Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Insurance

views

gr8fr8
post Apr 4 2016, 11:00 AM

Enthusiast
841 posts

QUOTE(adele123 @ Apr 3 2016, 11:44 PM)
i bought from aig when i went to cambodia. that's cause i felt like for cambodia, i just needed the most basic travel insurance. just to cover medical. those things like lost of document, travel delay doesn't seem quite applicable for such a short trip. aig was the cheapest i could find.

buying online from aig seems reliable. policy received immediately, no issue in payment.

though i have to admit their interface can be more professional looking... biggrin.gif
Ic. Thanks for the reply.

The interface is modern, have to say. Perhaps too modern, in minimalistic way.

Axa doesn't cover the country that I am planning to go to, hence, so far, I am looking at AIG and MSIG.
munkeyflo
post Apr 4 2016, 02:25 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(gr8fr8 @ Apr 4 2016, 11:00 AM)
Ic. Thanks for the reply.

The interface is modern, have to say. Perhaps too modern, in minimalistic way.

Axa doesn't cover the country that I am planning to go to, hence, so far, I am looking at AIG and MSIG.
Where are you heading to?
EncikP
post Apr 18 2016, 01:34 PM

14 posts

Guys pls help me clarify this.
I usually bought travel insurance which included in flight ticket. But I forgot this time.

IINM it can be bought outside right? What's the difference between buy with ticket or buy separately?

Thanks notworthy.gif
munkeyflo
post Apr 18 2016, 02:49 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(EncikP @ Apr 18 2016, 01:34 PM)
Guys pls help me clarify this.
I usually bought travel insurance which included in flight ticket. But I forgot this time.

IINM it can be bought outside right? What's the difference between buy with ticket or buy separately?

Thanks  notworthy.gif
Just go to any insurance company that sells travel insurance. Pay per trip.
I go with AXA. You can purchase it online.

Pretty much the same with buying with flight ticket I guess. If you fly a lot, just get annual insurance. Also note that some insurance don't cover domestic travel, so check before you buy.
fuzagi
post Apr 19 2016, 05:25 PM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

hi, anyone here has experienced with claiming process of the travel insurance? lets say if i got myself an AXA one and i would like to claim for loss of belonging, what is the process and duration like? and if im to be hospitalized for injuries in a foreign country too.
Human Nature
post Apr 19 2016, 05:48 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Apr 19 2016, 05:25 PM)
hi, anyone here has experienced with claiming process of the travel insurance? lets say if i got myself an AXA one and i would like to claim for loss of belonging, what is the process and duration like? and if im to be hospitalized for injuries in a foreign country too.
http://www.axa.com.my/169/en/Claims/Travel-Claims

download the form from the link above and submit to the nearest branch.

refer to the T&C, will state what documents are required. for example, itemized bill for medication.

got my claim in about 3 weeks
NXaqua
post Apr 19 2016, 05:56 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Apr 18 2016, 02:49 PM)
Just go to any insurance company that sells travel insurance. Pay per trip.
I go with AXA. You can purchase it online.

Pretty much the same with buying with flight ticket I guess. If you fly a lot, just get annual insurance. Also note that some insurance don't cover domestic travel, so check before you buy.
Hi guys,

ACE have Travel Insurance for Domestic if anyone is interested.
fuzagi
post Apr 19 2016, 08:11 PM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Apr 19 2016, 05:48 PM)
http://www.axa.com.my/169/en/Claims/Travel-Claims

download the form from the link above and submit to the nearest branch.

refer to the T&C, will state what documents are required. for example, itemized bill for medication.

got my claim in about 3 weeks
ok thanks. did u claim for medical in your case?
Human Nature
post Apr 19 2016, 08:28 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Apr 19 2016, 08:11 PM)
ok thanks. did u claim for medical in your case?
yes for medical
eugene9201
post Apr 23 2016, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

I'm looking for one travel insurance, as I will be going to Seoul around 3 months for studying Korean, and one of the document required by the university is "a insurance certificate that is valid in Korea when you visit hospitals".

I checked online - there are Tune Protect, Etiqa, AIG, etc. All of them are around RM 200++
Price are almost the same, so just want to ask if anyone know which is more reliable (as in fast in response if I really get into trouble oversea/claim)?
munkeyflo
post Apr 24 2016, 04:10 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Apr 19 2016, 05:25 PM)
I've claimed AXA for baggage delay recently. And last year for flight cancellation and misconnection.

Both times I just filled up the form and email them together with all the documents required. I just scan and email to them. Few working days later, I get an email reply saying my claim has been approve and the money will be credited into my account in a few days time. Whole process takes about less than 2 weeks working days to be done.
hmmmm19
post Apr 24 2016, 11:21 PM

0 posts

Greetings All,

Am travelling abroad soon and wondering if there any travel insurance that can cover existing medical condition like Diabetes and High Blood pressure for my mom? Please advice smile.gif
hmmmm19
post Apr 25 2016, 12:14 PM

0 posts

Greetings All,

Am travelling abroad soon and wondering if there any travel insurance that can cover existing medical condition like Diabetes and High Blood pressure for my mom? Please advice smile.gif
adele123
post Apr 25 2016, 01:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(hmmmm19 @ Apr 25 2016, 12:14 PM)
Greetings All,

1) there's a travel insurance thread up there...

2) travel insurance does not exclude existing medical condition.
munkeyflo
post Apr 25 2016, 02:18 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(hmmmm19 @ Apr 25 2016, 12:14 PM)
Greetings All,

Just call up any travel insurance company and ask them about it.

That's the best advice you can get. Directly from the source.
fuzagi
post Apr 26 2016, 04:13 PM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Apr 24 2016, 04:10 PM)
I've claimed AXA for baggage delay recently. And last year for flight cancellation and misconnection.

Both times I just filled up the form and email them together with all the documents required. I just scan and email to them. Few working days later, I get an email reply saying my claim has been approve and the money will be credited into my account in a few days time. Whole process takes about less than 2 weeks working days to be done.
oh ok. 2weeks time sounds long to me. is that considered a norm?
munkeyflo
post Apr 26 2016, 07:51 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

QUOTE(fuzagi @ Apr 26 2016, 04:13 PM)
oh ok. 2weeks time sounds long to me. is that considered a norm?
Within 2 weeks max la. For my recent claim, I submitted for claim on 4th April afternoon by email. Receive confirmation that they receive my email on 5th morning. On 7th, I receive email saying my claim has been approve and it'll take 3 working days to credit the amount to my account. 9th and 10th was the weekend, I got my money on the 11th.
fuzagi
post Apr 28 2016, 02:02 AM

Cushcushiers
1,044 posts

oh ok, that sounds fine then.
oneeleven
post May 4 2016, 06:15 PM

Regular
1,515 posts

AIG Travel Guard normal policy

First day, on the way to meet tour leader in China, twisted my knee on metro stairs, painful but could hobble around. JIC I called the AIG toll-free number. They said must go to certain recognized hospital for X-ray etc. and then whatever resulted would be covered as per insurance agreement. Reimbursement for temporary pain killers, bandages, crutches would not be accepted without going to that hospital.

I decided travelling across the city, getting bandaged and drugged up then cancelling the tour was worse than the knee problem. Weeks later, I was back to normal but it was good to know that help was available.
oneeleven
post Jun 1 2016, 01:13 AM

Regular
1,515 posts

Getting to the renewal date for AIG. Noticed rates gone up significantly and looks like tightening up some payout conditions..

Also noticed, Maybank Etiqa has a travel policy that is half the price. The basic plan blatantly says it does not cover several common travel problems but for half the price, I'll risk those myself. If you must have those, you can pay for the mid or high range coverage.

33 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:02 PM