1000m = 1KM... Tomatos, Tomatoes.
1 Megabyte is equal to 8 Megabits. Please broaden your knowledge
voncrane
post Jan 22 2017, 11:43 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(kroul2 @ Jan 22 2017, 08:57 PM)
1 Megabyte is equal to 8 Megabits. Please broaden your knowledge
Oh, someone knows how to regurgitate. Come, have a seat and let me educate you...

While the megabit is widely used when referring to data transfer rates of computer networks or telecommunications systems. Network transfer rates and download speeds often use the megabit as the amount transferred per time unit, e.g., a 100 Mbit/s (megabit per second) Fast-Ethernet connection, or a 10 Mbit/s Internet access service, the sizes of data units (files) transferred over these networks are often measured in megabytes. To achieve a transfer rate of one megabyte per second one needs a network connection with a transfer rate of eight megabits per second. For every byte that is transferred, additional bits are used.

But most broadband providers tend to prefer to quote Megabits for their speeds, not least because it’s more familiar and attractive from an advertising perspective. For example, some people might think that 1MBps is slower than 8Mbps, even though they’re effectively the same, and advertisers do so love bigger numbers. So the importance of that little ‘b’ and big ‘B’ is not to be overlooked. Now, while I’ve got you here, the same also applies between Gigabits and GigaBytes (i.e. 8 Gigabits = 1 GigaByte (GB)). But take note that transfer speeds/data sizes aren’t all based around an eight times difference, indeed it’s worth keeping in mind that around 1000 Megabits per second is equal to 1Gbps (Gigabit). But that’s another story and I don’t want to confuse matters.

TLDR: So once again, Megabits and MegaBytes or Gigabits and Gigabytes... Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto.. So give it a rest will ya.. And if for some reason, this flies above?? See my previous post.. icon_rolleyes.gif
kroul2
post Jan 23 2017, 02:47 PM

«DᴀyDRᴇᴀᴍ»
1,257 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 22 2017, 11:43 PM)
Oh, someone knows how to regurgitate. Come, have a seat and let me educate you...

While the megabit is widely used when referring to data transfer rates of computer networks or telecommunications systems. Network transfer rates and download speeds often use the megabit as the amount transferred per time unit, e.g., a 100 Mbit/s (megabit per second) Fast-Ethernet connection, or a 10 Mbit/s Internet access service, the sizes of data units (files) transferred over these networks are often measured in megabytes. To achieve a transfer rate of one megabyte per second one needs a network connection with a transfer rate of eight megabits per second. For every byte that is transferred, additional bits are used.

But most broadband providers tend to prefer to quote Megabits for their speeds, not least because it’s more familiar and attractive from an advertising perspective. For example, some people might think that 1MBps is slower than 8Mbps, even though they’re effectively the same, and advertisers do so love bigger numbers. So the importance of that little ‘b’ and big ‘B’ is not to be overlooked. Now, while I’ve got you here, the same also applies between Gigabits and GigaBytes (i.e. 8 Gigabits = 1 GigaByte (GB)). But take note that transfer speeds/data sizes aren’t all based around an eight times difference, indeed it’s worth keeping in mind that around 1000 Megabits per second is equal to 1Gbps (Gigabit). But that’s another story and I don’t want to confuse matters.

TLDR: So once again, Megabits and MegaBytes or Gigabits and Gigabytes... Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto.. So give it a rest will ya.. And if for some reason, this flies above?? See my previous post.. icon_rolleyes.gif
Well, you mentioned 1,000m and 1km. Both are still using the same unit, which is meter.
But for MBps and Mbps is another thing. Another unit. Yes you're correct about the facts, but saying 1,000 m and 1km like 1MBps and 8Mbps is wrong
khengyi82
post Jan 30 2017, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

in the plan I see got burung hantu and late night internet, which 1 I should choose ?
Anime in HD
post Jan 30 2017, 04:23 PM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Jan 30 2017, 02:13 PM)
in the plan I see got burung hantu and late night internet, which 1 I should choose ?
Same only. But late night become 20GB@RM7/week.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
khengyi82
post Jan 30 2017, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

QUOTE(Anime in HD @ Jan 30 2017, 04:23 PM)
Same only. But late night become 20GB@RM7/week.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Anime in HD
post Jan 31 2017, 11:39 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(khengyi82 @ Jan 30 2017, 07:15 PM)
20GB is late night?
CNY promo biggrin.gif
From 10GB to 20GB drool.gif rclxm9.gif

PLUS. Ramai balik kampung 4G boleh la cecah speed 30Mbps biggrin.gif laugh.gif

50 Pages « < 48 49 50Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:21 AM