Games OVERWATCH, Heroes never die!

views

TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 12 2015, 03:46 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
82 posts

user posted image

Welcome to Overwatch™

Overwatch™ is a team-based shooter where heroes do battle in a world of conflict.

Soldiers. Scientists. Adventurers. Oddities.
In a time of global crisis, an international task force of heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world: Overwatch.
It ended the crisis and helped to maintain peace in the decades that followed, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery. But after many years, Overwatch's influence waned, and it was eventually disbanded.
Overwatch is gone… but the world still needs heroes.
Overwatch features a wide array of unique heroes, ranging from a time-jumping adventurer, to an armored, rocket-hammer-wielding warrior, to a transcendent robot monk. Every hero plays differently, and mastering their abilities is the key to unlocking their potential. No two heroes are the same.

Source

user posted image

Character's trailer

Overwatch Collector's Edition details:

user posted image

THE OVERWATCH COLLECTOR’S EDITION:
The Overwatch Collector’s Edition includes everything in Overwatch: Origins Edition, plus:
•Visual Sourcebook

•Soundtrack

•Soldier: 76 Statue
The Overwatch Collector’s Edition is packed full of goods to enhance your experience, along with all of the in-game bonuses and Origin Skins bundled in Overwatch: Origins Edition.

Overwatch: Collector’s Edition Contents*

PRE-PURCHASE BONUS:
Noire Skin for Widowmaker

21 EXTRAORDINARY HEROES:
Choose your hero from a diverse cast of soldiers, scientists, adventurers, and oddities.

ICONIC ENVIRONMENTS:
Fight on futuristic battlefields around the globe: the cobbled streets of King’s Row in London; the mysterious Temple of Anubis; Numbani, where human and omnic live in harmony, and more…

SOLDIER: 76 STATUE:
Overwatch’s former Strike-Commander stands tall once again—on your desk. This premium-grade statue measures 12.8” in height.

OVERWATCH VISUAL SOURCEBOOK:
Dive into the world of Overwatch with in-depth illustrations and information about the game's heroes, locations, and story.

OVERWATCH SOUNDTRACK:
Enjoy the music of the future with this immersive soundtrack.

5 ORIGIN SKINS:
Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, Strike-Commander Morrison, Blackwatch Reyes, and Slipstream Tracer.

IN-GAME GOODIES:
•TRACER HERO
•BABY WINSTON PET
•OVERWATCH CARD BACK
•MERCY’S WINGS
•PLAYER PORTRAITS (Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76)

*ALL DIGITAL CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE BY LAUNCH
Sauce

See you on the 24th May!

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Sep 20 2017, 09:39 PM
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 12 2015, 03:55 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Lowyats' Overwatch players list:

Let us know your Forum name / PSN name so other players can add you for casual or experience coop.

Lowyat ID / PSN ID
No. Lowyat ID PSN ID Prefered characters (choose 2) Videos
1. calcilis Calcilis Mei, Reinhardt Genji, Torbjorn, Hanzo, Tracer
2. LSimonsayZ Sebas_Sanz x x
3. greyshadow Gr3yshadow_US D.va / x x
4. poodlepaddly Xiao-Yiyi B.Va / Torbjorn Winston, B.Va, Reinhardt
5. dark_heart07 dark_heart07 x Widow
6. terryfu Ychoon x x
7. huruhara huru-hara- Zenyatta . Symmetra Zenyatta
8. Anonymous26 RoSySPATZ Roadhog / Lucio x
9. vNirvana vJiet Mcree / Hanzo Reaper, Mcree
10. Zozi ZoziVora Reaper / Lucio x
11. gamemacho gamemacho x x
12. daydreaming supperdroid Widowmaker / Hanzo x
13. The 1 Coward HikyoumonoMY x x
14. Sole X hxfiy Junkrat / Mei x
15. Xerxethable matoman85 Roadhog / Junkrat Zenyatta
16. monked dannygkw x x
17. etonggg_13 etonggg_13 Reaper / Lucio x
18. kitkat kitkatlow88 Bastion / Reinhardt x
19. Hanford monster27 x x
20. strongtee1982 strongtee1982 x x
21. echothreealpha FlutterPuffs x x
22. Oblivionz nkydoomer x Tracer, D.Va, Pharah, Tracer, Mcree
23. Cw_Huan89 Hxyume Genji / Reinhardt x
24. Seoliem Seoliem x x
25. jkgadget kazzumaru Mei / Junkrat x
26. nkloong08 chrisng08 Junkrat / Lucio x
27. - PastaFreak1993 D.va / TBA x
28. Dominic Toretto Vanchelsea D.Va / Lucio x
29. minipipu mimz9900 x x
30. cyfc29 clemzone x x
31. robzombie79 eriku79 Mercy / Junkrat x
32. arif14arshad arif14arshad x x
33. yukihatsu omnomnomnisaur x x
34. SubRoutine PXLFNK x x
35. kyaz87 KyaZ87 x x

Updated: 30/6/16

Frequent Asked Question (FAQ)

Q. How do I invite friends to join my game?
A. Many players often confuse btw Overwatch party and PSN party. Below is how you add a friend to join your game in Overwatch:
1. Press the PS4 start button
2. Go to "social"
3. Go to your friend name.
4. Click "invite to group" or "request invite to group" (If they are already in their group)
5. To see if you are in a party or otherwise, press Triangle in the social menu screen. You will see yours and friends icon on the top right.
6. Once confirm you are in a party, only then you click join game.
Note Once the step 4 and 6 are completed, you will be able to fight in the same team in the same map.

Q. I joined my friend in Overwatch party, but sometime I still cant hear their voice chat?
A. It is recommended you just create a PS party and invite those players you are playing with. And Choose "priotize party chat" in the PS party menu.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Feb 13 2017, 03:31 PM
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 12 2015, 09:25 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Introducing the Heroes

Widowmaker

Tracer

Reaper

Junkrat and Roadhog

D Va

Bastion

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Apr 14 2016, 11:45 PM
SilverCrimz
post Dec 15 2015, 03:45 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

definitely waiting for this
TSPoodlepaddly
post Jan 22 2016, 12:56 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(SilverCrimz @ Dec 15 2015, 03:45 PM)
definitely waiting for this
Indeed. Seems quite unique. First time hearing blizzard launching a fps title.

At first when watching the trailer we thought its some sort of Pixar new animation movie. Mana tau its a FPS game. The setup is like offence, defence and support role, similar to a MMORPG style but fps driven. With each hero having their own special abilities to change the tide of the PVP match. But you can see some Warcraft features in the character designs. It's hammer time!

I can imagine each match is going to be a different play style depending on what character you chooses.

TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 14 2016, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

All Overwatch trailers to date.

And recent cosplay hype by Tasha (tracer)

user posted image
Portalese
post Apr 15 2016, 03:36 AM

2 posts

I have the Beta invitation for PC/Mac since early this year. Is it coming to PS4?

This is the consolation prize from Blizzard, since they cancelled Project Titan.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 15 2016, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Portalese @ Apr 15 2016, 03:36 AM)
I have the Beta invitation for PC/Mac since early this year. Is it coming to PS4?

This is the consolation prize from Blizzard, since they cancelled Project Titan.
You have open beta invitation since beginning 2016? Nice.

"Want a chance to check out Overwatch™ ahead of its May 24 launch? Form a team of friends and try out the team shooter of tomorrow in the Overwatch Open Beta, coming in early May to PC, PS4™, and Xbox One!
As a newly added bonus, if you pre-purchase or preorder Overwatch for any platform at www.buyoverwatch.com, you'll also get early access to the Open Beta for you and a friend from May 3–4. After that, everyone will have a chance to play free during an all-access Open Beta period from May 5–9."

Sauce

Game releasing on 24th May. But for preorders you can get to join their open beta from 3rd to 9th May. Would reco to just wait for the all-access open beta on 5th May. drool.gif
Portalese
post Apr 15 2016, 01:25 PM

2 posts

I'm already 2nd/3rd batch. The first batchers Blizzard only open to Youtubers and game reviewers. Not sure if my PC/Mac invitation can use here.

I've have been supporting Blizzard for donkey years since Warcraft 1. Been playing every Blizzard games except those early console one like Lost Vikings. Don't like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm though, never like card games and MOBA.
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 15 2016, 01:34 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Portalese @ Apr 15 2016, 01:25 PM)
I'm already 2nd/3rd batch. The first batchers Blizzard only open to Youtubers and game reviewers. Not sure if my PC/Mac invitation can use here.

I've have been supporting Blizzard for donkey years since Warcraft 1. Been playing every Blizzard games except those early console one like Lost Vikings. Don't like Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm though, never like card games and MOBA.
Guess that's too. I have seen the open beta gameplay before since last year July. Ppl in the state and Australia gives pretty good comments about the game. Even some famous cosplayers are playing this game.

This is the first time Blizzard releases a fps under their wings. But so far most of their production has been pretty good, if not, well rated. The trailers, cinematic and demo gameplay staging seems pretty dynamic. Different hero, different skills with different playstyle. Not forgetting the support, tanker and dps role, with each role having different heroes. Not forgetting, tracer is kinda hot wub.gif
Portalese
post Apr 15 2016, 02:15 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Apr 15 2016, 02:34 PM)
Guess that's too. I have seen the open beta gameplay before since last year July. Ppl in the state and Australia gives pretty good comments about the game. Even some famous cosplayers are playing this game.

This is the first time Blizzard releases a fps under their wings. But so far most of their production has been pretty good, if not, well rated. The trailers, cinematic and demo gameplay staging seems pretty dynamic. Different hero, different skills with different playstyle. Not forgetting the support, tanker and dps role, with each role having different heroes. Not forgetting, tracer is kinda hot  wub.gif
Blizzard is a gigantic game studio dedicated to few IPs and milk them hard. They are known to take ages to release a game but so far they deliver top quality among the developers.

For Overwatch, long story is, Blizzard was working with a new Scifi IP called Project Titan for nearly 10 years. It was rumoured to be an FPS RPG hybrid like Destiny. After Activision bought up both Blizzard and Bungie, there was a rumour Activision reviewed both Titan and Destiny and decided to invest in Destiny. So Blizzards scraped up whatever they had been developing for Titan so far and recycled the materials. It was rumoured that Overwatch was supposed to be the PVP aspect of Titan. The Overwatch graphic assets were recycled too, that's why you see futuristic Earth.

That's a lot more if you google up. The above mentioned was only what I remembered.

This post has been edited by Portalese: Apr 15 2016, 02:24 PM
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 25 2016, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(Portalese @ Apr 15 2016, 02:15 PM)
Blizzard is a gigantic game studio dedicated to few IPs and milk them hard. They are known to take ages to release a game but so far they deliver top quality among the developers.

For Overwatch, long story is, Blizzard was working with a new Scifi IP called Project Titan for nearly 10 years. It was rumoured to be an FPS RPG hybrid like Destiny. After Activision bought up both Blizzard and Bungie, there was a rumour Activision reviewed both Titan and Destiny and decided to invest in Destiny. So Blizzards scraped up whatever they had been developing for Titan so far and recycled the materials. It was rumoured that Overwatch was supposed to be the PVP aspect of Titan. The Overwatch graphic assets were recycled too, that's why you see futuristic Earth.

That's a lot more if you google up. The above mentioned was only what I remembered.
Interesting read. I can see battleborn took the strategy to release the beta and game just right before Overwatch. I did tried battleborn beta and its pretty good as well. You rush together with creeps like dota and take strategic stand and choice by choosing all the upgrades that affect all your weapon type/effects. On the other hand, overwatch is purely PVP without npc. It would be interesting to see both fps game release and see the outcome.
askingquestion
post Apr 26 2016, 11:15 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Apr 25 2016, 08:59 AM)
Interesting read. I can see battleborn took the strategy to release the beta and game just right before Overwatch. I did tried battleborn beta and its pretty good as well. You rush together with creeps like dota and take strategic stand and choice by choosing all the upgrades that affect all your weapon type/effects. On the other hand, overwatch is purely PVP without npc. It would be interesting to see both fps game release and see the outcome.
Actually...

When Battleborn announce its releasing on May 3th, Overwatch announce its doing its open beta on May 3.
When Battleborn already have its open beta dated on 19 April (Can't remember the exact day), guess what, suddenly Overwatch announces its having some sort of "stress test" beta test on the same weekend!

Blizzard is definitely not doing anything illegal, but you can see why Battleborn fans are a little miffed with Blizzard. Blizzard is actively trying to stomp out Battleborn, not the other way around.

This post has been edited by askingquestion: Apr 26 2016, 11:18 AM
TSPoodlepaddly
post Apr 27 2016, 08:29 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(askingquestion @ Apr 26 2016, 11:15 AM)
Actually...

When Battleborn announce its releasing on May 3th, Overwatch announce its doing its open beta on May 3.
When Battleborn already have its open beta dated on 19 April (Can't remember the exact day), guess what, suddenly Overwatch announces its having some sort of "stress test" beta test on the same weekend!

Blizzard is definitely not doing anything illegal, but you can see why Battleborn fans are a little miffed with Blizzard. Blizzard is actively trying to stomp out Battleborn, not the other way around.
Ahh I see, Don't have to be a rocket science to figure out what is happening here. haha. Even developers are competitive against one another.

On the other hand, I hope the game would be fun to play casually on a week day. Overwatch looks like a play, close and go sleep kinda of game. Not the grind 1000 hours type. Look forward to trying the beta version also to decide.

askingquestion
post Apr 27 2016, 08:55 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Apr 27 2016, 08:29 AM)
Ahh I see, Don't have to be a rocket science to figure out what is happening here. haha. Even developers are competitive against one another.

On the other hand, I hope the game would be fun to play casually on a week day. Overwatch looks like a play, close and go sleep kinda of game. Not the grind 1000 hours type. Look forward to trying the beta version also to decide.
Overwatch seem to be attracting the competitive community though. You know how Blizzard do their games nowadays, every game they want to make it an e-sport.

Battleborn looks more like a casual dumb fun kinda game.
post Apr 27 2016, 09:03 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

Overwatch is more like TF2 even the mission on the maps are similar. Just ut has heroes ability instead of just lure shooting like TF2 and they all got Ulti.

Been playing it on PC beta version since Feb or Mar. Would said it is a nice game.
wingster
post Apr 27 2016, 10:49 AM

mr.Uiinshiida.
1,418 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Apr 27 2016, 09:03 AM)
Overwatch is more like TF2 even the mission on the maps are similar. Just ut has heroes ability instead of just lure shooting like TF2 and they all got Ulti.

Been playing it on PC beta version since Feb or Mar. Would said it is a nice game.
Its the ping latency stable?
post Apr 27 2016, 10:56 AM

Regular
1,445 posts

QUOTE(wingster @ Apr 27 2016, 10:49 AM)
Its the ping latency stable?
I think earlier in March the latency was bad... But heard that was issue with our beloved TM. And for the 2 weeks ago open beta everything was smooth and it was pretty easy to connect to game which run smooth.

Now since open beta is over, the game are less but connection is still stable.
crash29
post Apr 27 2016, 02:02 PM

28 posts

The game looks awesome. Stumble upon this game because of the "Butt" issue.

Read about it here

Anyone else? Or is it just me?

P/S:Tasha cosplay as Tracer is awesome though
Portalese
post Apr 28 2016, 06:52 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Apr 27 2016, 09:29 AM)

It is play, close, sleep type. Industry analysts already forecasted Blizzard will be making some FOP small scale game while looking for the next chance to milk big (Read : WOW).

42 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0306sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:25 PM