Thx for reply.. Yeah im going for 4711 original hahaha
Get the 1litre version lol

edwardleong
post Mar 28 2015, 11:49 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Mar 28 2015, 05:21 PM)
Great weekend fragrance fans!
What's you scent for outing on saturday.

For me,I'm Trying out new scent and this juice are really potent.
With 3shot,I'm in divine..

Initial spray i got smooth fine dark Belgium chocolate(unsweetened type)  opening follow closely with cacao powerderish at back of the scent trail.
Vanilla doin a fine touch-up of smoothness and creamy on opening notes.

Here i barely notice any rose scent as mention on fragrantica ,while rum boozyness definitely there with a nicely and small amount of spice and pepper to uplift the strong opening dark choco... A nice take on gourmand scent..
When every mixture of concoction are finely done,this is the result..
To me,It remind me of Bond No 9 So New York cacao scent without the plum notes...

And i'm a happy guy enjoying nice scent today wink.gif
user posted image
Haha nice guerlain.. Wait till you get your nose on either cuir beluga... Creamy vanilla ice cream with very mild suede. Regret did not bite the bullet get when im in hong kong

edwardleong
post May 4 2015, 09:41 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(goodforlife @ Apr 27 2015, 10:01 PM)
Hi to all.. can suggest to me any bergamot based perfume?
Tom ford neroli portofino, le labo bergamotte 36, kilian prelude to love, mugler cologne, diptyque eau de neroli
edwardleong
post May 4 2015, 09:53 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(goodforlife @ Apr 27 2015, 10:01 PM)
Hi to all.. can suggest to me any bergamot based perfume?
Tom ford neroli portofino, le labo bergamotte 36, kilian prelude to love, mugler cologne, diptyque eau de neroli
edwardleong
post Jul 6 2015, 09:56 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(le gentleman @ Jul 6 2015, 05:47 AM)
Which perfume smells like coffee or choc ya??

As i know, black xs does smell like strawberry.. Not my taste. So, which perfume does smell like coffee, choc or vanilla?

I cant try all the perfume on the counter. They will give me a weird look. So, need ur suggestion, then i will try and get one. Tq

I already used the search button, not much info though..

And what do u think about joop homme, versace l'homme, versace man eau fraiche and versace the dreamer? Nice? I may need to blind buy these perfume as no tester available at counter or sephora.
My friend, dont blind buy but then blind buy will always be part and parcel of the fragrance journey as we evolve and despite numerous advice try first dont waste money blind buy.

Dont worry about the SA on the counters that give you weird look, of coz we need to try only able to make decision. just walk away, customer always right even you are wrong... and if u dare enough, ask to speak to their supervisor to complaint lol

anyway coffee note can have diff kind of smell ie roasted bean, cold beans, latte so from the designer end you can try Givenchy Play Intense (roasted coffee bean), Polo Double Black (roasted beans). Niche end: Bond no 9 New Haarlem (Starbucks in a bottle), Tom Ford Cafe Rose (cafe), Montale Intense Cafe..

Choc.. not my fav note. but please try get ur nose on Guerlain's L'instant de Guerlain Extreme (LIDGE)... Cocoa powder with tea.

As for vanilla depending again wat kind of scent you are looking for.. Gourmand / floral / oriental? you can try L'occitan Eau de Baux, Dior Homme Intense, Boss Bottled, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Memo Siwa, Guerlain Spirituse Double Vanile,

Hope this finds you well as i dont really like to smell too sweet or foody lol
edwardleong
post Jul 7 2015, 07:19 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(fin307 @ Jul 7 2015, 06:33 PM)
any bvlgari recommendation?
or smell like one.
I like bvlgari but it doesn't stay that long on my body.
2-3 hours max.

please sifu. any recommendation. I want to smell nice for raya soon ^^,
HAha bang, what bvlgari you are looking into? i have tried some maybe can give u some experience..

1. Bvlgari Black - the hockey pug frag, famous for the burnt rubber vanilla tea scent

2. Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir - very green after rain tea scent

3. Bvlgari Man in Black - if you looking into spicebomb area

edwardleong
post Jul 9 2015, 08:55 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

Weekend scents should be carefree and relax, clinique happy man is a very nice option as well as Dior Homme Cologne...

For me these are my most use bottles for the past two months

Attached Image

Work: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver edt, subtle grapefruit vetiver combo, prefer this over its heavier n smokier edp

Versatile: Creed Green Irish Tweed, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, good for dunno nak pakai scent apa

Formal occasions: Tom Ford Noir for corporate suit n tie event, Black Orchid dinner date

Outdoor / weekend: Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi, citrus n fig works perfect under the hot sun hehe
edwardleong
post Jul 26 2015, 01:15 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 25 2015, 04:48 PM)
Anyone knows where to get decently priced Creed Irish tweed locally?

Isetan does not have that in stock.
You can try Ken;s apo at level 2, bangsar village... other than the 120ml bottles and the private collection, you can find all creed there
edwardleong
post Jul 26 2015, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 26 2015, 09:37 AM)
Meaning they don't sell anything for 120 ml? hmm.gif

What are the price range yea, if you can recall?

Thanks!  blush.gif
i dont recalling seeing any 120ml bottle being sold in either isetan and ken...

forgot edi lo... anyway creed always increase their price so just check out in the stores will be the best
edwardleong
post Jul 26 2015, 09:59 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 26 2015, 08:43 PM)
70 ml for 699 MYR.

Not too shabby la, 50ml of Tom Ford still cost more laugh.gif

Almost settle for ADP today while walking around but decided to not purchase ahead of the planned HK trip.
haha hk is a perfume lover trap and pit hole... i almost walk out with Casamoratti but then ended up with two kilians... most of the niches you can find there... remember go to Lane crawford at IFC if u wan try the world most expensive perfume... and when u at IFC please by all means drop by Tom Ford boutique, it is mindblowing awesome... then harvey nichols in tsim sha sui if u wan sniff the highly famed guerlain l'art et la maitre sdv.. cuir beluga, and armani privee...

Kilian is located at harvey nicols admiralty, the sa Jay is such a friendly sa who gave me plenty of samples lol... then theres a beauty shop there too which carry alot of mainstream niche, creed, mfk, frederic malle, czech and speake.. but the sa quite lansi but their attitude changed seeing me walking into their shop with my kilian purchase shopping bad brows.gif brows.gif

if u willing to spend HKD2,000 for a bottle then u are spoil with choices..

This post has been edited by edwardleong: Jul 26 2015, 10:02 PM
edwardleong
post Jul 26 2015, 11:02 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Jul 26 2015, 10:29 PM)
That's 1,000 ringgit laugh.gif

Thanks for the recommendation, would seriously consider going to all the location as you mentioned.

Killian seems awesome, I already few friends asking me to carry back a bottle for them tongue.gif

And definitely a peek at Tom Ford's! And maybe getting a 100ml of Tom Ford there too  biggrin.gif

I have a feeling my bank would have a field day with my shopping  blush.gif
haha no nid carry for ur friends coz u too bz buy for urself edi

TF either u go 50ml or Flacon, no in the middle 100ml ge, the bottle looks out of proportion... lol

Go for brands that you cant find either in MY or SG...

Xerjoff also a nice one as it is best fit our hot weather and the cap can be use as a murder weapon tongue.gif

kilian is worth exploring... i love my a taste of heaven to max and it is my signature lavender scent, green absinthe lavender and vanilla... gothic... Liaisons Dangereus is a nice fruity scent with rose in it, metrosexual. i love this and my gf love forbidden games so i guess i know wat to get for her when we go hk again next year

edwardleong
post Jul 27 2015, 08:35 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Jul 27 2015, 04:20 PM)
Wearing new fragrance for today.
SOTD : Guerlain Habit Rouge Sport

Nice, Classy, Neat and linear rose base fragrance with a hint of lime on the opening.As the scent settles down.. it gives a powerdish and light woody feel. A very calm and neat scent. Let's see the scent develop  wink.gif

user posted image
fuiyoh.. Guerlain edi... somemore Habit Rouge dun play play

the bottle looks stunning
edwardleong
post Jul 27 2015, 10:50 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Jul 27 2015, 09:33 PM)
Just go for this sport flanker instead of the vintage release.. Perhaps my nose still not ready for vintage scent  sweat.gif
Somehow,i really like rose base frag... As you try and sampling more and more rose scent,You will encounter there's many facet of rose that can produce..
Really a sophisticated notes. Well,I guess real man wear almost everything.. doesn't matter is a rose or jasmin or ylang-ylang.
Remind me the rose that i dislike,While i first venture into rose base frag was Rosam By Histoires de Parfums.. a bit let down... perhaps not for me.

user posted image
Haha who is the one open up a rosey path for u brows.gif brows.gif

Rosam really an acquired taste.. it is like soaking a double A paper in a rose water lol

Rose really a truely a unisex note. can be worn by both sexes. I still can remember the first ever rose i am exposed to- no other than FM Portrait of a Lady.. the tart, raspberry and earthy patchouli rose... then noir de noir, rose d'arabie and the list go on and go on lol

My fav roses of all time (im sorry that i am biased towards rose oud combo)
1. By Kilian Rose Oud
2. MFK Oud Silk Mood
3. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
edwardleong
post Jul 29 2015, 08:47 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Jul 29 2015, 05:52 PM)
Haven't tried the sport version but I find the newer Tom Ford Noir (EdT) smelling like the original Habit Rouge, which I quite like.
Wow im quite surprised to see someone saying noir smelling like the ori habit rouge than shalimar...

Tat is why i find fragrance really unique as each nose picks up totally diff scent...

I do came across habit rouge before i settle for noir, to me noir has this backbone of shalimar with the slight dirty vanilla. What i get from hb is straight of powdery lemon which leans closer to lemongrass and to me n gf this is way too dated for our noses and noir opens with powdery vanilla bit metallic violet n smidge of civet skank n she also dun like noir as she say it is abit smelly haha

But after a few hrs of noir on my skin, she say it smell quite nice lol...

Quite interesting one scent can be smell so differently

edwardleong
post Jul 30 2015, 12:24 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Jul 29 2015, 11:35 PM)
I think you referred to the EdT version of HR as I don't recall seeing any EdP in KL. Both are quite different in smell. I have samples of both concentrations given by one of our fragheads Joey, who is also a die-hard Guerlain fan. The EdT version of Tom Ford Noir has no civet in it and I don't find it dirty. I think the smelly Noir your gf is complaining is the EdP version (that you own), which is a dirty patchouli vanilla, which I also like. Even though I tested TFN (EdP) first in 2013 and fell in love with it but I bought tester of PAPHI instead because it has a touch of myrrh and it's much cheaper.

As I am typing this I've just received an email from fragX informing that my Sahara Noir has just been shipped out by DHL Express, which I've just ordered during lunch time today. They only restocked it last night and it's selling like hot cakes (qty was 18 this morning) :-
- http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid_pe...__products.html

For RM380 I consider it reasonable. I saw it available in Changi and KLIA2 last year, which was priced around RM450 to 500-ish if not mistaken. I think it's getting harder to find now. I didn't see it in Changi when I was there few months ago. It's not cheap at evil bay too. I have not had the opportunity to try Amber Absolute but some say they are rather similar. If you're a fan of Church incense and amber or find Incense Avignon too soft, Sahara Noir should be right up your alleys. While Incense Avignon is a quiet mass in stone cold Medieval Church, Sahara Noir is high mass in wooden Church in the middle of desert biggrin.gif
Haha then all make sense d.... Wow nice deal u got there. i still dun dare to buy online due to the post-gst effect... Kastam no kacau meh
edwardleong
post Jul 30 2015, 12:41 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(izam7 @ Jul 30 2015, 12:35 AM)
I tested Sahara Noir before. It's remind me of MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir
I still can handle SN. But Avignon is too 'heavy' for me to handle  sweat.gif
Haha till today incense is still a big no no to me... however this is something that right up my alley

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Tom-Ford-V...gamot-6935.html

Tom Ford launches the new fragrance which belongs to the collection Private Blend presented as a unisex edition which blends expressive pepper-based notes with exotic floral notes and creamy woody shades.

VENETIAN BERGAMOT opens with green and tart aromas of bergamot which is surrounded with bitter and cold chords of black pepper and cheerful pink pepper, while ginger enhances sharpness and citrusy scent. The heart mixes warm and intoxicating shades of ylang-ylang combined with gardenia and magnolia. A woody blend of cedar and Californian bay leaf (Pepperwood / myrtle from Oregon / Umbellularia) provides a rougher character to the floral aromas, while the finish is provided by warm aromas of sandalwood, tonka, amber and cashmeran.
edwardleong
post Aug 1 2015, 01:41 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(t0n3 @ Jul 30 2015, 10:04 AM)
Wow, that's a great news to hear. Congratulation to you bro! Did your wife ask you not to wear too much perfume around her since her sense of smell is heightened? Hehe...
Talking about hauls, you probably has the most hauls among us this year with my bottle of AHEB went to your wardrobe just few months ago.
We are even more envious with your business trip to Paris lah. You can find most of the brands in SG already.
QUOTE(izam7 @ Jul 30 2015, 03:39 PM)
LOL....Yes indeed...
Now she hate all perfumes..even bath gel....
I'm not even allowed to wear perfumes..
Due to that,I even bring the selected bottle into my car and spray it before go to office  tongue.gif

On the hauls, I don't think I can still beat astroboy, marver or even edward and you notworthy.gif

Always went to Paris --> But seldom got chances for perfume shopping  doh.gif
wah envy u all got to get new haul. my gf have implemented a new policy to control my purcahse - 1 bottle a year and when ever i show her an empty bottle, she allow me to get a replacement.

So Grey vetiver filled the quota for this year rclxub.gif rclxub.gif and i got an empty bottle but wait next year go hong kong only redeem haha
edwardleong
post Aug 3 2015, 07:25 AM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Aug 1 2015, 02:40 PM)
Hahaha... Sampling sampling time...
Edward got some new haul hehe... rclxms.gif
Dont like that give me all these evil ideas la.. My planned hauls all quite acquired taste le... scare nanti split cannot jalan i mah die cry.gif cry.gif

better take this slowly nod.gif
edwardleong
post Aug 3 2015, 10:05 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Aug 3 2015, 09:35 PM)
Hahaha... i have to admit that,In our local community the split are way slower compared to foreign counterpart such as US & Uk. As their frag-head are far way more active and eager to try / sampling something new in store. But is good to bring something on personal used and share it out with other fragrance lover here... You have my support man!
For Oud base,i think my nose have quite some formal lesson and start to try sampling something newer wink.gif
Any of our frag-head would willing to bring in brand such as Clive, Xerjoff, Sospiro & probably Roja creation and do a split for our local community rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
Hopeful wish you got there. because all these luxury brand offer only mostly 50ml in size so average price / ml sucks big time... somemore after split jor he / she will left with little juice assuming ppl here all min 5ml per split la... and not fair for the head who went oversea and buy 1 or 2 bottles and split here...

i have yet to reach that level to own these luxe niche haha...

Share share what is your upcoming 10 hauls
edwardleong
post Aug 4 2015, 08:50 PM

Regular
1,163 posts

QUOTE(marver @ Aug 4 2015, 05:59 PM)
Here's a nice article worth reading..
Cos personally visit before their store back early this year at tangs orchard.
And Sa told me that all of their Oud / Agarwood oil are premium version. And in-fact they selling their agarwood oil to other perfume-house too.
http://www.fragrantica.com/news/More-Than-...-Bois-6944.html
u memang tauke... not cheap sure no recommend.. u terror flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif

i dont dare to drop by the boutique during my last kl trip due to it is more expensive than botak

100ml RM2500
50ml RM1500
15ml RM500

well the sa say guarantee can give discount lol

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1264sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:08 AM