Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taobao Reno Shopping, Share your experience

views

lyc1982
post Jun 23 2020, 04:31 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

for those who have "imported" furniture from taobao china...which 3rd party shipper you used ?

which shipper is reliable and affordable ?

i am planning to use ezbuy...any feedback ?
i tried searching for ezbuy keyword here, last reply was 2017...
ycs
post Jun 23 2020, 04:35 PM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 23 2020, 04:31 PM)
for those who have "imported" furniture from taobao china...which 3rd party shipper you used ?

which shipper is reliable and affordable ?

i am planning to use ezbuy...any feedback ?
i tried searching for ezbuy keyword here, last reply was 2017...
last time i used ezybuy, Prime shipped loads of stuff back, broken stuff claimed refund
lyc1982
post Jun 23 2020, 04:38 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 23 2020, 04:35 PM)
last time i used ezybuy, Prime shipped loads of stuff back, broken stuff claimed refund
thanks for the feedback...

you opted for self collect at their pickup centre ?

was there many broken stuff...like maybe 20% out of the whole shipment ?
ycs
post Jun 23 2020, 04:48 PM

3,956 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 23 2020, 04:38 PM)
thanks for the feedback...

you opted for self collect at their pickup centre ?

was there many broken stuff...like maybe 20% out of the whole shipment ?
small items i collect from them; actually only 2 glass items broken, can claim back

huge furniture, they send; the prime is worth it esp if you can share with relatives to buy
lyc1982
post Jun 23 2020, 05:07 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Jun 23 2020, 04:48 PM)
small items i collect from them; actually only 2 glass items broken, can claim back

huge furniture, they send; the prime is worth it esp if you can share with relatives to buy
planning to get ezbuy-prime shipping membership...

then "import" furniture to fill up whole house...

should save quite a lot of money i think....haha

but i am located in EM, so will need to pay a bit more for door-to-door delivery
Silfer
post Jun 24 2020, 08:59 AM

Enthusiast
971 posts

what's the difference between u buy directly from taobao or buy from ezbuy?
lyc1982
post Jun 24 2020, 09:40 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(Silfer @ Jun 24 2020, 08:59 AM)
what's the difference between u buy directly from taobao or buy from ezbuy?
ezbuy has 2 options:
buy-for-me (one time payment from purchase till delivery)

ship-for-me (purchase in taobao, ezbuy ships for you)

you can read the details on ezbuy website
lullerskatez
post Jun 24 2020, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

never ever use EZBuy. I started using them before they rebranded into EZBuy and they were good then. Right after they became EZBuy, service quality tanked. It takes forever for them to respond back to your queries. Even if you go to their warehouse they will not meet you. Refunds take forever. Customer Service team is a bunch of sheep who wont bother take your matters seriously. Do yourselves a favour and avoid it like the plague.

Many services like Boxku are way better than EZBuy. Please do some research. Save yourselves the headache
lyc1982
post Jun 24 2020, 05:23 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(lullerskatez @ Jun 24 2020, 03:48 PM)
never ever use EZBuy. I started using them before they rebranded into EZBuy and they were good then. Right after they became EZBuy, service quality tanked. It takes forever for them to respond back to your queries. Even if you go to their warehouse they will not meet you. Refunds take forever. Customer Service team is a bunch of sheep who wont bother take your matters seriously. Do yourselves a favour and avoid it like the plague.

Many services like Boxku are way better than EZBuy. Please do some research. Save yourselves the headache
wow...good to know

and this is recently ?
lullerskatez
post Jun 24 2020, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 24 2020, 05:23 PM)
wow...good to know

and this is recently ?
I stopped using EZBuy about 2 years ago. Never turned back. I even have RM400 credit with them but don't even bother to use.
onlysam
post Jul 23 2020, 11:41 PM

46 posts

anyone bought leather sofa from taobao before? Which shop was it and whats the quality?
lyc1982
post Aug 6 2020, 10:50 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(lullerskatez @ Jun 24 2020, 05:29 PM)
I stopped using EZBuy about 2 years ago. Never turned back. I even have RM400 credit with them but don't even bother to use.
any recommendations for reliable and affordable 3rd party shipper ?
lullerskatez
post Aug 6 2020, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Aug 6 2020, 10:50 AM)
any recommendations for reliable and affordable 3rd party shipper ?
Im using Boxku. Rates slightly higher but they are very responsive and helpful.
adamw
post Aug 6 2020, 12:26 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(lullerskatez @ Aug 6 2020, 11:41 AM)
Im using Boxku. Rates slightly higher but they are very responsive and helpful.
Extremely high, includes insurance?
cyra
post Oct 28 2023, 02:46 PM

10 posts

Anyone made any purchases for reno in last couple years?
I plan to buy stuff for major home reno.. among things in plan:
Tiles
Folding doors
Windows
Kitchen stuff
Toilet stuff

I have read through the thread and it seems that some even bought lights! I thought that lighting store in puchong already cheap enough.. more value buy from taobao is it? Haven't do any recent lighting survey yet.. will surely do after this.. am so excited! Nervous also.. because my past purchases never bought glasses or mirrors.. scared if got pecah

Minolta
post Oct 28 2023, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,276 posts

QUOTE(cyra @ Oct 28 2023, 02:46 PM)
Tiles
Folding doors
Windows
Kitchen stuff
Toilet stuff

I have read through the thread and it seems that some even bought lights! I thought that lighting store in puchong already cheap enough.. more value buy from taobao is it? Haven't do any recent lighting survey yet.. will surely do after this.. am so excited! Nervous also.. because my past purchases never bought glasses or mirrors.. scared if got pecah
1. Kohler is cheap, almost 1/2 price. But fakes are common.
2. Grohe can be about 20% cheaper, but also beware of fakes.
3. Copycat designer furniture/fixtures are abundant.
4. China designs are a lot more "modern" than what most local shops carry, especially light fixtures.
5. Toilets are a steal from China. So many brands, designs, colours. But official Taobao logistics don't transport porcelain.

adamw
post Oct 31 2023, 11:36 AM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Oct 28 2023, 09:27 PM)
4. China designs are a lot more "modern" than what most local shops carry, especially light fixtures.
5. Toilets are a steal from China. So many brands, designs, colours. But official Taobao logistics don't transport porcelain.
Are those Toto toilets for real? So damn cheap until I dare not buy brows.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
thinkgoodpositive
post Oct 31 2023, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(cyra @ Oct 28 2023, 02:46 PM)
Tiles
Folding doors
Windows
Kitchen stuff
Toilet stuff

Yes, I bought recently or last few months...
Lights, bathroom stuffs including bidet, tap, hose, sink, mirror, etc. Just need to ask the seller or the logistics there to pack accordingly and add protection if required with extra charges.
Last 2 weeks there are big jump on the shipping fees, so you need to pay more for the shipping fees now.

If you go survey at Puchong lighting shop, you will find most of them selling china products also with markup price. So you may go and compare before buying from TB or Shops.
But take note also the risk of buying lights/electric appliances directly from TB....For downlights, I bought Philips online from Shoppee because of SIRIM cert.
For fancy lights, I bought from TB. Just ask the seller whether support Malaysia plug/wiring/voltage, i.e, 3 pin UK plug, 240V, 50Hz power supply.

cyra
post Nov 1 2023, 09:49 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Oct 28 2023, 09:27 PM)
thanks for the reply!

i actually don't plan to get the branded ones. example for the toilet bowl, this kind also seems ok to me, but since i am not an expert in home renovation, not sure what are the things i should lookout for when purchasing these stuff

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d....id=542681087224

i agreed.. china designs look sooo nice, though can find similar ones in shopee... but no confident in the reviews.. i trust taobao's review even more lol

currently already ordered some samples for tiles.. not sure laa really worth or not, because i heard there are many kind of tiles... but will just see how laa once the samples arrived
cyra
post Nov 1 2023, 09:54 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(thinkgoodpositive @ Oct 31 2023, 12:38 PM)
Yes, I bought recently or last few months...
Lights, bathroom stuffs including bidet, tap, hose, sink, mirror, etc. Just need to ask the seller or the logistics there to pack accordingly and add protection if required with extra charges.
Last 2 weeks there are big jump on the shipping fees, so you need to pay more for the shipping fees now.

If you go survey at Puchong lighting shop, you will find most of them selling china products also with markup price. So you may go and compare before buying from TB or Shops.
But take note also the risk of buying lights/electric appliances directly from TB....For downlights, I bought Philips online from Shoppee because of SIRIM cert.
For fancy lights, I bought from TB. Just ask the seller whether support Malaysia plug/wiring/voltage, i.e, 3 pin UK plug, 240V, 50Hz power supply.
i plan to go to the big home expo in mid nov also and see if can compare prices from there... hoping to learn about different kind of item's quality as well. waahh so pening already looking at the many variations in taobao

sink also got many kind of thickness.. so many things need to learn ... i headache already.. but what to do.. want nice2 things.. but low2 budget sweat.gif

if you don;t mind. can you share the links of items that you purchased? especially the toilet bowl and sink.. thanks!

42 Pages « < 40 41 42Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0424sec    0.18    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 PM