Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Liverpool LYN Kop Talk, Stoke-0 1-Liverpool

views

Mikeshashimi
post Aug 10 2015, 08:11 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Aug 10 2015, 08:02 AM)
i guess its time for another quotable quote from our much beloved BR...  whistling.gif
and which of cos ended with the infamous 6-1.
When Can came on we have more purpose going forward.

Yugendx
post Aug 10 2015, 08:15 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Aug 10 2015, 08:48 AM)
BR failed last season.

King Kenny also failed here.

A lot of managers have failed.

If we dont get into the top 4 this season, then BR deserves to be sacked.
owner should give chance until January if he failed to impress better sacked..
Everdying
post Aug 10 2015, 08:17 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Aug 10 2015, 08:11 AM)
When Can came on we have more purpose going forward.
well, not solely Can...as he and Firmino both created more spaces than Benteke ever did...which gave Couts more room for that goal.
while the fabled substitution of Couts for Ings that never happened makes u wonder...was BR gonna still continue with his 4-5-1 and play Ings out wide with Benteke all alone again?

and what in the world was Benteke doing i have no idea, or perhaps it was BR's instructions to have him play deeper to gather potential passes to him...as LFC seem to be continuing on their form of 'lowest crosses' from last season as i dont recall benteke ever connecting with a single cross.

Mikeshashimi
post Aug 10 2015, 08:22 AM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Aug 10 2015, 08:17 AM)
well, not solely Can...as he and Firmino both created more spaces than Benteke ever did...which gave Couts more room for that goal.
while the fabled substitution of Couts for Ings that never happened makes u wonder...was BR gonna still continue with his 4-5-1 and play Ings out wide with Benteke all alone again?

and what in the world was Benteke doing i have no idea, or perhaps it was BR's instructions to have him play deeper to gather potential passes to him...as LFC seem to be continuing on their form of 'lowest crosses' from last season as i dont recall benteke ever connecting with a single cross.
We obviously cant play with a lone striker, and I dont understand why BR keeps on playing us that way.

Ibe could have been less selfish at times as well.
AnythingK
post Aug 10 2015, 08:23 AM

Getting Started
218 posts

QUOTE(leaF @ Aug 10 2015, 01:25 AM)
Let start evaluation again by this season . so far I haven't seen he done anything wrong to be sack. The only way I see he being sack is the team getting bad result and I really don't want it to happen. BR can talk / do what he want as long he can deliver result.
Yea. Peace and enjoy the win smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
I'd love to react to your comment there. I believe not just me, but there is others. BR should be sack long ago, purely judging from his 3 years with us. By the bold comment there, so you are resetting all his mistake and let him start all over this season? We did win yesterday, decent transfer, good pre season run, still doesn't change the fact that he did absolutely nothing after 3 years, and 100m+ spent.

Of course I do happy with Liverpool win, and I'd be more than happy if we win every match after this one, but I'd still #UniteAgainstBR even if we won comfortably last night. Unless he did really keep on win and win and win and win, but I believe its not possible.
Everdying
post Aug 10 2015, 08:29 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

to put things in perspective, we only had 3 shots on target.
with our first shot on target coming past the hour mark and it was from Lovren...while our 2nd shot on target was from Skrtel.

sure can say this is a new look Stoke team, as the commentators pointed out a few times throughout the game...but this is LFC!

4ddict
post Aug 10 2015, 08:33 AM

34 posts

Great 3 point!
You Never Walk Alone!
Yugendx
post Aug 10 2015, 08:34 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Aug 10 2015, 09:22 AM)
We obviously cant play with a lone striker, and I dont understand why BR keeps on playing us that way.

Ibe could have been less selfish at times as well.
Yea from last season he doing same mistakes again and again..lone striker tactics which require midfielder to hard work..
prophetjul
post Aug 10 2015, 08:45 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

Some people are never happy
a) Chelsea drew AT HOME through 2 jammy goals
b) Arsenal lost AT HOME
c) MancsU just beat Spurs at home
d) We WON. WON away to stoke. 1st game of the season. New players. WON with a wonder goal. Try to chill and enjoy.

e) Hopefully MancsC will get done by WBA. That will make our 1st GAME even happier.

cherroy
post Aug 10 2015, 09:20 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Aug 10 2015, 08:17 AM)

Benteke won a lot of header and knockdown, but with lone striker, there was no one to feed upon, hence little chance created.
You have good header of ball player upfront to do the knockdown, you need striking partner to chase the second ball.
Just like Heskey - Owen combination.
Heskey knockdown the ball to Owen path upfront - get behind defender - score.

There team played narrow with no winger, so there won't be many cross coming in.

Yesterday,it was a poor display especially 1st half.
The team looks totally disjointed with 4-1-4-1 system.
carloz28
post Aug 10 2015, 09:23 AM

Sons of Anarchy
444 posts

There you have it.

I'm wondering when happy feet is gonna show up...maybe sg has activated daylight saving time...i dunno..

Yea we should be thankful when our rivals failed to capitalize. It's like Jibby come telling us that kangkong price is still cheap after he jacked up prices of good nationwide to stop people from pointing the harsh reality.

Always compare with a far inferior result to make one feel good. Sugarcoating 101. If it wasnt for Coutinho, thats 2 pts droppedthe way I see it. Wats the stats like? 3 shots on goal in the entire 90 mins?

This post has been edited by carloz28: Aug 10 2015, 09:24 AM
leaF
post Aug 10 2015, 09:34 AM

On my way
511 posts

QUOTE(AnythingK @ Aug 10 2015, 08:23 AM)
I'd love to react to your comment there. I believe not just me, but there is others. BR should be sack long ago, purely judging from his 3 years with us. By the bold comment there, so you are resetting all his mistake and let him start all over this season? We did win yesterday, decent transfer, good pre season run, still doesn't change the fact that he did absolutely nothing after 3 years, and 100m+ spent.

Of course I do happy with Liverpool win, and I'd be more than happy if we win every match after this one, but I'd still #UniteAgainstBR even if we won comfortably last night. Unless he did really keep on win and win and win and win, but I believe its not possible.
I can understand all BRout talking at the end of last season ; the moment we preparing for our pre season . it is always not a good thing to call out ur manager head when game is played on 30mins something.

Yes. I hope we get new manager as well after what he done last season but owner decided to give him a chance and even supporter in Liverpool already move on and see what BR can do this season . after all it is the owner who had the biggest loss this 3years ; supply 100++m fund , upgrade ur stadium .

Difference between us and Liverpool supporter , yesterday , the away supporter chanting YNWA till last minute while the Lowyat supporter calling BrOut every single minutes during the game.

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Aug 10 2015, 08:45 AM)
b) Arsenal lost AT HOME
d) We WON. WON away to stoke. 1st game of the season. New players. WON with a wonder goal. Try to chill and enjoy.

e) Hopefully MancsC will get done by WBA. That will make our 1st GAME even happier.
Nah..from what I see if BR get sack and we won 6-1 , many of them will get double orgarms.
lcy851031
post Aug 10 2015, 10:04 AM

Enthusiast
741 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Aug 10 2015, 08:45 AM)
b) Arsenal lost AT HOME

This one had to ask favour from Lambert. brows.gif

Btw, coutinho goal is hnngh... notworthy.gif

koolspyda
post Aug 10 2015, 10:06 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Aug 10 2015, 10:20 AM)
Benteke won a lot of header and knockdown, but with lone striker, there was no one to feed upon, hence little chance created.
You have good header of ball player upfront to do the knockdown, you need striking partner to chase the second ball.
Just like Heskey - Owen combination.
Heskey knockdown the ball to Owen path upfront - get behind defender - score.

There team played narrow with no winger, so there won't be many cross coming in.

Yesterday,it was a poor display especially 1st half.
The team looks totally disjointed with 4-1-4-1 system.
Yup correct, we all know Rodgers is technically inept. Fortunately we weren't caught and stole 3points. Rodgers post match interview appears he wasn't too convinced he made the right decision to keep courtino on. (Fortunately he didn't) He needs a whack in the head sometimes.

I won't take anything away from the players. Preserverence is key.

Rodgers does foul up tactics all the time but so long as he doesn't stay mutually arrogant to change, Liverpool will be alright. If you noticed, he conceded that he has stopped imposing mignolet to pass only to defender when going up. We get harassed by teams knowing Brendan in the past didn't allow goalkeeper to launch a quick counter attack upfront or goal kick upwards as we were all too technically naive. Launch attack from the rear, mustn't lose possession as in #Rodgers101 tactics. <<< The stoke post match interviewer reminded Rodgers.

Some mixes needed to for Liverpoolfc play and Rodgers need to be less arrogantly stubborn.

I won't ungloss the teams effort with the win. Courtino & Liverpoolfc 1, Rodgers 0
jacckl
post Aug 10 2015, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(leaF @ Aug 10 2015, 09:34 AM)
I can understand all BRout talking at the end of last season ; the moment we preparing for our pre season . it is always not a good thing to call out ur manager head when game is played on 30mins something.

Yes. I hope we get new manager as well after what he done last season but owner decided to give him a chance and even supporter in Liverpool already move on and see what BR can do this season . after all it is the owner who had the biggest loss this 3years ; supply 100++m fund , upgrade ur stadium .

Difference between us and Liverpool supporter , yesterday , the away supporter chanting YNWA till last minute while the Lowyat supporter calling BrOut every single minutes during the game.
Nah..from what I see if BR get sack and we won 6-1 , many of them will get double orgarms.
do you really expect us to blindly support br after what happen last season? you can't demand respect and confidence, you earned them. and from yesterday match, aside from 3 points and a clean sheet, i did not see much positive from it. i'm on #brout ever since i saw how horrible our ucl campaign last season, i watched every single ucl matches and i do not have a single positive thing to say. until br can prove me wrong, i will not change my bandwagon.
leftist
post Aug 10 2015, 10:11 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(lcy851031 @ Aug 10 2015, 10:04 AM)
This one had to ask favour from Lambert.  brows.gif

Btw, coutinho goal is hnngh...  notworthy.gif

look at benteke off the ball runs..he open space for cout to shoot

rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
cherroy
post Aug 10 2015, 10:45 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(koolspyda @ Aug 10 2015, 10:06 AM)
Yup correct, we all know Rodgers is technically inept. Fortunately we weren't caught and stole 3points. Rodgers post match interview appears he wasn't too convinced he made the right decision to keep courtino on. (Fortunately he didn't) He needs a whack in the head sometimes.

I won't take anything away from the players. Preserverence is key.

Rodgers does foul up tactics all the time but so long as he doesn't stay mutually arrogant to change, Liverpool will be alright. If you noticed, he conceded that he has stopped imposing mignolet to pass only to defender when going up. We get harassed by teams knowing Brendan in the past didn't allow goalkeeper to launch a quick counter attack upfront or goal kick upwards as we were all too technically naive. Launch attack from the rear, mustn't lose possession as in #Rodgers101 tactics. <<< The stoke post match interviewer reminded Rodgers.

Some mixes needed to for Liverpoolfc play and Rodgers need to be less arrogantly stubborn.

I won't ungloss the teams effort with the win. Courtino & Liverpoolfc 1, Rodgers 0
Gk launches high ball into opposition half, striker heads the ball, another striker chases down the second ball, and score. Simple and effective.
Not everytime, must tiki taka, pass, pass, pass, only can score.

It is a big loss if Benteke aerial power is not being effective used.

What is football about?
To score goal!
Whether it is aerial, long range thunderbolt, tap in, it doesn't matter as long as the team can consistently put the ball into the net.

The positive about yesterday is, fullback look pretty solid in defending with Clyne and Gomez at both flank.

Midfielder simply too crowded and narrow. Hendo, Milner, Coutino, Lallana all were playing more central, except Ibe.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM