Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

Yveatel
post Dec 29 2016, 09:03 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(zulwaqar @ Dec 29 2016, 08:58 AM)
Reporting in, comrade. A husband and future father. Expected my 1st child early of January 2017.

thumbsup.gif
hahaha... long journey to go. I am currently fighting a battle with my 5mo daughter. cry in the middle of night. When you talk to her, she smiles. KEK bangwall.gif
Yveatel
post Dec 29 2016, 03:24 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

Currently using pampers (nights and travel) and those reusable pampers/lampins (day time).

My wife wanted to separate our baby to different rooms sad.gif cause I snore too loud...
Yveatel
post Jan 5 2017, 04:16 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Jan 5 2017, 03:01 PM)
just sit down n discuss with ur spouse on the cord blood.. is personal choice..

i got to know from my friend ..instead kept ..the dr help to push back the cord blood to the baby during delivery.. you make check with ur dr

Delayed cord clamping is a birth practice where the umbilical cord is not clamped or cut until after pulsations have ceased, or until after the placenta is delivered. A growing number of parents are choosing delayed cord clamping for their baby.
Yup, we choose delayed cord clamping as well after look into several options and we feel it is best to let baby have all the blood before cut the cord.
Yveatel
post Jan 17 2017, 04:52 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

does anyone know where I can get waterproof diapers for my 6 months old baby around KV? Thinking of bringing my baby to swim.
Yveatel
post Jan 18 2017, 08:33 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Jan 17 2017, 06:21 PM)
you can get swim diapers at jusco as well..
Which Jusco? I can't find it at Kepong and Wangsa Maju, OR should I say I'm looking at wrong department??
Yveatel
post Jan 18 2017, 08:35 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Jan 17 2017, 05:03 PM)
can get some from mothercare.

main reason for swim diapers is for crap. so... yeah. if he doesnt poop randomly and all the time, then dont need.
Thanks. Mothercare. baby didn't poop randomly all the time so far. Daily morning or sometimes evening. Just in case biggrin.gif
Yveatel
post Feb 23 2017, 09:15 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Feb 23 2017, 08:47 AM)
Yesterday while fetching my kids to school in the afternoon there is a father scolding his 8-year son ..

"You know that I work so hard everyday to raise you and feed you, why you didn't spend more time on your study. I am very sad and angry" - the father of the boy

Then the boy muka sedih and go into the school.

I manage to chat to the father separately after kepochi heard that conversation between the father and the boy

I told him gently, please understand is your responsible as a parent to take care, feed and provide your children basic education hence you cannot use this excuse force your kids to do well in the study.

Instead, I told him, as a parent you need to inform him why he needs to study, what can he achieve in future if he studies hard. End of the day is really up to the children.

Also, I notice we like to make fun of the kids and trying to scare them off.

I.e I went to Genting last few years, there was an exhibition for kids to perform indoor rock climbing, as usual for

my Aussie colleague -
"Annie, you want to try ?"

While Annie climbing
"Annie, you doing great. I wish I can climb like you"
And all the encouraging words like amazing/wow/fantastic all from my friend

Another local kid
You going to fall down, grip the rocks firmly, faster, later you die if fall down and blah blah blah by their parents

You see the difference ... not all will act like this but i observed majority  laugh.gif
As a father to my 7mo daughter, I do not have any experience to speak of others' parenting method, but I do agree with you. Many I observed always said "I spend time to help him in study" etc, but the tonnes of voices, man, you feel demotivate after listen to your mumbling parents. I agreed many new parents start approaching their kids and stays with them mostly, however, the attitude towards kids are very bossy which cause some kids to turn away; especially when they are older.

Yveatel
post May 22 2017, 03:19 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ May 22 2017, 01:20 PM)
Not sure about Grolier... but i do have a set which using talking pen ..  my kids play for 3 months then feel bored .. although got language such ENG,CHI and Japanese

Seriously i still think parent take a book and sit down with kid and read ... that the most effic way .. learning is two way communication .. means Q&A during the reading
I agree with you as well. My wife with Waldorf background certainly do not like kids to engage with electronics so much in early years. She really push for family time if my schedule ok such as picnic and walking around garden (my daughter only 9month-old).
Yveatel
post May 30 2017, 09:37 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ May 30 2017, 05:13 PM)
hi all
im a new father and with my baby being 7 weeks old. he is under the care of my mother in law who is a confinement lady in "profession".

Im getting tired of how my mother in law handles the child, ie feeding Chinese herbs powder, letting baby get used to sleep on his stomach to maintain round head shape, frequently wanting to bring baby out to shopping mall which in modern days a lot of these are not strongly suggested (of coz not prohibited at least) by pediatrician...

anyone have good ideas to fend off my mother in law? or I should let her b?
sweat.gif sweat.gif Not easy to fend off your mother in law, but from my side:

1) I never agree with chinese herbs, in fact some herbs already written that no infant can take it
2) baby sleep on the tummy : NOT RECOMMENDED due to SIDS (seek expert or you keep an eye all the time)
3) Never ever bring to shopping mall (I think most of the Pediatrician/Doctors will say no)

Yveatel
post May 31 2017, 02:42 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(zeroexz @ May 31 2017, 11:10 AM)
cry.gif yea I know, to be honest I have to grateful that she is taking her personal time to help us out in terms of the confinement month and settling down

point 1 - 3 - I have read a lot articles about these and seriously my wife and in law will just said - I have raised by daughter up such way and she is healthy and married to you...

to be honest, my wife is totally on her side and we have difficulties get eye on eye on matter as such.
at times I almost throw tantrum and ask my mother in law to shut up and leave...tats rude and bad but really I find it tough
different school of thoughts, as new father I admit I am panaroid and has been referring a lot information to the internet which all suggested against the above....

herbs - like my in law says....her daughter was brought up in such manner why not now the child...
stomach - yea my kiddo slept better on the stomach, can only keep an eye on this
going out - I don't mind once in a while when the crowd is less and make sure the baby is well covered...but my in law is suggesting to go out too frequently...i.e. go out long ours to outlet in the afternoon and want to bring the baby to family gathering at night...I think that's too taxing...
definitely not eu yan sang...to her she felt that her experience overrides padae  icon_question.gif
I can feel for you, it is hard with generation gap between us and them, moreover with your wife side with her mum. I guess no point to create tension and argument over traditional VS modern way of bringing up children. Good or bad, by end of the day, no one can really judge. Most important is the health of baby and growing up in happy family.

On my side, I do bring my kid to shopping mall just to buy some grocery once a week. She is 10 months old now though. In early days, I always buy grocery home. I can see she is frustrated in long outings. My wife prefer for her to stay at home most of the time.
Yveatel
post Aug 17 2017, 02:36 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Aug 16 2017, 08:41 PM)
Hi all,

Just got to know my wife are pregnant with our first baby. As a husband what should I do now?. Quite anxious now..
Congratulations!! Any question just feel free to ask us.
Yveatel
post Aug 19 2017, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(eric84cool @ Aug 19 2017, 09:36 AM)
Hi all, I got to know the preg. test is positive and would like to confirm by visiting a doctor. Shall I refer to gynaecologist or normal doctor from normal clinic will do?

Any recommendation doctor to refer at PJ/Kepong area? thx!
Even doctor also use the preg. test only. The only thing is to scan only. Get iron, folic acid. Please have balance diet, cause baby's brain development is in early stage.
Yveatel
post Aug 19 2017, 11:32 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(eric84cool @ Aug 19 2017, 10:03 AM)
Hi, thx for the reply. Then which type of clinic have ultrasound scan test? Is it klinik wanita type?
I think most clinics in KL nowadays already got ultrasound, just to be safe, look for Klinik Wanita. I cannot help you on which clinic you go, later kena cut throat. My first experience at Puchong is bad, Klinik Wanita and cut at RM 300 for Ultrasound only. My first and last visit. Quite rush cause want to confirm the pregnancy, other doctor ask, then round around Puchong, end up kena cut throat mad.gif mad.gif
Yveatel
post Sep 18 2017, 02:49 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

Formula milk - yes, it is "heaty".
Yveatel
post Sep 26 2017, 09:40 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Sep 25 2017, 10:57 PM)
I feel your pain bro.

When I was traveling outstation with him along, my wife and I had to accompany my son sleeping in his car seat for an hour noon nap.  yawn.gif

Apparently King Size bed isn't *King* enough for him.  sweat.gif
hahahaha... nowadays, whenever I am traveling, I look for room with one queen and 1 single, guess who is sleeping at single? me tongue.gif tongue.gif
Yveatel
post Oct 5 2017, 08:14 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(vince01 @ Oct 5 2017, 07:50 PM)
Hi everyone,

Me and my wife are contemplating to deliver in private or govt hospital? The nearest govt hospital in my area will be hospital sungai Buloh

Anyone have experience there b4? Doctor and nurse there good?.

Thanks in advance
Congratulations. I got no direct experience from Hospital Sg. Buloh, but from my friend's experience, it is quite good.
Yveatel
post Oct 7 2017, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(vo0de3_x | oum@n @ Oct 7 2017, 08:24 AM)
Hi guys.. wanna ask if ur baby one month old n few days did encounter few daya nvr poo? My baby currently have this problem n my wife is worried
did you give baby drink formula? if yes, try to give the baby some water ( some doctor did not advise, but my doctor recommend a bit of drinking water (boiled) for baby due to constipation). Reduced the scoop of milk powder by half.
Yveatel
post Nov 1 2017, 07:18 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(wyyew @ Oct 31 2017, 03:58 PM)
hi ,

can  i know your partner will keep on vomiting after 3 months pregnancy?

Thank for sharing.
My wife did not vomit at all. dry.gif

QUOTE(quebix @ Oct 31 2017, 05:04 PM)
just wanna ask any fathers here if they share the same experience.

my baby (now 3 months old) has been acting like this ever since i take him out in the car....maybe around a few weeks old i guess.

everytime my car stop, he will start crying. even at the traffic light.
if traffic jam, headache. hahaah.

if long distance drive, sleep soooooo well, not even lorry honking or loud music can wake him, but as soon as i stop the car at R&R, he start to wake up and cry.

so sensitive meh?can know if the car is moving or not. lol
Yup, my baby is the same. Reason as what hutazi said.

QUOTE(hutazi @ Oct 31 2017, 05:20 PM)
baby is used to motion because whem mom walks around easy to rock him to bed. at home how you put the kid to sleep? with a rocker? if he always learn to sleep when things moving or always quiet, then susah later.
dont need pity the baby. he came out at 4kg. enough nutrients di.
Yveatel
post Nov 2 2017, 07:48 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(quebix @ Nov 1 2017, 08:59 AM)
your baby also same?

i used to take care of other babies before.... but none really like my own baby.
other babies, in car is ok, will doze to sleep, but when the car stop, they wont make a fuss.

my baby, even if my car stop just for a few seconds, already notice. haha.

furthermore at home, have no trouble sleeping, i dont use a rocker to put him to sleep all the time.
its not like he wants to be "in motion" to sleep everytime, but just in car.
yup, when stuck in traffic jam is huge problem for me. My baby is very sensitive. No rocker for my baby.
Yveatel
post Nov 2 2017, 01:28 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Nov 2 2017, 09:40 AM)
do you all think got any mother spying this thread? hehe

is year end .. time to clear leave .. where you guys planning to bring ur kids for holiday break?
Nope, my baby still 1 year and 3 months old, my wife don't like to break the routine of baby...

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0536sec    0.32    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:19 AM