Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Jan 13 2017, 07:49 AM)
Next in line, "Alexa, appoint me as the president of my country."
alexander3133
post Sep 27 2017, 10:47 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

Purchased the XiaoMi/Mi Jia smart home system.
Bought the main multi-functional unit and door/window magnetic switch, initially just for testing purposes as home alarm system.

Mana tahu I fell in love with their smart home system. Maybe other brand also has functionality close to XiaoMi, but I choose Xiaomi at first because of the cost.

Was dilemma between Panasonic and Xiaomi smart home system, but the Panasonic one price set me off, so I bought Xiaomi system to test out if able to use in Malaysia. It does.
alexander3133
post Oct 26 2017, 08:27 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(henryj8 @ Oct 26 2017, 12:29 PM)
MiHome app back to normal. Everything working fine. But the Ewelink still got problem, all the devices still offline
Yea, Mi Home app yesterday suffering connection problem.
Push notification late arrival or not arrive at all.
Configuration fetch also very slow.

Luckily now everything alright.
alexander3133
post Oct 26 2017, 10:34 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

Hikvision Recorder Alarm Out Push Notification using Xiao Mi Smart Home System

Problem Statement:
Smartphone push notification from Hikvision China set CCTV recorder via cloud service can't be use outside of China.
This is especially when you do not have China working phone number, which will be required to register their cloud service.

Pre-requisites:
1. Xiao Mi Smart Home magnetic door/window sensor.
2. Two relatively tiny wires, any length within 100cm will do
3. Soldering kit

Solution:
Using magnetic door/window sensor from Xiao Mi smart home system, push notification to smartphone can be achieved by connecting Hikvision alarm out port to the magnetic door/window sensor using wire.

1. Unpacking the Xiao Mi magnetic door/window sensor and throw away put aside the magnet (smaller) piece, which yield you the electronic side of the magnetic sensor unit.
Attached Image Attached Image

2. Dismantle the cover of the magnetic sensor unit and you will quickly notice the coin battery. By using a magnifier, Look for the printed text "GND" and "DI+" on the circuit board, highlighted in red box. You will be going to solder wires on the two holes.

3. Strip the wire on both sides. First remove the coin battery, and then solder one wire on the "GND" hole and the other wire on the "DI+" hole. After completed soldering, ensure no short between the newly soldered holes.
Attached Image

4. Put the coin battery back to the sensor unit. Try shorting the two wires. The blue LED light on the sensor will blink upon shorted connection, and blink again upon open connection. This proves that your soldering is working fine, and your sensor unit still alive. Putting back the sensor unit cover.

5. Now insert one wire to your Hikvision recorder Alarm out port indicated as '1' and the other wire to the Alarm out port indicated as "G". Push the orange button on the terminal with tiny screw driver before inserting the wire.
Attached Image

6. Pair the Xiao Mi magnetic door/window sensor unit to your Xiao Mi Smart Home gateway and configure the automation in Mi Home app. Please take note that for this case, the condition for automation you want to use is "Window/door closes", and then you can add instruction to send notification to your phone.

7. If you previously set up motion sensor and then output alert to alarm out port on your Hikvision CCTV recorder, then you will receive notification on your phone once there is a trigger.

Conclusion:
Alternative solution for smartphone push notification alert from Hikvision CCTV can be achieved through Xiao Mi Smart Home system by using Xiao Mi magnetic door/window sensor with proper soldering, connection and configuration.
Push notification can be received immediately when Hikvision alarm out triggered.

Appendix:
Hikvision alarm out motion sensing configuration (Sorry for the interface in Chinese words due to this recorder is China set)

alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 08:27 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

Guys, any of the power consumption monitor device that you would recommend?
Prefer socket type, like Sonoff S31, but UK plug, would like to monitor refrigerator power consumption.
alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 3 2018, 08:54 AM)
Those display type plug in wall socket have a short lifespan. Useless.

Already 2 set spoiled.

Not going to buy it anymore. Will try the Sonoff type which using apps. Just modify it to plug in wall socket.
I would prefer WiFi and app type too, like Sonoff S31, but too bad it has only US plug.

Those 2 set of yours spoiled was from which manufacturer or what model?

If able to cut wire, I would definitely go for Sonoff POW, but it is my refrigerator, don't want to risk it.
alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 10:35 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 3 2018, 10:26 AM)
Sonoff is the cheapest.

Get this
1) Sonoff Pow for RM43.
2) extension wire RM18

Cut the extension wire and joint the sonoff. Total cost RM61.

Cheap cheap.  rclxms.gif
Where you normally get your cheapest Sonoff products from?
alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(coo|dude @ Jan 3 2018, 11:27 AM)
what are the alternatives if your light switches do not come with a neutral wiring? I am in dilemma in figuring how to convert all the switches in my current home to a smart switch without any hacking..
I came across Aqara smart switch, claim to able to work without neutral wire, I never use before.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r...e27b&abbucket=2

alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 11:45 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(coo|dude @ Jan 3 2018, 11:39 AM)
Unfortunately I can't read mandarin, but yes thanks for the suggestion. And I like this switch too (still prefer the old-fashioned "clicking" switch). I will research more on this.
This is their official site in English.
https://www.aqara.com/en/ctrl-neutral.html

I think this smart switch has to work with XiaoMi Smart Home Gateway, which the app UI is Chinese, but I think can change to English.

The Xiaomi Gateway looks like this:
https://xiaomi-mi.com/sockets-and-sensors/x...i-mi-gateway-2/

alexander3133
post Jan 3 2018, 12:14 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 3 2018, 12:11 PM)
The switch can control the fan speed meh ?
Talking about fan, I also looking for a smart switch that able to adjust the speed of glass mount ventilation fan, not sure if market have this kind of product. hmm.gif
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 03:34 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 3 2018, 10:49 AM)
Aliexpress.

Banggood have the cheapest. But not sure the shipping cost.
Bought both Sonoff Dual and Sonoff POW from AliExpress for USD$ 20.77.

Ordered 4th Jan, seller shipped out 5th Jan, reached Singapore on 9th Jan, reached today rclxms.gif
12 days shipment, kind of impressive.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by alexander3133: Jan 17 2018, 03:42 PM
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 04:27 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Jan 17 2018, 04:23 PM)
Not bad 1 week, which shop is it?
Close to 2 weeks from their official store: "SONOFF Official Store"
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 17 2018, 03:41 PM)
Standard delivery time is 2 weeks mostly for Aliexpress.

But some item dirt cheap or cost below US$1, will ship around the world before reach here. Probably a 3-4week.

I brought a Sonoff POW also on 4/1. But not sure arrive or not. Deliver to my office but haven't go into office for over a week.
Previously I bought from AliExpress mostly arrived my doorstep at around 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 05:06 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 17 2018, 04:35 PM)
So what you plan to do with this 2 sonoff ?
Well, the "Dual", I planned to control my two ventilation fans in kitchen.
Right now they are running 24/7, now I would like to run only between certain time frame.

The "POW", I planned to monitor my refrigerator power consumption, this one I will have to DIY the plug and socket.
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 05:44 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 17 2018, 05:14 PM)
Ventilation fan 24/7 ? Not high bill ?
Installed two of these Panasonic ventilation fans, but 95% of the time only operate one fan.

https://www.panasonic.com/my/consumer/home-...n/fv-20wu4.html

From spec, power consumption is 34.4W/h, so one month the power consumption will be around 25.6kW.
My recent TNB bill, total usage was 142kW for that month, around RM 31.

If 25.6kW is the consumption for that one fan, that will be around 18% of my total monthly usage, which is quite significant.
Looking forward to cut down usage time to cut down bill cost.
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 06:16 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jan 17 2018, 06:02 PM)
You cook 24 hrs all week long? Why need 24/7 ventilation  hmm.gif
Just for air circulation, not for cooking.
For cooking, I have hood, and when I turn on hood, I will turn off ventilation fan.
Which I why I wanted to reduce the usage of ventilation fan, turn on only when there is people in house.
alexander3133
post Jan 17 2018, 08:55 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

So I have some time to be spared just now to test out the Sonoff POW, I decided to test it on my ventilation fan.
Luckily after the testing, I am still alive and here is the picture:

Attached Image

The power consumption measured by Sonoff POW is as follow:

Attached Image

From the measurement obtained, 17W versus from the spec 34.4W.
alexander3133
post Jan 23 2018, 07:47 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Jan 20 2018, 02:43 PM)
The connections can be tidied up I think from the wire outlet. I suppose a hole may be drilled atop the plastic cover large enough to accommodate the wiring from the fan to the smart switch and then connecting the main wiring to the switch. The smart switch can be either double sided tape to the wall (needs stronger adhesive tape) or use a suitably sized screw and washer to keep it nailed to the wall (mind the wiring inside).

Either that or replace the cover with a multi junction type with 2 or more holes such that the smart switch is affixed besides either side.
Today I have a chance to work on installing Sonoff Dual to control my kitchen ventilation fan.
And yes I cut a hole, large one on the plastic cover to allow the wire to run through it to interface with the Sonoff Dual.
The 6 wires is actually strong enough to hold the Sonoff Dual in position, but I still use double sided tape to fix it on the wall.

Attached Image

Good thing is each channel can be individually controlled and scheduled, as well as setting their default power-on state.
alexander3133
post Jan 31 2018, 05:21 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 26 2018, 10:33 AM)
Finish mod the Sonoff POW as an extension.

Temporary use it on the printer. The good is, the printing take long time like over 10hr and more. It have the estimate time when finish but not accurate. So I use the Sonoff POW to monitor the wattage running. When the wattage is low for long, I can know that the printing is finish and no more activity. Than I can off the sonoff remotely. Also able to know what is the consumption.

The POW apps is too simple and very less available function.

I wish Sonoff can update and improve more function like.

1) showing more like measure the Voltage, top peak watt usage, Ampere and cost perunit over a month/yrs.
2) Provide function like meet certain criteria and choose what can do. Like my usage on the printer, if the wattage drop to certain level that we input, the sonoff will ON/OFF the unit automatically. Good to put on certain electrical appliances when finish the job, Sonoff OFF the main.
Finally done mine as well for Sonoff POW.

For some reasons, the firmware update keep failing.

Attached Image
alexander3133
post Jan 31 2018, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jan 31 2018, 08:39 PM)
The plug wiring look funny. Comeout from the socket?

Ya, 1st few time, fail to update. Than suddenly update liau.  dry.gif

My another sonoff also able to update.

So far the 2 sonoff running fine. Another wan install almost a yrs now (March last yrs) still running good. Can stand the harsh environment. Which I throw ontop the ceiling outdoor.
The plug wire goes into the socket holder and come back up to Sonoff.
I just want the socket holder to fix the Sonoff position using wire.

I tried more than 3 times, still cannot, said firmware update failed.
Progress percentage goes to 90% then stuck for long time, then said firmware update failure. cry.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:51 PM