5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AV Receivers/ Speakers/ Subwoofers, Discussion & Opinion

views

ktek
post Feb 7 2016, 09:00 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Feb 7 2016, 08:55 PM)
Price for each item bro?  unsure.gif

I'll definitely will check it out! TQ!  notworthy.gif
not sure exact as nobody work in senq.
but is closely match ur budget
ktek
post Feb 7 2016, 09:41 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Feb 7 2016, 09:37 PM)
Tq.

Anyone else?  blush.gif
actually tight budget should go avr + 2 quality bookshelf. u have more resistance to upgrade hehehe.

budget surround set easy lose steam causing u to spend again & again
ktek
post Feb 15 2016, 08:28 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

just oem spkr with branding license.

my experience is spend front unit with most budget.
they work the most for mixed listening.
side & subwoofer are compliment during movie, which u can leave without them due to limited budget
ktek
post Feb 19 2016, 04:53 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

not bad pricing for dn1060 package. i wonder any user now or demo available?
ktek
post Feb 19 2016, 07:14 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Feb 19 2016, 05:52 PM)
Pricing is actually insanely good lol. Why? Because it comes with free BD-7200 player and a MDR1ABT headphone. You sell both off at 80% price from new and the DN1060 is like only 1.4k.
The DN1060 also doesn't sound half bad, in fact very good. Great soundstage, good imaging, punchy dynamics (lol not Sony's forte at all previously).
Too bad it falls short on the video department though, only ONE HDCP 2.2 capable port (ridiculous), no HDR support via firmware, only 1 port does 4:4:4 @ 60hz and input lag that cannot be eradicated.
Then there's the reliability.... well, the 1060 hasn't been out that long yet to hear about the horror stories of Sony receivers going dead for no reason what so ever.

weakness is acceptable for its price. i decided
pls dont advertise too much, im buying it soon.
afraid out of stok like mcd toys or shell lego then no review from me.

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Feb 19 2016, 05:57 PM)
To be honest the only thing I trust about SONY was their smartphones.Β  nod.gif
cyber shot x walkman x xperia

This post has been edited by ktek: Feb 19 2016, 07:20 PM
ktek
post Feb 26 2016, 01:25 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Feb 26 2016, 12:49 AM)
I would love to have the Yamaha RX-V479. Anyone knows the lowest price?Β  icon_question.gif
good choice below rm2k ask Sentinel92

This post has been edited by ktek: Feb 26 2016, 01:26 PM
ktek
post Mar 13 2016, 10:07 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(stevenycs @ Mar 13 2016, 09:44 PM)
my Onkyo HTS-5300 7.1 AVR finally died on me after 4 years. Very sad. Been sending to the service shop almost annually due to burned capacitor and stuff. now thy told me one of the main board burnt and repair cost mounted to 800++. so decided to get a new AVR unit to replace it.

Been surveying and found this Yamaha RX-V379 unit. Cheapest I saw now is 1699 without the speakers. As I am using back Onkyo 7.1 (speakers). Just wanna know if any bros in here had any review on this HTB-379 unit? thanks.
very basic, work just right it design for small room
ktek
post Mar 19 2016, 02:12 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(stevenycs @ Mar 13 2016, 10:17 PM)
I just saw RX-V479 model. Seems better with additional 2 HDMI in and Wifi support too.
Maybe go for this if the price not that much of a different.
thanks for the reply.

UPDATE: Just got myself RX-V479 instead today with 5 years E.W.  :thumbsup:
congrats bro. welcome to.yamaha
ktek
post Mar 19 2016, 02:15 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(teop @ Mar 19 2016, 12:35 AM)
Hi newbie here using RX-V679. I need some advice on speakers setup.

1. How significant is a 5.1 vs 7.1 setup? Is it worth it especially considering that I would watch only 3 titles/year.

2. Is there a significant difference between using small surround speakers vs. larger ones?

3. Due to living room design, the most convenient location for my surround speakers is about 40/45 degrees behind listening position at 2.9m/2.5m distance. Is that ok or it would be much better to put it at 2/-2 degrees @ 2.2m/2.2m distance?

Thanks.
put side will give wrap around effect.
put rear corner will give suprise attack effect.
ktek
post Mar 21 2016, 02:52 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(teop @ Mar 21 2016, 01:01 PM)
I think I understand what you are trying to say. When I'm listening to music, setting to straight decode will result in distinct separation between the LR channels leaving a hole in the middle. If set to 2 ch Stereo the LR channels blends smoothly.

Now the burning question is the positioning of the LR surround. The thing is it is kind of difficult to know if I'm putting it to far back. The front is easier to judge since you have visual queues. I remember that when I bought the Creative Live! sound card, it came with a demo with various sound circling your head together with a visual positioning of the sound. Unfortunately no such thing here. Its kind of like trying to tell a color-blind person the color of red. If I haven't heard it before, how do I know if it is right or wrong unless of course it is totally screwed. It would requires watching numerous titles with the right scenes with the right effect, which I don't have for now.

Any pointers there? Any suitable demo that I can download. Also does YPAO takes position into account? I think it would be impossible since it only takes single point reading so it can only figure out the distance.
before i forget, always use surround LR in 5.1 no matter u install beside or behind (can do that)
the surround back LR only activate in 7.1

try to make an equal length triangle between primary seat, left & right spkr.
they shouldn't make a hole in middle unless spkr too far away or toe in (angled inside) too much. usually i let spk face front without toe if no big object /wall beside.
run a quick ypao to get latest distance & db.
the ideal ypao is minimal difference for front channel level & distance

after u settle front, change to all ch stereo, play a normal voice song.
reduce front LR spk level db to minimum but remember ori value
now turn urself backward, move urself in horizontal line while listen which position has the most balance surround left vs right.
if u are standing near surround left spkr, increase its db 1 or 2.
so the balance position shift to center.
if near surround right, do the same. or reduce the boost u added just now.

once again the rear middle hole will be fill with voice.
restore front ori db as before. use test tone in yamaha manual spk setup to balance out front vs rear using ear or spl meter /phone app.

demo got a lot ah. see demo-world.eu under 2d trailer hd section.
dolby, dts & thx made are good to begin with

This post has been edited by ktek: Mar 21 2016, 03:23 PM
ktek
post Mar 22 2016, 02:49 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(teop @ Mar 22 2016, 12:45 PM)
Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to try it.
My LR speakers is actually toe in from the start as recommended by the speakers manual, although the degree of toe is not mentioned. Currently it is pointing directly to the sides of my ears. How would I know if I'm toeing too much or too little? What do I listen for?
Currently my front and surround distance is pretty equal and balanced. Based on my previous memory, listening to music with all speakers on produces a 360 effect. And when moving around the room, the sound is pretty balanced until I'm really close to one of the speaker before it becomes obvious to its sound output.
any movement must run ypao or manual adjust distance.
u move rear to side the original distance compensation is a lot, causing funny problem of coverage & loud like u experienced.

well, as you mentioned front spk sound like missing hole during straight /pure direct. can u tell what spk model & ypao level, distance?
the room size is simlar to mine, using wide wall 6x4m.

i suspect is not toe angle, but distance far apart between front L & R. the triangle projected behind seat instead. try stand that area to listen in straight /direct mode
Attached Image

This post has been edited by ktek: Mar 22 2016, 03:38 PM
ktek
post Mar 22 2016, 05:38 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

anyway, i suggest you tackle front side first, as the rear tuning has relation with it.
unless you have decide to not change, then just adjust rear spkrs
ktek
post Mar 23 2016, 01:25 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(stevenycs @ Mar 23 2016, 12:49 PM)
But I'm not using those RCA type.
My connector at the back are screw in wire type n
Can use RCA direct plug?
oh, loose cut spk cable can buy from car audio shop. usually start from rm5 per meter onwards, aim for more copper strands ι“œδΈ if budget allow.

recently i bought norstone 1.5mmsq from hifi shop was charged rm10 per meter. sound not nice so avoid this.
ktek
post Mar 23 2016, 04:39 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(sonerin @ Mar 23 2016, 03:35 PM)
KEF.......ah. I use to have KEF but sold it off. It is a good speaker but I jump ship into SVS prime bookshelf. I am using the bookshelf as surround. I did thought of the satellite but kind of small so go with prime bookshelf. I assume you using the A2040 for the room setup.
is RXA850 aventage
btw, i would like the q100 if he planning to sell

This post has been edited by ktek: Mar 23 2016, 05:23 PM
ktek
post Mar 30 2016, 09:24 AM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(manx @ Mar 30 2016, 08:27 AM)
Hello guys...
I have an Onkyo AV Receiver TX-SR503 (old model) tongue.gif which was operating fine since and suddenly few weeks back I have some decoding problem from it. The receiver is decoding Dolby Digital sound perfectly but somehow it doesn't recognize DTS and only output as Stereo sound. I have tested from few sources (mainly my android boxes) and also from all the 3 available optical inputs but somehow it still fails to produce the DTS output sad.gif.

Do you guys know what exactly the problem or is there any shop recommendation (preferably in Penang) for me to get it checked?
possible remote select auto surround? or direct mode
full reset may fix this
ktek
post Apr 2 2016, 08:48 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

pioneer avr, samsung plasma
ktek
post Apr 9 2016, 02:28 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Apr 9 2016, 12:17 PM)
user posted image

Marantz SR5007 7.2ch Networking Home Theater Receiver
DTS HD Master Audio with Audyssey MultEQXT
650W (Standby 0.2W)
6 HDMI outputs
RM 3,856.00  shakehead.gif
value for money if buy used unit below 2k. audyssey xt goooooddd!!
amp has insufficient power to go 7ch, the only weakness from my usage
ktek
post Apr 15 2016, 05:04 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(Masculine @ Apr 15 2016, 02:40 PM)
Hi,

I'm moving to a new apartment and thinking of upgrading from my iPhone 6/AT MSR7 to AV receiver type of setup.

I'm seriously looking at Yamaha RX-V379 or RX-V479.  What is a good Yamaha speaker that should go with this receiver?  Mainly for music listening 99% from FLAC file streamed from my iPhone.

Thanks
got choice dont buy yamaha entry spkrs. there are tons of bookshelf spkr available. can u mention room size?
ktek
post May 17 2016, 04:32 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ May 17 2016, 03:54 AM)
😊 too many poison in my head now haha hope not burn my pocket out http://vbizz.com/spk51wn-5ch-speaker-packa...alnut-5073.html just saw few 5.1 speakers within my budget mayb abit over 2.5k.. http://vbizz.com/spk160rw-5ch-speaker-package-5071.html searching keep going on...feel like wanna try the floor type 5.1 the Yamaha np40 I think for living room abit small..the spk51 price around rm1500 if i can get a avr for rm1400 it will be around rm2900...most probably will get it on Raya corner..πŸ˜‹
8x3 meter quite a medium room. your tv install at long wall or short wall?
for best quality. buy avr with front 3 channel first. not much going on rear spkrs. u need to spare money for cable too (usually not included)

ktek
post May 18 2016, 06:03 PM

wings wings
8,858 posts

pls dont go the int amp if your main usage in movie. lose the lossless hd audio and surround is not replaceable.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0714sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2020 - 12:34 AM