Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Planted Aquarium V14

views

jenhuei
post May 29 2021, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

hi all, i m very new to this and have just got myself a Fluval Flex 57L tank.

I have been learning about aquascape and for the tank i will also include some guppies. Is there any place that i can learn more about substrate? I want to ensure the correct compound and are use.

Looking at
- ADA Power Sand Advance (M size bottom layer)
- ADA Power Sand (small size top layer)

Will this combination be ok? Looking at the below kind of setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYf2Xn82EJU&t=0s

jenhuei
post Jun 11 2021, 09:53 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

Hi All. I have just finish up my setup and are currently 1 week into DSM on my Fluval Flex 57L.

user posted image

I am using ADA Amazonia normal type substrate with a layer of Seachem Black sand on top. It hit me suddenly that i might have problem with the water flow as the vent to filter media compartment is completely cover by soil. During the setting up I initially thought that water will be able to travel thru the porous soil however I am starting to seeing some issue,

user posted image

1. Will over time the Amazonia soil will become compact and the space between the soil will no longer be there hence blocking the flow of water?

2. In the event that water does manage to pass thru the soil, it will be constantly leaching amonia into the water that need to constantly travel thru the soil to reach the filter media?

Is this a cause for concern or is it not? If yes perhaps i need to start digging before i flood the tank.

Look forward to some advice from sifu here. notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1037sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 AM