still not completely clean. Damn tired with using hand sweat.gif gonna drop by Osren this Saturday let them see the car for recommendations since I'm going to buy other items from them too. Time to venture into car detailing...
celciuz
post Aug 30 2017, 11:27 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Aug 30 2017, 09:54 AM)
I feel it more effective to polish with dry glass, mean must drying the glass only clean it , yes habd very sour and tired ,invest a machine will help ur job done faster , easily and more effective
Yup, the soft99 glass refresh really not bad for the price, now detailing wanna find cheap, nice and great
Will be visiting Osren to get my stuffs on Saturday hehe, plus get some tips from them too LOL.

Gonna grab a DA... ease my detailing job... use hand really tiring sad.gif
celciuz
post Sep 2 2017, 05:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(chongkiatz @ Aug 30 2017, 10:36 PM)
Do share what u get from osren ya bro , sure feel excited happy.gif
Spent RM2k+ there for my starter kit 😅 Ended up buying more and more stuffs 😂 Hopefully my interest don't die off before I use them up 😶

On the side note, anyone using pressure water gun here? Any recommended model? Was told to get those water cooled models.
celciuz
post Sep 5 2017, 12:19 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

Heya guys, how do you wash the microfiber clothes after buffing off polish/wax?

Is there any specific thing I need to take care off? What sort of detergent is safe to be used?

I know need to handwash and dry it by air (not under sunlight)... but any of the detergent would work? Dynamo? Breeze? Or some ingredient I should be avoiding.
celciuz
post Sep 5 2017, 08:19 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 5 2017, 12:59 AM)
I typically machine wash my microfiber cloths. Very important is to put them into lint bags before throwing into washing machine so that minimize lint from washing machine stick onto cloth.

Any liquid detergent is fine, but try to avoid powder based detergents because sometimes they dont break down properly and end up getting stuck in your cloth.

Yes, air dry is best. It can be warm but not under direct sunlight.
Lint bag are those bags with holes to separate the clothes?
celciuz
post Sep 5 2017, 10:00 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 5 2017, 09:13 AM)
Yes correct, but the holes are very fine type, finer than mosquito netting if u seen it before.
Something like this? http://www.lazada.com.my/3-pieces-60x70cm-...0.0.kgi4uW&ff=1

Just it is finer? Hmm, need to hunt for them then.
celciuz
post Sep 5 2017, 01:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 5 2017, 10:43 AM)
Yes correct. This is the lint bag I normally use. If u have daiso near your place u can find it there. Comes in many sizes and designs.

Oh just to mention that another important feature of these bags is it also reduces your cloth stretching over time, so your cloth wont run out of shape.
If I were to hand wash... it will also stretch right the clothes?

I'll try my luck at Daiso then hehe.
celciuz
post Sep 5 2017, 01:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 5 2017, 01:25 PM)
Hand wash only stretch the cloth if u twist it to remove maximum water. What I normally do if hand washing or rinsing microfiber cloths is to either roll it into a ball and squeeze inwards first, then fold it over 2 times and do small twists between thumb and 1-2 fingers width. Its a bit hard to explain, but basically I do multiple small twists instead of 1 big twist to remove water when hand washing. This also reduces possibility of stretching the cloth.
bangwall.gif think I stretched my cloth already but never mind haha, at least I learn something new today.

You mean just do small twists in intervals instead of twisting it normally to remove the water? Instead of 1 big twist, you do small twists along the cloth?
celciuz
post Sep 6 2017, 08:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(blurcase @ Sep 5 2017, 01:39 PM)
Yes, fold up the cloth 2 times, then small twists every 1-2 inches depending on size of cloth after folding. My cloths are generally long rather than square, so I tend to fold 1/3, then another 1/3.
Got it, I bought those huge MF drying cloth from Osren. Going to take long to dry it laugh.gif

QUOTE(jakal sombong @ Sep 6 2017, 12:15 AM)
do you guys use pressure washer for your washing?
and does snow foaming really improve in car washing time saving ?

if so can recommend . dunno to get the cheaper karcher or higher end version.
before this i bought last only about 2years. but that was the low end version.
heard that nilfisk is quite a good brand also.
I'm planning to buy one of the Karcher to use with a snow lance too. Which model did you buy before and the motor only lasted for 2 years+? Do you use only for car wash and weekly?

I'm thinking if the low end doesn't last... maybe need to go for the K4 and above (Water cooled), but was thinking if I were to use it for car wash only.. maybe K1 or K2 would be sufficient, but hearing from you... it broke down by 2 years :S.
celciuz
post Sep 8 2017, 01:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

Going to finally detail my car this weekend with DA machine rclxm9.gif I know we have to mask the plastic and rubber panels, what about chrome finishing, head lamp and tail lamp?
celciuz
post Sep 15 2017, 08:04 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(douglas_tong @ Sep 8 2017, 02:19 PM)
Chrome and tail lamp can be taped.

Some aio polisher I lazy to even tape, but for pure polish I do tape.

Some aio don't stain rubber trim. Most dedicated polisher would. So pandai lo
Will be using Osren Restorer 51 then Synergized wax, these need to tape up?

When you mentioned "can be taped" means... is it better to tape?

QUOTE(therain01 @ Sep 8 2017, 02:41 PM)
Tape your headlamp. The rest is fine as no permanent damage will be done.
What sort of "damage" you referring to? ohmy.gif
celciuz
post Sep 15 2017, 08:43 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,512 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Sep 15 2017, 08:19 AM)
Factory UV coating
Ah... unless in the future if I were to do my own coating, then I can polish it before applying those coating on?

49 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2769sec    0.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:15 PM