Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

STOCK MARKET DISCUSSION V150

views

billy_overheat
post Jan 31 2020, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(buncho89 @ Jan 31 2020, 04:12 PM)
Wow lots of counters nosediving... anyone know what’s up? Cos of corona virus? Lol
and fear that it's gonna nosediving more because of more infected persons. lol
billy_overheat
post Apr 17 2020, 10:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

but with 98 and 08 crisis, the rebound lasted a month of two before going further to south. Will history repeat?

especially when everyone is so optimistic about the market right now, i'm a bit scared to be honest.

but again, we'll have to take the known factors like covid and modern information transmission into accounts.

hell freaking confusing.

laugh.gif
billy_overheat
post Apr 17 2020, 10:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Apr 17 2020, 10:24 AM)
Bear temporarily drowned by flooding of QE and stimulus rain...  laugh.gif
This time of crash came in way way faster than last time, so it also bounces as fast.

Last time, drop 1-3% per day. 3% was already considered big move.
While this time, dropped 7~8% per day.

1 to 2 weeks already dropped more than 20% already.
ya, and we did keep dropping since 2018. non-stop kena gaogao because of political moves.
billy_overheat
post Apr 17 2020, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Apr 17 2020, 10:41 AM)
Chance is pretty low for big crash further.
what makes you said that? has everything been factored in? this is the question i keep asking myself
billy_overheat
post Apr 18 2020, 04:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(MasterConfucion @ Apr 18 2020, 02:07 PM)
once short sell van over prepare f or bloodbath. i think don’t enter now
it's not that other markets are pausing the short trading, right? when the big trend is going up, shorts won't do well. just like those who kept shouting 'put' two weeks before are not silent. just ride on the tide and keep extremely cautious about it?
billy_overheat
post Apr 18 2020, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(billy_overheat @ Apr 18 2020, 04:20 PM)
it's not that other markets are pausing the short trading, right? when the big trend is going up, shorts won't do well. just like those who kept shouting 'put' two weeks before are now silent. just ride on the tide and keep extremely cautious about it?
billy_overheat
post May 18 2020, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(ChAOoz @ May 18 2020, 06:55 PM)
Sell in May go away  tongue.gif 

Boring month for me. Market over valued everywhere, everyone is saying this is a buying opportunity but i beg to differ if you miss the mid march boat.

Still optimistic about tech stock, but other than that im waiting for red sea June reporting seasons.
Exactly what I felt. Stopped buying/selling since a few weeks ago. Couldn't find anything to buy unless I join the punters and ride along the wave which I think I'm not that good at. Can only eat popcorns and watch all the shows.
billy_overheat
post Mar 30 2021, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(wayton @ Mar 30 2021, 02:10 PM)
EV hype is indeed very high in the stock market across the globe.

Strong growth in this area almost surely.
But have doubt the big hype turns into big profit.

Could be another dotcom repeat history.
Some success, some not

But for now, anything touch with EV and tech, fly to moon.
the dance of bond yield and possible interest hike are taking them back to the floor, maybe a few stories above the floor. biggrin.gif anyhow some tech counters do still show strong rebound. in such consolidation period, nothing much can be done.
billy_overheat
post Apr 2 2021, 10:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(skty @ Apr 1 2021, 07:38 PM)
share what? All those cannot be thought, it depends on your sense and experience on top of skills and knowledge. All those are accumulated with tons of losses aka tuition fee paid.

stock market is considered the easiest place to earn money compare to forex, futures, etc because there is a company behind of every share that we buy that is constantly pumping money back into the market via dividend. I don't learn those trading skills from "expert" in stock market. They are nothing compare to those expert in forex.

I saw many "expert" in Bursa taking out the chart and start to draw lines, circles, boxes, whatever and then start predicting what is the future price movement. They think they are god that can predict future with TA. Worst still, they use indicator to lead their "VIP". Some will say MACD cross, buy! Some will say golden cross, buy! Some will say overbought or oversold, buy or sell! Lately I saw popularity in people crazy about an indicator name MCDX that they think it can show banker, hot money, retailer. doh.gif Basically they are just a story teller that they are so good at looking the chart and tell story. If is so easy, everyone is a millionaire.

I am not saying TA is useless. TA is useful, only if we know the real meaning behind it. Every footballer learn the same thing, do the same training, but minority can be really outstanding.

better to go for the basic long term first which is suitable for most people rather than want to jump into those.
for intra day trading example:

yesterday I jump into MCT at 0.285 when I sense it finally going into the last SOP, set CL at 0.275. Kena washed out when the operator push down to 0.265. Late afternoon the operator push up to 0.32. haha.

today I jump into SOLUTN at 1.32 and saw it goes to 1.37 before the operator push down to 1.29 and hit my CL to wash me out. Too bad I haven't got time to monitor the market today.

of course there are some intra day trades that I have won like two days ago I entered SOLUTN at 1.18 and sold for 1.34. But what I am trying to say is it's impossible to win every trades.

We cannot control the profit, but we can control the risk. If you don't treat trading as a business, better invest rather than trading.

my 2 cent. Lately has been a busy period for me because of what is coming in US market due to CA divergence. I hope it will still be in 2H21 but May maybe the doom day.
exactly, I was intrigued by the mcdx and checked on it. basically it's just a modified rsi indicator to show buying momentum and now everybody's chasing after it because of some strong buyings and sellings. LMAO. TA wise, the forex guys are really great but too many indicators confuse one while all these sifus here, apa pun ada indicators yo.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
billy_overheat
post May 17 2021, 04:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Bendan520 @ May 17 2021, 04:31 PM)
A blow to me was I never once picked goreng counters.

I've done enough research to know the good growth prospects companies to invest in. However in this situation at hand, goreng counters going up, good counters sheds.
depends on your own style of trading or investing, if the companies are having growth prospects, add more if they come down regardless of the daily price fluctuations. however, if you're worried about the price movement on the screen, it either means you're not confident enough of your stock picks or the big institutions know something you dont.
billy_overheat
post May 20 2021, 02:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 17 2021, 07:15 PM)
rolleyes.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

i want spider. ada? brows.gif brows.gif hahhahhahahaha
billy_overheat
post May 20 2021, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 20 2021, 06:51 PM)
still not yet see inside QR...

but from the outside, it looks like a blowout numbers...

user posted image
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I know nothing much about QES .... how? tell me more?

icon_rolleyes.gif
two main businesses - distribution & manufacturing

company is going to expand more into manufacturing - qr shows the increment in manufacturing too

cash reduced - receivables/payables increase

company again used the word 'cautiously' optimistic with the growth of the industry - recent mou with ae - prospect?

chart wise, higher low, profit taking with yesterday's report, might trade sideways for a few days/weeks with reduced volatility - might touch the ath 2 - 3 times before another breakout IF the next few qtrs are like what we saw in the recent qtr?

there are better stocks, i guess? with the current sentiments, keep cash?

boleh boon boss? enlighten me laugh.gif
billy_overheat
post May 21 2021, 01:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 21 2021, 09:12 AM)
Fuyyyoooo .... u following this stock?

So what exactly does QES do? What does it manufacture?
* and again, personally, if there's nothing for me to trade, I rather let my money rot in the banks.  puke.gif  *
automated testing equipment - semicon. and question, since there are daigors in the field, vitrox, penta, mi, why pick qes?

my answer, the possible growth but a dangerous one since daigor like penta and mi disappoint the crowd? bruce.gif

so boon gor, any spidy analysis to share?

how's our CA guy doing? gold?
billy_overheat
post May 21 2021, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 21 2021, 01:48 PM)
LOL!!

I have nothing to share... tongue.gif

and are you trying so hard to be sarcastic? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
LOLL!! No ehhh tongue.gif i was interested to read his posts weyyy

If one can fully grasp the idea of the whole cycle of economy, I'd love to hear such great insights eh especially 2020 broke all the textbook definitions.

Plus, i'm too newb in everything hence need to keep on learning.

one trend reversal is confirmed, we should hantam gold right? tongue.gif

user posted image
billy_overheat
post May 21 2021, 02:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 21 2021, 02:43 PM)
Gold is not 'easy' to play.

This was clearly seen last year.

A lot of utter BS posted all over. If you look deep enough, it was very to spot.
Best is keep things simple, do your own research and reasoning,
exactly, the so-called hedging tool was too all-hell-breaks-loose.

by then, all experts and gurus came out to give all kinds of rationales.

ignore the noise, stay to the game of lonewolf. trust no one but stick to the plan. no setup, no buy.

This post has been edited by billy_overheat: May 21 2021, 02:54 PM
billy_overheat
post May 22 2021, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ May 22 2021, 09:52 AM)
anyway joeblow do play around... comparison charts can be done on those charting websites....

they are free... but unfortunately... freebies, got limitations. tongue.gif

turn away for a couple of mins and I am forced to do again...

yea... for comparison charts... the STARTING point means a lot...

look at this... I shorten the comparison time frame... and the horse winner came out different... yes, Nantex really kicked ass. laugh.gif

user posted image
sometimes TV doesn't sync in time hence you're forced to do it again. just click the cloud above to sync it manually biggrin.gif

such comparison chart is tremendously useful to identify the strength of the stock in the same sector rclxm9.gif
billy_overheat
post Jun 4 2021, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(jianwei90 @ Jun 4 2021, 11:59 AM)
bursa market really weird and illogical.. loss making company like genm, genting, airport, airasia are going up when our KLCI index is dropping today..
it's relative. what's logical to you is illogical to the other side of the players, and vice versa. biggrin.gif
billy_overheat
post Jun 4 2021, 12:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ Jun 4 2021, 12:15 PM)
Billy so happy today... must have got new tipsy goreng to share...  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
lol, nopee. nothing to share. have been greatly reducing the positions in this choppy market. like you, letting money rot puke.gif puke.gif
billy_overheat
post Jun 4 2021, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ Jun 4 2021, 12:23 PM)
doh.gif

puke.gif
you ada apa spidy tipsy to share? tongue.gif or any interesting companies to let me go study? bruce.gif
billy_overheat
post Jun 4 2021, 01:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,373 posts

QUOTE(Boon3 @ Jun 4 2021, 12:33 PM)
Got.... Gunung Capital...  laugh.gif
ini gcap kan abang adik with gets? biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

gets

user posted image

user posted image

i havent dug out their reports and check but gunung was hot due to its diversification into renewable energy, isn't it? biggrin.gif hydro and especially solar was hot a few months back with the all the promises.

plus, with contracts awarded from the gov, earning still puke.gif

for those who can earn coffee from this, kudos, I can't. laugh.gif

any other good spidy? bruce.gif

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0748sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:17 AM