Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Planted Aquarium V14

views

TSEyeCare
post Oct 26 2020, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

user posted image

Hello all the sifus, I am total newbie here. Just start a tank 2weeks ago. Would like to ask about the black spot on my plant.
The black spot is algae? Is it because of high phosphate in the water or too much light?
Wanted to get a tank for my kid and only realize so much things to learn after having it.
TSEyeCare
post Oct 26 2020, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(kizwan @ Oct 26 2020, 04:03 PM)
It does looks like Black Beard Algae to me. It started that way, black spot. How long you turn on the light? Some people use Seachem Flourish Excel, some use combination of Excel & Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). Spot treatment, meaning you drain the water until the parts where BBA is exposed, then dap the solution directly to BBA. Less intrusive is to get amano shrimps.
Ok. Will try the Seachem Flourish Excel to do the spot treatment 1st, then get the amano shrimps on the weekend.
I usually on for 6hours but i think my wife sometime forgot to off after on it to look at the fish.
TSEyeCare
post Jan 5 2021, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

If you want low tech, check out MD Fish Tanks. His tank mainly without co2 and using diy cheap light.

2ft tank is a sweet spot to start with and easier to maintain over time. 40cm cube tank is also fun to play with, good height for lots of background plants.
TSEyeCare
post Jan 7 2021, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

There are many shops at selangor/kl area. There are some that i heard of, but personally never been to any, i am penang area.

Nature Inside
Aquascape Malaya Proshop
Aquascape Paradise
Natural Aquatic World
The Nature Aquastore
Fish Depot
Aquacult Studio Damansara
Unique Aquapets
Irene Aquarium & Pet Saloon
Natural Plant Aquarium
YL Aquatic Studio
Aqua Nature Malaysia
Shrimpoly
Aquaneo Enterprise
Sauk Aquatics
Beebies Shrimp Aquatic Pet
Nilufar Pet & Aquatic
Aquaworld Natural Aquatics

and many more......
TSEyeCare
post Sep 23 2022, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Check out MD Fish Tanks at youtube for low budget setup, no fancy light, no co2 but still can grow well. But I think main reason also his room temperature is maintain at lower end 20+ not like our weather 30degree.
TSEyeCare
post Sep 27 2022, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Anybody know why my surface skimmer can't really suck the oil from the surface? I did clean the sponge inside, can see the water is flowing inside but the surface oil just not moving.

user posted image

This post has been edited by TSEyeCare: Sep 27 2022, 11:17 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0942sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:00 AM