Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

need advice on having baby., mostly about item

views

talexeh
post Jul 26 2015, 06:30 PM

One man's meat is another man's poison.
2,965 posts

QUOTE(edge85 @ Jul 26 2015, 12:44 AM)
Hi. regarding point number two. if mother sleep with baby, possible that the baby suffocate and die in case. mom turns around in her sleep?
Yes, the possibility is there. As with all accidents, anything can happen & parents will need to ensure very best that such incidents don't occur.

At the end of the day, it depends on the parents themselves to do what they're comfortable with. smile.gif
joylay83
post Jul 27 2015, 07:38 AM

Enthusiast
854 posts

aeon member day this tuesday. i heard there is RM10 voucher for RM100 spending.. that's 10% discount for drypers tongue.gif going to check it out this tue.
agape_ian
post Jul 28 2015, 12:36 PM

Casual
468 posts

To bring to Hospital

For Baby
1. Newborn diapers
2. 1-2 swaddle
3. 1-2 set of clothing
4. 1-2 set of mittens and socks
5. 1 baby towel
6. Breast pump (optional if plan for breastfeed)
7. Baby car seat (optional since mother always carry the baby)
8. Sanitizer (optional)
9. Wet tissue & Baby wipes (optional)

For Mother
1. 1-2 sets of clothing (depending number of nights at hospital)
2. Towel (optional if plan to shower)
3. Hair dryer (optional if plan for hair wash)
4. Slippers
5. 1-2 set of socks
6. Menstrual pads
7. Cosmetic (optional for grooming)
8. Hair band (optional)
9. Water bottle
10. Phone Charger/Power Bank
11. Toothbrush & Toothpaste & other toiletries

For Father
1. Coins for vending machine (optional)
2. Blanket (optional if plan to stay overnight)
3. 1 set of clothing & underwear (optional if plan to stay overnight)
4. Toothbrush & Toothpaste (optional if plan to stay overnight)
5. Towel (optional if plan to stay overnight)
6. Phone Charger/Power Bank
7. Cash & Credit Card for deposit & payment!

To standby at Home

1. Newborn diapers
2. Wet tissue & Baby wipes
3. Baby cot
4. Changing mat
5. Baby bath, lotion, rash cream, powder, etc
6. Baby bath tub
7. Baby clothings, mittens, socks, swaddle, hoods, towel, etc
8. Feeding bottles
9. Breast pump (optional if plan for breastfeed)
10. Storage bottles & bags (optional if plan for breastfeed)
11. Sterilizer (optional)
12. Liquid cleanser for bottles
13. Antibacterial Liquid Wash for clothings

Lastly, Happy Parenting!!!
shereen82
post Jul 28 2015, 08:02 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

congtraz!! and thanks for the post.. i will notice down
blah2blah
post Jul 28 2015, 10:16 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

Congrats for you. Well I am on my first week parenthood LOL. So I might want to input some for you from my few day experience.

1) If breastfeed then is the best, should invest in a good pump and keep some container for storage.

2) If no breastmilk to produce then try to get some sample or buy just a small box of infant milk to test if is suitable for your baby.

That's all for now LOL
TSda drummer
post Jul 28 2015, 10:25 PM

:)
808 posts

QUOTE(andrewcha @ Jul 28 2015, 10:16 PM)
Congrats for you. Well I am on my first week parenthood LOL. So I might want to input some for you from my few day experience.

1) If breastfeed then is the best, should invest in a good pump and keep some container for storage.

2) If no breastmilk to produce then try to get some sample or buy just a small box of infant milk to test if is suitable for your baby.

That's all for now LOL
congrtazz to u too bro rclxms.gif

keep on update eh wink.gif
blah2blah
post Jul 28 2015, 10:37 PM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(da drummer @ Jul 28 2015, 11:25 PM)
congrtazz to u too bro  rclxms.gif

keep on update eh  wink.gif
list :
1.stroller
2.baby seat@car seat
3.baby bed
4.newborn diaper
5.baby cloth
6.mittens
7.Baby towel
8.Blanket
9.Netting
10.Rubber matt
11.TYT oil
12. milk bottle(stainless steel or glass ones, avoid plastic)
13 Mosquito net
14 baby lotion, rash cream, baby oil
15 maternity pads for ur wife
16 baby bath tub
17 socks and hoods
18 cotton diaper, for daytime usage(disposable ones R expensive, only for nite time)
20. Breastpump
21. Baby milk bottles
22. Spare some emergency funds
23.sterilizer for milk bottle

If budget constraint those that I slash I believe you're not using that atm until baby is about 1 year old. So can save some from there. For the last one #23, pakai je air panas rendam your bottle there consider sterilize already one. Cheap way la. If your wife can breastfeed the first breastfeed is most crucial as those yellowish/whitish liquid is the best for baby's antibody
svage98
post Jul 30 2015, 11:43 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(braindeath @ Jun 30 2015, 08:21 AM)
Owh, sorry on the car seat part, but delaying on the stroller would be good choice

But as for me, even when my baby was 1month, she still wasnt really strong enough to sit on the car seat, what i did was i asked my wife to sit at the back and drive real slow  sweat.gif  i know still it wasnt safe but that was the only way, before your baby strong enough to actually sit on it....
Get car seat which is suitable for newborns...dont understand your reasoning not using car baby car seat coz your baby not strong enough. Car seat for newborns have those that suitable for baby to lie on their back.
Ramjade
post Jul 31 2015, 09:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,156 posts

Fish Oil for baby's developing brain.
TSda drummer
post Aug 3 2015, 09:00 AM

:)
808 posts

yesterday i round2 seremban 2 to find baby shop...find three...actually i was looking for breast pump...

spectra m1 with poker...rm509
sterilizer n warmer autumnz rm175....ok or not eh?
ukoria
post Aug 3 2015, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
99 posts

dont forget ur wife also need your health to restore her energy & nutrition. After pregnant , need a boost of nutrition to get make her restore.

Like supplement , and ,post-natal care 。the traditional one is a lot of chinese herb , but I can i introduce you a special , ALL in one. easy for u and ur wife.

hanishoney
post Aug 11 2015, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(svage98 @ Jul 30 2015, 11:43 PM)
Get car seat which is suitable for newborns...dont understand your reasoning not using car baby car seat coz your baby not strong enough. Car seat for newborns have those that suitable for baby to lie on their back.
I totally agree with this. A carseat that suits a newborn is already designed FOR a newborn. If someone bang you while your wife holding the baby, trust me, the baby is not strong enough for that!!! The carseat will protect the baby. Read the carseat manual, and make sure you're using it correctly for the newborn. Especially with convertible carseats, the method to use it is different for newborn, for baby with head control and for front-facing. Don't get it wrong because we're talking about saving your baby's life here!!

To me, the one you can wait to buy is breastpump and bottles. Establish good direct breastfeeding first, then about a month before going back to work only start pumping and feeding bottle. No point buying breastpump, then find out breastfeeding not working out, then wasted the pump already.
cc980024
post Aug 11 2015, 10:49 AM

Casual
492 posts

My baby 1st ride on the car was in a baby basket where he can lie flat. And that basket can be buckle by seat belt. Hardly found selling in the shop now as the demand is low due to many parents see it not worth investing, as that basket only fit for baby till 2-months old.

TS, not forgetting what your wife intend to wear during her confinement. Sarong? Not many women in this generation knows how to wear sarong.. tongue.gif She can opt for long pants.
hanishoney
post Aug 12 2015, 11:48 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Aug 11 2015, 10:49 AM)
My baby 1st ride on the car was in a baby basket where he can lie flat. And that basket can be buckle by seat belt. Hardly found selling in the shop now as the demand is low due to many parents see it not worth investing, as that basket only fit for baby till 2-months old.

TS, not forgetting what your wife intend to wear during her confinement. Sarong? Not many women in this generation knows how to wear sarong.. tongue.gif  She can opt for long pants.
They have actually determined that baby lying down flat is not as safe as the current carseats. Technology and research, people who put their entire life studying car crashes have determined that rear-facing your baby at a 45 degree angle is the safest position for your baby in a car accident. Hardly found selling basket for cars because they have proven to be not as safe as modern carseats.
cc980024
post Aug 13 2015, 12:06 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(hanishoney @ Aug 12 2015, 11:48 AM)
They have actually determined that baby lying down flat is not as safe as the current carseats. Technology and research, people who put their entire life studying car crashes have determined that rear-facing your baby at a 45 degree angle is the safest position for your baby in a car accident. Hardly found selling basket for cars because they have proven to be not as safe as modern carseats.
Anyway, buckle up with basket still better than the idea of carrying the baby in the car. tongue.gif
We used that for the 1st month only. After that he no longer fit into the basket, which we then switched to carseat.
And that was 8yrs ago, where research is not that in-depth yet. But we choose not to hand-carry the baby, wonder why parents nowadays still having thought of carrying their baby is safe... with so many news and information sharing on-line. rclxub.gif

I have a friend travelling from Penang back to Ipoh, putting his baby on a bouncer and strap it with seat belt. I scolded him when I heard bout it. vmad.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:46 PM