Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official Manga Recommendation Thread, Post your recommendation request here! (Manga)

led_zep_freak
post Jan 11 2007, 10:58 AM
Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Dr.Slump thumbup.gif Still a classic. laugh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Klesk
post Jan 11 2007, 05:57 PM

QUOTE(apek @ Jan 11 2007, 03:53 AM)
yep..he's one of the best..you should check out his artbook..the title is BLAME! and so on..
yeap.. i've seen the book at kino kuniya. tempted to buy heh... but the scanlation is on the net

+Quote Post
budakseven
post Jan 11 2007, 09:59 PM
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Hangmen @ Jan 10 2007, 11:29 PM)
While I personally think the rest of your list are failures, this one is good choice right thur.
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

What about kotaro makari tooru, the flame of recca and MAR. oh, and another one hard to find, Guyver.
+Quote Post
Depthcharge101
post Jan 11 2007, 10:18 PM

I watched monster, it was decent but definitely way overated, many ppl think it's godly and super good.

Must read manga-
Rurouni Kenshin, classic, shounen action, nice action, nice story, nice characters.
Death note- Intellect fighting gogo.
If you can get hold of, which is hard cuz it's not licensed by taiwan, so can't find them in chinese, and english/chinese fansub isn't chinese, elfen lied.
Chrno Crusade also not bad I heard.
+Quote Post
infested_ysy
post Jun 4 2007, 11:43 PM
Look at all my stars!!

and maybe bored people could pick up a manga based on another person's recommendation, because god knows how many great animu/mango there are out there, that many people ignored its existance, just because they aren't mainstream enough. Just type out a small description (no copy pasta, srsly), and drop a link, so that everyone could check it out.

user posted image

Unbalance x2 starts out as a bland ecchi comedy, what with a dumb protagonist who has poo poo for brains, the HUEG boob'd teacher, stupid ecchi coincidences (main character mistakes teacher as cousin, groped her, went into the said teacher after going into the wrong toilet, etc). But starting from late 20's chapter onwards, it suddenly became awesome for the sudden plot twists, and characters with fiendishly evil personalities. Anyway, I'm not really good at describing stuffs, but this manga is really some awesome sauce, if you don't mind the earlier few chapters. Also, unlike many other romance-comedy series out there, this mango actually have a plot and serious romance shit going on.

get it here:
ttp://www.k-manga.net/index.php?k=download
(in before mods remove it, illegal, bad for LYN, policy, etc.)

Not enough to convince you (or if you've downloaded it, think that the manga's too generic?)? Here, take a look at what happens later on, at chapter 34 (not really plot related spoilers, but really awesome):

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

^ Seriously, if that's not awesome and MANLY, I don't know what is.

This post has been edited by infested_ysy: Jun 4 2007, 11:46 PM
+Quote Post
SailorMercury
post Jun 5 2007, 01:19 AM
Touhou Master

my turn

user posted image
copy pasta from anidb

Based on the seinen manga by Watashiya Kaworu, serialised in Comic High!. NOT related to the other Kodomo no Jikan by Goto Akira!

It`s the cute ones you`ve gotta watch out for...

23-year old school teacher Aoki Daisuke has a huge problem. One of his precocious 3rd Grade students, Kokonoe Rin, has the hots for him?! Yes, mischievous Rin has proclaimed herself to be Daisuke-sensei`s girlfriend and is now on a warpath to win him over or cause him to lose his job...whichever comes first!
Besides Rin, Daisuke`s got other problems to take care of -- one of the students in his class, Mimi (one of Rin`s friends), hasn`t been attending school recently.

DL : http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1930

infested = big boobs
me = loli

This post has been edited by SailorMercury: Jun 5 2007, 01:21 AM
+Quote Post
Hangmen
post Jun 5 2007, 03:04 AM
EXAM System On!

Somebody called for an exterminator?

user posted image
Rabuyan
Google keyword: Izumo no Ryuu

Rabuyan, a love angel with a 100% success rate tries to help the pathetic lovelife of Kazufusa, a 20-something year old lolicon and a failure in life who has a secret love for an 11 year old girl. Need I explain any further on what to expect?

If you like Ultimate Hentai Kamen (also found on the same page) or really batsh1t insane humor, I would highly recommend this manga.

user posted image
Doujin Work/Dojin Work (whichever)
Google keyword: Blahsoft

A 4koma comedy manga by Hiroyuki, whom FSN fans might recognize from his infamous doujin Platonic Magician H. The manga focuses on two aspiring doujin artist: Osana Najimi, who is new to the scene and Tsuyuri who, despite her innocent appearance, is already a seasoned artist in the doujin scene producing largely sadistic fetishist doujins.

Oh, and did I forgot to mention that Tsuyuri is :3

Sadly, only three chapters have been released so far. The translator for the group is currently homeless (LOL, I dunno happened to him) and won't be able to do much unless he has the money. I heard from the group's forum that someone from Germany is offering him a place to stay.

It has recently been turned into an anime and should be aired by next month. This seems to be a good year for animes based on 4komas.
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5071

+Quote Post
infested_ysy
post Jun 5 2007, 08:21 AM
Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(SailorMercury @ Jun 5 2007, 01:19 AM)
infested = big boobs
me = loli
Actually, no. I roll both ways. Vitachan! VITACHAN!
+Quote Post
Hangmen
post Jun 5 2007, 10:19 AM
EXAM System On!

QUOTE(infested_ysy @ Jun 5 2007, 08:21 AM)
Actually, no. I roll both ways. Vitachan! VITACHAN!
Now that you mention it, here's a comparison between loli Viaggatore and healthy Viaggatore.

user posted image
+Quote Post
Darqfyre
post Jun 5 2007, 10:49 AM
Getting Started

I'm only reading mainstream stuff nothing special to recommend. However, I was recommended to read a one shot manga called Hotel.

It's about an AI designed to store all the DNA in the world and built into a building in the North Pole. Don't want to spoil further but I found it an interesting read.
+Quote Post
igor_is300
post Jun 5 2007, 10:52 AM
Cheesy & Corny

QUOTE(infested_ysy @ Jun 4 2007, 11:43 PM)
and maybe bored people could pick up a manga based on another person's recommendation, because god knows how many great animu/mango there are out there, that many people ignored its existance, just because they aren't mainstream enough. Just type out a small description (no copy pasta, srsly), and drop a link, so that everyone could check it out.

user posted image

Unbalance x2 starts out as a bland ecchi comedy, what with a dumb protagonist who has poo poo for brains, the HUEG boob'd teacher, stupid ecchi coincidences (main character mistakes teacher as cousin, groped her, went into the said teacher after going into the wrong toilet, etc). But starting from late 20's chapter onwards, it suddenly became awesome for the sudden plot twists, and characters with fiendishly evil personalities. Anyway, I'm not really good at describing stuffs, but this manga is really some awesome sauce, if you don't mind the earlier few chapters. Also, unlike many other romance-comedy series out there, this mango actually have a plot and serious romance shit going on.

get it here:
ttp://www.k-manga.net/index.php?k=download
(in before mods remove it, illegal, bad for LYN, policy, etc.)

Not enough to convince you (or if you've downloaded it, think that the manga's too generic?)? Here, take a look at what happens later on, at chapter 34 (not really plot related spoilers, but really awesome):

Actually I already made a dedicated thread for this manwha(kimchi cat eating korean equivalent of manga)but it went *poof* probably because it was not well received by typical nartuo/bleach/mecha/nameanyhayaomiyazaki -tards.

Instead, I made a similar post in my blog till some peeps from england and holland came say 'hi' and drop by to appreciate the boob works, lulz.

QUOTE(Hangmen @ Jun 5 2007, 03:04 AM)
Somebody called for an exterminator?

user posted image
Rabuyan
Google keyword: Izumo no Ryuu

Rabuyan, a love angel with a 100% success rate tries to help the pathetic lovelife of Kazufusa, a 20-something year old lolicon and a failure in life who has a secret love for an 11 year old girl. Need I explain any further on what to expect?

If you like Ultimate Hentai Kamen (also found on the same page) or really batsh1t insane humor, I would highly recommend this manga.

user posted image
Doujin Work/Dojin Work (whichever)
Google keyword: Blahsoft

A 4koma comedy manga by Hiroyuki, whom FSN fans might recognize from his infamous doujin Platonic Magician H. The manga focuses on two aspiring doujin artist: Osana Najimi, who is new to the scene and Tsuyuri who, despite her innocent appearance, is already a seasoned artist in the doujin scene producing largely sadistic fetishist doujins.

Oh, and did I forgot to mention that Tsuyuri is :3

Sadly, only three chapters have been released so far. The translator for the group is currently homeless (LOL, I dunno happened to him) and won't be able to do much unless he has the money. I heard from the group's forum that someone from Germany is offering him a place to stay.

It has recently been turned into an anime and should be aired by next month. This seems to be a good year for animes based on 4komas.
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5071
Yeah, I am waiting(seems like forever, lol) for Doujin work scanlation too. Indeed a superior content.
+Quote Post
linkinstreet
post Jun 5 2007, 10:54 AM
Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
Anime Shrine
Group: Moderator

Recommended from me
- Yotsubato!
- Yume de Aetara
- Haru yo Koi
- Kekkaishi
- Lucky Star
- Vagabond
- Mx0
- AiKora (Love Collage)
+Quote Post
Iskandar Zulkarnain
post Jun 5 2007, 11:06 AM
The Enlightened One

Having much more free time then usual, I shall now recommend a few mangas that may or may not pique your interest.

Title:
オレたま
Oretama

user posted image

The month of July, 20XX has come, and the world is coming to an end. As prophesied Emanniel, The Queen of Terror will swoop down from the heavens and lay waste to humanity.

In a desperate move an angel was sent down with the intention of sealing her inside a holy stone. He had succeeded.

Well, technically. You see, by a freak chain of events, 19 year old Satou Kohta had become deeply involved in this divine event. Very deeply, for he had the Queen of Terror sealed inside his BALLS.

Yes, you read right, his balls. The fate of the world hangs on his BALLS.

Kohta is then left with a grave warning - "Ejaculate within 30 days, and the world ends"

The old saying "Every time you masturbate, god kills a kitten" comes to mind, albeit this time being a one time deal... with much greater consequences.

In the ultimate endurance test, Kohta now has to abstain for 30 days. Not a big deal right? Elyssie the lesser devil, and Irene the succubus says otherwise.

Will Kohta be able to endure? I know I didn't.

Get it from http://straysscans.devserver.org/ and #strays@irc.irchighway.net

More updates to come.

Added on June 5, 2007, 11:36 amTitle:

ユリア100式
Yuria Hyaku Shiki
Yuria Type 100

user posted image

Dr Akiba, a man of science, has a dream. A dream that any man of significant intellect would have. One day, he has attained that dream. After many years of toil, he has created the humanoid pinnacle of modern science.

Arise, Yuria Hyaku Shiki. The ultimate dutch wife.

Yes, Yuria Type 100 was created for that one purpose. Unfortunately, she does not think kindly of this, and runs away into the wilderness of a the world. Barely hours had passed when she was rescued by Kubo Shunsuke from being raped by stray dog (don't ask >_>)

With nowhere else to go, she is taken into his household. There, she fights a continous battle against her inert programming. You see, every fibre of her being wants to get boned. Yet, also having free will she fervently wishes to deny the will of her creator.

Did I also mention that when a phallus is JAMMED into her, it becomes an imprinting that causes her to forever be bound to the owner?

Good luck Yuria. Good luck Shunsuke.

Get it from #solaris-svu@irc.irchighway.net

This post has been edited by Iskandar Zulkarnain: Jun 5 2007, 11:39 AM
+Quote Post
Fyonne
post Jun 5 2007, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast
Group Icon
Anime Shrine
Group: VIP

Something to recomend that noone in here will really enjoy.

user posted image
Title : 素晴らしい世界 (japanese)
Subarashii Sekai (romanize)
What a Wonderful World (english)

It a single story per chapter but most all chapter are related in a way. The story it bout a modern world and the life of people living in it. But thing can be so hard that im out of word how to describe it other than reading it by urself. Consist slight mind blasting. It really interesting manga, that i urge u guy to read it. neway for mature (young adult) reader only (its seinen manga neway).

get it from here: http://kotonoha.monkey-pirate.com/

n neone has same genre of this type of manga, do let me know. im looking for this kind of manga.
+Quote Post
Aoshi_88
post Jun 5 2007, 12:56 PM
Talking isn't difficult. Speaking is.

Highschool of the Dead

user posted image

If you've watched Land of The Dead, you'd surely be familiar with this manga as it is somewhat similar to the story with a difference in culture and characters.

In this case, you have the usual Japanese-men-reading-manga style of some ecchi scenes involved as the students of the highschool fight against zombies.

Comes with pantsu, naked bodies and otaku firing guns. Does not come with tissues however.

Total chapters so far: 9

Get from: http://xamayon.org
+Quote Post
Iskandar Zulkarnain
post Jun 5 2007, 01:37 PM
The Enlightened One

Title:

To Love
To LOVEる -とらぶる-
To-LOVE-Ru
Tora
Toraburu

user posted image

Meet Yuuki Rito. Your normal highschool fellow. He has a crush on Sairenji Haruna.

Meet Sairenji Haruna. Your normal highschool girl. She has a crush on Yuuki Rito.

They both have trouble confessing to each other. They are also oblivious to each other's feelings.

Many things happened.
user posted imageuser posted image

All is well.

Then came Lala Deviluke.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

She in an alien. And a princess. And wishes to marry Rito.

She is also heir apparent to the Devilluke kingdom.

Many people tries to kill Rito.

user posted image

Including Golden Darkness, an Eve lookalike.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

As some of the more perceptive of you may have realised by now, this is drawn by Yabuki Kentaro of Black Cat.

FUN. Need I say more?

Get it at #lurk@irc.irchighway.net
+Quote Post
Aoshi_88
post Jun 5 2007, 03:27 PM
Talking isn't difficult. Speaking is.

I see that most read mild to heavy ecchi/hentai. Loli too. Coincidence?
+Quote Post
Darqfyre
post Jun 5 2007, 03:35 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(Aoshi_88 @ Jun 5 2007, 03:27 PM)
I see that most read mild to heavy ecchi/hentai. Loli too. Coincidence?
What you say!? They set us up the bomb?!
+Quote Post
yitjuan
post Jun 6 2007, 01:58 AM
arc reactor

QUOTE(Fyonne @ Jun 5 2007, 11:38 AM)
Something to recomend that noone in here will really enjoy.

user posted image
Title : 素晴らしい世界 (japanese)
        Subarashii Sekai (romanize)
        What a Wonderful World (english)

It a single story per chapter but most all chapter are related in a way. The story it bout a modern world and the life of people living in it. But thing can be so hard that im out of word how to describe it other than reading it by urself. Consist slight mind blasting. It really interesting manga, that i urge u guy to read it. neway for mature (young adult) reader only (its seinen manga neway).

get it from here: http://kotonoha.monkey-pirate.com/

n neone has same genre of this type of manga, do let me know. im looking for this kind of manga.
i would like to second this.

another compilation of short stories , which i found to be very good is

Mohiro Kitoh - Short Stories - Zansho

i think u can find it from the same place , and try to get chapter 7 elsewhere.

most of Mohiro Kitoh's work is dark and gloomy and depressing (multiple death count) but this work is surprisingly refreshing and nice. uplifting , so to speak.

i've also been recommended 愛人 (Ai-ren) by Tanaka Yutaka , if anyone can direct me to a link i would be very happy. assuming it hasn't been serialized by USA tards.
+Quote Post
Fyonne
post Jun 6 2007, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast
Group Icon
Anime Shrine
Group: VIP

finally, someone who doesnt read only loli manga n read seinen manga for the story content n not the nudity in it. biggrin.gif

Mohiro Kitoh -short stories- Zansho is somehow a lil brighter than most of his other work. or its wat i think after readin some of his manga.

--------------------------
another to recommend that no one really read

user posted image
Title : 夕凪の街 桜の国 (japanese)
YŻnagi no machi; Sakura no kuni (romanize)
The Town of Evening Calm; The Country of Cherry Blossoms (english)

This manga is bout a life of a people after the event of atomic bomb years after. a people who live thier life but slowly being weaken from the effect of the atomic radiation exposure that slowly kill them. A truely masterpiece. which IIRC, this manga has won an award.

get it from : http://kotonoha.monkey-pirate.com/ , or better, just get every manga that this group translate. i love almost all of their stuff they did.
+Quote Post

27 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1677sec    2.76    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 07:54 PM