Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MMO World of Tanks v4 - Where Tankers Meet, Shoot to thrill, Play to kill.

views

mowlous
post Aug 13 2015, 05:00 PM

Casual
439 posts

I'm fairly new to this game, so far I still don't rly get high pen VS high dmg ...... a lot of friends say go all the way for high penetration but what I want to know is when is high dmg used instead? I mean if it's totally useless why would the game include it right?
mowlous
post Aug 13 2015, 05:50 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(onghy @ Aug 13 2015, 05:40 PM)
what tier you in?

overall below tier 4, u dont't really know the penetration of shell, except some thick armor tank like B1 or Crusader.

after tier 5, thing get start to get in, bounce shot because your shot unable to penetrate enemy tank's armor.

AP have lower damage, but high penetrate value
HE have high damage, but very low penetrate value

we use AP because the penetration value is high, to pen enemy's weak spot (yes, weak spot, even AP unable to penetrate some thick armor of tank) reliably.

for HE, yes, the max damage is high, but only given the shot penetrate, of your shot do not penetrate, the splash damage will cause less damage on enemy, sometime 0 damage. example, sometime i chasing a light tank, i switch to HE, end up the shots do not penetrate, and doing splash damage less than 100

when to use HE? when you shooting some light armor tank, like spg, or light tank, or when you want reset base cap, you do not have much time to aim for weak spot, so use HE to splash damage enemy tank to reset the base capture.
Currently I got a stug III ausf.g .... VK 30.01 H ....... SU - 5 ( getting tier 5 soon SU-122A) ..... and T-28 (getting tier 5 KV-1)

Best tank base on record . Stug III ...... before this was hetzer.
mowlous
post Aug 19 2015, 12:37 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(DCXW @ Aug 19 2015, 10:52 AM)
Haha have fun with the Russian SPG.
PS: its really a troll machine unless you and opponent are on flat ground
I don't play much SPG ....... now I got new headache, after I got KV-1 I enjoy playing it a lot but there is so many option tank in the branch list I don't know which one should I go. I like KV-2 but that only leads back down to SPG, which many say it's waste of time to collect it, but I like derp cannon so much I feel demotivated if I am kind of force to get other tank for the sake of reaching tier 10.

Then there is IS-7 VS IS-4 debate. which some say is-4 for defense but no fire power, while is-7 is for attk but weak side armor. I'm better at turtling but I hate doing low dmg. I like things that pack a punch like a stug or a kv-2 kind of punch.

So now I'm stuck running in circles trying to decide what I want VS what I need for tier 10.

Btw what is the difference between kv-1 VS kv-1s? it's like the same tier but I have to pay like 10k more exp point for kv-1s ....... and from the looks of it I felt that kv-1 kinda do better as most of my match I see a lot of kv-1 but very few play kv-1s ...

This post has been edited by mowlous: Aug 19 2015, 12:38 PM
mowlous
post Aug 19 2015, 03:51 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(mi-g @ Aug 19 2015, 01:37 PM)
once upon a time, KV1S used to be the highest alpha damage for Tier 6 tanks

oh the good 'ol days  cry.gif
I"m so indecisive right now I don't know where should I spend my 30k exp on cry.gif
mowlous
post Aug 19 2015, 10:00 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(DCXW @ Aug 19 2015, 09:50 PM)
i recommend getting the KV1s then. KV2 is strong but youre gonna have a hard ptime playing against tier 6 and above.
KV-1s and KV - 85 enjoyable ? I know IS is something new off the KV series ....
mowlous
post Aug 26 2015, 05:41 PM

Casual
439 posts

One thing I hate about wot is they give you some rly hard to make choice. Like right now my german lane is on a cross road. The VK30.01 H leads to two tank, VK36.01H VS the VK30.02M.

When I went down the lane I thought of getting tiger II (Cause I watch the movie "fury" after a week playing wot and decide that's the tank I wanna get ... looks scary ma)

But according to the internet many prefer the VK30.02M (call mini panter) .... so now again I am left with either to go trough VK36.01H then get tiger then tiger 2 .... or go sniping mode get panter then can jump either tiger 2 or panter 2.

I'm ok ok at close combat, fairly better at sniping, decent with light tank.

Weighing on both advantage and disadvantage going trough tiger lane I can get tiger 1 at a cheaper exp graind. I heard as well as seen youtube tiger 1 seems pretty popular as well. The downside to that is the vk36.01H a lot say nothing special.

On the other hand many had praise vk30.02m being a fast and accurate sniper, but the down side is doing little dmg.

With enough exp points to get either one right now I am stuck to which one I want. Anyone got exp down this path? Issit worth getting just trough the tiger or is it worth getting the mini panther and skip tiger 1?
mowlous
post Sep 5 2015, 02:19 PM

Casual
439 posts

So this new tanks are use to counter OP tanks? It seems like a squarish paper box easy kill type of tank.

How they play out? better then average or still loose to current popular tanks?
mowlous
post Sep 8 2015, 11:38 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(onghy @ Sep 8 2015, 09:26 AM)
tier 5 not problem, the turret face can pen easilly, at tier 6, frontal armor min 150mm is OP, IS and IS2 average pen value is 150mm only

anyway, not really face tier 6 Jap heavy in game, everytime they in my team, and die within minutes....  sweat.gif
I face t5 quite a few rounds and they are so hard to pen ...... even pen also like not much dmg done to them. Their cannon is so powerful most of the time can 1 - 2 shot.
mowlous
post Sep 8 2015, 10:45 PM

Casual
439 posts

Is there a noob guild in lyn? or those who stay t5 farming ones ...... kinda tired those random battle always either pair lemmings or super crazy 3 lvl higher tank in game. So many just go 1 side and left the other side totally unguarded, or tier 8 that rush you and don't even care about your bullets.
mowlous
post Sep 21 2015, 05:02 PM

Casual
439 posts

How you guys deal with long range TD? Most of the time I find it frustrating when the group wanted to cover a space in front but enemy got long range TD that can just shoot and no one can detect where they are.

Also are the japanese tank bugged or too OP? whenever I find my self facing an I-O or a O-I it's so hard to do dmg even on their weak spot with a high pen gun.
mowlous
post Sep 22 2015, 01:34 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(soulhunter87 @ Sep 21 2015, 05:31 PM)
what tank do you play? if medium use your mobility to move from cover to cover. if heavy try find other route and make sure u angle your tank. dont give them your weakspot.

for japan tank, dont shot lower hull. its have good armor. aim at its flat front surface or at its 'boobs'. if u could flank them its even better. side armor is quite weak
I'm mostly playing tier5 tank, VK3601, KV-1S, stugIII, T-34 mid tank, and KV-2.

Problem is I am running from cover to cover, that is when the shot came from no where. I try to stick at the edge of maps while moving to avoid getting shot, but sometimes if none of us move the timer is going to tick to 0 or when we get flank and need to take a shortcut.

For japanese tank I always hit the side, but it doesn't eat as much dmg as other tank that I face. I have better chance doing dmg to a tier 7 then on a teir 5 jap tank. Maybe I am doing it wrong, or the game made them gay so they can sell people to actually play japanese tank.
mowlous
post Sep 22 2015, 03:30 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(Ichi3914 @ Sep 22 2015, 03:21 PM)
The Borsig is it tongue.gif
>.< ... dunno ...... can't see ...... all I know is in a t7 or t8 game sure got 1 or two TD that is like super out range shooting ...... like cheating.
mowlous
post Sep 22 2015, 03:37 PM

Casual
439 posts

Btw anyone played jg.Pz.IV before ? It's tier 6 after stugIII ....... is it good ? I heard it's pretty sucky in the tier 6 TD range.
mowlous
post Sep 22 2015, 04:19 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(Ichi3914 @ Sep 22 2015, 04:10 PM)
the gun suck cry.gif  the rate of bounce shot will make u rage vmad.gif  vmad.gif
The L/56 or L70? If L/56 sucks then habis lah ....... that's like playing t5 gun with t6 body.
mowlous
post Sep 23 2015, 11:48 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(Catnip @ Sep 23 2015, 11:34 PM)
The Jagdpanzer IV is ok. Fun to play tank destroyer with the 75mm Pak 42 L/70.

[attachmentid=4990206]

It is also the best camouflaged tank destroyer in its class.
<Tier VI TD Camo value comparison>
Should I train my crew max 100% then get 1 perk 1st to max before shifting them into the jagpanzer ? or should I just jump them over and retrain them now ? They are mostly 98% but I already buy all I can in stug III so farming from now own don't earn much benefit besides some extra game cash and a little bit more free exp.
mowlous
post Sep 25 2015, 05:03 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(KayaKeras @ Sep 25 2015, 03:45 PM)
The next tank is JP....a nice tank to play
u should continue the line
Yea I heard good things about JP series .... as well as watching how a JP II tear trough tanks like a real sniper.

So how? My crew in the old stug is almost 100% ..... should I keep playing stug till they have at least 1 extra perk then only jump to the tier 6?
mowlous
post Sep 30 2015, 09:12 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(freestyler87 @ Sep 30 2015, 05:13 PM)
Any idea why maybank visa credit card cant buy premium account?
Yea it's been quite sometime d maybank dun allow you to use card for online purchase ...... so far I know a lot complain cannot use maybank card to buy games.
mowlous
post Oct 3 2015, 09:11 PM

Casual
439 posts

Which premium tank earn money best? What range of tier you think best for earning decent silver and not too expensive to buy with real cash?
mowlous
post Oct 4 2015, 11:15 PM

Casual
439 posts

Tiger I after getting the 8,8 is a beast thumbup.gif

I hate going into tier 9 battle most of the time before I get the gun cause it's like I can't pen forever. But after getting the gun now I dare to go in to assist and hit them hard ...... earn more credit too compare to when I was grinding out.
mowlous
post Oct 25 2015, 03:01 PM

Casual
439 posts

Why this days afternoon connection like shi*t? I only get good ping early in the morning or late midnight ...

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1000sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 04:15 PM